1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
ShaperV
Writer

ShaperV

Experienced., from Texas

Running COSMOS Still Needs Energy Jul 4, 2023

1. The Unicorn
      The Unicorn
      Just wondering how your original fiction was going, I noticed you hadn't posted on SubscribeStar anything since the start of November
      1. jaws2015 and Zauber like this.
    2. Ranmabomb
      Ranmabomb
      My first thought was to think if you changed it recently but fanfiction.net says it hasn't been changed since 2011. Which is awhile ago. Although, maybe I am just remembering badly and she gets re-brainwashed and that is the part I am thinking of. It has to have been like 6-7 years or more since I last read it
      1. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        Wow, that takes me back. No, I haven't touched that story in over a decade, and a quick glance at ff.net shows it looks the same. There are two brainwashing incidents, both of which are pretty significant.
        Jan 6, 2024
        Ranmabomb likes this.
    3. Ranmabomb
      Ranmabomb
      So, I kind of psyched myself out and am a little confused in regard to you time braid story. I started reading it recently but had a deja vue feeling which makes me decently sure I read it before. Or at least a very similar story. But I thought the main character getting brainwashed was a multi-chapter thing rather than just one and remember it being much scarier as well..
    4. Sphere
      Sphere
      Hey Shaper, any plans on ever getting back into your cultivation setting?

I recently got started reading InvertedHelix's take and found the original inspiration, and the whole setting seems really well put together mechanically
      1. inverted_helix likes this.
      2. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        Possibly, but not until I either finish my current quest or get burned out on it.
        Aug 16, 2023
        ses and inverted_helix like this.
      3. ses
        ses
        I really really hope you dont burn out on COSMOS. I love that story so much and we're finally about to reach some real climactic battles.
        Sep 20, 2023
        macdjord and Persimmon like this.
    5. Milksteak
      Milksteak
      So stoked for the next Daniel Black. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Jungles of Alabama—before I actually start reading it, though, are you planning on releasing an audiobook version? I still use my eyeballs, but I usually get audio if I can.
      1. Longtimelurker
        Longtimelurker
        I too am stoked for the next Daniel Black
        Sep 5, 2023
        ulfgar_BentBeak and Qwerty1234 like this.
    6. ShaperV
      ShaperV
      Running COSMOS Still Needs Energy
      1. ses, dragn982, macdjord and 1 other person like this.
    7. ShaperV
      ShaperV
      Working on ideas for a successor to Cultivation Quest.
      1. eyythr, moon so bright, Enso and 7 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. A/N
        A/N
        It could start out with a more established base, allowing the character to branch out more since the basics are already handled. Or, start from even less, needing to take more active measures to gain resources, and having less things to keep track of since the character doesn't have much. A nth son striking out for their chance?
        Jun 29, 2023
      4. NHO
        NHO
        ANoYO is delight to play. Problem is, it's damn mess to reread after the fact. Finding evolved world-building is a compound chore, as usual I hate the fact that vote results are undiscoverable so I got no idea how we got there from where we started. Lewd scenes are nice.
        I think my main gripe could be summarized as "story is told in the thread holistically, not in threadmarked elements"
        Jun 29, 2023
        Wise Wolf and Parkodas like this.
      5. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        It's a really deep and complex world that is hard to compress down into the threadmarked elements. That being said I'm not sure I agree that the story is spread through the thread. You won't necessarily understand the strategic choices without the thread, but I don't think there's really character elements outside the threadmarks or anything like that.
        Jun 29, 2023
    8. loki98065
      loki98065
      downloaded Jungles of Alabama off Amazon this afternoon. was a fun read. have to ask though how long till the next book is due ? lol

