1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

What settings or novels would you love to see turned into an anime series?

Discussion in 'General' started by Space Penguin, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

As stated in the title, What settings or novels would you love to see turned into an anime series?

1] Mage the Ascension
    2] Mage the Awakening
    3] Exalted
    4] Uber
    5] Demon: The Descent
    6] Warhammer 40k

Now why the above?

1] Different magic systems all working in the same universe from technomage big brother conspiracies who have literal Men in Black to spaceships to wiccans to kungfu fighters to even Shinto paradigm. They can all fit on. Politics. Moral ambiguity. Crazy demon worshipers to nihilists who do have a point. Its all here

2] I'll admit I don't know much about this one. But have heard that mages can have inner worlds where aspects of themselves can be found. Kinda like the primordials from Exalted. Imagine the MC who instead of dealing with crap from tsundere best friend is instead involved with female aspect of his soul. Narcissism at its finest??

3] Its already animelike.

4] Superpowered Nazi's!! OP super powered Russian woman. Nice alternate history mess of a world

5]
    [​IMG]

Demons can have kids. So the demon behind the kid is either father or mother. Just this. You know. cross this over with Highschool DXD. Could be interesting.

6] Very apprehensive about this one. Inquisition, Imperial guard and Rogue Trader series could be very interesting.

Anyway, how about you guys? What settings or novels would you love to see turned into an anime series? What do you think of my choices?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  2. Space Penguin

:(

Further entries I would also love to see

7] Warhammer Fantasy Battle

- Seeing the rise of the various human nations, Nagash being the evil bastard that he is destroy his own people, the elves and Dwarfs being friends and the the War of the Beard. Seeing Nagash get his teeth kicked in by Sigmar. Tons of stuff could be mined here

8] The Wheel of Time

- Very interesting. MC even has 3 women by the end IIRC. Female and men have different powers and so on.

Sol Mark-1 and Xicree like this.
  3. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Lensman. Only done fucking right, not like the rip off.

L5R

Conu and Xicree like this.
  4. kifflomx

kifflomx Actual coffee enjoyer.

Corruption of Champions :3

And Exalted since like Space Penguin said it's already animelike.

Xicree likes this.
  5. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Warhammer 40,000 into a harem anime. :)

mrttao likes this.
  6. Space Penguin

Wow, its been sometime since someone brought up that series. Here is what Seru is talking about: Lensman

What?

Thats hentai but sure.

Corruption of Champions

Way I see it. Exalted is at least honest about its protags being special.

Naruto or whatever have this habit of saying the protag is the underdog and everybody can become something if they have Nakama or work hard enough and yet naruto apparently has a demon spirit no one else in his village has, has uber chakra amounts, is desenced from the Hokage and his Kushina meaning Naruto is descended from the special Uzumaki clan and is apparently the reincarnation of one of the sons of the Sage of Six paths?

In Exalted. You are special cause you have been exalted. Simple as that.

:eek: :confused: well doujinshi created after the release of the anime will have to suffice.

Anyone else?

Subrosian Smithy likes this.
  7. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

L5R = Legend of the Five Rings.

I do not have enough characters in a post to elaborate about how awesome it is.

8. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Bah! I need my tsundare Eldar fix!

mrttao likes this.
  9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Percy Jackson maybe? The movie was kind of totally horrible so a anime can only be better.

Discworld.. oh that may actually work better as an anime than standard live-action simply because it is so ridiculous. Though they will turn Rincewind bishounen for sure.

Dresden Files could be interesting....

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  10. Space Penguin

Why not. That would be nice.

For people who don't know what Percy Jackson is: Percy Jackson

Personally don't Discworld

This would be very interesting. Dresden Files

We can even have attempted corruption sequences where the Denarians try to corrupt people just like what we saw in Death Note where only Light could see the Shinigami.

Legend of the Five Rings

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

The Clanwar as an anime would be awesome

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. DCF

DCF Lewd Catgirl

Eclipse Phase plz

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  13. Space Penguin

Eclipse Phase

Furies are built into the setting. So catgirls, slime people, whatever are all available. Japan would love it. issue is that no waifu's. Otaku's would rage cause all the sluts :p

Sol Mark-1 and Subrosian Smithy like this.
  14. MadKeyboard

MadKeyboard is not a deviant; just the resident Xenophiliac

DUNE.

Jodorowsky's never-came-to-be DUNE, to be precise.

Sol Mark-1 and Zennez like this.
  15. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

I would go for something from Terry Pratchett novels.

