1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtVS] Harmony Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 15, 2013.

Loading...
  1. FurikoMaru

    FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2013
    Messages:
    2,343
    Likes Received:
    1,468
    ... did you hear what I said? Buffy, dead and gone! Never to darken a doorway with her painfully humourless presence ever again! I am completely failing to see an out-of-universe downside to this.
     
  2. nick012000

    nick012000 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,408
    Likes Received:
    1,353
    She was only painfully humorless in the later seasons, IIRC.
     
  3. ZiPeppe

    ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2013
    Messages:
    366
    Likes Received:
    619
    Does that mean she speak in a silly voice?
     
  4. Scia

    Scia Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2013
    Messages:
    476
    Likes Received:
    10
    [X] .... Just what is with the shrieking females? Was there some sort of ratio of females needing saving?
     
  5. Yog

    Yog Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2013
    Messages:
    102
    Likes Received:
    308
    No, seriously, something has to be VERY different about this world for Willow to go out in the costume consisting of only bodypaint. And for Snyder to let it pass his scrutiny.

    We shouldn't probably rely on our OOC knowledge at all, at this rate.
     
  6. Tetsurō

    Tetsurō Communist Penguin

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2013
    Messages:
    230
    Likes Received:
    13
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
     
  7. Makahl

    Makahl Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2013
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    137
    might be just a full-body suit, you know like those old-time swimsuits for women.
    However I still agree that we're way AU and should try to find out how this world works.
     
  8. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Or it could be a painted on wetsuit for surfing or diving~
     
  9. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    Willow- "I, I'd never wear something like that-!"
    Xander- [pops in] "Hey buffster, want to wear something in spandex?" [Eyebrow waggle]
    Willow- "... On second thought, I've reconsidered. SPANDEX ME UP, SCOTTEH!"
     
  10. Larekko12

    Larekko12 Connoisseur.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    13,825
    Likes Received:
    19,471
    AH so she's already dead? Or permanately corrupted by her costume into ineffectualness.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Also note that wetsuits are anything but spandex.... as for Buffy...

    [me=Biigoh]shrugs :3[/me]
     
  12. mc2rpg

    mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    2,109
    Likes Received:
    1,145
    Awwww poor Buffy, she was still a great character throughout the early seasons.
     
  13. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Current Tally

    - Happerry, Vindictus (?!?!?! variant), FurikoMaru (Vin variant), Tetsurō, PhoenixFTW (SB)
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.

    - Selias, Redon, minuseven, mc2rpg, Scia, Larekko12 (SB), horus (SB), (ZiPeppe)
    [X] .... Just what is with the shrieking females? Was there some sort of ratio of females needing saving?

    - drake_azathoth, cyberswordsmen, hunter09, Makahl
    [X] Talk with her and continue exploring the strange world you find yourself in with Princess Willow.

    - Yog
    [X] Talk with her and continue exploring the strange world you find yourself in with Princess Willow.
    - - [X]Get her a weapon. Ask her what she's familiar with and try to get her something like that. A sword maybe?
    - - [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
     
  14. Jans

    Jans That which smiles.

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2013
    Messages:
    533
    Likes Received:
    97
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.

    ... Did Dawn just go by at speed?

    And yes Bii, like it a lot. =3
     
  15. FurikoMaru

    FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2013
    Messages:
    2,343
    Likes Received:
    1,468
    Deadpool. Specifically the one from the Wolverine movie, but I'm thinking Vin went for that one because anything more complicated would have been too costly for Xander to throw together.
     
  16. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Canon had him going as a soldier whose ONLY expense was buying a small plastic rifle.

    Also... thanks for comments
     
  17. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    And Deadpool is a soldier with a pair of swords... Which could easily be cheap plastic. Very easily, in fact.
     
  18. MacroDaemon

    MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    195
    Likes Received:
    17
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
     
  19. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Current Tally up to Earth-Destroyer

    08 - Happerry, Vindictus (?!?!?! variant), FurikoMaru (Vin variant), Tetsurō, PhoenixFTW (SB), Jans, MacroDaemon, overmind
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.

    09 - Selias, Redon, minuseven, mc2rpg, Scia, Larekko12 (SB), horus (SB), ZiPeppe, Earth-Destroyer
    [X] .... Just what is with the shrieking females? Was there some sort of ratio of females needing saving?

    04 - drake_azathoth, cyberswordsmen, hunter09, Makahl
    [X] Talk with her and continue exploring the strange world you find yourself in with Princess Willow.

    01 - Yog
    [X] Talk with her and continue exploring the strange world you find yourself in with Princess Willow.
    - - [X]Get her a weapon. Ask her what she's familiar with and try to get her something like that. A sword maybe?
    - - [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. overmind

    overmind Ruler of the Swarm

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2013
    Messages:
    1,282
    Likes Received:
    655
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
     
  21. Earth-Destroyer

    Earth-Destroyer I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    654
    Likes Received:
    384
    [X] .... Just what is with the shrieking females? Was there some sort of ratio of females needing saving?
     
  22. Threadmarks: 6 - Wave Fronts
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] Troublesome discoveries...

    Walking with this alleged princess of Mars, yes she had admitted to being an extraterrestrial human-like entity, you are starting to feel uncomfortable with what she was saying.

    Or rather the tales of her adventures. They brought to mind the tales of the Hetrodyne Brothers from the continent that you listened to as a child. You recall those evenings where you were seated around the radio-paleophone cabinet in the family room, listening to the soft hissing, clicking and scratching sounds caused by interstellar radiation impacting the aetheric layer of the stratosphere used by the transcribers of public radio, waiting...

    Yes, waiting for the tinny music to start, announcing the wireless broadcast transmission over the airwaves. Tinny music that didn't stay tinny for long as its fidelity increased to true high-fidelity in quality. You had to smile at the memory of Cros-Bell's "Sound quality better than reality".

