1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Heaven Canceler

1. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    You would think a modern person who isn't a sociopath moron wouldn't be able to get over slaughtering people en mass with a few sentences of inner monologue pep talk. But hey, fuck inner conflict, mass murder ho! Nevermind that the bandits likely had no other way to get ressources and food or the fact that most people don't become criminals because they feel like it.
    Sep 23, 2017
    AngelicKnight. likes this.
  2. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    If you threw all these Isekai protagonists into a room, they probably would kill each other thinking that the others are "evil" while showering themselves in their own moral superiority.
    Sep 23, 2017
  3. beast_regards
    beast_regards
    Panicking is boring so authors gloss it over. At least I was told so
    Sep 23, 2017
  4. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    I do not understand this. I mean yeah, it can be boring if done badly, but everything is boring if done badly. I am bored with the fucking action scenes in most of these stories. I am bored with their fucking RPG mechanics and OP protagonists with cheat abilities. I am bored of waifus, I am fucking bored of fanservice! How the fuck do these guys manage to make me bored of tits and ass?
    Sep 23, 2017
  5. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    At this point I only read the first chapter of these things on the off chance that maybe another Konosuba or something pops up.
    Sep 23, 2017
  6. beast_regards
    beast_regards
    All Light Novels are made with virtually the same impulse as most fan-fiction, and only with marginally better quality (which is enforced due to official publishing process, but nothing more). Almost all copy-paste same concept, only with a different tone and visual re-skin (in case of anime and manga adaptations).
    Sep 23, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and MadKeyboard like this.
  7. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    Yeah, that particular series has the strange power of making me bored of the waifus...

Isekai Yakkyoku's manga is okay so far, but I read somewhere that it'll get repetitive later. Honestly, we're already scratching at the bottom of the barrel here.
    Sep 23, 2017
  8. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    It's like if all these teenage girls who saw Twilight and loved it decided to make their own stories inspired by it. And people eat it up like it was high class a pack of swiss chocolate truffles.
    Sep 23, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and beast_regards like this.
  9. beast_regards
    beast_regards
    LN authors usually don't think it through and are basically making this up as they go. More often than not they don't have slightest idea what they are writing about, they just put in things they think would be cool.
    Original manga is even worse. Artist (person who draws the pictures) is also the writer, and don't think about it too much from other than visual perspective
    Sep 23, 2017
  10. daimahou
    daimahou
    Then you have Kamachi Kazuma (To aru series) aka the writing machine.
    Sep 23, 2017
  11. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    Yeah, Kamachi somehow manages to have a million plot threads going on and not turn it into too much chaos. For another Light Novel story that actually felt good, I remember the Monogatari series being pretty great. Though generally non-power fantasies feel less trashy on average ala Spice & Wolf and intrigue stories. The ones where the MC has to work and suffer.
    Sep 23, 2017
  12. beast_regards
    beast_regards
    Spice & Wolf wasn't that good, IMHO. It was intelligent, that's without a doubt, but it was more of the history and economy lesson than anything else. It deserves all the praise for being intelligent, and it is probably one of the best ones made, but it wasn't entertaining.
    Sep 23, 2017
  13. Heaven Canceler
    Heaven Canceler
    I guess it depends on the definitions people us. I have heard people call Tolkiens Silmarillion not good as a work of entertainment because it was too dry and it was written like a semi-historical record.

Meanwhile the Silmarillion was really entertaining to me to the point where I wish there was more of it. I have absolutely no clue why anyone had trouble reading it.
    Sep 23, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and beast_regards like this.
  14. beast_regards
    beast_regards
    True. It depends on person. Many liked Spice & Wolf for the fact it was intelligent. I personally wondering if I found ideal show. Hm...I will give it a thought
    Sep 23, 2017