1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. dasstan

dasstan :)

*conditioned shudder*

[X] "Of course. We will speak terms later." We are not asking his permission to speak of terms.
    -[X] "Just one small thing, father. When you call me by my name, it reminds me of who I used to be. I don't like who I used to be. I mean no disrespect, but would you do me the small favor of using my cape name from now on?"
    [X] Cape name if different than the Dark Prince
    - [X] The world isn't yet ready to call me The Dark Prince, except maybe in bed. On the streets, I'll use something slightly less pretentious, slightly more normal-sounding. For now, I'll go by...
    -- [X] Tenebrae

2. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

[X] "Of course. We will speak terms later." We are not asking his permission to speak of terms.
    -[X] "Just one small thing, father. When you call me by my name, it reminds me of who I used to be. I don't like who I used to be. I mean no disrespect, but would you do me the small favor of using my cape name from now on?"
    - [X] The world isn't yet ready to call me The Dark Prince, except maybe in bed. On the streets, I'll use something slightly less pretentious, slightly more normal-sounding. For now, I'll go by...
    -- [X] Aminon

3. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

In the Nordic traditions, Freya, Hel, and Odin are all gods with one of their primary domains as death. 2/3rds are female. The Morrigan from the Celts is a Death and a fertility Goddess. Kali from Hindu is a goddess of death and motherhood.

I think its a sense of duality. Women give birth, they bring life, it is only right that they also keep you after death.

In the case of like Odin or Hades, its more of they rule over you. Hel and Freya keep you.

Vlad Tepes (Vlad the III, Vlad Dracula, Vlad the Impaler) was made famous because he... impaled people, mostly Muslims, probably because they were assholes to him his entire life. The Prince of Wallachia spent time as a prisoner/hostage in Muslim lands when he was a lad, and was inducted into the Order of the Dragon by his father Vlad the II also known as Vlad Dracul. It is Vlad Dracula (Son of the Dragon in ye Olde Times, I understand it means 'devil' or 'demon' in most slavic countries except in the province of Wallachia) who was made famous yet again by Bram Stoker as a vampire. And not one of those sissy gets burned by the sun vampires, but one that fucks bitches (His three brides and the lady whose name is not coming to me) and kills people.

The name doesn't have to be quite so epic as to belong to a deity as well. That is generally frowned upon by the cape community as it usually calls out to the crazies (Like the SH9 before we're ready) and says 'come at me bro.' Lung would be like 'yo I'm a rage dragon' and I would like to say that Lung has a very good chance of kicking Theo in the teeth and winning at this point in time. Lung doesn't get mote tapped. You have no PDs. You have no really conceptual attacks. Lung generates stupid amounts of WP via PURE UNADULTERATED RAGE DRAGON.

By all means, choose a 'divine' name, but obscure works better, less likely to send up the flag. Also this. Russian, Slavic, Northern Arabic ethnic groups (like the Kurds or Northern Iranians), Northern Indians, early Egyptians, and Western Chinese stuff is probably asking for a nixin' by Kaiser despite all of those ethnic groups being legitimately descended from the ancient Aryan peoples(Ancient white people were actually pretty awesome, they spread a lot of concepts around, like schools. You can trace a lot of their journeys through mummies, the Beauty of Loulan (a town in western China) was a caucasian redhead. many of the waaay earlier Egyptian mummies had red and blonde hair, it wasn't until the southern Nubians began to intermarry with the northern Egyptians that we get what we think of when we think 'Ancient Egyptians'). So would any Mayan/Incan stuff, mostly because those guys were fucking assholes who drove Aryan explorers into the mountains, called them cloud people, and proceeded to raid them, steal their women(White women be so beautiful yo, everyone wants one), and rape their children. Same goes for Western Chinese, those guys were total fucking assholes.

(When Pantheon started choosing god names in Amelia... if they hadn't beaten the SH9 before hand and later killed an Endbringer, crazies. crazies everywhere trying to kill them)

Also as to this: ' Of course. But we will speak terms later?' My current headcanon and the way I try to write Theo is painfully polite. He's 'asking' because its polite, he will insist if rebuffed. There was no real question there. BUT! I'm just pointing it out for clarifications purposes. evildice's 'correction' is perfectly fine and if I keep getting that kind of vote, I will try to remember to adjust voting options accordingly.

tighearnach, skaro, 1986ctcel and 2 others like this.
  4. Lon

Lon Well worn.

