1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Morning (Quest) [Highschool DXD]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ryuan, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: 000: Birth of The Morning Star
    ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

I became aware before I woke up. Dreams of a life I lived beforehand in my mind were fragmented and had some random choice bits I didn't knew much of their purpose. Ideas, memories and concepts that I knew while lacking most context and necessary concepts to truly make sense of them.

So when I started to stir and wake up I was assaulted by LIGHT. Powerful, searing, transcendental and many other qualifiers that couldn't be translated into any language surfaced to my mind.

AWAKEN MY SON, AND TAKE YOUR PLACE AT MY SIDE.

His voice was thunderous and powerful, the very space vibrating in the wake of his power.

"I am here father", I said. I didn't question how I could speak a language, just like how I didn't question how I already had memories of things that never could be again, of people that didn't exist anymore.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD MY SON. HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

"Alright I suppose", I said, before gathering all courage I had to make this request. "Could you please dim your LIGHT a bit? I find myself I either need to turn my back to you or contort my body uncomfortably not to be seared by your LIGHT."

There was a pause, and either an instant or an eternity later, things shifted a little.

There was still LIGHT but it was somehow muted, and the presence in front of me wasn't too much in my face so to speak. I could look at the one in front of me without having my vision blinded by the LIGHT, even if there was still more than enough LIGHT that looking directly would blind me. Still I could make out a shape behind the light that looked both familiar and not. Familiar in the sense that an humanoid shape could be distinguished, unfamiliar in the sense that I had never seen the one in front of me before in my life.

The light muted some more and I could finally look around my surroundings without being blinded. While before I had to either turn my back or bend my body in such a way to prostate myself in order to avoid being blinded and seared away by the LIGHT, now it was only necessary to look down at around chest area of the one in front of me.

Twelve pairs of wings of LIGHT shone on his back, and as I tried to look up to see his face I saw the searing LIGHT once more. Avoiding looking directly on his face I saw there was some kind of crown, a Halo of light above his head. Avoiding my eyes from his face, I nodded.

"Thank you for your consideration father", I said before looking at myself.

I also recognized my form as that of a humanoid, shrouded in Light that I could see through. Differently from the memories I was born with, I had no imperfections in the form, and while I couldn't see my face I had this distinct impression that I was sculpted to an ideal of beauty, if only because I was his son.

"What now, father?"

YOU ARE MY FIRST BORN SON, THE BEARER OF LIGHT. YOUR NAME IS HELEL, LUCIFER THE MORNING STAR, AND TOGETHER WE SHALL MOLD CREATION

I nodded. Better than to stand around doing nothing and being bored I suppose. Besides I would spend time with father, what else could I want?

Wait a minute. Lucifer Morning Star?

Oh. Ohhhhhhh.

Yeah I see where this is going, and I want no part in it. I wonder what creation will look like if I don't throw a bitch fit and rebel.

Hmm, need to ask father if the memories I have were intentional or not.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Threadmarks: Character Sheet
    ryuan

General

Name: Helel
    Alias: Lucifer, The Morning Star

XP: 42400/42400

Appearance: A tall man with light tanned skin, bright golden eyes and long straight red hair. A sharp jaw and somewhat feminine features on a strong and athletic body sculpted to perfection on a ideal of beauty.

Authority: 9 (Very powerful newborn true angel)

Epithets

First Born
    The first born son of YHVH in this new era, created with care and love above all else, he is the closest to his father in terms of potential, able to learn and become stronger on his own, though at a much reduced level than his father. As such he holds an innate authority over all his younger siblings that came with the weight of his age, wisdom and power that all of the heavenly host can feel.

Effects: All of creation instinctively knows he's second only to his father, giving him an aura that can cause either powerful fear or awe effects, which he can suppress at will. His power potential is unmatched, allowing him to gain power quickly. +4 Authority rating.

Light Born
    As an angel Helel is made of Light, a miraculous material that exists in a proto-universe. In it's natural state it posses concepts such as 'purity' and 'infinity' to some degree, and other concepts that are impossible to exist in the normal universe.

Effects: As a being made of light your own innate power is great. Start with +2 Authority rating.

Architect of Creation
    As his first lesson, Helel was taught how to create the universe. From the most basic element such as Dust to more complex structures such as entire galactic clusters, he mastered the forging of the universe. This grants him absolute Authority over beings made of dust and great skill in Light and Dust manipulation, almost on par with YHVH.

