1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by d.fish

1. d.fish
    d.fish
    Apparently their company culture has become worse and worse since 2008. Less open to criticism, less willing to sympathize players, less focus on good game, less value for player's emotions and time. Really sad...
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  2. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    I mean, at the end of the day most people have migrated away from the MMO genre altogether. I don't have much hope for WoW to ever reverse course because at this point the people at the top are smart enough to realize they're just cannibalizing a sinking ship until it finishes going under. The market-share for MMOs is going the same way as like, RTS games lol, and perhaps that's for the best.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Voidmaster and d.fish like this.
  3. d.fish
    d.fish
    I kind of feel like Blizzard in general has lost the rose-tinted glamour that it used to have that gave it a lot of leeway. Like, if a Warcraft 4 came out, a World of Starcraft (honestly, that's such a no brainer considering how many people called for a WH40K MMO), or whatever... there wouldn't really be much old fans coming back if at all.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  4. d.fish
    d.fish
    I mean, you might say that the MMO genre is shrinking, but if you look at it with an objective gaze, a lot of that playerbase has moved into the mobile MMO side of things. Like, after you get rid of the ickiness of mobile, and the PC/console smugness, adding those players into the whole, the genre hasn't really shrunk.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  5. d.fish
    d.fish
    The MMO that we remember is "a new social, gaming experience" of that era. Those same features are in most mobile games of today, but they are not "new" or as "social" or similar types of "gaming experience". But they're there, I guess?

All's I'm saying is, I'm getting really sick of Blizzard's shit. Not Activision, just Blizzard.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  6. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    What is an example of a mobile MMO? Because I don't know of a single mobile game I would actually describe as an MMO. Maybe my definition of MMO is too narrow thanks to WoW, but tbh even if some mobile games have some of the features one can find in an MMO, that doesn't necessarily make them MMOs in my eyes. Like, Fortnite has a friend's list and achievements, but it's not an MMO.
    Jul 5, 2021
    d.fish likes this.
  7. d.fish
    d.fish
    There's enough to populate entire lists. Some you might know; Lineage, Ragnarok, Maplestory, OSRS, Albion, etc. Some you don't. Some that aren't in English, because that's the most profitable path.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  8. d.fish
    d.fish
    The world of MMO, and the world of the gaming industry in general, is much larger than most people know or understand.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Cambrian likes this.
  9. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    Oh I didn't know those had become mobile games. I recognize almost all of them as PC games originally, heh.
    Jul 5, 2021
    d.fish likes this.
  10. d.fish
    d.fish
    There's some of them that have made billions, and don't even have an English version...
    Jul 5, 2021
  11. d.fish
    d.fish
    I'm just mad Blizzard still has its collective heads up it's ass.
    Jul 5, 2021
  12. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    They're making bank off their own regurgitated shit, of course they're gonna have their heads up their asses. At the end of the day, that's the state of gaming as a whole at this point. All about squeezing the sponge until it's completely dry.

Funnily enough, it feels like the new MMOs and new genres have more room to get away with premium and fremium bullshit.
    Jul 5, 2021
  13. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    But because WoW is such an old game with such an old audience, we call it out when we see them trying to adapt and evolve to the changing times by doing the same things the newer MMOs are doing.

As someone who can't stand practically any of the MMOs out there anymore, it definitely feels like the genre has completely alienated their original playerbase.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Happerry likes this.
  14. d.fish
    d.fish
    Lore dead.
    Jul 5, 2021
    Happerry likes this.