1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls Quest [Original Setting]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 23, 2015.

1. SerbobIV

SerbobIV Not too sore, are you?

[X] Convince your sisters to lend you money for BIG GUNS. Because you liked 'em big and you can't lie.

Biigoh likes this.
  2. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

[X] Go back to the pet store and buy a pet.

Biigoh likes this.
  3. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Just found out this had updated when someone liked one of my earlier posts, somehow this thread got unwatched. Has that ever happened to anyone else? I'm sure I had it watched before, so no idea why it wasn't now. Anyway looking at this again I'm thinking after getting some pets maybe we might want to look for better engines. At the moment we have heavy weapons, defense, and armor, but only standard speed. Seems like upping our speed some would make us more well rounded, and is likely to be more affordable than trying to get to very heavy weapons (which we were never given an exact amount on, just expensive).

Biigoh likes this.
  4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Might be due to the age of this thread?

5. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I hope not, one of my biggest uses of the thread watching system is to know when threads that haven't been updated for months finally get an update. Otherwise I'd have way more tabs open than I do now to check them all, and at present I keep 293 tabs open in Firefox alone.

Biigoh likes this.
  6. tabron89

tabron89 Experienced.

My alert function works fine...well, apart from the 'do you wish for emails to be sent?' part, which was easily fixed by changing my email settings.

Biigoh likes this.
  7. Biigoh

More like its been years in hiatus.....

8. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

The last post before your recent update was Oct 15 2015. So just short of 1 year, which qualifies as months to me. If you want to go by story posts the last one was Sept 27 2015, so still only just over a year, rather than years.

9. Biigoh

Good point....

10. Blaze121o

Blaze121o Not too sore, are you?

Biigoh likes this.
  11. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

My watched thread list still includes stuff that hasn't updated in over 2 years, so no problem with mine.

Biigoh likes this.
  12. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

[X] Go find and acquire some living pets... okay, you're not sure about getting those. They're kind of like parasites, you know.

Biigoh likes this.
  13. Anti-No

Anti-No Versed in the lewd.

- [X] Ask sisters if they have any experience with living pets?

If we're kind of considering living pets 'parasites', and the sisters kind of think the same, that's a write - off. It was kind of implied that having living crew could go horribly wrong, after all.

Biigoh likes this.
  14. Biigoh

Current tally
    ##### QQBot
    [3] Convince your sisters to lend you money for BIG GUNS. Because you liked 'em big and you can't lie.: (Evillevi, SerbobIV, pepperjack)
    [7] Go back to the pet store and buy a pet.: (Happerry, Anti-No, Candesce, Arkatekt, tabron89, wayne82444, Blaze121o)
    --[1] 1 Ask sisters if they have any experience with living pets?: (Anti-No)
    [2] Go find and acquire some living pets... okay, you're not sure about getting those. They're kind of like parasites, you know.: (BFldyq, Nolrai2)

Evillevi likes this.
  15. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

[x] Go back to the pet store and buy a pet.

Biigoh likes this.
  16. Threadmarks: 017 : Expensive Pets II
    Biigoh

Trthe be told, you liked the idea of having a pet... a cute little thing to hug and snuggle, to deploy and shoot down enemies at close range as it rampaged across your hull. Bracing itself before firing oversized cannons and missiles like a mobile turret.

Oh, it wasn't a real combat unit, not like a fighter craft... but it was an amusing thought.

As such, you and your sisters soon returned to the pet store run by the hyoo-mahn merchant, he said his name was Nahasapeemapetilon?

"Noble ladies, welcome back to the A.P.U stall. Nahasapeemapetilon is happy to be of service to great ladies."

While hyoo-mahns weren't actually people, they were still rather polite or at least Nahasapeemapetilon was, given the way he smiled and bowed on seeing you walk up to his store.

You could see why some of your kin would keep them as pets...

"Thank you, Nahasapeemapetilon. I have been thinking about the pets, while they are somewhat expensive... I will definitely be getting one. They are rather cute."