Effect: Helel mastery of the use of Light and Dust is unrivaled on the Celestial Host, as one who aided YHVH in the creation of the universe his scientific knowledge is second only to Him. If he wishes, he can force any being to acknowledge him as one of the Architect of Creation . +3 Authority.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Snake1234, david420, Ku4kin and 29 others like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Miscellaneous
    ryuan

Game Mechanics

Authority
    A value that indicate how strong you are, and how much authority you have over all of YHWH creation. The higher it is, the higher you can warp reality into your own whims. Of course, if you try to break the laws of the world so much eventually all of creation might suffer. Each new authority value costs 100^n+1 xp to raise.

Specializations
    Those are specializations that can range from +1~+5 rating, which add direct to authority for a certain specific task or theme. Depending on the specialization rating, it is more cheaper to buy. It is applied on top of the Authority rating, giving a higher than normal rating. Rare: 10^n+1 xp; Uncommon: 25^n+1 xp; Common: 50^n+1 xp;

Omake Bounties
    So that's where I put my drill! (Fate/Stay Night crossover): +50xp

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  4. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

[X]An entity that was a counterpart of father arrived, and with him it brought a form of corruption called SIN that was inherently anathema to our existence and father's plans.

5. OSRfanatic1

OSRfanatic1 ...Meh

[ ]Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  6. Valor

Valor Versed in the lewd.

[X]Helping father form the universe, designing it's laws and interactions using a form of substance called DUST, a changed form of Light.

7. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Know what you're doing yet?

I'm not entirely sure what we are voting for... Is the PC amnesiac and we are voting for the starting point of the quest? "My next memories were of me..." certainly seems to imply total memory loss.

[X ]Helping father form the universe, designing it's laws and interactions using a form of substance called DUST, a changed form of Light.

8. derkan

derkan Experienced.

My next memories were of me...
    [ ]Helping father form the universe, designing it's laws and interactions using a form of substance called DUST, a changed form of Light. RWBY ?
    [ ]Helping design humanity. I proposed to father the creation of both the Fruit of Life and the Fruit of Knowledge in order to eventually merge them together. NGE ?
    [ ]An entity that was a counterpart of father arrived, and with him it brought a form of corruption called SIN that was inherently anathema to our existence and father's plans Final Fantasy ?

9. Avalon Du Lac

Avalon Du Lac Versed in the lewd.

[X]Helping father form the universe, designing it's laws and interactions using a form of substance called DUST, a changed form of Light. RWBY ?

10. ryuan

It's to see what happens next. Also, there aren't any further crossovers to this quest.

EDIT: All options will happen eventually, you're only voting on the next chronological entry.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  11. Counter_Guardian

Counter_Guardian I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Helping father form the universe, designing it's laws and interactions using a form of substance called DUST, a changed form of Light.

12. OSRfanatic1

OSRfanatic1 ...Meh

Lets hope we do better then the previous Creative Writing version of this story. Like make something better then DUST.

13. ryuan

Technically, it's all Satan's fault everything went to shit.

14. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

15. ryuan

Anyway, a bit more of information on your current choice.

You will do all of them, but depending on your choice it will determine how good you are at any one thing, giving you tiered Epithets.

For example, canon Helel have those epithets in this order of importance: Architect of Creation, Designer of Humanity and Celestial Warrior. That means he can make a whole universe, from the most base laws of reality that form your everyday life to yet to be discovered physical principles and limitations that would set the tone of the world, such as the existence of magic in any level of reality, comic book superscience and other things. He can also create beings like humans and improve on them to become post-humans super beings with a lot of work, and while he won't be a slouch in fighting he's definitely a researcher instead of warrior.

Hmm, I think this thread requires a soft reset. I will come up with something later. It will remain mostly the same as now, but with more details put into it.

16. Threadmarks: 001: Time Passes - Choices
    ryuan

[ ]Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

[ ]Father asked me to to take a look at his finest creation, the humans. They would be perfect in body and mind, combined with other factors they would eventually grow to be equals to father, or so he hoped. The experiment had failed countless times in the past, and he asks my opinion on how to improve on it.

[ ]An entity that father told me was his counterpart came. At first he was welcomed with open arms, and they both talked about collaborating in the future, but soon father realized that the being in front of him was anathema to everything he stood for. While he created Dust to have limitless potential during it's short life, his counterpart created SIN in order to consume and subsume everything according to his design in order to feed himself.

17. Avalon Du Lac

[X]Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

18. ryuan

I did a soft reset. Should be better now. If you still want to play, please vote for the new options.

Thanks for your time.

19. Valor

Valor Versed in the lewd.

[X] Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

20. Counter_Guardian

Counter_Guardian I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

21. DariusXXI

DariusXXI Getting out there.

