1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by AsTheGlassMelts

1. CptTagon
    CptTagon
    That's probably why there aren't any. Too hard to make entertaining to read about.
    Oct 27, 2019
    AsTheGlassMelts likes this.
  2. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    They had unstoppables like the Triumvirate though. Anyone who dealt with Eidolon could have dealt with a Master, since he is one, so not having any heroes like that was weird. Going the Doylist way now that you point it out I see lots of reasons though, you're right; Boring confrontations, and then also they needed to make Masters seem evil and having a heroic one would have made that hard.
    Oct 27, 2019
  3. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    When you say mind control, what kind of mind control are you thinking of? Because Worm does have mind-controlling heroes, for a given value of hero.
    Oct 27, 2019
  4. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    I think you're asking the wrong question, a better one would be what kind of hero. Mind control could have been anything from Khepri to Heartbreaker to Regent. Gallant doesn't count, nor does Glory Girl, because they can't just make someone do something. Pretender doesn't count as it's him taking the actions while possessing them. Canary works. For 'Hero' however, 'in the Protectorate' is what I meant.
    Oct 27, 2019
  5. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    That's contradictory. If Regent or Khepri count, then Pretender counts. If Heartbreaker counts, then Gallant and Glory Girl count.
    Oct 27, 2019
  6. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    Except Gallant and Glory Girl can't utterly remake you into their loving slave in their very first encounter; GG took years to make Panacea, and her other family members and school mates never got that bad, Gallant just hasn't done any of that in general. Pretender has to be in your body doing stuff while you do it, rather than just looking at you and making your body move around. I don't find it contradictory.
    Oct 27, 2019
  7. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    I feel like you're thinking I mean 'emotional control' when I say Heartbreaker, and 'body control' when I say Khepri and Regent. But I'm not, I'm saying 'making someone else do whatever you want without you being required to really do anything.' Martian Manhunter style 'glare at bankrobber and make them stop robbing the bank.'
    Oct 27, 2019
  8. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    Then, no, there are no heroes with that power in any branch of superhero fiction. That's a villain's action.
    Oct 27, 2019
  9. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    Except that Martian Manhunter and Zatanna and other heroes do this. My off the head examples are mostly Marvel and DC, but those are most off the head heroes anyways, but that one guy in My Hero Academia is a Hero in Training and has it. It's reeeeally not a villain's power unless they use it in villainous ways. Like basically every power.
    Oct 27, 2019
  10. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    No, you specifically ruled out the methods of all three of your examples. What they do isn't mind control as you define it.
    Oct 28, 2019
  11. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    I think you just reeeally aren't understanding what I'm saying. Manhunter can look at a guy, or a group of guys, and say 'hey, stop robbing this bank.' So can Emma Frost. So can Zatanna, though she probably would say it backwards. Then they HAVE to do so. That's mind control how I define it. So is Hitoshi Shinso's 'respond to me, THEN stop.'
    Oct 28, 2019
  12. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    Anyone that can control the actions of someone else well enough to stop them entirely from doing something they were doing, or to force them to do something they don't want to do, etc. That's ALL mind control to me, usually, depending on how it's done. Contessa manipulation wouldn't be, despite proably being capable of it, because it's just manipulation. Threats are just threats, etc. Mind control is mind control.
    Oct 28, 2019
  13. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    Ah, rereading, it looks like you maybe got caught up on my description of the difference between Gallant/Glory Girl and Heartbreaker? But that wasn't meant to be 'mind control is turning them into your love slave' so much as an example of how HB COULD do what I meant, which is just 'act instantly on someon you just met instead of GG's years of aura infection'.
    Oct 28, 2019
  14. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    You specifically ruled out controlling someone's actions without also completely dominating their mind, and then as an example you picked a guy who controls actions without dominating minds. Your definition is inconsistent.
    Oct 28, 2019
  15. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    No, I did not, at all. One of my initial examples, Regent, keeps their mind intact entirely and just controls their actions. I ruled out being the one who moves. My definition has not changed from the very start, and has never required actually altering someone's mind, but has always been inclusive of it. My definition has been, always, 'first contact control of the actions of another.'
    Oct 28, 2019
  16. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    The method of that control doesn't matter unless it's not related to a personal power utilized directly upon them. Something that's used indirectly, such as the Path to Victory, to convince them to stop won't count. Something that doesn't work 100% of the time on a normie the very first time they meet, such as Glory Girl's aura, won't count.
    Oct 28, 2019
  17. AsTheGlassMelts
    AsTheGlassMelts
    Something that requires the person themselves to do the moving, such as Pretender, is no different to me than Alexandria grabbing them by the hands and forcing them to move. If you're moving, maybe it's mind control, but it's not the kind of mind control I'm talking about.
    Oct 28, 2019