1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Vista of the Void [Worm/Familiar of Zero Xover]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Daimah, Jun 2, 2016.

1. kifflomx

kifflomx Actual coffee enjoyer.

I'd be careful with the wording here, Louise. Knowing Kirche she'll do exactly that.

2. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Well, would be a very interesting way to get one of Caldron's Super Power Milk Shakes...

3. Riero

Riero Know what you're doing yet?

...I would do some seriously heinous shit for this story to update.

Sol Mark-1 and Catter like this.
  4. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Rape a dog. Take pictures. Show your dedication!

:p

Riero likes this.
  5. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Note the conditional. You need to demonstrate that that will help cause this fic to update first.

azureSky likes this.
  6. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Meh. It'll show the author you're dedicated and through your example, encourage him to go on and do great things (IE: Write Moar!)

7. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

If someone started posting pictures of them raping dogs in a thread of mine, I'd leave and never look back.

8. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

It's not about the dogs, it's about the dedication!

9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

People? This line of discussion is over. Don't make me have to come back.

10. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Dude. It was an off-color joke.

11. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Meddle not in the affairs of mods, for they are inscrutable and quick to threadban.

12. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

One where you kept pushing and going over the line as it were when it's clear that people were uncomfortable with said joke.

SlickRCBD, Dulcet, Alayne and 3 others like this.
  13. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Um, I have to assume you're talking about me, since I'm the only one who replied to it at all, and I have to say I was not uncomfortable - I was just playing the straight man by responding to his absurd suggestion dead seriously. (Now if he had actually started posting pictures like that, it would be a different story, but he didn't.)
    If I was uncomfortable, I'd have either said so, or just reported the post.

Psyckosama likes this.
  14. Urist

Urist Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Stay classy, QQ.

15. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

The only 'class' QQ has ever had is the kinds filled with naughty schoolgirls~

16. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

My favorite kind!

doomlord9 likes this.
  17. Riero

I...didn't expect my comment to lead to all that.

18. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Welcome to Questionable Questing. You must be new here.

19. Sorain

Sorain Know what you're doing yet?

Or, you know, Riero's not had a mod involved situation come up before.

Anyhow, I fully expect some truly amusing reactions from Missy over the social standards here. Little things like commoners being literally lesser forms of life then Nobles, a proper one religion not quite theocracy (Theocraticly supported Monarchy) as the government and of course all the fun critters just hanging around. Plus, you know, Magic and the Familiar elephant in the room.

20. Daimah

Daimah Something something

Threadmarked. ;)

Next chapter is on it's way. I finally fixed the Louise-Missy scene that I was having problems with and the rest should be coming along fine... should is the keyword :p

By the way, does anyone know if animals also create interferences with Vista's powers like humans do? So far I've assumed that they do but I wanted to be sure.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  21. Blargh

Blargh I trust you know where the happy button is?

There is no firm confirmation one way or the other. I'm of the opinion that they do, just to a lesser degree as during the S9000 arc Taylor brought her bugs away from a building before Vista warped it, but the wording there and in other places is ambiguous. A important thing to remember is that Vista's power doesn't actually work on empty spaces, just solid objects, a compilation of all of her abilities:
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-feats-and-source-thread.335340/page-2#post-17347180

If you need to check anything else with regards to Worm let me know.

Daimah likes this.
  22. shinkicker444

shinkicker444 Know what you're doing yet?

I am e-famous now!

Daimah likes this.
  23. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

No. After Earth Bet was evacuated in canon, she was able to do continent-spanning warps. Humans only make up a fairly small fraction of the animal biosphere, so if non-human animals affected her, then the evacuation would have had no effect on her ability to do large-scale warps.

Alayne and Enohthree like this.
  24. Riero

Keep in mind that Manton limitations are completely arbitrary. The only reason why they exist is to 1.) not overwhelm the user and 2.) force the user to get creative in their power use so that the shards can grow. Oh, and 3.) so they won't be able to threaten the two space-whales, which is why no thinker power works on them or Eidolan...and maybe Endbringers?

Alayne, Enohthree and Zackarix like this.
  25. Xaliuss

Xaliuss Getting out there.

No, Manton limitations and required secondary powers serve only one purpose - make person to freely use his/her powers without danger to themselves. They are often more broad than minimal, but safety goes first.

Other limitations make people not dangerous to Entities and so on, but they can't be put together with Manton limit.

26. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

i always assumed that the reason that the Endbringers were Thinker proof was bacause they were conected to Eidolons power, even when he isn't, and that the power did something to trick other powers into thinking that he was off limits, like how Olivers power tricked Zion into thinking they were Eden, or how no one can predict Triggers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  27. Asheram

Asheram Know what you're doing yet?

... Eidolon, folks. Unless you are summoning this guy.
    [​IMG]

kifflomx likes this.
  28. kifflomx

kifflomx Actual coffee enjoyer.

Ia Ia Dolan fhtagn

Asheram likes this.
  29. Ltd_Fox

Ltd_Fox Making the rounds.

Heh... this is great. I haven't seen many Worm/ZnT crosses to begin with, and this has some excellent potential.

I'm hoping for more scenes from the points of view of Halk natives here and there, especially when Vista makes her first impressions with her ability. If they manage to piss her off enough during the first conversations, they may get treated to the view of the whole freaking room/tower/castle they are in twisting around to new and interesting shapes. Also, Vista is basically immune to any ranged if she maintains a warped space around her, so the mages may get the fun double surprise of having their own spells warp back to hit them in the face.

Given the low population density, and what we saw Vista do with things like building and skyscrapers in Worm, she could conceivably remodel the entire castle in seconds, or peel it away like a couple of bananas.

Alayne and Catter like this.
  30. The Unicorn

The Unicorn Well worn.

Actually there is quote a bit of confirmation both ways :) That's the problem. We have scenes that only work if Vista is only limited by people in the area of effect, we also have multiple cases of Wildbow stating she's limited by all living things.

BF110C4 likes this.