1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

£200? Does it come with a blow job?

2. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

That's self-service I'm afraid.

3. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Even in Sparta you uncultured Corinthian, Athenians were at least raised in a mixed gender environment unlike the Spartans who were taken from their mother at age seven and spent most of their time in barracks with other men not getting married until about age thirty.

4. Threadmarks: Uncomplicated Good Works (part 18)
    Mr Zoat

22nd December 2012
    16:52 GMT +3

"How's the Flash doing?"

"He wasn't too happy about Blitzen showing up." We slow as we approach our destination in the northern wilds of Themyscira. "But since she's spending most of her time with the Alliance, it's not too much of a problem."

"Ah, the stepsister he never wanted."

"I talked a lot to Overman, so I'm not just going to dismiss her because she's a Nazi. But most people aren't that open-minded, and Blitzen… She's not as apologetic as he is."

"He actually fought in their World War Two. She wasn't created until the bodies were paved over. But, no. I meant about the Sheeda."

"He's talking to someone about that. He's not the only one." His eyes flick to me. "You could talk to him yourself."

"I don't think he needs to hear more about my outlook."

"I'm going to guess that you would have tried talking Lord Malvolio into killing her for you."

"Or kicking her out at least. Honestly, I can't see how someone with her temperament could survive around him for any length of time without doing something to insult him badly enough that he'd lose his temper. And the rest of the Sheeda survivors weren't worth it. And… I'd guess that you'd want to send her to the Phantom Zone."

"I thought that was the cowardly answer? Should I be insulted?"

"I can't think of a classically heroic way to resolve the situation. If she was tried in a court, she would be executed. Anything else would present too great a risk of her getting free. The Phantom Zone would probably contain her without requiring her death."

"Are you sure that death would contain her?"

"Reasonably sure. People usually die when they are dead. She doesn't have a way to come back without the Cauldron of Rebirth, and that would require someone to dump her body in it. And… For there to be a body to dump in it."

"Did someone secure the Cauldron?"

"I'd have to check with General Lane. I don't remember a Sheeda… 'Cauldron' being mentioned specifically. What is it?"

"A sort of super Lazarus Pit in the form of a big cauldron. And if Lord Malvolio has it, that might explain why he's not still angry about Flash killing her."

That gets a surprised blink. "You think he's resurrected her?"

"I think it's a possibility. I don't think that asking him about it would help the situation."

"No, but it's going to make Batman even more paranoid about people using Sheeda technology."

I nod. "But… Flash is… Coping? I know how out of character that was for him."

"I don't think he's back to normal yet, but he's getting there."

I nod as we land outside of an ancient farmstead. No one I asked could remember exactly when Medina and Family set up here. Amazons don’t have perfect memories, after all. 'Before the current city was built' was the best I could get out of anyone. But looking around at the surrounding landscape I'm reminded of an incident involving… A British University, I forget the name. They needed a new oak beam for the roof, but it would have to be far longer than was commercially available. One stroll into the grounds later and they found the tree that their forebears planted a hundred years ago for that express purpose.

The whole 'A civilization flourishes when people plant trees under whose shade they will never sit' doesn't really apply when everyone is ageless and no one is having children, but the trees are laid out in generational rows, ready for use when the house and barn next needs it.

Aside from that piece of sagacity, the farm looks… Oh dear. Like a pre-Exodus farm. They haven't done the sort of infrastructure building that most Amazons have, with sewers, stone paths and walls and slate roofs. They've deliberately recreated something older and simpler.

Rats.

"Hello?!"

I stroll down what looks like the path into the farmyard. I can hear pigs grunting and geese honking, and a-.

Shclunk.

The sound of dinner being decapitated. I'm not sure whether Hippolyta is doing Christmas this year. I don't imagine that the last one really enthused anyone. But a traditionalist Themysciran definitely wouldn't.

"Hello?"

Heavy footsteps in heavy boots, then one of the residents comes into view. Black hair, olive skin, muscled from constant farm work rather than a gymnasium. Not Medina herself, but probably one of her wives.

"No, I'm sorry." She shakes her head. "We agreed one at a time, and it's Medina's turn. Try the City."