[X] Father took me aside to start my lessons, teaching me the techniques in how to mold and form the universe, made from Light and turned into Dust. He allowed me to have free reign in the creation of this universe, only stepping in when he believed emergent forms of intelligence would arise to prevent their development.

22. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

23. The Canadian Patriot

The Canadian Patriot Just wishing I could change my account

I'm not completely sure what's going on, but I think I like it.

24. mannan

mannan Versed in the lewd.

25. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Hope this is still alive.

26. ryuan

It is, just thinking on how to proceed with the next update. It will be a minor story relevant timeskip since nothing much of interest happen during this time, but it is good to create the credentials of Helel.

27. Threadmarks: 002: Architect of Creation 1
    ryuan

COME MY CHILD, LET ME SHOW YOU SOMETHING.

As he said so I followed his LIGHT until we were into another section of the Void around us.

OBSERVE.

With those words he Breathed life into the Void, non-existence taking shape, LIGHT forming into Light around the Void, the small section floating around.

NOW TRY YOURSELF. YOUR Light HAS A COMPONENT OF INFINITY WITHIN IT, AND ABILITY TO NEVER TRULLY DIMINISH ITSELF. USE THAT PROPERTY TO CREATE MORE Light IN FRONT OF YOU. IT SHOULD COME NATURALLY TO YOU HOW TO DO THIS.

I nodded, and looked inward. I felt my own Light composing myself, how it moved around, how I could feel each individual part of it. Taking a small section of it within myself, I felt being diminished by a tiny amount that was already quickly regenerating. Mimicking my father, I tried to Breath life into the Void, but only a small whisper appeared in front of me, most of it being comsumed by the Void and only a small fraction of the original Light I took appeared in front of me.

My mortal memories supplied that if it weren't for my angelic abilities, I couldn't even perceive this small fragment.

"I failed father."

ON THE CONTRARY, YOU SUCCEEDED. I WAS EXPECTING YOU TO TRY A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE BEING ABLE TO BREATH LIGHT INTO THE VOID. ONLY Light IN SUFFICIENT QUANTITIES CAN SURVIVE THE VOID.

"So I don't need to fear the Void?"

THE VOID POSSESS MANY DANGERS, BUT YOUR EXISTENCE IS STRONG ENOUGH TO WITSTAND THE NATURAL PROPERTIES OF THE VOID, EVEN THRIVE ON IT.

"I see." I said while looking at the small fragment of Light in front of me. "I should try harder to make as much Light as possible."

TAKE YOUR TIME, AND DO NOT RUSH. YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME AVAILABLE TO YOU, AND WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE. SPEED CAN COME LATER WITH FAMILIARITY, AND EVEN THEN IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE QUICKLY, EVEN FOR ME.

I was somewhat surprised that father admitted to something he couldn't do, but perhaps that's my mortal memories telling me he was omnipotent. Perhaps there is far more to this 'living' thing I have to master before I can ask father why I had those memories within myself.

~~O~~

Time passed.

Each time I made more Light I could see the Void in front of me filling up. I became better at making more Light, enough so that I could make more in significant quantities relatively quickly.

"Here, father look!" I said excitedly before I Breathed life into the Void. A very large portion of Light filled the region, joining the rest of Light I had made. "I think I got the hang of it."

YOU MADE ENOUGH Light NOW. IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE SECOND STEP.

As he said that, the Light I had created shrunk quickly into a tiny mote of Light that seemed much brighter and powerful than before.

CONDENSE AND COMPRESS THE Light MIST INTO MOTES OF LIGHT. THAT WILL BE THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF EVERYTHING YOU WILL MAKE IN THE FUTURE. AFTERWARDS I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO BREATH MOTES OF Light DIRECTLY INTO EXISTENCE.

~~O~~

And so and so time passed, with father teaching me more about Light. How to make more of it from myself, how to be more efficient in it's use, and how to breath directly Motes of Light. He explained to me that I was also made of Motes of Light instead of Light mist, and how Light had an infinite potential to shape itself.

New concepts that the mortal languages had no words for, each one building on themselves to create something new.

Eventually, I managed to make enough Motes of Light to turn it into one of father's best creations in his own opinion, the Dust.

My mortal memories equated Dust with Matter, but it was more than that. Dust was the building blocks of reality itself as my mortal memories understood, wit sub-quantum properties and further elementary particles and rules that made up mortal existence. I was taught how to make it in it's entirety, and then as homework I had to figure out all possible configurations of Dust using the rules set out by father.

