1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

What options do Solaroids have for turning spirits into mortals, while maintaining continuity of consciousness?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  2. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Well it was either vampire, banshee, or a zombie.

Yeah you can tell why I said vampire.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  3. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

A bit much for bullshit deductions, but let's be honest: her power has never really been limited to that. I also doubt her shard would tell her some of the details, but it could be acting oddly around TDP. Regardless, that doesn't really matter because she didn't need that extra detail for the initial stage of her plan.

This is especially true for raising attributes. There is some minor potential for abuse,

I doubt we'll be doing any crafting ourselves, but some of this might be useful when we get our crafter/necromancer/whatever.

If we ever end up getting a sorcerer/necromancer, you might look at the 3E

Why? You're simply trading one damnation for another. If you want that, just learn its Abyssal mirror. If you don't, there is nothing that a Primordial can do that a Solar cannot do better.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  4. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Hn. How do we turn this into a good impression while holding standing with dad? Can't be too smooth nice guys give her skives. Sputter abit

Maybe buy up Socialize just to be clear.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  5. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Go straight for the kill and French her.

6. SwiftRosenthal

PPE requires Solar Sorcery, which Abyssals can't get (because they have Void Necromancy instead). There is no mirror.

Primordials - I'm assuming that you're assuming that we would naturally go Devil-Tiger from there, because at that point why not - do have advantages over Solars. They don't die, for one. For two... the way I learned it, the general rule is that Yozi charms are more powerful in their specialties than Solar charms, while the latter are weaker but more widely applicable. That's at least meant to be balanced. Of note are some mechanics that Finagle homebrewed for Solars-turned-Devil-Tiger for his SI and the relevant posts above and below it; the usual disclaimers apply of course.

However, the quest is likely to die long before we reach E5 or Redemption, and there's no way it'll last long enough for both, GttMH, all three Sorcery qualifications, PPE, the long climb to THotDT, and whatever TDP gets into on the Earth Bet side of things. It's a purely academic goal until we achieve one of the first two, so the most important factor is, "Is it narratively interesting?" IMO, it would be.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  7. dasstan

dasstan :)

[X] Call her right now and ask if she has a dress

Because freckles. Also because what better way to take over the E88 than bringing in people with no ties to the existing command structure.

From a more meta perspective, we know what Lisa can do. From what Skitzy said in the spoiler, we know the shard works on TDP. She's incredibly useful.

and she's le cute.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  8. Anasurimbor

That's a backup for when we find out that getting her killed does not, in fact, lead to Abyssal!Lisa. Sorry, The Tongue that Taunts Tirelessly, it was your cruel fate to never be born.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    Skitzyfrenic, Tsotate and SerbobIV like this.
  9. SerbobIV

SerbobIV Not too sore, are you?

[JK] put it in.

[X] Call her right now and ask if she has a dress

Skitzyfrenic and dasstan like this.
  10. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

[jk] Touch vulpine tail.

[X] Call her right now and ask if she has a dress.

Uh.

Maybe we ought to survive all the way through Essence 5 before we pick a specific immortal transcendence.

alethiophile and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  11. Lon

Lon Well worn.

[X] Shoot her a quick email from your smartphone to open a dialogue

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  12. SwiftRosenthal

Um, check the last part of that post? I'm fully aware that no Worm/Exalted quest has ever make it out of E3 and thus all super-long-term planning is entirely theoretical.

AZATHOTHoth and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  13. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

-[X] "So tell me cutey how do you think we can help one another? Beyond the obvious of course. ;)"
    [X] Purchases
    -[X] Spend 4 XP to get Stamina 2
    -[X] Spend 3 Xp to get Sabah Native Language Family. Arabic i think?

Lagnauges need for coverage. Chinese and Japanese if we can't get them as one. English or rather all of Germanics if we can. Sabah's family. Romance Languages if we can do that sort of thing. That's pretty much everyhting where god gives a damn in worm. . And old realm I guess.

Wait just notice. The training time are kinda unpossible for worm. She's too compressed. Months to build stamina when all of canon to alexandria is like three months.

[X]Deflect
    -[X]" Mr. Johan it's ungentlemanly to put a lady on the spot like that. ", you say sweeping in abashed with a subtle look you try to convey' old people what can you do? '

14. SwiftRosenthal

That's Wildbow's fault for being bad at pacing. I don't think Skitzy would willingly make the same mistake.

