1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

Well she would have more success with Jade than Paul given Paul's history of attempted seductions.

2. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

The lack of body hair was a because of bipedal running, our crazy ability to sweat and persistence hunting in africa.

In the african savanna, most mammals spend the mid-day part of the day resting in the shade because it's damn hot and they can only cool down by panting, mud baths or being in the very dangerous water(there are crocs and hippos in there). Humans though have no problems remaining active and running prey down till they collapse from heat stroke because our lack of thick body fur and crazy number of sweat glands keeping us cool while running.

Also, the old "aquatic ape theory" has had quite a lot of holes picked into it and isn't widely seen as very likely.

All evidence points to us being grassland apes, not water apes.

3. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Of course that assumes the things we're told about the rest of 1984's world are true.

Pretty sure a common theory is that Airstrip-One is just Britain as that world's equivalent of North Korea, and the rest of the world is basically normal.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I'm not aware of any evidence for that at all? I mean, if that were the case then the Inner Party's intentional degrading of infrastructure would inevitably result in whoever they're fighting beating them.

5. Greatswordsmith

Greatswordsmith Getting some practice in, huh?

I don't see this working, I mean 'Airstrip 1' in the story is just a province of Oceania, aka the US and a bit, even if you killed all the Heads of INGSOC in England you would have to deal with their compatriots in other continents, and if you truly decapitated all of Oceania, then you'd have to protect Oceania from invasion from Eastasia and Eurasia, which are probably just as bad.

Also what superweapon programs? I don't remember that in the book, are you using something else as extended canon?

I also think this is a poor way of characterizing INGSOC, I mean, they're terrible at things they don't care about, like providing for their citizens, but they are amazing at the things they try to do, like spying on people, and brainwashing. There isn't any reason to think they would be less effective at warfare

Bramble Thorn and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

Hey now, they’ve been to two planets and nothing has exploded yet. Frankly I’m amazed their vacation got out of earth’s orbit.

7. Mr Zoat

They explicitly use the same system of government under different names. That's why I said all Inner Party offices. All three states.
    No, they're in the books. An earthquake weapon that's never going to work and a sort of giant ship whose whole purpose is to consume resources and labour unproductively. I forget the exact names. It was quite a while ago that I read it.
    No, they need the war to exist. Their society depends upon it. If they actually wanted to win they'd do a lot of things very differently. They don't win because all three participants double think that they both must win at all costs and must never win.

8. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

If there actually was a War going on, given how much control the Inner party had over what people knew and understood about pretty much everything including what people remembered about their past? Airstrip 1 could very well have been a bit like North Korea and to small as well as poor for the rest of the world with the ongoing war being made up to help make people accept the methods used by the Inner Party to maintain total control over society. After all, so much else Winston Smith "knew" or found out turned out to be a lie.

9. Mr Zoat

Yes, and it could have been set in the Matrix. The issue is that there's no actual evidence for it.

Their infrastructure has decayed to the point that razorblades are a luxury item. They're still fighting someone, and they're still getting tea from somewhere. North Korea works because it isn't at war, has nuclear weapons and is backed by China.

10. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Seems like 'where' is probably not what you meant. Who? When? IDK.

11. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

subordinates' lives

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  12. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

First: I flat out said it was another theory, not that I believed it or anyone else should. In my Anthoplology class in college, we went over about 15 theories that had published papers out. Not all are as likely, but each one had a few bits of "oh... that makes sense."

You can't tell me things are because, when each of your answers doesn't prove you right, but only gives a second interpretation of the why. You can say it's more likely, but don't come at this like it's 100% fact. Lots of our archaeological anthropology has gaps and even the most widely accepted savannah/tree ape theory is only about 65% accepted worldwide in the scientific community (with several variations on it)..

I never tried telling people the aquatic/swamp ape theory was correct, only that we have more than one theory and some of them have plausible sounding bits. Don't read a fanfic and go wow, that's humanities origin. Read the fanfic and then go look it up properly if it interested you(preferably from two or more independent scientific sources) instead of only about 500 words on the topic given in a character's perspective.

13. Threadmarks: Workhorse (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

7th October 2012
    06:43 GMT -7

Who's A Silly Pony?
    I open my eyes. Something's… Off.

"Con-founded-!"

Y.. ess…

I pull off my duvet and carefully get out of bed. I'm far too heavy and too strong to throw my weight around, even on a bed built for someone my size plus guest. To say nothing of the risk to anyone who was here with me. Bethany is quite a bit tougher than a baseline human but if she had a nightmare and in the morning fug I rolled the wrong way…

"…monkey pastern..!"

Hm. No real need to armour up just yet. I can stay in my pyjamas until it's time to take the children to school. I amble over to my bedroom door and push it open, taking a moment to connect my metaphysique with the arcane systems of Challenger Mountain-.

