• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Well even if people aren't going to vote for the "impress dad by winning by a fair margin" option how about adding the subvote?
-[] Say a few words to her before the match starts, though. Make sure she knows you are going to fight hard, but that you value her greatly

It should at least give us some points with Jess.

And would like to hear some thoughts about those solution to training times. (And more circle members.)
For training times, the real issue is going to be abilities and attributes. Charms train quick enough as is. Essence should be left untouched. Specialties OTOH are just painful. In general, some reduction is reasonable if it will help the story along, though I don't know exactly what. For comparison, I recall a homebrew Lore charm that sped training by a factor of (essence x 3). This is a place you can probably afford to experiment a bit and change things if they aren't working.

More Exalts could be fun, as long as things don't get too out of hand too early. One of the fun parts of Alchemical Solutions is arguing over which young maidens are ideal for sacrifice to our dark god. I mean, who to Exalt. Not that we'd get a choice here, though you should keep in mind that any Exalts are going to be very narratively important, especially if they are intended to be allies.

One Exalted ally could be very useful, especially if they are skilled in things we aren't. A Crafter/Necromancer Daybreak would be great(if horrible for PR), or perhaps a performance focused Midnight. I would be careful about adding more without ensuring the existence of meaningful opposition. Another thing to consider is the degree of influence the players will have over the other character.

In many situations the rarity of Exalts might make this feel odd, but Abyssal Exaltations are anything but random. Clearly the Lover has some mad plan involving Earth Bet, however it actually relates to everything else.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count out a Lunar Exaltation showing up either. Well not a random one, but if one popping up that's bonded to our Exaltation it has a good handwave for why it showed up.

I wouldn't count out a Lunar Exaltation showing up either. Well not a random one, but if one popping up that's bonded to our Exaltation it has a good handwave for why it showed up.

For lulz how about Lily/Flechette as our Girlbro Lunar Mate? She's ranged focused, we're melee focused, we both have crappy childhoods/family's and stuff plus she'd be a potential tutor for those gender-changing lunar charms so we could seduce her or Sabah.

For lulz how about Lily/Flechette as our Girlbro Lunar Mate? She's ranged focused, we're melee focused, we both have crappy childhoods/family's and stuff plus she'd be a potential tutor for those gender-changing lunar charms so we could seduce her or Sabah.
IIRC Lily preferred to use Glorious Hanzo Steel before she became a Ward. The whole reason she took the name Foil in canon was because the PRT owned everything related to 'Flechette' but nothing about the name she had used before they picked her up.

The errata does have something important for Lunar mates of Abyssals though:
Scroll of Errata p 74 said:
Resonance and Lunar Mates
The mystical ties that bind Lunar Exalted to their Solar mates offer Abyssal Exalted a tiny sliver of hope. Resonance is never gained from sins of life directly associated with the appropriate Lunar. If the deathknight's mate calls her by her forsaken name, she may answer to it. She can protect her mate from harm and love her with a positive Intimacy. The two can even have children together safely, for all that the Neverborn impotently roar in fury. If the Abyssal actually does hold a positive Intimacy for her mate, the protection goes even farther, shielding her from sins of death so long as her actions are in direct support or defense of the Lunar. Thus, an Abyssal with no positive Intimacy could safely protect her mate from demons, but not a horde of specters (since the sin of death for opposing creatures of death still applies even though defending the specific life is permitted). With a positive Intimacy, the deathknight can safely ignore her Liege's command to murder her mate and can even fight the Deathlord in defense of that one precious life.

Lily is gay and we are very male. She wouldn't be interested the only thing her genderbending knack would let her do is seduce straight girls with male forms.

Theo couldn't learn any genderbending charms because Lunars don't use charms for that they use Knacks which Eclipsoids can't learn.

Lily is gay and we are very male. She wouldn't be interested the only thing her genderbending knack would let her do is seduce straight girls with male forms.

Theo couldn't learn any genderbending charms because Lunars don't use charms for that they use Knacks which Eclipsoids can't learn.

That sucks, oh well she could still be our Girlbro!

