1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMV Theater

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mr_John

Mr_John Versed in the lewd.

This deserves to be embedded. I think you'll agree

Lazurman, dragonx99, Fenrir and 7 others like this.
  2. Princess Magnificent

Princess Magnificent WIth Lips of Coral And Robes of Black Feathers

This one is older than Carthage, but I love it.

3. Red Sectoid

Red Sectoid Punmaster

Can I just say that I hate effect filters? TH3_P1RAT3 has some good AMVs but he puts them behind that old timey movie filter and it drives me berserk.

4. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

This is probably one of my favorites haha. I don't usually ship couples in anything I read, but I love when others do so. I don't know how to write that sentence without seeming weird.

Nolrai2 likes this.
  5. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

I hate color filters so so so much. Ugh.

kinglugia and Red Sectoid like this.
  6. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Let's do One Piece for a while. The character bodily proportions are weirder than PMMM and most of the fights are like living in a bizarre fever dream, but it is straight up the best shonen show around for friendship and plucky, zany heroes winning against all odds. Also, there's more tragic backstory than an entire pirate ship crewed exclusively by Sasukes, but they don't let it get them down because fuck adversity.

Starting from the ancient and venerable, but still probably the best, and working its way down:

1) Sail On, the AMV that got me interested in Masterplan. Does a good job showing the adventure aspect that makes One Piece so much fun.
    2) This is One Piece, Exhibit B on how punching your tragic backstory in the face is how we roll in One Piece town.
    3) This Is War, probably not a very good one for people who don't follow One Piece, but I like the music.
    4) The Phoenix, did somebody say color filters?! And text on screen? I like it anyway.
    5) Drunken Hands, just backing up what I said about Sasuke not having shit on tragic backstories. This guy spent around sixty years as a skeleton sailing the pirate ship of his dead crew around the local Bermuda Triangle. You know, like you do sometimes.

7. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

I wish there was more good One Piece Fanfiction, because these AMVs are awesome. There was one on the first page I really loved too.

8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

From an old anime, an AMV of Tsubasa Chronicles, featuring A Song of Storm and Fire.

Beware of spoilers though~ Have fun!

dragonx99 likes this.
  9. Guile

I hear ya. It's pretty much a dead fandom, which is a shame because there's a few out there that remind us how great fanfiction set in that world can be.

Kinda like Gintama, though that at least has the excuse of using SO MANY japanese-style puns they're never, ever going to translate it.

EDIT:
    Oh man, how could I forget Hito's work when talking about One Piece AMVs?

Kaizoku no Bouken and Kaizoku no Bouken 2, AMVs about the first and sixth movie respectively I think? Totally different art styles, still great.

First One Piece movie: the crew joins a pirate ship race/battle royale and fights a man made of candy.
    Sixth One Piece movie: the crew competes in a number of zany duels that are basically carnival games dialed up to 11. The villain is a giant flower.

Welcome to One Piece.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  10. Guile

Soul Eater. The anime has its issues here and there, but the art style is absolutely fantastic, the character design is distinctive and interesting - albeit a little too hip if you know what I mean - and the action is smooth and pretty, so it makes a good series for AMVs.

This Is Halloween is very popular and has been listed here before, and I myself recced another Soul Eater AMV, Get'chu Twisted, but here's a couple more:

Vintage Misery is set to Fall Out Boy's Phoenix, which is a little played out for AMVs, but nonetheless. If One Piece gives you a sense of adventure, then Soul Eater is defined by it's style and this AMV does a good job of that.

Ringleader is set to a Britney Spears song. ... Wait! Come back. It's good.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  11. Red Sectoid

Red Sectoid Punmaster

I'm not a big fan of the noses but overall I totally agree.

12. TmDagger

TmDagger I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, a couple story-tellers for staters:
    I liked this Last Exile one quite a bit for capturing the spirit of anime in question pretty well. Minimalistic and tasteful style only helped.
    The next one is a Mash-Up with quite a bit more action.

What else?
    This one just makes me crack up like a madman.
    The graphics of this ReEvangelion video are just too cool to pass up.
    Hmm. The Animus Project is pretty awesome as well. So is the COLOLOR.

