1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Der Gebogene wird selber Bieger: Kirche the Zero Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Felius

Felius Experienced.

Some Naruto character maybe? Or if you want to break the setting without dealing with Ninjas, how about someone from Negima?

Gigalmesh? Beowulf? Don Quixote?

2. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Meh, I'm already running a Naruto quest. I kinda wanna do something else with this.

Y'know, in a way, this is good for me. I need to be reminded of how little I actually know about the stuff I'm supposedly good at.

I couldn't get into Beowulf, and I haven't read Don Quixote.

He Who Endured Every Hardship would be ace. If it's the real Gil and not the Nasu version, Ardion'll be in here like we're giving away free milkshakes.

3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] ANTON LAVEY!

[​IMG]

4. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

the thing about historical characters is they generally aren't terribly interesting, or the ones that are aren't well known enough to get the character right.

its basically an OC with the history of a famous person tacked on.

putting my vote for

[X] Sagara Sanosuke, from Kenshin or...
    [X] Kenshin himself.

5. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]Sagara Sousuke

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

FurikoMaru, the thing is... you keep vetoing historical characters and such.

Seriously, Freddie Mercury could easily be brought in WITHOUt the whole Aids thing by a simple enough thing, he was summoned BEFORE he got aids.

But, in any event... good luck.

7. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

huh, i misread that vote then

i keep getting those mixed up.

SOUsuke is the guy from full metal panic, right?

probably be funny because hes so... mentally traumatized and generally unfit to ever be in a civilian populous (sounds more tragic than funny, when i put it like that...)

[img width=600 height=450]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1klTlbciqXY/SmJU2t9Tn_I/AAAAAAAAASM/vqF4a0ru5qU/S692/sousukespotlk0.jpg[/img]

SANOsuke is the big brawler from Rurouni Kenshin, right?

he'd be interesting because he takes no shit and gives no fucks.

[img width=600 height=422]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/102/f/4/Sanosuke_by_ToPpeRa_TPR.jpg[/img]

edit: pics

sano still has my vote, he's not from the same time period, but its closer than sousuke, and he wouldn't be quite as out of his depth without guns or explosives.

then again, "desparate improvisations Sousuke" would be interesting to read. i guess.

8. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] Heroic Spirit Gilgamesh.

Not Servant Archer Gil from F/Z and F/SN; no I'm talking full on Heroic Spirit Gilgamesh, the sonuvabitch who went and made Uruk the greatest empire in the world. The guy who went through all of his trials and tribulations and became a better man from it. The bastard who can wrestle down gods and giants; who beat the Bull of Heaven down with his fist with his BFF Enkidu. The man who Peered into the Depths and Learned EVERYTHING.

So in Nasuverse terms? He got a free ride to the Root and back, just by being him. There was literally a path to the Akashic Records that was walked by "Being Gilgamesh".

I'm talking about a man who can wield each and every weapon in the Gate of Babylon to near-mastery, someone who can summon forth the Road of Babylon and call forth every man who has ever walked upon that road to his side to fight beside him. A man eloquent in both the Unified Language and capable of using High-Speed Divine Words thanks to his boundless knowledge. The man who is grandson to Nimrod, maker of the Tower of Babel and the First Magi; who I'm sure taught a thing or two to his grandson.

...Yeah bitches, don't fuck with the Original King.

9. FurikoMaru

I just want to make sure I can write whoever gets summoned properly. :( I'm not vetoing out of malice, I just don't want to make people out-of-character.

The AIDS thing is just... even if he were summoned before he got it, the historical fact of him having died from it would just hang over the proceedings all the way through the quest, and it'd bother me. I don't want to be disrespectful of the man's memory.

Sano is the one up for voting. Sousuke would be a write in that I... will consider, because I like him, even if I didn't like anything else in FMP.

Graaaah, I ought to have my head examined, willingly giving all of you insight into my finicky cat-ness.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  10. EnderofWorlds

So...any thoughts on the portrayal of Gilgamesh I threw onto the table?

11. FurikoMaru

Onto the list it goes.

... we've gotta find a new way to GM-signal, the old one doesn't work here.

12. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

GM SIGNAL!

Is this sufficient?

13. Creticus

Creticus Know what you're doing yet?

No.

Bringing Nimrod into Gilgamesh's legend is absurd because it's mixing separate mythos. It's like claiming that Tezcatlipoca is the Christian God or that the Queen Mother of the West is the Queen of Sheba.

Gilgamesh has one grandparent of importance, that being Anu. Anu, who sired the gods and goddesses of Mesopotamia. Anu, who ruled the skies and presided over the Anunna as their first king.