Current Vote Tally and a few other things before I head off to play Tera for the night. (Votes will be closing tomorrow night)

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 15 | Questionable Questing
##### NetTally 1.1.6
[X] Win or lose, this is about learning what kind of skills you might have. Fight hard, just not hard enough to permanently hurt Jess. You'll probably win anyways.
No. of Votes: 9
Jack of Olives
Biigoh
Biofan09
EternitynChaos
Fredo
Least Devotee
Lon
Selias
TheAlec

[X] Impress your Father and not only win, but win by a fair margin.
-[X] You are done with losing. Losing is now something that happens to other people.
-[X] Say a few words to her before the match starts, though. Make sure she knows you are going to fight hard, but that you value her greatly.
No. of Votes: 4
evildice
1986ctcel
dasstan
SwiftRosenthal

Total No. of Voters: 13

======

To reiterate if you chose the second option just because it specifies that we don't permanently injure Jessica, don't worry. I was trying to give a bit of insight into Theo's thoughts at the moment. He has no intention of hurting Jessica if any option is chosen. This is a 'spar.' TDP knows it Jess knows it, everyone knows it. Hurting her permanently would also not score him any pussy points and he knows it. So, unless otherwise specified in a write-in., Jessica will suffer no lasting injuries.

On the subject of other Exaltations, I'm pretty dead set on Exalting somebody else. I hinted at it with the Lover. I've just been deciding when the 'Queen of Woe' gets her visit(Mostly for ZOMBEEEES, *cough* Necromancy on Earth Bet's side, that the Lover's plan, TDP's lack of occult is less than ideal but workable). The other possible addition to TDP's circle is likely to be a Lunar. Any enemy Exalts are going to be fresh Exalts with less time as a chosen, explorers from Creation/Autocthonia, frenemies from Malfeas or whacky Cauldron Vials giving people DB exaltations.

On training:

5 hr = 1 training day
6 days = 1 week
5 weeks = 1 month
3 months = 1 season
5 seasons = 1 creation year

Then:

1 training week = 30 hours
1 training month = 30 days = 150 hours

Is what I was heading towards. Remember, doing does count as training if enough doing is done. For example: swording people to death for a few hours will count as training for physical combat stuff. Going to a party and socializing for a few hours will count as social combat related things training. It only counts once though. It can be specified in a vote if you're training for something. We haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

After the in quest night is done XP spending plans should be available to vote for.

If you have XP expenditure wishlists, you can post them and I will link them in the Extras section of the Index, its just up to you to maintain it.

One of my ideas for a Lunar Taylor would be if she after the locker instead of falling into depression decides that since they tried to kill her she is now justified returning the favor as long as she gets caught and pulls an elaborate plan to poison Sophia, exalting once she is alone after making the attempt and not getting caught.

It isn't suited for this story but if Kayden had decided to rescue herself instead of falling into despair during her trigger event she could have been a Lunar.

Alec could exalt as part of his decision to run away from home, and could become a girl as part of his plan to avoid his father.

Maybe Lisa if she tries her plan to destroy Coil earlier as a result of butterflies.

Rachel's entire life kind of fits.

That said unless a lot of exaltations are going to be loose on earth bet us having our Lunar mate show up isn't likely as the bond won't force them to exalt anywhere near each other. The bond is more a emotional connection to ground them when they have lots of power but little to do with it. Even if A lunar shows up there is only a third of a percent chance that it would be ours.

That's what Flawless Impenetrable Disguise or Loom-Snarling Deception are for. Face-Drinking Bite just doesn't seem as good IMO.

(Alternate option: Great Mother's Tears.)

We're still like... at the rate we're going, something like a fuckton of posts away from January 3rd and any other Exalted. I'm trying to make the posts lengthier(post word count wise and in quest time taken), but I'm still setting up some stuff, with a couple of plans that good ol' Uncle TED would pat me on the head for. The playability of TDP's circle mates would be kinda like... Mass Effect 2-3. Orders can be given(and they'll be followed, generally), but they have their own priorities and ways to fight. But I would be leaving their growth up to you guys.

-[X] You are done with losing. Losing is now something that happens to other people.
-[X] Say a few words to her before the match starts, though. Make sure she knows you are going to fight hard, but that you value her greatly.

