1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtVS] Harmony Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 15, 2013.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: 9 - Library
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] "Very well! Never let it be said that Harmony Kendall, Gentlelady Adventurer would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! Off to the Library we goooo!"

    "Oh god, can this night get any worse," She sighed into her hands. "Look, we really should get to the library, the old man... Giles should know what's going on."

    "Very well! Never let it be said that I would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! To the library! Full of delicious knowledge, mysteries, wisdom all hidden in pulped paper and guarded by deadly simian librarians!"

    "What?" You paused as your companions stopped following you and just looked at you, uttering but a single world.

    You turned to look back at them, surrounded by stunned monsters and constructs. "Isn't it obvious that we should find out more? Libraries are nice archives full of knowledge. But one can't just simply GIVE them out, obviously, the best method of defense would be the librarians, and I'd take an enhanced simian over a human any day in deadly pugilist battles over late returns."

    "Giles... isn't... isn't an ape or anything of that sort," that Chase girl sighed before speaking up. "He'd just go ahem and just LOOK at you, and you'd just feel rather put out. That's why no one goes into the library unless they have to."

    "Fascinating, some sort of guilt inducing mental field triggered by eye contact," You thought about it. "But how would that even work, it would require some sort of adaptive electro-magnetical neuralogical field inducer. One that can adjust its frequency on an individual basis, but...."

    Your companions carry you off as you tried to puzzle out the logistics of squeezing the neural inducer into a biological form and then squeezing it to fit into a human mind.

    Before you know it, you find yourself settled in a small private and rather quaint library with a few paltry shelves of books with a rather nice older chap standing with a cup of tea in hand and looking rather bemused at you and your motley crew.

    Giving a quick look at your Pulse Pistol, you idly noted just how many shots you had spent thus far. Just in case, because you never know when you're going to need to shoot some people.

    Or things, you amended in memory of the young constructs that might be human.

    "Good lord, Xander? Willow? What's going on?" The surprise from the older gentleman seemed genuine from what you could see as he looked at your two companions, ignoring the scantily clad female who had led you here.

    This was the point where introductions naturally occur.


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Library
    - - -

    What Do?
    [X] Wait for Willow and Alexander Harris introduce themselves first.
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
    [X] Let the Chase young... female explain the situation, keep an ear open while you look about.
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes
    Spent 50 shots in that last splurg of non-lethal shots.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1120/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (600/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  2. spidermounky92k

    spidermounky92k Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2013
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    14
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  3. mc2rpg

    mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    2,109
    Likes Received:
    1,145
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  4. R.A.G.

    R.A.G. Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    3,321
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.

    I can't stop laughing. :D
     
  5. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  6. Pipeman

    Pipeman Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    5,808
    Likes Received:
    5,862
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  7. hunter09

    hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2013
    Messages:
    1,155
    Likes Received:
    211
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  8. overmind

    overmind Ruler of the Swarm

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2013
    Messages:
    1,282
    Likes Received:
    655
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  9. Redon

    Redon the baka nerbie

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,230
    Likes Received:
    298
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.

    like there's any other option.
     
  10. Liam-don

    Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,268
    Likes Received:
    1,773
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  11. drake_azathoth

    drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    2,626
    Likes Received:
    5,092
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  12. Selias

    Selias Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2013
    Messages:
    4,571
    Likes Received:
    4,971
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
     
  13. Random832

    Random832 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, then let the Chase girl explain the situation.
     
  14. Threadmarks: 10 - The Librarian
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] "Have no fear, Harmony Kendall will handle this."

    How could you turn down such a situation?

    Introductions!

    Good man, this Giles to allow for an introduction to be done. The set up was perfect. His confusion beneath bright and sterile light, that cup of delightfully scented tea mixing with the aroma of old books, that grassy notes mixed with the tang of acids, and just the slightest hints of vanilla over mustiness... ah, that scent of nostalgia that brings back memories of one's youth in libraries and old book stores.

    Ah yes, good times.

    You smile, nay beam, at this Giles. "Good day. You must be the librarian, Giles?"

    A firm handshake later, you had a better measure of the librarian. A firm handshake, but one with a hand with interesting scars on it that couldn't be easily seen. This was a librarian that you could respect, even if he hid his past with a veneer of civility.

    "Well, yes, Harmony." Admittedly, he did seem to have some knowledge of you. But then so had the fallen and depraved Chase girl. "You do seem to be behaving quite differently than normal."

    "Right, there's a simple reason for that, I suspect," You smiled before bowing politely, even if you did keep your eyes on him.

    "I am [​IMG], late of Eternal Albion. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I find myself stranded here in your quaint little town of Sunnydale."