Will have to dig up old portable HDD to look throu the rest of my collection.

13. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

14. Guile

I don't know what's going on, but I like it.

15. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hmm, I am bored. Found an AMV of a Visual Novel. Beast Lair's translating it. Still ongoing, last I checked. Latest installment of the VN series though.
    Edit: Will reupload it when I have the time. Thank goodness for internet.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Prince Charon likes this.
  16. Guile

Three incredibly interesting male character designs... and one spiky-headed teenager-ish dude that shoots beamu.

I wonder who the VN protagonist is.

17. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

You mean this particular VN or its prequel? If it's this VN, then it's the white-haired lady wielding a pair of oversized knuckle blades and has an upside down Holy Cross on her eye. If it's its prequel(s?) then it's the spiky-headed teenager dude who shoots blue-and-(maybe)-pink beamu.

IIRC, in one of its sequel(s)' routes, the white loli gunslinger and the red head loli with rainbow crystals floating around her are the protags.

You're welcome :)

Guile likes this.
  18. De3ta

De3ta You Pronounce the Three.

Sweet Merciful CHRIST this is seven years old........

Not sure if this exactly counts, But it;s still pretty funny.

JeckJack and Valette-Serafina like this.
  19. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

It's a fan animation actually. A really good one.

20. Vague Wanderer

Vague Wanderer Well worn.

Seven years old, still one of the better GitS AMVs:

Germtheory3Z and TmDagger like this.
  21. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

22. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

The ballad of Berry Allen by Jims Big Ego

23. Guile

Forgot this thread existed for a bit.

Random AMV drop:

Magician Under the Moonlight – Magic Kaito 1412 anime. The anime (and this AMV) has got style coming out of its ears, even if the protagonist is kind of a smug prick.
    Stack – I love Haikyuu. My favorite sports anime. So jazzed for the second season coming out this fall. Also, this AMV is good.
    Runnin' – Blood Lad. When was the last time you saw a vampire and a werewolf engage in a gentlemanly boxing match to settle their differences? Never? Thought so.

Sexual Desire – NSFW, because Kuro can't keep her damn clothes on. This AMV illustrates the eternal dilemma of Prisma Ilya. On the one hand, awesome animation, good action scenes, a surprisingly moving story that puts shows like Cardcaptor Sakura and Nanoha to shame. On the other, completely unable to gush about it to normal people, because then they might watch it and see all the sexualized anime lolis.

24. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Eh.... personally Prism Ilya doesn't appear like such a deep Story from what I saw in the manga. It has some interesting parts like the Kuro thing where she embodies the parts of Ilya that she rejects. Maybe the Gilgamesh/Ainsworth stuff with the Alternate Shirou (Though that is also a bit cliche in the whole "Pseudo-Evil force trying to kill you/kidnap your friend to power his evil stuff). But otherwise the battles are classical to this kind of genre and similar to stuff like the original Pretty Cure or some Nanoha episodes. Very Shonen-Action-Comedy like.

Hard to compare it with something like Cardcaptor too, given that series being far more subdued and subtle about stuff. Like, comparing Shoujo with Shounen. Hmmmm.... makes me wonder how a crossover between Cardcaptor Sakura and Prism Ilya would be like.

AMV is cool Animation is great and battles look very good and detailed.

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  25. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I feel like this about some games. Some of these gameplay elements are new to me! But if I talk about it maybe someone will ask what game it is and I'll be all, "Uh ... 'Rape Pirates.'"

Edit: Also, saw the AMV, looks amazing, will watch the show.

kinglugia, Least Devotee and Guile like this.
  26. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Look at the brighter site of this description. For not normal people this anime is like having your cake and eating it.

27. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

Fan animation; multiple anime; very suggestive; not quite complete nudity, yaoi

Master of Squirrel-fu and Guile like this.
  28. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

29. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

30. Guile

While I appreciate you guys digging into your treasure troves to produce AMVs, can you hyperlink them?

Those poor souls with subpar computers aren't going to be enjoying themselves trying to load this page.

Germtheory3Z likes this.