The smile from the hyoo-mahn only great at being of assistance to you. "Great lady, Nahasapeemapetilon will be happy to sell you Zoic Android."

He once more pointed out the various pets you could buy.

It was 'only' two hundred plasma credits for the design schemata for a single Zoic Android. And that allowed you to build it, a place for it to stay on your ship as well as the assorted required components for its maintenance.

For another two hundred more plasma credits, you would be provided a working version that didn't require dedicated fabrication of the parts and putting one together.

- - -
    Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls
    017 : Expensive Pets II

- - -​

Note: You currently have 599.5 credits.

[X] Buy one of the Zoic Android Schemata for 200 credits [Types listed below]
    [X] Buy one of the assembled Zoic Android (schemata provided) for 400 credits [Type listed below]

It will take 5 turns if you purchase the schemata to build the pet and space for your pet.

If you purchase assembled pet, it will take 1 turn for it to be sent to your ship body with schemata , and you can build the accommodations and such for your pet easily within the turn it takes to deliver to you.

What is picked will determine the final look of your new pet. Alternatively, you can provide an image/description of said bio-mechanical pet.

Weapon Type
    [X] Matter type weapons - Railguns, Missiles, Torpedos, etc
    [X] Exotic Energy type weapons - Particle Beamers, Gauss Cannons, Tesla Arrays, etc
    [X] Mixture of Matter and Energy type weaponry

Design Build
    [X] Slow with Heavy Weaponry/Armor
    [X] Medium Speed with Medium Weaponry/Armor
    [X] Fast with Light Weaponry/Armor

DerDoctor131, wasprider, Twei and 7 others like this.
  17. Rider of Nod

Rider of Nod Peace. Through. Power.

[X] Buy one of the Zoic Android Schemata for 200 credits

Biigoh likes this.
  18. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Buy one of the Zoic Android Schemata for 200 credits

Biigoh likes this.
  19. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Pretty sure I voted for this same one last time we were here, but either way I like the Heavy Weapons version best. It may not move as fast, but it seems more likely to be able to help out noticeably in combat with heavy weapons. Aside from that mixed weapons since we have yet to see anything suggesting one type is better than the other, and with mixed weapon types we don't have to worry about one defense blocking them all.

Biigoh likes this.
  20. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

Biigoh likes this.
  21. Pensive Rumination

Pensive Rumination *confused whine*

[X] Exotic Energy type weapons - Particle Beamers, Gauss Cannons, Tesla Arrays, etc
    [X] Fast with Light Weaponry/Armor

Biigoh likes this.
  22. tabron89

tabron89 Experienced.

.....I'm trying to figure out the merchants name, because I think it might be affected by our MCs ability to parse words like 'hyoo-mahns'....

Biigoh likes this.
  23. Biigoh

Look at the store's name... ^_-

It's a joke. :>

BangBangPewPew and Rider of Nod like this.
  24. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Weapon Type
    [X] Matter type weapons - Railguns, Missiles, Torpedos, etc

Design Build

Biigoh likes this.
  25. Arkatekt

Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

-[X] Exotic Energy type weapons - Particle Beamers, Gauss Cannons, Tesla Arrays, etc
    -[X] Slow with Heavy Weaponry/Armor

[X] Buy a second for an additional 200 credits.
    -[X] Mixture of Matter and Energy type weaponry
    - [X] Medium Speed with Medium Weaponry/Armor

Two pets is something I was going for for awhile. The reason I'm going for Energy Heavy and Mixed Medium is because the MC already has Matter based weapons out the wazoo, but the only Energy weapon she has is her point defense lasers.

Biigoh likes this.
  26. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Unless I misremember aren't her Heavy weapons Particle Cannons? That sounds more like an energy based weapon than a matter one to me.

Biigoh likes this.
  27. tabron89

tabron89 Experienced.

In other words it's Apu from the Simpsons?

That's what I get for playing too much Phantasy Star, I guess.

Biigoh likes this.
  28. Biigoh

It is so.... :3

29. Arkatekt

Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

That's why I asked about it a while back.

30. Biigoh