1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Wily Quest: The Zero Wars

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Latewave, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Tanuki no go in box! Redon

2. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Update ? :eek:
    UPDATE! :D

[X] Plan Redon

3. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

[X] Call a meeting with all our sons.

4. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

... What the hell is redon's plan even trying to do? All I'm reading is "Cause chaos for lulz." Seriously, there's nothing else in that vote.

[X] Winged One

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

No, it's not chaos for lulz, it's chaos for loots IE acting like Wily. I'm having the robots go after it instead of just sending mets. Each generation is responsible for bringing back enough to upgrade one of their members at which point we have more people to throw at the Zero problem, and use a Wily solution of mass combat vs a Light solution of One vs Many. While freeing up our main fighter to focus on taking down the main bad guy. I'm sorry that I can't flesh out a Wily sounding vote when my attention is frankly elsewhere, because getting into the head of Wily is hard when your not able to put your full attention into it, but I already talked to Latewave on what the intent of the vote was so there will be no misunderstandings seen on other quests when votes aren't worded to the exact specifications.

It's basically plan "Go Bigger by using more of our available resources and not have them chill at the base."

There are absolutely zero Lulz involved in this vote. I don't DO lulz votes. I would think after leading us successfully to this point, I would have built up some good faith in the fact that I know what I am doing, but I guess not.

Also, Mega Man is no longer a problem so we can escalate beyond the small things we've been doing and because I WANT Light to bring out X, having more firepower to throw at this problem is a GOOD thing. If he tries to stop our plans with Mega Man we send out Zero and spank him with the message for him to bring someone better next time scrub, end of story.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    ReinZero likes this.
  6. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Blame the update rate for that. I like this, but it takes so long to update I forget a lot. *Shrug*

[X] Redon

7. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Eh no biggie, I know the vote itself isn't the best, and I've tried asking around for better wording since I can't exactly get myself in the right headspace for a Wily'esk vote (I have way too much going on around me atm to break out the psycho laughter and it's not going away for... several days, yay company). Which is why I ran the idea by Latewave before posting it so he knew what I meant more then what I put down as the speech.

The main points I was trying to convey were the fact that Wily was looking for volunteers to get upgrades for the war about to come about, but knowing resources were limited they'd have to pick one from each generation (which makes for a nice 8 btw, gotta stay with the classics) and find the resources themselves but I guess I failed miserably at that.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  8. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Redon

9. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Okay, I'm a blatant idiot and forgot something from very long ago. Okay, you guys need to pick Zero's robot animal buddy

10. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Is this a separate vote?

11. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Right now it's Buddy, remember that.

12. Introspective Tinkerer

Don't we leave that to Zero?

13. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

I think this is less a formalized vote and more a "Help me decide" thing, but I'm not sure and I'll leave that part upto Latewave.

14. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

I'm giving the option because while I will in fact pick something I'm allowing you to have a choice. :p

My animal likes are wierd :p

Darik29 likes this.
  15. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Wily will not do a thing that's already been done, so let's list what's already out.

Generic Bird> Beat
    Dog> Rush
    Wolf> Treble
    Cat> Tengo.

16. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Let's go Rabbit of Caernnabolg route.

17. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

Redon

What about a Phoenix? It would be quite matching color scheme-wise and well, one is fairly difficult to permanently kill off, and considering how long Zero lasts and everything, it's fitting?

18. Introspective Tinkerer

And even then we're not sure Zero didn't manage to bull his way through the crash of Ragnarok. All we saw was a broken helmet.

Anyway how about a Jackal named Anubis? Considering it will be the partner of the first of a new generation of robotic life it also should be something of a new generation. Thus, it's naming scheme shall be different from what came before. After-all, does not Anubis guide the fallen to the afterlife? And anything that comes in contact with the number Zero is nullified.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  19. ReinZero

Given that he doesn't stay dead when killed, amongst other things, it fairly well fits a Phoenix.

Also, your logic/reasoning for a Jackal doesn't exactly make sense despite sounding fancy.

20. Introspective Tinkerer

Why doesn't it make sense?

21. ReinZero

Anubis in mythology is a Jackal headed god. Not a Jackal, nor is the intended meaning you're trying to convey tied at all to Jackals. In addition there are more than quite a few negative only biases of Jackals. Plus "guide to the afterlife" makes fairly less than zero sense in relation to "anything that comes in contact with zero is nullified".

22. Introspective Tinkerer

Is there a reason I can't name a Jackal Anubis? Also Zero and X's names are indicative of their purpose. In mathematics X has limitless potential because it multiplies whatever it is connected to. While zero reduces anything multiplied by it to zero.

Just forget it, I'm babbling now.

23. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

And then we have Big Sister (whom is really the little sister, but hey she totally woke up first) Median getting between the two. As for what companion I'd suggest... hrmm...

24. Introspective Tinkerer

I'm sticking to my guns about that.

25. Ampersandwich

Ampersandwich Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum

Of course, Anubis is primarily completely inappropriate because it's not an obvious musical reference.

As I am a terrible person, I'd suggest instead a lion named Mambo. If you are a less terrible person you may prefer a jaguar or leopard named something like Fugue or Jazz.

:(

26. ReinZero

Any ideas for a Phoenix's name?

27. Introspective Tinkerer

I was going with it not needing a musical reference because it's part of a new generation. X and Zero aren't musical references, they're factors in mathematics.

28. ReinZero

... Is Axl a mathematics?

29. Ampersandwich

Ampersandwich Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum

I dunno. I'd say Gibson, but that would pretty much guarantee that it'd be hacked.

30. Introspective Tinkerer

He wasn't built by one of the premier experts in robotics who were millennia ahead of their time. He was part of an experimental reploid line that had to do with the manipulation of the synthetic DNA that makes up reploids. Though his name might have to do with Axl Rose. But by the point he came off the assembly line the naming tradition had come full circle.