1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Plotvitalnpc

1. View previous comments
  2. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    I mean, the ambulance is still preferable due to the medical professionals and medical equipment it comes with, but I suppose that's also a possibility.

Ambulance is a smoother ride, too. Quite by design.
    Nov 13, 2017
  3. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Unfortunately, my brother is being buoyed by some fucking literature that says you should only treat visibly catastrophic concussions as immediate cause to call an ambulance, and that standard procedure should be to just see your doctor.
    Nov 13, 2017
    AngelicKnight. likes this.
  4. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Literature which /doesn't/ advise the assumption of neck damage, or treating a concussion in itself as cause for immediate alarm.
    Nov 13, 2017
  5. pepperjack
  6. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Given that "concussion" is basically "your brain bounced around inside your skull and now it's bruising," I'd personally consider that some fucking cause for immediate alarm, but hey, what do I know.
    Nov 13, 2017
  7. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Yeah, kinda pissed at him right now.
    Nov 13, 2017
  8. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    I don't mean to be alarmist, and I get that I can't really know your situation since I'm way over here on the other side of the internet. You could wait until the morning, and see the doctor, and it could be totally fine.

It just makes me hella nervous to know that you'd be dealing with a fresh concussion all alone for hours.
    Nov 13, 2017
  9. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    I would stay up with you myself, but since I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between you falling unconscious and you getting up to grab a glass of water, I don't know how much help that would be.
    Nov 13, 2017
  10. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    It seems my brother is planning for the probability of missing classes tomorrow due to this, so he may very well be available to keep watch.
    Nov 13, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and pepperjack like this.
  11. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    That would be an immense relief.
    Nov 13, 2017
  12. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    In particular, I'm looking at this list:

"Keep an eye out for the following symptoms, which could merit an immediate trip to the emergency room:

Repeated vomiting
    A headache that gets worse
    Dizziness
    Seizure
    Abnormally severe drowsiness
    Double vision
    Slurred speech
    Lack of coordination
    Numbness or weakness in arms and legs"
    Nov 13, 2017
  13. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    At the point that you notice any of those, I'd recommend just picking up the phone and calling the ambulance yourself if need be.
    Nov 13, 2017
  14. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    ...of course, there comes a certain time of night where your drowsiness would have to be pretty dang severe for it to be "abnormal," but most of those other symptoms are less ambiguous.
    Nov 13, 2017
  15. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Most of those would keep me from moving over to the phone. Speaking into it is less of a problem, since they can pick up your location from the phone call itself.
    Nov 13, 2017
  16. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Yeah, that's a big part of why you want someone there with you.
    Nov 13, 2017
  17. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    If for whatever reason that turns out not to be in the cards, maybe you could grab the phone in advance and just keep it by you? Or, if all you've got is a corded phone, sit beside it.
    Nov 13, 2017
  18. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    My biggest reason to want the fuckin' medwagon coming now-wise is that, whether it's just a function of how this posture I'm maintaining is effecting my airway or not, my throat feels somewhat tight
    Nov 13, 2017
  19. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Tight, as in you're having trouble breathing?
    Nov 13, 2017
    Valette-Serafina likes this.
  20. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Not trouble breathing, but discomfort in my throat whether I'm breathing or not.
    Nov 13, 2017
  21. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    I'm concerned one could lead into the other though.
    Nov 13, 2017
  22. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    That sounds to me, in my extremely unprofessional non-medically-trained opinion, like it's more likely to be due to your posture and/or general stress than a direct symptom of the concussion.
    Nov 13, 2017
  23. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    If you do experience any shortness of breath, though, that is on the list for immediately-see-a-doctor.
    Nov 13, 2017
  24. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    If only Speckled Burd were online, I could appeal to the fact that they're rather more educated on the topic than most to use them as an authority for the 'get the to a medicus' side.
    Nov 13, 2017
  25. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    On that note, if you've already gotten up and moved around since the injury, that suggests to me (as one of those NOT-a-doctor people) that you probably don't have to be as vigilant about maintaining immobility of the head as the instructions for a first-responder arriving on the scene of a head injury would indicate.
    Nov 13, 2017
  26. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    I'd try to find a comfortable posture where your head can be both at rest and immobile, without moving it *too* too much in the process.
    Nov 13, 2017
  27. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Still going to try and minimize it. Always the chance that there's damage I just haven't aggravated /yet/.
    Nov 13, 2017
  28. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Well, now I've got a pillow between my head and back and the chair. I'll see if this helps.
    Nov 13, 2017
  29. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Yes. Yes, there is that possibility.
    Nov 13, 2017
  30. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    ...Well. I am now quite concerned.

