1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
Roarky
Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:17 AM
Birthday:
Jun 11, 1989 (Age: 34)

Roarky

Less likely to be a father than my little sister, Male, 34, from In a Cave in Washington the State

Just got home from watching Into the Spiderverse. Crackpot theory: Peni Parker is from the Big Hero 6 universe. :-P Jan 23, 2019

Roarky was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:17 AM
    1. deinspanjer
      deinspanjer
      Argh! Just finished reading Orphan Son and I'm hating that it is on hiatus. Excellent writing and initial character development. Would love to read more. If I give you a computer, would you do so? :)
      1. Venyr4434 likes this.
    2. Prognostic Hannya
      Prognostic Hannya
      W.R.T. "Master of Your Own Destiny" I know Janet is completely devoted to both us and our mom, and has admitted being attracted to both of us, so… I mean, I can't be the only one that thinks we should share Janet with her, right? No incest, we don't seem the type, but I feel like we'd be cool with sharing a girlfriend.
    3. inverted_helix
      inverted_helix
      Are you out To Sea Once More?
      1. Roarky likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Just super busy. I hope to get some writing in later today, since it's a holiday.
        May 27, 2019
        inverted_helix likes this.
    4. Minion #Q
      Minion #Q
      Just reread master of own destiny, sad it paused where it did.
      1. Robotninja likes this.
    5. Roarky
      Roarky
      Just got home from watching Into the Spiderverse. Crackpot theory: Peni Parker is from the Big Hero 6 universe. :-P
      1. nixter, daimahou and Valette-Serafina like this.
    6. Aravae
      Aravae
      Hoping for An Orphaned Son to get picked back up again
      1. Roarky
        Roarky
        It's on my list for as soon as I have a computer again.
        Jan 14, 2019
    7. Roarky
      Roarky
      So, my computer is down again. Posting from a tablet, and writing stuff on so I can quickly transfer it to the site the issue is fixed.
      1. Roarky
        Roarky
        Have a completed omake I will copy and paste for NNT, but it's the first in a series, so the rest of the parts will have to wait until I have a computer again.
        Dec 24, 2018
    8. Roarky
      Roarky
      Sorry to everyone waiting for the next part of my Dungeon Lord quest. Nearly finished. when I was half done, I had to leave for a meeting.
      1. Robotninja likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        While on the way to said meeting, I crashed and totalled my car. I am fine, but when I got home, the soreness started sinking in. I nearly finished before I got too sore to keep writing, but not quite. Sorry again for the delay.
        Oct 28, 2018
      3. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        Dude. You were in a car crash. Unless it was your fault, you've got nothing to apologize for.
        Oct 28, 2018
      4. Roarky
        Roarky
        Ah, but I was the at-fault party. I failed to properly gauge the effects of the rain on the road, so couldn't stop in time. I hit the car in front of me hard enough to drive it into the vehicle in front of it.
        Oct 28, 2018
    9. FreeJSJJ
      FreeJSJJ
      Really enjoyed your fic “The Master of Your Own Destiny”. Hope that there will be more to indulge in.......
      1. Armok, nixter and Ddmkm122 like this.
    10. Roarky
      Roarky
      So, I definitely feel like writing today, now I just need to figure out what quest/story I feel like writing. Maybe back to Moral Decay?
      1. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        Does writing cute pirates not do anything for you anymore?
        May 11, 2018
        Valette-Serafina, Ddmkm122 and Roarky like this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Oh, I still enjoy it and plan to return to it eventually, but I have a few things to take care of, one of which is getting caught up on the source material, for character ideas, abilities, and lore.
        May 11, 2018
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Piracy!
        May 31, 2018
        Ddmkm122 and Plotvitalnpc like this.
    11. nixter
      nixter
      Sorry for the trouble but, I was wondering if you are still intending to update “The Master ofYour Own Destiny”?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        I am not declaring it dead, I just have been blocked on the next bit. Hopefully I'll be past that soon, but no guarantees.
        Apr 19, 2018
        Valette-Serafina, Ddmkm122 and nixter like this.
      3. nixter
        nixter
        Thanks for the quick reply. Writers block happens to everyone hope things go well.
        Apr 19, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    12. nixter
      nixter
      Could you threadmark the last post in your DC quest.
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Sorry, I never realized I hadn't. I feel smert.
        Jan 19, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    13. Roarky
      Roarky
      Got a new hard drive for my computer. Might be a bit while I'm updating everything, but I should be updating stuff soon.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        That's currently the hardest to update, because I've lost all my notes on what I had planned a couple times. I still intend to continue, but it's taking me time to remember and recreate some of my background event notes. Sorry about the continued delays on that quest.
        Dec 24, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Losing notes multiple times? You should save them on google docs or something so you can't lose them.
        Dec 24, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and Roarky like this.
      4. Roarky
        Roarky
        I totally should. But we'll see if I learn from my past experiences.
        Dec 24, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    14. Roarky
      Roarky
      So my computer, which I could finagle into working, has now completely died. Will return to writing when I can finally get it fixed.
      1. Ddmkm122 and Valette-Serafina like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        is indeed the worst of examples.
        Nov 4, 2017
        Ddmkm122, Roarky and Plotvitalnpc like this.
      4. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        *headcats the sempai*
        Nov 4, 2017
        Ddmkm122, Roarky and Valette-Serafina like this.
      5. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        provides the NPC's ear scritches.
        Nov 4, 2017
        Ddmkm122, Roarky and Plotvitalnpc like this.
    15. Roarky
      Roarky
      Sorry about the lack of updates. My computer is breaking down to the point that it blue-screens frequently. Makes writing impossible.
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Will try to work around this, or get an update out another way as soon as possible.
        Oct 9, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and Shador like this.
    16. Shador
      Shador
      Has To Sea Once More gone dead or only hiatus?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        It's still being worked on. I just haven't been as focused on it as on other things. Still, even if I let it sit for times, I'm not dropping it.
        Jul 25, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and Shador like this.
    17. Roarky
      Roarky
      Happy Birthday, Midoriya Izuku! Sorry, I'm just getting caught up on Boku no Hero Acadamia, and just saw when his birthday is!
      1. Ddmkm122 and MadKeyboard like this.
    18. Roarky
      Roarky
      Man, I'm not gonna sleep well tonight. I just realized I have four people following me! I'm sure these stalkers are perverts, too! :-p
      1. Ddmkm122 and Shador like this.
      2. daimahou
        daimahou
        Perverts? Here?!

