1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cavern Quest REDO : It Is Still Dark

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Happerry, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

No, we are voting for things that make sense. Mercanaries cannot be trusted, and do not help build up our own skills. Wall has major issues on it's own. Combat mages are the best option for now.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Bounties : With all these adventurers around, surely some bounties for the heads of the most troublesome monsters would have success?

means we'll draw more adventurers which will make things harder for bandits.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Yeah, but then we have a murderhobo infestation. Have you seen what those do to property values?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Er, what? Why can mercenaries not be trusted to go do the job they were hired for? I mean, it's not like you're offering random people gold to kill stuff, you'd be going to the official mercenaries guild and hiring a known group.

If them not being trustworthy was a major risk, I'd have, you know, actually mentioned it?

As for increasing your own skills.. None of the options do that to a noticeable amount. Yes, your local combat mages get experience killing stuff. The exact same kind as if they had joined an adventuring group, in fact, or were doing the normal 'keep random monsters from the main city' jobs some of them do.

I'm just going to say flat out that expecting the outpost security force to be dramatically important to future military choices isn't going to happen. It's going to be important to future outpost choices at most.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

Actually, if this is going to be more influential to the outpost than anything else...

[X] Bounties : With all these adventurers around, surely some bounties for the heads of the most troublesome monsters would have success?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Combat Mages : The university trains mages, so why not make it an extra credit option for some of them to come down here and throw fireballs at the local nasties?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

I just have an innate distrust of hiring external people to deal with our problems. People who are loyal to money rather than you can cause all kinds of problems. Just look at Italy. It may not be a risk now, but if we ever get in a conflict with the city we hire them from. . .

Basicly, my inner copy of the Prince says "noooooooooo".

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Combat Mages

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Becoming the city Famed for its Massive Adventurer population, combined with offering truly wonderful rewards for helping to keep the city safe, seems like an awesome idea to me.

better still, with enough Adventurers calling the city home, we might just have a shot at generating the Adventurers Guild inside our own fair city.

This could lead to Adventurers discovering lost engineering secrets of Those Who Came Before, which could lead to the creation of the Grand Elevators somewhat sooner than expected.

As well, high level adventurers damn near Guarantee, if not safety, at least significant strides towards said safety for our city.

Bonus if, if we establish the Adventurers Guild, we offer bounties against people who break the law in the city, and even hold onto bounties for major underworld criminals! Glorious Job Board, what can't you do?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[insert obligatory comment about how The Prince was satire here]
    Hiring mercenaries here could have us step towards building a mercenaries guild in our town as well. But personally other options seem more interesting to me.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Maybe, but as for reasons not to hire mercenaries things like 'they might ruin their record and get themselves never hired by anyone reputable again by taking the money and running' are one of the stupidest.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

What some people don't understand is that a mercenary outfit is, in fact, a business.

You can't pull shoddy business practices and expect to remain in business very long... Well, unless you're 'Too big to fail' I guess.

Ddmkm122 and Happerry like this.
  13. east2idaho

east2idaho Getting some practice in, huh?

Seems to me that bounties could bring in some interesting adventurers with interesting narrative options.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

With Bounties being our main means of pest control/law Enforcment, I can see our city becoming the base for the Adventurers Guild right soonish.

And if the Adventurers manage to dig up something able to help with getting those Massive Elevators up and running, well...

I wouldn't object to that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Combat Mages : The university trains mages, so why not make it an extra credit option for some of them to come down here and throw fireballs at the local nasties?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Seems to me that bounties could bring in some interesting adventurers with interesting narrative options.

Ddmkm122 likes this.