It took time for me to figure it all out, enough that the Dust evaporated back into Light mist multiple times until I managed to figure them all out.

There were a LOT of configurations using those rules, even some that were very unlikely and would quickly degrade into other versions unless more energy and mass was applied to the system.

VERY WELL HELEL, NOW THAT YOU ARE PROFICIENT IN THE MAKING OF Dust YOU WILL LEARN THE NEXT STEP. WE WILL BE USING THE DUST TO MAKE SOMETHING. TRY TO MAKE A STABLE CREATION FOR NOW, BEFORE WE WORK ON MORE ADVANCED FORMS AND RULES.

I nodded. How hard it could be?

~~O~~

*BOOM*

"That star wasn't supposed to explode."

~~O~~

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

"That galactic cluster wasn't suppose to implode like that."

~~O~~

*hissssss* *pop*

"Why everything dissolved like that!!!"

~~O~~

As it turns out, it's really, really hard to make a stable Creation for any significant amount of time, but eventually I managed to make something that wouldn't end itself prematurely. I let my Creation evaporate back into Light countless times, changing things countless times until I was certain everything wouldn't just break apart when I wasn't looking before it's time.

"I believe I'm done father." I said to him.

YES. THE BALANCE OF EVERYTHING IS FRAIL, BUT OFTEN THINGS WORTHY OF DOING ARE RATHER FRAIL AGAINST OUTSIDE TAMPERING. I BELIEVE YOU LEARNED ENOUGH OF THE BASICS TO START HELPING ME WITH MY OWN CREATION.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence father."

With a sweep of his hand the Creation I had made and all Light I had made dissolved back in the Void, before I saw him Breath life into the Void in far more quantities than I could hope to match. It was simply too much, and showed me how far I had to go.

A long time later, and a lot of Light on the Void, he compressed the Light into a single point in an instant, which then exploded into Dust already formed, a different technique than the one I thought off before.

EVENTUALLY YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO MAKE NEW TECHNIQUES IN Light AND Dust MANIPULATION. I DID NOT TAUGHT YOU MORE ABOUT THIS SUBJECT SINCE THE METHODS I USE TO MANIPULATE BOTH ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO YOU. I WILL HELP YOU FURTHER REFINE THE TECHNIQUES YOU HAD CREATED, BUT ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THEM.

Somehow, that made sense to me. After dealing with Light and Dust for so long I had a newfound appreciation for my father's work that came from my mortal's memories.

Once more he Breathed life, and this time something different came into view. Some kind of creature that sort of resembled a lion with it's mane and fangs came into being, alongside a sword made of Light that had flames on it's edge.

NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE BASICS, I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO MAKE TOOLS TO MAKE YOUR WORK EASIER. DO NOT BE TOO DEPENDENT ON THEM, HOWEVER, AS THEY CAN BE TAKEN AWAY AND IN THE END ONLY YOUR OWN ABILITIES SHOULD SUFFICE TO MOLD CREATION.

I nodded, and I started helping my father with his own Creation.

~~O~~

Time passed, and I learned more advanced methods to manipulate Dust and Light. How to make certain things more easily, how to implement more exoteric rules into the world, and it's consequences.

I was taught the reasons for several design choices for the world, such as the highest speed of light and why going faster than it with proper massed objects was a bad idea.

That, and many more insights were at my fingertips either because my father taught me or I realized them on my own, and eventually I managed to, if not master the creation of the universe, then at least understand it properly to make my own with sufficient time and care.

Still in the end I had to make several tools to aid me to properly shape Creation.

In the end my favorite tool was the following:
    [ ]Ea, The Star of Creation. A precision tool in the shape of a drill that allowed me to shape and create planet sized objects to my specifications. It was easy to use, and I could tone it down to perform some minor landscape shaping if I were so inclined.

[ ]Marduk, He Who Rises The Mountain. A non-sentient construct in the shape of a bull that helps shaping the landscape in a planet sized object, rising mountains and sinking mountains with some degree of delicacy. Not only that but it could shape an entire solar system if left unchecked.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  28. PP_QQ

PP_QQ Perfectly Punctual Quintessential Quiche

[X]Ea, The Star of Creation. A precision tool in the shape of a drill that allowed me to shape and create planet sized objects to my specifications. It was easy to use, and I could tone it down to perform some minor landscape shaping if I were so inclined.

29. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

[X]Ea, The Star of Creation. A precision tool in the shape of a drill that allowed me to shape and create planet sized objects to my specifications. It was easy to use, and I could tone it down to perform some minor landscape shaping if I were so inclined.

30. Avalon Du Lac