That's what Flawless Impenetrable Disguise or Loom-Snarling Deception are for. Face-Drinking Bite just doesn't seem as good IMO.
It's vastly weaker. Even ignoring that you have to attack someone to copy them, others can just spend willpower to see through it. If a simple mirror of FID is unthematic, then at least let Abyssals steal parts of the faces of the dead or something.

We're still like... at the rate we're going, something like a fuckton of posts away from January 3rd and any other Exalted.
That's... a very interesting date.

The playability of TDP's circle mates would be kinda like... Mass Effect 2-3. Orders can be given(and they'll be followed, generally), but they have their own priorities and ways to fight. But I would be leaving their growth up to you guys.
Sounds good.

To reiterate if you chose the second option just because it specifies that we don't permanently injure Jessica, don't worry. I was trying to give a bit of insight into Theo's thoughts at the moment. He has no intention of hurting Jessica if any option is chosen. This is a 'spar.' TDP knows it Jess knows it, everyone knows it. Hurting her permanently would also not score him any pussy points and he knows it. So, unless otherwise specified in a write-in., Jessica will suffer no lasting injuries.
Chose second option so Theo will focus on figuring out what he can do rather than trying to win to get Father's approval.

We're still like... at the rate we're going, something like a fuckton of posts away from January 3rd and any other Exalted. I'm trying to make the posts lengthier(post word count wise and in quest time taken), but I'm still setting up some stuff, with a couple of plans that good ol' Uncle TED would pat me on the head for. The playability of TDP's circle mates would be kinda like... Mass Effect 2-3. Orders can be given(and they'll be followed, generally), but they have their own priorities and ways to fight. But I would be leaving their growth up to you guys.
An interlude arc or two from another circle mate's POV might be a good idea. Alchemical Solutions showed that it can work, but the narrative timing in that quest was... less than stellar.

Something to keep in mind is that perfectly impenetrable disguise isn't shape shifting but simply being so good at making costumes that no one can tell it is a costume. From Theo's perspective he would just be wearing fake bras and hiding his dick if he had a disguise as a girl. Loom Snarling Deception is a bit more ambiguous but the way it doesn't let you change your appearance score or size suggests it is also just a prefect costume. True shapeshifting* is for Lunar knacks.

*Barring Infernal Shintai charms which are basically "behold this is not my final form" style boss monster transformations.

Something to keep in mind is that perfectly impenetrable disguise isn't shape shifting but simply being so good at making costumes that no one can tell it is a costume. From Theo's perspective he would just be wearing fake bras and hiding his dick if he had a disguise as a girl. Loom Snarling Deception is a bit more ambiguous but the way it doesn't let you change your appearance score or size suggests it is also just a prefect costume. True shapeshifting* is for Lunar knacks.

*Barring Infernal Shintai charms which are basically "behold this is not my final form" style boss monster transformations.
Hence the Plan B, Great Mother's Tears. I doubt a sex-swap would ever cost more than 2 mutation points.

Plan C is Husk-Sculpting Apparatus. Guaranteed to work, but we're even less likely to encounter an Alchemical or visit Autochthonia.

Tanuki press button with fluffy paws!

A wild Lugia appears!
The Lugia uses vote!

At least we know it can't be Lunar Piggot.
Huh.

Piggot did survive an incredibly difficult situation.

She could have earned a canonical Lunar Exaltation, and maybe in the events which we're about to precipitate upon the city, she'll have cause to earn it again while Luna is looking.

- - -

But, there's also Lunar Dianh.

Creep: "Uh, boss? I think we have a prob--" HRUK! Crunch. Munch. Crunch. Munch.

You are substantially underestimating what is needed to make a perfect disguise. If those are fake boobs they're more like a high tech holographic prosthesis than a simple stuffed bra. The pleasure and the pain they bring are all quite real. A curious Bonesaw won't be able to tell that TDP isn't The Dark Princess when she rips her apart in the name of SCIENCE!

The only real distinction between true shapeshifting and a perfect illusion of doing so is that the latter grants no mechanical advantage, even when it looks like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back