Adapting Disc World would be awesome. But it might be to much. This would be eqivalend of Marvel Cinematic universe as several anime sieries and movies and OVA that happen in this setting. Or maybe have completly orginal story.

Trilogies that tells about adventures of Johnny Maxwell or The Nome also would make a fun series or movies.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  16. MerelysSoul

MerelysSoul Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.

I would like to see a quite few things. Dragonriders of Pern, Creatures of Light and Darkness, Lord of Light, Dragonlance, Elderscrolls, Legacy of Kain, Legend of Dragoon, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Amber Chronicles...

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  17. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Mage The Ascension/Awakening would be cool for a mind screw anime, like Serial Experiments Lain.

Exalted would be interesting.

18. Graypairofsocks

Graypairofsocks THIS IS A TITLE!

5 out of 6 of those are RPG systems. I think there is a history of RPG adaptions to the screen being terrible.

19. DCF

DCF Lewd Catgirl

There's a history of Hollywood adaptions in general being terrible. And there have been too few RPG adaptions to allow you to cherrypick the few good ones.

20. Space Penguin

Mage the Ascension is a setting or subset of the world of darkness setting. Storyteller system or d20 is an RPG system.

And?

21. Susano

Susano Regent of the Lyran Commonwealth

1) Battletech comes a full circle and is made an anime series? :p
    2) Shadowrun in the style of Ghost in the Shell
    3) The Vorkosigan saga. Maybe especially the chronologically early books, before Miles, when Barrayar was complete political chaos. I don't think Miles' shenanigans would fit well to anime, but the early stories... a foreign planet, old nobility, family drama, and all that in sci-fi... yeah, fits.
    4) Risen Empire/Killing of Worlds by Scott Westerfeld. Could make for a really great sci-fi epic with superb visuals.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  22. Sum Sine Regno

Sum Sine Regno Landøyðan

The Metro-verse, as in the one with the Russians, Mushroom Vodka, and the world getting so nuked that Heaven and Hell go *poof*. I think it would work well as an anime, and by anime I mean one done by the Urobutcher. I think he'd do all the Grim Darkness of the series well, and he seems to be good at doing the bright spots as well. And the series can either start with the day the nuke dropped show people panicking as they race to reach the Metro and safety, chaos in the streets, pandemonium, violence, but also moments where people try to help others die, moments were people face death with dignity, either alone, or with their families, and have the scene end like the live action Metro Last Light trailers were the doors to the Metro are closed on those gathered outside as it is now too late, It would then fade to black and skip to the beginning of the book/game.

Or even with the day Artyom's home station gets overrun by man-eating rats, the Chaos, and disorder, and everything going on, and a young Artyom (either a baby or small child) being frantically carried by his mother to a railcar which is being prepared to leave by guards, fleeing the station and abandoning the residents. She begs one of them to take her child and save him, and he accepts the child and boards the car. Seeing her get eaten by the rampaging horde of rats, and then another whole station getting eaten/at least horribly attacked by the rats, with the rats still chasing them until they get toasted two stations over. I'd have it show the man being shell-shocked and staring off into space, until something breaks him out of it, and he looks down to see the baby holding his thumb, and then smiles at him, and then he slightly smiles back...fade to black. Also I'd probably show how nice his original home is, as per canon, just to drive home the grim dark.

Seriously the Metro-verse would make a great Urobutcher anime. As being Artyom is suffering.

23. Badass6969

Badass6969 Well worn.

Fallout. If anybody notices, most Japanese equivalents of Post-Apocalyptia tend to have the world too nice looking or quickly rebuilt and shiny and modern looking.

With Fallout you’d instead get lots of people living in broken down and unprettily renovated cities and settlements and finding less mass produced abundant means of gaining both tools and resources

The Fallout Anime could maybe star a Goblin Slayer-esque guy who’s basically an extremely resourceful, minimalistic, survivalist but with added quirks like Kleptomania, having an obsession with firearms, eating mutated monsters, eating dead people and barely going a day without killing something

No time for women and alcohol and drugs, unless the latter two come with stat bonuses or he can sell them

Aaron Fox and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  24. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

... Battletech. Just use the brutal and (slower) style of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and you're golden. Hell, Studio Nue worked with FASA to create a 'Japanese' version of Battletech before Harmony Gold did it's trademark trolling tactics.

Then there is Front Mission. Holy shit all the stories you can tell in Front Mission. You can mix a little bit of the roller-skating style movement of Code Geass and Armored Trooper VOTOMS with brutal action of IBO... although some of the stories that you can adapt would be... modified due to it's content (oh, and Front Mission makes IBO look like a picnic in the grim department).

Imabot likes this.