I also don't think we're actually voting on how to react to the Sabah situation yet. It's just Lisa and XP, and until Skitzy makes a decision on training vs. purchases we should probably focus on stuff that trains immediately: WP, Caste/Favored abilities, Virtues.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  15. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Just so you guys know... Sabah speaks -english- and is from Brockton Bay....

16. Anasurimbor

That's generally a downgrade, so why would you want to? Regardless, an Ambition 2 Solar working should be able to do that. Perfectly restoring a ghost into a mortal does clash against setting conceits though, so expect them to at a minimum be changed by the experience.

Really, you're probably better off fixing the emotional limitations that ghosts have. Maybe jam in the power of a third circle demon while you're at it.

Well, there is an implied hypothetical mirror. Whether it would actually be usable is a separate question, but I tend to think that it would, because the alternative is boring.

Functional immortality is relatively trivial at that point. Abyssals also get it for free. Why change? We don't even have the horrifying default resonance rules.

That might be true at low levels, but not so much at the high end. Solars do have certain thematic limitations, but that's what sorcery is for.

Very true. For now we should just worry about simple things like making friends, playing with swords, cute girls, and patricide.

alethiophile and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  17. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Could have swore she spoke both and had a really tradtional family that was part of her trigger issues?

Skitzyfrenic and Biigoh like this.
  18. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

FTFY! :p We SHALL seduce Lily/Sabah somehow someway and add Alec/Aisha/Sophia to our harem as well :D

AZATHOTHoth, dasstan and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Emma Barnes as well? :3

20. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Why not? Subvert all the women.

21. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Yeah. No. The Dark prince is jealous. There shall be but one dick in this relationship. And that is his. Beside Alec's been way too many places for comfort without Am.y.

22. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

pfft Max Anders is a Nazi, Nazi's hate homosexuals and "race traitors" so having Alec as a member of our harem will piss him off and plus another dick will help us with making our girls feel better during sex like with DP and spitroasting
    Hmmm well having a Divorce Lawyer in our pocket is always useful and Emma's got a great figure so why not? Heck if we fix her issues that means we get to make a Sexual (mental) healing joke :p

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  23. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

There is such a thing as going too far to piss off daddy. Alec is that far.
    Theo is straight as a arrow and doesn't do curved sword.

EternitynChaos likes this.
  24. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Anasurimbor I was pretty sure I'd played up her power. Really just used it as a plot device to get them to meet.

If I do well it should get toned down for other things or take.more time to come to the correct.conclusions. or close to the correct conclusions. She can be wrong and I intend to go through a few charms to piece together how her power will actually function.

25. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Not YET anyways :D

Tsotate and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  26. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Alex's not that pretty or interesting. The prince won't curve for less than a hideyoshi, Alec in a Bimbo , or no not a futa. Not for this prince.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Yes you are just voting on Lisa and XP. You can write in what to say/write to Lisa.

Johann is an old timey fascist a type personality and his opening move was basically perfect. we get pulled into his pace. You are there to get a suit and maybe a few other things. Which also dictates a few things. You have to get that suit, johann and max have to talk. Sabah has to earn her paycheck.

You'll find out why Sabah is there and get some fitting done in the next snip. Plus some stuff about Sabah that will lead into the next vote.

On another note I figured out how to how to use invisible text.

28. skaro

skaro Well worn.

29. dasstan

dasstan :)

I'm behind 1986ctcel 's Hedonism Plan 1000%.

1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  30. SwiftRosenthal

That sounds like it could go entertainingly wrong. Count me in.

Point. The hypothetical mirror would open Neverborn charms though, not Yozi charms, and every aspect of those, from details on each Neverborn to themes to general and specific charm trees, would need to be homebrewed from scratch. Not worth it IMO.

Better reasons:

a) Glory to the Most High forces you to eat tons and tons of Limit if you want to use it for actual long-term training. Ascendancy Mantles have much more passive tradeoffs, Cecelyne's has no drawback on a highly-populated world with religious freedom, and only TED's is truly crippling wait, shit, those are all Native. Never mind.
    b) Devil-Tigers can't get (Yozi) Cosmic Principle, though (Yozi)-Body Unity and Eternal Essence are not blocked and perhaps they could define their own versions of all three and an Ascendancy Mantle anyway? Really not sure about this.

It's actually explicitly discussed in the Infernals splat:
    Considering that a properly-fluffed Devil-Tiger's theme is "Being oneself," that's not a major limitation.

Yes, let's.