14. EnderofWorlds

Sorry; I'm not a big mythology buff, all I know of Nimrod is from the F/SN quest ran on SB that involved him, and that mentioned him as Gilgamesh's grandfather.

Also, contamination of myth probably does play into the formation of Heroic Spirits; so it's probably not that big of a deal. I mean a lot of mythological heroes are tacked on after the fact to the legends of other, how would this be any different?

15. Creticus

Creticus Know what you're doing yet?

Sorry, it's something of a personal sore point.

Some people believe that Gilgamesh is Nimrod, not that he's descended from Nimrod. It's also not something that has entered the popular consciousness. It's so obscure that it's not even going to come up in a general Google search unless the searcher understands that some people speculate about Gilgamesh being Nimrod.

As for the issues of syncretism, you're absolutely right in that as cultures interact over time, their religious stories influence one another. However, there is syncretism, and then there is syncretism. It's one thing to compare Inanna to Ishtar, but quite another to consider the Queen Mother of the West to be the same as the Queen of Sheba. In the first case, both goddesses share the same roles and come from the same approximate region. In the second, the Queen of Sheba, a mortal ruler, has nothing to do with the Queen Mother of the West, who happens to be the protector of female Daoist practitioners in the Chinese pantheon.

Fitting Gilgamesh into Biblical lineages is no more credible than the second case. It's not ramming a square peg into a round hole, it's ramming a square peg into a round hole that happens to be one third its size.

16. FurikoMaru

Yeah, I decided not to argue that point because I know how much everyone misses Prismatic Chaos.

17. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Can we have Kung Fu Action Jesus?

^ω^

18. FurikoMaru

XD Y'mean Aang? I guess so, but you guys know him better than I do.

19. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

No.

I mean, "I rape all your religious beliefs" Kung fu action jesus.

[img width=411 height=600]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Petals100/untitled-151.jpg[/img]

20. FurikoMaru

Is he anything like the Jesus from Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter? 'Cause that Serious Person: Vampire Hunter movie, I did see.

21. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]I meant Sanousuke of the Giant Bfg that make derf look like a dagger.

22. FurikoMaru

That poor Zanbatou. Gets completely forgotten about until that battle with Enishi's goons, and then gets shattered immediately after its reveal.

Sano seems to have a bit of a lead, still. I think if he wins, I'll take him from his walking-the-earth days, in between the finale and the epilogue.

23. HighMongrel

HighMongrel Making the rounds.

So this is what happens when a GM says "what character do you want" instead of defining them from the get go with half vague terms. Interesting

[X] Oda Nobunaga

Failing that

[X] Alexander the great.

24. FurikoMaru

Ain't it just? : D *jazz-hands*

25. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

You know? Fuck it.

Rance.

Alternatively, I'm half tempted to just go with Hiruzen Sarutobi, or something.

26. FurikoMaru

Who is Rance? All I know is 18+ game protagonist.

I'll make a tally in a bit - I just need to finish writing the next Cosmos Quest update.

27. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Kirche summons Dumbledore. Plus Fawkes.

.....Nah, those two wouldn't let her have as much fun.

Hiruzen Sarutobi would be awesome though. Old Man deserves more props.

28. FurikoMaru

He does at that. I wonder what the correlation between chakra and willpower is, if there is one. Is there a canonical age past which learning ninja crap is incredibly difficult?

29. FurikoMaru

[3] Oscar Wilde
    [4] Alexander of Macedon (with a Rider-ish tint to him, but not full-bore) + 1 if Nobunaga isn't winning
    [1] Beethoven
    [X] Talleyrand ('cause fuck professionalism and ensuring a quality product, my libido will not be denied its Bishop of Autun fix)
    [X] Leonardo da Vinci
    [X] Okita Souji
    [X] Vlad Tepes (stupid French settings won't give the s a squiggle)
    [X] Benjamin Franklin
    [1] Oda Nobunaga

[1] Gilgamesh

[X] Mercutio
    [1] Ryuugamine Mikado
    [5] Sagara Sanosuke
    [X] Saito Hajime
    [X] Anyone from Saiyuki
    [1] Dio Brando
    [1] Kuwabara
    [1] Keitaro or Naota
    [X] Sarutobi Hiruzen

I think I should cut off new options here. The list is long enough and it's been a day or so. Plus I'm getting sick of having to say no to people every time it's a character or person I'm not familiar with. :(

30. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

if you do go with sano, i really want him to get a new zanbato.

seriously, it was his signature weapon, even if it only got used twice.

i guess using it all the time would have been too easy...