1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Well, I am now glad we got all those extra people. I have a feeling things wouldn't have turned out as well then.

Now for loot! I figure we can take the added Heat from the spine so lets get that. Also I am really amused by everyone thinking us a guy. I guess our voice doesn't even give it away.

[X]Write in
    -[X] Take the Warg Spine, White Warg Cloak, and 1 SP potion.
    --[X] Allow everyone to take what they want. Anshelm should get the bulk of the HP potions though.

[X]Go to another Dungeon
    -[X]Which one? (Wailing cavern)

2. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah I know, Bonus Bosses have a 10% chance of proccing before your ability and you trigger it on the first go. Then your loot rolls...

3. shadowward

shadowward Versed in the lewd.

[X]Write in
    --[X] Allow everyone to take what they want. Anshelm should get the bulk of the HP potions though.

[X]Go to another Dungeon

4. redaeth

I take it 4 of the 10 items being green is atypical.

5. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

For a dungeon this early? Yeah.

Xicree and Arkeus like this.
  6. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Good God, that skill, Al, that skill...

Anyway, there's four Green item drops, so we should share it all.

But...

Anshelm definitely gets the Helm, spear, and chainmail, simply because no one else can use them.
    Maya gets the Teeth, for the same reason.
    Alice gets the Spine, because the threat effect conflicts with Sera's personal skill. Helps with her minor damage as well, though not much if it is by percentage and not by static bonus.
    Sera should take the staff, because it adds range, good for her personal preference as well as ranged spells. Doubly so if it either extends the burst area of her second spell or toss them back further.

Now, the White Cloak is a bit of conundrum. By the equal share idea, we should give it to Sera, but she does not go towards the enemies at all, and there is a smaller chance that caster will target her with fire spells (not exactly no chance).

Maya and Al on the other hand probably will need the extra defenses granted by the Cloaks, because they do stand closer to the melee as Maya circle around and Al stands at least nearby to Anshelm.
    . . .

Suggestion:
    - Alice: Warg Spine, Goblin Spell Pouch, 2 Potions, 1 Amrita
    - Anshelm: Mogo's Helm, Goblin Spear, Goblin Chainmail, 4 Potions
    - Maya: Warg Teeth, Warg Cloak
    - Seraphine: White Warg Cloak, Goblin Staff, 1 Amrita

Reasoning is that Alice will be staying near to Anshelm, and probably will have to ply Potions to herself or Anshelm, since both will have improved threat rating. Of course, this alternate suggestion is also possible.

- Alice: Warg Spine, White Warg Cloak, 1 Amrita
    - Seraphine: Goblin Staff, Goblin Spell Pouch, 2 Potions, 1 Amrita

This one is to ward off damages that might come Alice way because of the Spine with the extra defense from the White Cloak, while depending on Sera to ply Potions when Anshelm or Alice are too busy. This second share plan also depends on the party members sticking together for the next Dungeon.

Offer both options to Seraphine for consideration.

7. redaeth

Seraphine did ask for the pouch. She apparently only went for 1 strength and can only hold 3 items.

8. Grosstoad

Yeah, I think so as well.
    Note, with 3 Str, we might also pound on enemies with our staff.

Also, I wonder if we can sell/drop off our starter gear, because typically online games disallow so, just incase people make new characters to drop theirs, and then have their main character pick them up to sell...

9. redaeth

Well since dungeons are instances that spawn differently for different parties I doubt that comes in consideration. Since dropping something in a dungeon means it disapears when the dungeon disapears.

10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Your starting gear is sellable. If only because the exploit for that kind of thing is impossible. Not worth much mind, but it is sellable.

11. Grosstoad

Just thinking because- Wait.
    +goes to check+

Oh, we get 57 Gilders. Completely missed that.
    So, each one of us can at least sleep once at the Drunk Goblin Inn with what we earned just this morning, and still has 4.25 Gilders each.
    Yay.

Apparently, that is 57 Gilders each. Neat!
    4 nights on the E-Rank Inn, or one quarter the way to an Escape Orb.

Okay, with that, I assume that Anshelm is shucking off his current spear, armor, and helmet, if he was actually wearing any. Maya also does the same with her knives, while Alice and Seraphine exchanges their staves.
    Are cloaks armor or accessories?

That's at least 5 slots (4 weapons + 1 armor) holding used items. Do we return to town or go to Dungeon again?

EDIT: Well, with Maya's Appraise, we can actually just hold on to them and check if Vendor Trash drops can be sold higher than the old gears.