Mon dieu!
        Jul 13, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and yttam50 like this.
    19. Roarky
      Roarky
      Sorry for the delays in my quests and writing in general. I've been dealing with some writer's block, and a shortage of time to write.
      1. Ddmkm122, Shador and kokuenDG like this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Will be dealing with said writer's block the only way I really know how. Will write what I can come up with. In this case, it will mean a new story. Why, Roarky, why?
        Jun 28, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and kokuenDG like this.
      3. kokuenDG
        kokuenDG
        Eh, whatever makes the creative juices flow I suppose. Take your time man.
        Jun 30, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        The horror~ the horror!

I'll have to get around to reading the new story at some point. I still want more of the One Piece one though.
        Jul 1, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    20. Roarky
      Roarky
      I'm back and back to writing. Still have a few things to deal with regarding my cousin, but I'm good to go for the most part again.
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
    21. Roarky
      Roarky
      Sorry to have been away for a bit. Probably will be for a few days more. A cousin of mine just took his own life. Not in a writing headspace
      1. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        My condolences.
        May 24, 2017
        Ddmkm122, Kildar and ZurigaSungama like this.
      2. Kildar
        Kildar
        Sorry to hear that, i hope you and your family can focus on the good memories rather than the bad.
        (if that makes sense)
        May 29, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    22. Roarky
      Roarky
      Really enjoying my DC quest right now. I'm still working on others too, but I think that's gonna be my main focus 'til I lose some steam.
      1. Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
    23. Roarky
      Roarky
      My day of mourning for Thunderbolt is passed. Now for a week of celebrating his life. Will try to update something every day for this week.
    24. Roarky
      Roarky
      Requesting all my threads locked for a day of mourning for Thunderbolt. May he rest in peace.
      1. Ddmkm122, Kildar and 1986ctcel like this.
    25. Roarky
      Roarky
      Why do I do this to myself?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Grosstoad
        Grosstoad
        +lewd whisper+
        Because you like it~
        May 5, 2017
        Ddmkm122, ZurigaSungama and Roarky like this.
      3. Roarky
        Roarky
        May 5, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    26. inverted_helix
      inverted_helix
      Seems you're back on QQ after a while away?

To Sea Once More going to come back?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        It is. I'll admit that my other quest is something I've been dreaming of doing for years, so it might be a bit easier for me to be in the mood to write it, but I'm not abandoning To Sea Once More. I'm hoping to get the next bit out some time this week.
        Mar 29, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    27. Roarky
      Roarky
      Sorry about the delay on my quest. Internet is down right now. Can only use my phone for a bit. Hopefully will be fixed by Sunday.
      1. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Heh just came here to message you in hopes you wouldn't cancel this one like the previous ones. Hopefully you are writing the quest even if you can't post it :)
        Nov 11, 2016
        Ddmkm122 and KinKrow like this.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Any update? Still hoping to see more of your quest.
        Nov 17, 2016
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        More encouragement! Don't give up on yet another iteration.
        Dec 2, 2016
    28. UrsaTempest
      UrsaTempest
      ...this is a bit of weird request, and a tad more inconvenient. But, ah, do you mind marking your old quest, Anti-Institutionalism? I wish to compile it, but the program I used depend on threadmark...
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Done
        Nov 1, 2016
        Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
      3. UrsaTempest
        UrsaTempest
        Thanks!
        Nov 1, 2016
        Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
    29. Plotvitalnpc
      Plotvitalnpc
      Is the interlude for our personal action one of the ones you're still working on?
      Because it doesn't look like you rolled for that.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        Thank you for reminding me. I knew there was something I forgot. Yeah, I did intend to have a separate interlude for it, but I meant to include the note in the post. So I will have the Roll and the Personal section added in a few moments.
        Oct 16, 2016
        Ddmkm122, Plotvitalnpc and 1986ctcel like this.
    30. Sinsystems
      Sinsystems
      So at the risk of sounding pushy might I ask how the next update for Armada Quest is coming along?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. Roarky
        Roarky
        No worries about sounding pushy. I should have time to finish it tomorrow. I'm on vacation from work now, so while I'm still spending time with family for the holidays, I also have plenty of time around that to work with.
        Dec 26, 2015
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 11, 1989 (Age: 34)
    Goldylocks ain't got nuthin on me.

Signature

Story behind my title: Washing dishes, I said something about "One day, when I'm a father..." and my little sister, who was just passing through, said, "Roarky, I have more chance of being a father than you ever will."