A woman-. Luna, glares at me from the floor at the end of the corridor. Skin a shade lighter than my usual illusory false-face combined with vibrant blue hair… Not sure why Starswirl's Mirror didn't allow her to keep her usual starry mane, but who am I to argue with a dead stallion? The Mirror also seems to have interpreted her peytral as an evening dress and jewellery rather than.. armour-.

"Dost thou not intend to lift Us to Our feet?!"

She's lying on her front, trying to push herself up a little with her thumbs-. Ah, yes, I see what she's doing wrong. Her hair is far longer than her mane was, and since she hasn't tied it up at all it's splayed all over the floor. She doesn't look physically injured, though her pride is clearly a little bruised.

"But of course, my love."

I stride down the corridor, crouching next to her as she inexpertly flails at me with her hands in an attempt to get a grip.

"Monkey infants can perform.. basic.. grasping..!"

"Monkey infants weren't born a midget horse. Can you rest them by your sides?"

She grimaces, bending her elbows so that her arms fold up at her sides with her hands by her shoulders. Her head turns to face the floor and her hair completely enshrouds her head.

"Lifting you in two, one…"

My hands go under her arms and lift as I stand, her body trailing limply beneath them. Luna raises her head slightly and tries impotently to blow her hair out of her face.

"How dost the females of thine species function?"

"They have these things called 'scissors'..? I have no idea why the Mirror made your hair this long."

She takes a breath.

"Lower Us. We shall attempt to remain balanced 'pon Our hind hooves."

"Iiiii'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Thou'st managed when first thou visited Our realm."

"Ponies have four legs. They're more stable. If you get one wrong the other three will usually keep you upright."

Hm.

I set her down for a moment and shift my hands even as she instinctively tries to stand on the tips of her toes. Right hand in the middle of her back, left forearm against the backs of her thighs and lift as she starts to overbalance. Luna blinks as she suddenly finds herself in a bridal carry, and I take a moment to realise how much smaller she seems like this.

She looks up at me, and has another go at blowing her hair out of her face. Between her exhalation and whipping her head to the side she mostly managed it.

"Good morning, Luna. Doing something different with your mane?"

She tries to snort, but the human nose isn't really designed for that.

"We wert intending-!"

I lift her a little higher up and kiss her gently on the lips. The act seems to calm her slightly.

"Yes. Like that. We intended to infiltrate your sleeping quarters and present Ourself. But this is impossible!"

She looks adorably cross about the whole situation.

"You made it most of the way."

"We were supposed to be here-! We spend hours crawling upon your floor, flailing in a vain attempt at locomotion."

"I certainly appreciate the effort."

Ah… I think it would be best to deposit her on a seat at the breakfast table. She should be able to keep herself upright without.. help…

"You're not missing moonset, are you?"

"Our sister has volunteered to take the strain. We are.. frustrated that we have squandered her favour so."

"No, no, this can be a bonding activity." I start carrying her in the direction of the dining room. "But did you not bump into a genomorph at some point? They could easily have loaded Sunset's knowledge of bipedal locomotion into your brain."

"After what happened last time, We thought it best to avoid such techniques. We may have need to it for the good of Our realm, and so would hate to discombobulate Our mind mastering something frivolous. And…"

She glances away awkwardly.

"We remember that you were at least somewhat ambulatory during our first meeting."

"Yeah, I'm just amazing. How are you coping with not being able to levitate things?"

"Not being able to walk is of greater concern to Us." … "Though We will admit that being carried in this fashion is not a wholly unpleasant experience. There is no true equivalent amongst ponykind."

"Daddy, who is that?"

Sarah stares up at us from her seat at the breakfast table, vacuum pack of blood grasped in her hands. As haemovores, they do need to ingest blood. The problem is making sure that they aren't driven into a frenzy whenever they start to feel hungry.

"This is Luna."

She frowns, taking another suck.

"No it's not. Luna's a horsie."

I crane my neck in her direction and pointedly raise my eyebrows. "Luna's a what?"

She thinks for a moment. "Ponie?"

I smile. "That's right. But this time she came through the-" I slide a chair out with my right foot. "-Mirror, rather than a Boom Tube. You know how I transform when I do that?"

She smiles, nodding. "Daddy turns into a horsi-."

"Aah."

"Horse."

I nod. "And when a pony like Sunset comes through from the other side?"

"They turn human?"

"Which is why-" I gently deposit Luna in a chair before heading towards the kitchen. "-she's having a little trouble moving around. Luna? Feel like testing out those omnivore taste buds with some bacon?"

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, I think that's correct.

15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Someone might want to point out to Zoat that Pony's in My Little Pony are already Omnivores, hence the whole eating "Eggs" thing that is directly shown and stated on screen...