"That's not why I'm here."

She looks us both over and frowns. And suddenly I feel self-conscious about how I dress on professional occasions.

"Are you friends of the Princess?"

"Yes. More to the point, I'm the one who brought the portal to Themyscira."

"Oh, ah, Paa… Pavlos?" I nod. "And…" She squints. "Um. Marvelman?"

"Close. It's Superman."

I suppose an isolated corner of Themyscira is the one place on Earth that's more likely to have heard of me than Superman.

"And I am Karyne. If you are not here to sire a child, are you here to trade for produce?"

"Are you aware of how much of a fuss Medina has created?"

"I… Suppose it's some. But most of us cannot shape clay into a child and have it come to life."

Y-es, Hippolyta did say that was the closest she came to being deposed, didn't she?

"This might be something I should talk about with your whole family. In short, America has very different customs relating to parental responsibility to Themyscira, and the child's biological father wants to discharge his responsibilities." She nods. Okay, not getting the misandrist diatribe I was half-braced for. That's a good sign. "And because there's no actual treaty between America and Themyscira, it's a matter for the forum, and… Medina's actions are rubbing the majority up the wrong way."

Karyne frowns. "Why? The women of the City could do the same if they wished."

"The American government usually restricts people coming into their country from the outside. Themyscira has been given… Effectively, given a bypass on those rules because they trust you and because there aren't that many of you. If Amazons start flagrantly ignoring local custom, that could change. The man who sired Medina's child had a very different idea of what their relationship was to what she intended."

Karyne's frown deepens. "He thought that she would stay with him?"

"He didn't know she was from Themyscira."

Karyne puts her hands on her hips.

"That is not what she told us."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  5. Mr Zoat

I wanted to link to a video here, but I couldn't find it. While it's true that men and women lived separately, Sparta didn't celebrate same sex romantic relationships in the way that Athens or Thebes did.

Ardy, Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin and 7 others like this.
  6. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

'killing her' I think.

Someone did an uh-oh.

7. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Someone is in the doghouse.

8. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

True, but nevertheless, they were considered normal as opposed to relationships with women.

9. A_Bibliophage

A_Bibliophage Getting sticky.

Well, good thing the lasso of truth exists. Kind of makes these sort of he said she said things way simpler to sort out.

10. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ok, so either she's lying or hes lying, given Pauls empathic vision didn't trip any alarms with the dude my guess is that she went out to try to find a breeding stud, ended up actually falling for the guy, panicked because she had gotten into the relationship based on a lie and decided to get out of there rather than come out with the truth. Which is extra fucked up when you remember she's already married.

This situation has gone from scolding an amazon that didn't think about the implications of differing social norms to potentially full on Telenovela.... APRHODITE GET THE POPCORN!

KenNM, Prince Charon, Vorian and 24 others like this.
  11. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

All of a sudden the image of Jerry Springer or Maury Povich style of talk show baby drama kicking off popped into my head. The idea of ancient Greek women rushing across a stage to start shoving and pulling hair over a pregnancy is hilarious.

12. kraiv

kraiv Getting sticky.

if something like the lasso existed in the real world then i belive it could cause the downfall of many countries

13. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I'll bet Clark got a few appreciative looks as he passed through the city. Those Kryptonian tights of his don't leave much to the imagine now matter how thick they are. And he's likely to have the sort of physique that antiquitarian Hellenes might consider pleasing to the eye.

She's young.. -ish. For her, the wartime atrocities are history, not living memory.

Now, I wonder who could handle being the Justice League's psychiatrist? Or at least be one discreet enough to cope with keeping any slips about a secret identity private. ;)

Honestly, I don't think Big Green liked her much anyway. But the rules of hospitality are inviolable... Until the guest fucks up.

From what I remember of my one reading of the Seven Soldiers series, Gloriana Tenebrae was not the most... Humble person. :sneaky: 'Arrogant bitch with delusions of godhood' might be a charitable description.

Given what OL remembers of the Sheeda, and we know from the Renegade's little trip, probably not.

Sadly, like Dark Eldar, keeping them dead is something of a challenge given the transitory nature of their souls. In the case of Dark Elder, they can be revived from leftover chunks, albeit at the cost of another's pain and suffering.