    Still, the tale that Princess Willow told could have been a Hetrodyne Brothers tale, if one but removed this Alexander Harris Carter person and replaced him with one of the Brothers or perhaps the Baron.

    "And so, I drew my xinther blade from my hair," You blinked at her words, paused and looked at her, which resulted in her looking back at you in puzzlement. "What is the matter, Harmony Kandell of Earth?"

    "You drew your weapon from your hair," Your raised eyebrow as you spoke was a good hint at your surprise.

    She smiled and nodded. "Indeed, like so."

    With that, she reached into her hair and clicked something. The result was surprising to you as her hairpiece shifted and adjusted as it collapsed in structure... slipping into her hair.

    As Willow pulled her hand free of her hair, you blinked at the delicate metal basket around her hand and from which a wicked curved blade that glimmered in the light of the electric lamp. A slight flick of her arm and said metal lamp post was parted in twine and collapsed to the ground with a crashing sound of metal and shattered glass by fiet of gravity.

    "Wait... if you had a weapon all this time, why didn't you use it?" You eyed the blade carefully. If it could cut steel that easily and casually, that made it dangerous as you didn't have anything on you at the moment capable of stopping bladed weapons of that grade.

    "Ah," She looked to the side and coughed. "It was the fact that they are humans and a sword doesn't do nonlethal well."

    Sensible, if misguided. "You do know that they're not human, right?"

    "Ah... not so," She shook her head now. "When I first became aware of myself, I was looking at a group of children, human to be sure, but perfectly normal children. They looked surprised and then... one by one they changed as if a wave of something moved across them."

    You frowned now and thought about it. "And by your best estimates, which direction would this wave have come from?"

    At her gesture, you had to think about it, extrapolating that it was a wave effect of some sort that transformed children into monsters, and it came from that direction... the children you had been surrounded by would have been affected before hers. How disconcerting.

    Your thoughts are broken by a loud piercing shriek... one that resonated in your ears like a harpy's cry. You've had the displeasure of having experienced the actual constructs used as the guards at the Louvre.... that it was almost as bad as that, worried you. But no, there were no subharmonics in the sound. Just a woman in distress.

    Was there some sort of quota you had to fulfill?

    Still, you shake your head and are away! Followed by your current side kick, Willow of Mars!

    As you approached the source of the scream, you can hear rapid staccato bursts of.... yes, that did sound like a primitive and barbaric kinetic based weaponry. Something that shot metal bits.

    Thus did you temper your charge with caution as you peered around a house to see... a woman dressed in a scandalous skintight outfit that put to mind that of a cat. Surely, not even the most shameless of... women of negotiable affections would dress like that!

    You can feel yourself blush at the outfit before your focus shifted to that of the soldier she hid behind. And it was a soldier with a crisp dark uniform with a crimson beret on his head. His winged globe insignia within an oval was unfamiliar to you. But it likely meant something. His focus was admirable.

    Him shooting at the monsters advancing on his position... not so much. Especially given that a good number of said monsters ignored the damage from said weapon, being mummies, vampires and... assorted various superstitious creatures that were derived from constructs.

    "We'll need to pull back, ma'am," His voice sounded familiar to you as he and the female retreated from the vehicle they were sheltered behind. "I'm just not doing enough damage to stop them."


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Wave Fronts
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Make some last minute adjustments to your ZAP gun to get an area attack and take out the monsters in one shot?
    - - - - [Adjustments WILL require a successful roll, and the shot will consume MORE energy than normal]
    - - - - [A GOOD write in or omake will give bonus to the dice roll here.]
    - - [X] With a volley of stunning shots at the advancing monsters and then introduce yourself?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?
    [X] Write In?
     
  23. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?
     
  24. Guile

    Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    11,980
    Likes Received:
    48,427
    >Walking with this alleged princess of Mars, yes she had admitted to being an extraterrestrial human-like entity
    Obviously only dragons live on Mars according to the Heterodyne stories, what is she thinking?

    [X] Good man! A fighting retreat, then! Do aim for their legs, they may well be under some manner of transmogrification effect. Ms. Willow, keep an eye out for a defensible position, please - if nothing else, they are very small, perhaps they cannot jump well! We must make our way to the source of the effect, still, but a Lady Adventurer cannot simply leave a doughty man-at-arms and his... ahem... lightly dressed lady in danger!
     
  25. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    Well, it's possible that she's just a very pretty dragon?
     
  26. R.A.G.

    R.A.G. Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    3,321
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?

    >Alexander Harris Carter

    Mah Sides
     
  27. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Current Tally

    - Vindictus, R.A.G., Latewave, mc2rpg, Redon, hunter09
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?

    - Tetsurou (SB)
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] With a volley of stunning shots at the advancing monsters and then introduce yourself?

    - Happerry
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Make some last minute adjustments to your ZAP gun to get an area attack and take out the monsters in one shot?

    - Guile, Yog, spidermounky92k
    [X] Good man! A fighting retreat, then! Do aim for their legs, they may well be under some manner of transmogrification effect. Ms. Willow, keep an eye out for a defensible position, please - if nothing else, they are very small, perhaps they cannot jump well! We must make our way to the source of the effect, still, but a Lady Adventurer cannot simply leave a doughty man-at-arms and his... ahem... lightly dressed lady in danger!

    - Larekko12
    [X] Introduce yourself with a volley of stunnig shots.
     
  28. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Notice how she says Alleged Princess? ^_^

    It's possible...

    :3
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  29. Latewave

    Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2013
    Messages:
    1,654
    Likes Received:
    1,811
    This vote.
     
  30. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Auuu!
     
Loading...