great work with moon shot to. :)
      1. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        Trying to schedule these things never seems to work for me. At the moment I'm working on the next Daniel Black book, but who knows how that will work out?
        Jun 22, 2023
    9. ShaperV
      ShaperV
      Working on Moon Shot
      1. crazygrox
        crazygrox
        How's that going? Personally all of my writing gets stuck with only partial chapters finished, or with serious plotting issues that make me reluctant to post the chapter or two I actually finish, so I can hardly complain when other people run into issues.
        May 14, 2023
      2. crazygrox
        crazygrox
        Still curious as to what happened this time. Different fic caught your muse after an hour? Found a great video game? Ran into a plotting/research issue with the chapter that would necessitate changing something and didn't want to go back to do that?
        May 14, 2023
    10. Valmit
      Valmit
      Btw, the status message on your profile is currently "Probably not, since I just published the completed book on Amazon". Has been set by accident I guess.
    11. geolas94
      geolas94
      with moonshot getting updated, do you have any plans to continue "a nation of your own"?
    12. 48Tarantulas
      48Tarantulas
      So happy to see you continuing Moon Shot. I just love it!
      1. Tutan0ss, Venyr4434 and Mandabar like this.
    13. Zimnij1986
      Zimnij1986
      Are you considering makng a patreon page?
      1. Persimmon and 48Tarantulas like this.
      2. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        I use SubscribeStar (at https://www.subscribestar.com/william-s-corner) instead, because they actually have clear guidelines about acceptable content and follow them. In contrast, Patreon has a crew of censors who routinely ban people for having opinions they don't like, or attracting the attention of social media hate mobs or internet trolls.
        Mar 5, 2023
    14. Bet Blood
      Bet Blood
      I know it's been years now, but what was going to be the plot of Moon Shot if you had decided to continue it??
      1. crazygrox
        crazygrox
        I just reread that. And got thinking: Redoubt's powers aren't similar to the operation of any tinker seen operating during cannon, but they seem kind of similar to the pre-Mannequin Sphere. Food for worry.
        Mar 22, 2023
    15. ShaperV
      ShaperV
      Probably not, since I just published the completed book on Amazon.
    16. geolas94
      geolas94
      ShaperV will you update Jungles of Alabama here on QQ?
      1. macdjord likes this.
    17. Bill C
      Bill C
      1. loki98065, Bolt97, Mandabar and 8 others like this.
      2. loki98065
        loki98065
        downloaded Jungles of Alabama off Amazon. was a fun read. have to ask though how long till the next book is due ?
        great work with moon shot to. :)
        Jun 21, 2023
    18. Ct613hulu
      Ct613hulu
      Are you ever planning on publishing "Jungles of Alabama" on Amazon? I noticed that it was now marked as finished on Subscribe Star. I would be interested in purchasing it as a full book and I imagine quite a few people on this site would feel the same.
      1. inverted_helix, macdjord and Livianne like this.
      2. PlasticSoldier
    19. sllypper
      sllypper
      I love Perilous Waif and just found out about the Merciful Troubleshooter chapters you posted here. I'm very excited to read them and waiting patiently for the full release.
      It's been years since I last read Perilous Waif but I love the blueprints in Alice's memory and the encounter with the AI parts of the story. Cheers!
      1. macdjord likes this.
      2. sllypper
        sllypper
        I had no idea ShaperV was into Worm. Nice! I'm having fun reading your snippets
        Nov 22, 2022
        macdjord likes this.
    20. Ct613hulu
      Ct613hulu
      Are you planning to ever resume posting the chapters of Merciful Troubleshooter or publish the full book on Amazon?
      1. Omega255, Livianne and macdjord like this.
    21. Longtimelurker
      Longtimelurker
      Are you familiar with the game series Dominions? (the most recent is Dominions 5 and they essentially remake the same game with a better engine). As I listen to the audiobooks of Daniel Black that I just bought, it strikes me that Dominions is very similar to the world that you build to. I you haven't, it is a really cool game that you should try out.
    22. Milksteak
      Milksteak
      Hey! Just hoping things are alright. Loved Perilous Waif and especially Daniel Black. While I hope inspiration eventually hits again, it's more important to do what is right for you. Even if you aren't able to continue Daniel's story, I'm happy to have been able to read the books you've already released—you should definitely be proud of the work you've done, regardless of whether it works out to continue them.
    23. Dravano
      Dravano
      Just finished reading Moon Shot and was wondering if you might be resuming it at some point.
    24. macdjord
      macdjord
      Will you be resuming updates of Merciful Troubleshooter any time soon?
      1. Omega255 and geolas94 like this.
    25. Persimmon
      Persimmon
    26. kayangelus
      kayangelus
      Hey, sorry to bother you.

Some of us were having a debate on spacebattles about mechanics in the Daniel Black series. Specifically, for conjuration, does it just summon stuff that already exists somewhere in the world, or does it create it, say, from extra-dimensional void-stuff? Or is it something else?
      1. macdjord and Persimmon like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        Yes, although no promises about answering everything. I may still write another book or three in that setting eventually, so I wouldn't want to give away any spoilers.
        Jun 12, 2022
      4. macdjord
        macdjord
        'May' write? I thought it was still ongoing and the next one would be coming out after Merciful Trouble-shooter?
        Jun 26, 2022
      5. ShaperV
        ShaperV
        Between my health issues and inconsistent inspiration, I don't like to commit too firmly to anything about future releases. Things tend to move around in the queue, especially these last couple of years.
        Jun 27, 2022
        Celer, Ushiva, inverted_helix and 4 others like this.
    27. Aconitum
      Aconitum
      Love you Story Moon shot^^
      1. Ushiva, Ruy, Nefal and 14 others like this.
    28. macdjord
      macdjord
      You okay? You haven't updated anything here in a while.
      1. Nerve, Nefal, Persimmon and 7 others like this.
      2. Evilhippy
        Evilhippy
        I know he still posts some stuff on Subscribestar, so he's still alive if nothing else.

Prolly just working on his books.
        Apr 14, 2022
        macdjord and ExquisiteTopHat like this.
      3. macdjord
        macdjord
        Evilhippy Yeah, but he was posting the book here chapter by chapter for a while, specifically in order to get comments and criticism.
        Apr 15, 2022
        Nerve, Nefal, Tutan0ss and 2 others like this.
    29. AHerdOfLoLCats
      AHerdOfLoLCats
      I just found out that Roland Emmerich directed a movie about the moon falling....gotta say it looks like hot garbage :P

Curious if you've looked at it all and if you had any thoughts about it.
      1. Ruy likes this.
    30. Longtimelurker
      Longtimelurker
      Great fan of your work!
      I hope that you are doing better.
  • About

Writer
    Writer

Signature

Like my Quests and fanfiction? Give my original fiction a try. I also have a SubscribeStar page, if you'd like to support my work.