Please do take all measures to ensure your safety, Plot.
    Nov 13, 2017
  31. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Taking all measures I'm able to solicit.
    Nov 13, 2017
  32. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    I should like to beat your brother with a sword. This feeling is quite strong at the moment.
    Nov 13, 2017
  33. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    He's a bit dumb about such things, but ultimately he's acting on what he's been lead to believe is safe practice, and is at least doing the job of keeping tabs on me well enough.
    Nov 13, 2017
    pepperjack likes this.
  34. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    *looks up pictures of cats doin' the catloaf*
    Well, that just looks silly and cute. Then again, so does headcatting, in my mind's eye.
    Nov 13, 2017
  35. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    Silly and cute often go together.
    Nov 13, 2017
  36. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Makes sense, since a good part of our idea of cute probably comes from evolutionary recognition of children, who can be rather silly when they aren't being hellions.
    Nov 13, 2017
  37. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    I see you Liking me :P
    Welcome back, sempai.
    Nov 13, 2017
  38. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    Sleep is a cruel tyrant. Alas, I cannot escape its grasp.
    Nov 13, 2017
  39. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Well, you're still typing coherently at 8 AM (EST), which I take to mean still lucid, which is obviously good. I hope things continue to turn out well for you (given the circumstances) and that I prove to look extremely silly in hindsight.
    Nov 13, 2017
  40. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Honestly, at this point I'm more concerned with my skeletal health than the possibility that there may be a legit concussion. I didn't experience any of the actual symptoms of a concussion more than an hour after the initial fall, aside from some amount of headache. Still, gonna call my doctor and see if I can go into them rather than urgent care.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Valette-Serafina and pepperjack like this.
  41. Speckled Burd
    Speckled Burd
    :/ It'd be for the best to at least go to a walk in clinic to get checked out at least.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Plotvitalnpc and AngelicKnight. like this.
  42. AngelicKnight.
    AngelicKnight.
    *Offers hugs for the very vital and possibly concussed kitty*

*is concerned*
    Nov 13, 2017
  43. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    I've got a doctor's appointment over this tomorrow. It's not really as immediate as some would call for, but it's what works out.
    Nov 13, 2017
  44. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    Also, *Headcats all the well wishers*
    Nov 13, 2017
  45. AngelicKnight.
    AngelicKnight.
    Yay!
    *Pets my new hat*

Careful of the horns.
    Nov 13, 2017
  46. Dr Totentanz
    Dr Totentanz
    Nya, I hope you’ll be ok! QQ needs your headcats and Nekos!

In all seriousness though I hope it’s nothing terrible, concussions are just awful.
    *huggles the adorable headcatter*
    Nov 13, 2017
  47. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    If it were something terrible, that fact would've been visible enough that I'd be in a medical facility of some sort /now/ instead of tomorrow, when my normal doctor is available.
    Nov 13, 2017
  48. AngelicKnight.
    AngelicKnight.
    I see. If you're sure...

*Pets the kitty and offers milk/cream*
    Nov 13, 2017
    Dr Totentanz and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  49. Dr Totentanz
    Dr Totentanz
    *opens tins of yummy fishies as an offering!*
    Nov 13, 2017
  50. Plotvitalnpc
    Plotvitalnpc
    I mean, there's no way to really be one hundred percent sure, but severe concussions that demand immediate attention usually have severe symptoms that demand immediate attention.

*is not particularly thirsty right now, but accepts the milk*
    Nov 13, 2017
  51. AngelicKnight.
    AngelicKnight.
    *Pets the kitty gently then hugs you*
    Nov 13, 2017
    Dr Totentanz and Plotvitalnpc like this.