1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Der Gebogene wird selber Bieger: Kirche the Zero Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Presumably Mercury likes fat bottomed girls. I'm pretty sure Kirche fits that bill.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... You don't mean... FLCL CROSS?

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tYLzFxoW2Y[/embed]

3. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Any excuse to listen to The Pillows on repeat is a good excuse which should be taken. 8)

Why do you think Lupino calls Sasuke Sakkun? >:D

4. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

They might be sharing boys...

5. FurikoMaru

GODDAMN IT! The fluff... the bonds of friendship... so goddamn tempting... so goddamn in-character given the right circumstances... and I won't be able to write any of it.

:-[ Sabishiko desu.

... tell me. Exactly how incredibly disrespectful of real-world suffering would it be for me to handwave the familiar contract's lifespan-extending qualities for animals into neutralizing HIV?

Ugh, maybe I should just veto Mercury. :( This... it might not be right. I didn't think it through.

6. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

edit: [X] Mr. Rogers

7. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

How disrespectful of real-world suffering is it for Star Trek to have food replicators neutralize starvation, or for clerics in Dungeons and Dragons to neutralize death?

Besides, considering everything the contract would need to do in order to keep a cat or frog functioning for a human's lifespan, it wouldn't be much of a handwave. It already prevents organ failure, cellular decay, a bundle of neurological disorders, and probably a ton of other stuff I can't be bothered to think about and list. Extending that to viruses shouldn't be too difficult.

8. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Another consideration with Mercury is that Freddie is not Queen. Without his band he is greatly diminished, his talent as a singer is still very impressive, but I'm not sure that his super-stardom can really carry over without his band and the technology they relied on to back them up.

9. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Well, it'd be a mote point in world right? AIDs wasn't exactly a well known disease when Freddie died from it, I'm fairly certain that I read somewhere that no-one knew quite why he died for some time.

Freddie would never mention it because he didn't know it existed, and Kirche wouldn't either. If the runes looked at that and just made it go away because of how stupidly dangerous it was, that'd actually seem pretty accurate.

If Freddie felt better than he had in a long time, well, he couldn't wield a sword or watch his master throw explosions before this either could he?

On that note, are you still thinking Gandalfr?

10. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

That's not what I read.

He'd be the only one who knows it exists, though, since there's a pretty good chance of AIDS not existing in Halgenkia. And in order for him to know that the familiar contract killed it, he'd need access to someone capable of testing for it. There's unlikely to be a lot of those in a society that probably hasn't figured out germ theory yet.

11. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

You know another good choice?

Mr. Roggers.

12. Dinya

The real one, the blood-stained sweater one, or the sniper one (who is apparently a fusion of him and Simo Häyhä)?

13. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Some Googling indicates that oral is safe barring open wounds in the involved areas if the infected person is the one with the dick in their mouth, but I have no idea if someone from the 1980's would know that. This is probably the last I have to contribute to the subject, as I have no intention of researching Freddie Mercury's attitude towards giving blowjobs.

14. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Mr Rogers? Man, I take it back, Mr Rogers was totally my childhood hero. Where's that clip of him addressing congress?

15. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

Alright Rogers, you get the floor.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q[/embed]

16. FurikoMaru

After a good night's rest, official veto for Freddie Mercury. I don't wanna have to dance around AIDS in a light-hearted quest. That's just unseemly.

And I can't write Mr Rogers. He scares me.

17. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Ἀλέξανδρος ὁ Μέγας!

Regimes may fall and fail, but I do not sadly has no change of winning at this point.

18. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

In that case I'll go with
    [X] Oscar Wilde

19. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

Oh dear. Poor Freddy is suffering discrimination because of his condition. ???

Sometimes you just can't win Furiko. >:D

20. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

He was also gay... so he wouldn't sleep with Kirche.

21. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

22. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

A few more peeps...

[] Koshei the Deathless
    [] Archduke Ferdinand
    [] Ted Roosevelt
    [] Sephiroth
    [] Rue
    [] Carlos Casetaneda
    [] Aliester Crowley
    [] Iago
    [] Caphias Cain, Hero of... Brightwall?

23. FurikoMaru

He was actually bi, Bii-kun. Such fabulousness must be shared between the sexes, it's only fair.

I know, I know, but at least with this option I'm passively doing 'harm' to the guy's memory as opposed to pissing on his grave. I don't think I could take the sheer amount of suck that would arise from me attempting to handle AIDS in a tasteful manner in a quest where the player character is polyamorous. It can be done, but I am not talented enough and I freely acknowledge that.

Koschei I know only by reputation. I don't know Ferdinand at all. Teddy Roosevelt gets too much facetime on the internet as it is. I've never played FF7. Rue is from Princess Tutu? Man, I really need to finish that series sometime. I don't know Carlos Casetaneda. I don't know enough about beastie-boy. Iago would be kinda one-note, don't you think? I mean, when he isn't fucking with people, what is he doing? And, sadly, I have not yet read the Ciaphas Cain books, and I don't know what Brightwall is, if you're going for an additional crossover.

24. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

Here's some more suggestions
    [] Otto von Bismark
    [] Jack the Ripper
    [] Reisen Udongein Inaba
    [] Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden
    [] Lupin the Third
    [] Vlad the Impaler

25. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Rue from Threads of Fate actually...

[​IMG]

26. FurikoMaru

@/////@ So much Lupin! Are you trying to give me a squee-induced aneurysm?

Don't know Reisen, no one knows enough about Jack the Ripper without just flat-out makin' shit up, Otto von Bismarck I don't know well enough (though I know enough to know I don't see a way to avoid a Guiche/Louise/Tabitha/Montmorency/Reynald/Gimli/Colbert/Irukuku/basically any named character duel)., Gustavus Adolphus is too obscure for me as a North American (*is ashamed of herself*).

Vlad of Wallachia I might be able to manage; have you ever read The Historian?

27. Dinya

Uh... Might as well suggest Rasputin, then...
    Wait - no. This one's better:

[ ] Anton Sokolov
    [img width=250 height=600]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121111104035/dishonoredvideogame/images/2/27/Anton_Sokolov_Render.png[/img]

28. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You know... I give up. I'm sorry FurikoMaru, but I sense this quest is not for me.

I do wish you all the best with it, thou.

29. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

I nominate Benjamin Franklin.

30. FurikoMaru

^^ I can definitely see how you'd come to that decision. I'm really complaining a lot, aren't I?

I guess this'll teach me to start these on a whim with so little structure. :-\ Sorry.

I just always feel a little sad when people come into quests late and go, "Aw, damn, I would have suggested (awesome person)." So I wanted to give everyone a chance to really brainstorm.

I didn't factor in how much extra stuff there is about historical folk that I'd need to know in order to run them as characters. I mean hell, Alexander is my childhood hero, and I don't know enough about Aristotelian thought to fully understand his background education and by extension how he'd react to a whole slew of things.

Please come back when this matter is settled and try again. Please?

Added to the list.

XD Why do you guys keep naming people who will actually know what to do in this situation?