With any luck, it pissed off back to the future along with the castle.

If only to kill her again, knowing what she ordered done to Earth.

In some cases, I'd be more worried about the technology using them.

Well, that's good to hear. I'm sure the Rogues are happy about that part.

How foresighted of their predecessors. Let's hope they planted a new tree in its place for next century.

So they're either willingly old-fashioned, wilfully backward, or simply don't care for 'these new-fangled tomfooleries like 'sanitation''. No wonder Medina went about things the way she did, then.

In other words, will that old-fashioned-ness extend to their attitudes towards men...

Ah, the delightful sights, sounds and smells of classical farming. I bet Clark feels kind of nostalgic... A little, anyway. This is probably less modern than he's used to.

I'm betting she did it in honour of Kon and Mitchell... Since ancient Hellenic culture didn't have any directly equivalent holidays...

...Not quite the reaction OL or Clark were expecting, I bet.

She's probably thinking 'Well, they're certainly fit, I'll give them that' or similar.

Which I bet will be remembered as a pretty significant time.

Indeed. He's not nearly blond enough to be Marvelman, never mind the cape. Even if the colours are similar.

...Would she like to speak to their manager? :p But seriously, a little farm out here probably is fairly self-sufficient. Not surprised any excess gets sold at markets.

Oooh, golem burn. And I doubt word of OL's offer to provide an IVF-equivalent service hasn't made it out this far.

She was half-expecting something like this wasn't she? At least one of Medina's group is smart enough to realise things might change in three thousand years.

And that's probably news to her. Though hopefully this whole affair doesn't sour things between the countries.

I mean, New York, melting pot of cultures and tourists. He probably just assumed she was an odd Greek girl... With a passion for physical fitness.

Oooh, has someone not been honest with her wives about this sordid peccadilo?

Sounds like Medina's been telling porkie pies to more people than the father of her child. Someone might be in for a telling off when she gets home, and maybe a stay in the doghouse. Which they probably actually have here, for that extra comedic value. At any rate, when word of this gets out, public opinion is really going to turn nasty...

14. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Why would Malvolio resurrect the Sheeda Queen?

Handlewithcare likes this.
  15. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

But the Counties that rose up to replace them would be more stable. That which can be destroyed by the true should be. Of course when I say that mean including full context not just progangda slanting.

16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, he doesn't have a tiny penis.
    Because she was harmed after he offered her sanctuary, making it his responsibility.

17. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

That's not true. Statues and paintings were given tiny penises by artists as a metaphor for self-control and their intellectual exceptionalism being more important than base desires. I assure you, large penises were still very much popular in practice.

KenNM, Cuchulin, mastermenthe and 7 others like this.
  18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Aphrodite, Aphrodite, Aphroditeeee...thegoddesoflove

But new and potentially better ones would rise in their stead.

Those ancient types tend to take guest right very serioulsy. Her death under his truce is an insult.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well the guy probably has a newfound hatred for people that belong to groups that have committed mass murder and feel no shame for it.

Plus, she's a Nazi, which means she's automatically to be hated.

'lot with'

Yeah, look at what you did to Supes.

Worried that they'd be too old-fashioned?

Having giant winged people showing up and singing murder would certainly dampen the mood.

Unless they liked the food.

Well this is interesting.

20. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

and just like that, a millennia-old lesbian polygamist family have turned the Forum into the Jerry Springer Show

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is honestly just perfect.

22. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Instead of "You ARE the father" It's "You LOVED a man!"

Cuchulin, kerleth and Bud-E like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

I bow to your superior experience.

Also, you just said that Superman has a tiny penis.
    Thank you, corrected.

24. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

Malvolio is only 400 years old and only left Earth 200 years ago. Guest right wasn't as big a thing. This was already modern Era.

25. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

Slander!

Cuchulin and Lord Ernest like this.
  26. Mr Zoat

27. FuzzyZergling

FuzzyZergling Getting out there.

a lot

28. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

29. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Who can say for certain what's in Superman's trunks?

30. Mr Zoat

Lois.