[X] Of course. But we will speak terms later?

Btw, for the asking Kaiser to change our name supplemental vote. Do we really need to sound like we have 5th grader syndrome? Because the way we're currently heading sounds like a plot from bad teenage fanfiction. MC gains dark edgy powers, wears black clothing, and calls himself the Black Flame Master.

2 Edge 4 me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  5. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

I really like 'Orcus', for some reason. Possibly because of how oddly apt it is with the whole 'punisher of broken oaths' thing.

Actually, as Abyssals, we're one of the only kinds of exalted not more prone to be arrogant jackasses than an average human.

That said, power does corrupt; as the old saying goes.

Skitzyfrenic and Least Devotee like this.
  6. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

We're also a murder monster. Just by being alive we cause people to die.

7. Tsotate

Tsotate Getting sticky.

I like it. Pronounceable, appropriate, and obscure enough that no one is likely to notice the arrogance. ("He's named after the thickener in laundry detergent?" "No, it's a Spanish clothing company. Maybe they made his costume.")

8. SwiftRosenthal

Welcome to Abyssals 101: How to Edge.

9. Lon

Lon Well worn.

/facepalm/

10. SwiftRosenthal

I'm not even joking. Solars are classical and action heroes, Infernals are party-hard-die-young transhuman rock stars, Lunars are furries, Abyssals are black metal edgelords.

11. burningclaw2

Alchemical?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  12. SwiftRosenthal

Cyborg communists.

13. Tsotate

Tsotate Getting sticky.

Glorious Cyborg Communists

14. burningclaw2

With Blackjack

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  15. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

That, plus the "m'lady", makes me feel like someone is channeling his inner loser.

I'd prefer if Theo TDP channeled his inner winner, instead.

Politeness is great. Theo TDP ought to be polite. But you gotta separate polite from deferential. Theo TDP is not deferential.

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Bii

Theo's response:
    [X] Of course. But we will speak terms later?
    -[X] "After all, the wards might offer me a better... ah... I can't say it with a straight face. We'll need to discuss this... later?"

Theo's cape stuff:
    [X] "I am The Dark Prince Jörmungandr. All shall look at me and love me in dispair, for I symbolize that the end comes for all. The Eternal Void that engulfs all eventualities. Do you think that is a little too much?"
    [X] Costume : Looking at the color scheme of your power's lightshow... there is an inherent limitation to what you can wear as a costume. Black and Silver. Well... it's not like Hugo Boss didn't design a REALLY sharp looking uniform with that color scheme... yeah, no... Let's go with a medieval theme, of black ornate armor with silver highlights. Your symbol shall be a disc surrounded by a ring or is that a serpent.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  17. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  18. Lon

Lon Well worn.

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  19. burningclaw2

I'd be Plan Bii if it wasn't for his addition to Theo's response, mainly cause I don' want Kaiser mad.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  20. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  21. SwiftRosenthal

Oh, right, we have XP. I knew I forgot something. I'd like to get Virtues to the desired level and Willpower and desired Caste/Favored abilities maxed first, so we can naturally accumulate XP while we train stuff.

[X] Costume idea Bii
    -- [X] Aminon

[X] Purchases:
    -[X] Lore ●●○○○ -> ●●●●○ (-8 XP)
    -[X] Athletics ●●●○○ -> ●●●●○ (-5 XP)

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  22. Biigoh

You mean, Theo trying to say something completely impossible with a straight face and NOT laughing like a loon? Because it's clear that he's not SERIOUSLY thinking of the Wards...

EternitynChaos and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  23. burningclaw2

To me it seemed like he was having problems keeping a non-perverted leer from appearing on his face, mainly due to someone's comment of joining the wards because of Vista and Shadow Stalker.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  24. Biigoh

Nah... look at it from an in universe perspective... there's nothing the Wards can offer him that he can't get from the Empire.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  25. SwiftRosenthal

That's not quite true. The Empire doesn't have any Tinkers.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  26. burningclaw2

That and Theo's powers are kind of a PR Homicide
    Gesellshaft

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. Biigoh

And your point being? We obviously need to show that Squealer that once you go White, you will never go Back. :3

28. Biigoh

And your point being? We obviously need to show that Squealer that once you go White, you will never go Back. :3

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. burningclaw2

I wouldn't stick my D in her, who knows what diseases she's got.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  30. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Note 2 self, learn to punch diseases out of people.