16. Cuchulin

Bacon? So they are going to be chewing on Sunset's mane? J/K!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    LawWilk, Istaran, Ardy and 10 others like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'but if she'

Gotta use the right words with your grey pops.

I think the correct word is Ponie.

18. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

And even then, real life horses have been known to eat meat when it’s available.

19. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Hora, hora.

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

21. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Maud eats rocks and apparently nobody finds this strange.

Or maybe they don't find it any stranger than anything else Maud does.

Hard to tell with Maud.

22. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Could be an Earth Pony thing.

23. Cuchulin

Considering what her sister is like Maud Pie is basically normal.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Or a Pie thing.

No, she's just weird in a completely opposite way.

25. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Corrupting her already, I see. Why not give her Turkish Delight?

Cuchulin, Ardy, Doccer and 4 others like this.
  26. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

Don’t forget about their family. They all eat rocks, which is technically possible, and they all have some form of ‘Pinkie’ sense, with the exception of one parent.

Otto von Saurion, Cuchulin and Doccer like this.
  27. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Hmm. Does the Renegade have a visitor? I suppose fair's fair, since he's visited his lady far more often than she has him. Though it seems she's having as much trouble with bipedal locomotion as Sunset did...

I'm guessing that he generally lets his lady-friends take the lead, then. :oops: Otherwise, the fun times might well be apocalyptic for the furniture... And possibly the lady. :eek: Man of granite, woman of marshmellow?

On the up side, you'll get to hear how widely-travelled Luna's vocabulary is. Though I doubt even she could equal Captain Haddock...

...I don't know, there's all manner of fun times the two of you could have in this position.

Dear god, his daughters are going to love playing around with all that hair... It'll be like a giant, life-size styling toy.

Yes, but you don't have the benefit of a monkey's instincts. If you were anything like Sunset, you tried to walk on fingertips and tip-toes at first, didn't you? :p

In other words, she's adopted the laying posture of a young pony... Adorable.

Gonna take more than that little puff to move that much hair. Seriously, that must be amazingly heavy. Long hair weighs a ton, even dry.

And now I wonder what a haircut that severe on this side would translate into on the other... Something akin to Dash's shorter styles? Or Maud Pie's bob...

For about as long as it takes for gravity to take hold. And she's a harsh mistress.

He had the benefit of a flight aura, so that he could keep his body at the right height.

And I doubt she's willing to resort to crutches as a.. crutch. :confused: Er... You know what I mean!

At least she's not as.. pnuematic.. as some depictions of her as a human or anthropomorphic pony. Those would make it even harder to adjust.

So, a cute 'harrumph'. Adorable.

Probably taking note of the subtle differences between Pony lips and Human. I suspect there's a few.

Heh. cute even when she's angry, eh? Sure love isn't making you a little blind, Grayven? :p

...How long did Sunset take to get the hang of walking, again?

...The kids are going to squee into the ultra-sonic range, aren't they?

Given she's done it for centuries until recently, I doubt it's much of an imposition for her. And she's probably more than happy to let Luna have a morning off.

And if the Genomorphs could sense her irritation, they probably decided it best to merely keep watch...

Again, flight aura. Amazing how easy it is to learn to move when you're not fighting gravity.

I doubt Unicorn telekinesis is so... Intimate.

Heh, bit of a midnight snack, then? Or getting an early start on breakfast ahead of the others. Some kids are just early risers, after all.

Thankfully, Luna can't smell the blood, with her inferior - if cute - human nose.

I mean... How old is she, to still be using a bit of baby talk? x3

Hmm... Have the kids been through yet, besides Ace? Because I'm picturing a colourful little brood of bat-ponies.

Close enough.

Got it in one, kiddo. Admittedly, a very pretty human.

One bite in: "How can a chunk of dead pig taste sooo good?" ...And yes, I know Ponies do eat more than grains and flowers and apples... But I suspect meat would not be a common taste they'd encounter.

Well, we finally get Luna as a human, and it's as cute an experience as I had hoped for. Sure, a little embarrassing for her, but once the kids get their hands on her (especially her hair) she'll probably find it worth it. Though she may want to take up that offer of Genomorph assistance in mastering mobility. Otherwise, it might get more embarrassing to have to ride Grayven around.

... and in the morning fugue I rolled the wrong way...
    ... as an evening dress and jewellery rather than..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We already had an example like this happen with renegade, albeit offscreen.

Apparently during his ogre sex cult days one of the women tried something...inadvisable and got injured.

29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Aah? 'Real-life horsie.'

Doccer likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

No, that's correct. Or at least it's what Grayven meant. He may be using it incorrectly.
    Thank you, corrected.