    "With me are my companions, who too have found themselves stranded here. Princess Willow, a princess of the empire of Helium. Located upon Mars," You gesture at Willow and then at Alexander Harris. "And this is Corporal Alexander Harris of UNIT. I believe you mentioned it stood for Unified Intelligence Taskforce, Corporal?"

    "Yeah, it is," The man at arms nodded before saluting very sharply at the Librarian. "As miss Kendall noted, I'm from UNIT. One moment, I was on patrol at the base, and the next I'm here in the... America? Or well, here. No by your word or anything. No hint of a transmat or even alien involvement. Just one moment walking, and the next being assaulted by little horrors."

    With that, you and your companions explained what you had noticed and inferred to the librarian. He certainly seemed surprised and had questions for you and that Chase girl. Odd, he seemed to treat all of you as equals. Perhaps, there was something to miss Chase' beliefs of transformations and such.

    Or... more worryingly and certainly of concern was that everyone affected had been swapped with a transreality alternate or analog. This notion was the more worrying one, for if you had been affected... what of the children that miss Chase or that Princess Willow had mentioned? Innocent little children transported to replace their monstrous counterparts.

    How horrifying.

    "The only thing I can think of is that I got my costume at Party Town in Los Angeles," You blinked at what the Chase girl was saying. "But I know that Harmony was making her own costume, and those two and maybe everyone else got their costumes at that Ethan's store."

    "Did you just say... Ethan's?" There was a frown now on the Librarian's face. He hadn't liked that name. Perhaps, it was something associated with his past? There was sigh as he placed the cup of tea he had been sipping at on the table.

    There was a look of command on his face as he took off his glasses to wipe at them with a cloth. Indeed, your analysis of Giles had been spot on, it looks like. "Cordelia. You will take me to this Ethan's. Now."


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The Librarian
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Follow this Giles to Ethan's. It was possible that he would need some support.
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
    - - [X] Read up on the books here to see what the local technologies are like, as well as history.
    - - [X] Secure the library into a little bunker with the UNIT soldier.
    [X] Write In
     
  15. Redon

    Redon the baka nerbie

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,230
    Likes Received:
    298
    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
     
  16. R.A.G.

    R.A.G. Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    3,321
    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Secure the library into a little bunker with the UNIT soldier.

    because this is buffy, SOMETHING will attack.
     
  17. Selias

    Selias Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2013
    Messages:
    4,571
    Likes Received:
    4,971
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
     
  18. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Tally Do Me!
    [X] Follow this Giles to Ethan's. It was possible that he would need some support.
    QQ - nick012000
    SB -

    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
    QQ - Selias, Inara Seraph, Happerry, Carrnage, mc2rpg
    SB -

    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
    QQ - Redon
    SB - +1 Write In

    - - [X] Read up on the books here to see what the local technologies are like, as well as history.
    QQ -
    SB - +1 Write In

    - - [X] Secure the library into a little bunker with the UNIT soldier.
    QQ - R.A.G.
    SB - +1 Write In
    - - -
    Write In
    - Chargone
    Plan Chargone
    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
    - - [X] Read up on the books here to see what the local technologies are like, as well as history.
    - - [X] Secure the library into a little bunker with the UNIT soldier.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  19. Inara Seraph

    Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    52
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?

    edit: ninjaedit
     
  20. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Well... the Look for Girl vote will result in building stuff... so it would fold the other vote into it.
     
  21. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,256
    Likes Received:
    3,202
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
     
  22. Carrnage

    Carrnage Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    6,450
    Likes Received:
    8,440
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
     
  23. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Tally updated
     
  24. mc2rpg

    mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    2,109
    Likes Received:
    1,145
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
     
  25. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    So it looks like majority is build shit to detect a "Buffy" and hunt her down~
     
  26. nick012000

    nick012000 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,408
    Likes Received:
    1,353
    [X] Follow Giles to this'd Ethan's. He may need the support.
     
  27. minuseven

    minuseven Samsara

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    497
    Likes Received:
    367
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?

    Time... for SCIENCE! !!
     
  28. hunter09

    hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2013
    Messages:
    1,155
    Likes Received:
    211
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
     
  29. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    [X] Stay at the library school?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
    - - - - [X] "My, there is certainly a swathe of high quality equiptment in this 'Shop' Classroom! How handy. Now, as a GENTLELADY ADVENTURER, I am somewhat familiar with this sort of situation, although not exactly the same. We are bound to be attacked by something or other momentarily, so if you two could keep watch while I begin examining and upgrading your weaponry that would be nice."

    Again, sad that we aren't Harmony Hetrodyne, and not just because onomatopoeia is awesome.
     
  30. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    "There are no more Hetrodynes. None yet live who could claim lineage to that storied line, for Castle Hetrodyne has long since fallen."
     
Loading...