To Dungeon then!

[] D-Rank, Goblin Glade
    Oh, wait. Cooldown damn it.

[X] To another Dungeon: Wailing Cavern

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  12. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

How much XP is needed to get to level 2? That's a pretty important consideration for our future planning. Likewise, do we get back all our SP/HP on level up?

[X]- Alice: Warg Spine, White Warg Cloak, 1 Potion, 1 Amrita
    - Seraphine: Goblin Staff, Goblin Spell Pouch, 1 Potion, 1 Amrita

Basically because Goblin Spell Pouch is something Seraphine really needs, and i think Alice needs as many potions as she can if she has a staff that engender threat. Likewise, our personal skill is arguably why we got such good Loot/XP, so it's only fair that Alice gets the more expensive loot (though i would think Goblin Spell Pouch might cost a lot).

[X]Go to another Dungeon

We got 57 Gliders EACH.

We might want to sell all excess loot before going to Wailing Cavern yes, but i don't know if we have time to sell stuff and go to another dungeon.

Yrsillar?

13. redaeth

Dungeon. If need be we can ask Anshelm to hold the extra gear if someone like Sera doesn't have the spots.

I'm kinda cheering on Al and Maya. Even if Al professed her straightness I can spot that small crush growing. Feed the flames Maya, feed the flames!

14. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Cloaks Are Accessories, I'll do a write up on available slots in the morning when I'm not tired. Your character sheet now lists the needed XP JP to level/rank up too, so check that out. You could return and still make another dungeon run, but you'd be risking some night encounters on the way back.

Xicree and Arkeus like this.
  15. redaeth

Its on our character sheet, so 50/100, we're half way there. SP is going to take a while I think though. We might be stuck at Rank E for a lot of things.

16. Grosstoad

Hmm, I wonder if we can get Bonus Bosses on night encounters...

17. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

"Ice Magic" and "Ice Elementalist" having two different XP bar is interesting. Would "Ice Magic" increase the numbers of spells, while "Ice Elementalist" increase our ability with Ice Spells?

Ooooh, those level up? niiiice.

EDIT:

We should be having Maya appraise everything we find by default now. Even if she wants to betray us, she probably won't tip her hand so early (and if she does, well, good for us).

Looking at Health/SP values of Seraphine, it really does look like she puts everything into Power lol.

18. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

The Job rank will increase everything about the job, including SP bonuses and unlocking new skills. The skill rank powers up and unlocks new spells. Also even if you switch jobs later if you have free slots you can equip Ice Magic anyway.

19. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X]Go to another Dungeon

This seems a sensible combo. Especially since Sera asked.

20. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X]Go to another Dungeon

21. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I honestly think Anaheim should get the White Warg Cloak. He almost died because of the encounter. Plus you always equip your tank and healer with the best first. If they die, you usually follow shortly after.

22. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Goblin Chainmail adds to HP, and he is the only one who can wear it.

Xicree likes this.
  23. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

He's getting the chainmail and the helmet, so that will help him a lot. Plus, with our new staff our threat will go up so I'd like some defensive item to go with it.

[X]Write in

[X]Go to another Dungeon

24. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

There are many many types of equipment to be found in dungeons, shops, and other places, however you can only wear so many at once. The following is a listing of the equipment Slots available.

Hand1(weapon/shield)
    Hand2(weapon/Shield)
    Body(Armor)
    Acessory1
    Acessory2(locked until level 5)
    Acessory3(locked until level 10)
    Jewelry1(locked until level 15)
    Jewelry2(locked until Level 20)
    Bag1
    Bag2

Now you may be wondering, what is the difference between Acessories and Jewelry? In this system Acessories are any piece of equipment that is worn over some part of the body, but is not the primary armor piece. Examples include Cloaks, Boots, Helmets, Gloves and more. it should be noted that you cannot equip two accessories that cover the same part of the body. So no wearing multiple hats or boots.

Jewelry is the slot for very small items that nontheless provide bonuses, such as rings, amulets, or earrings.
    Bags are simply items providing extra inventory slots, though some of these have special effects as well.

Heeeeres another tutorial!

25. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

So the Anshelm wouldn't be able to wear a cloak anyway, since he's got a helmet.

26. brekouh

brekouh Making the rounds.

[X]Go to another Dungeon

27. Tempest

Tempest Not too sore, are you?

[X]Go to another Dungeon

28. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Question, if we unlock a class but never use it or level it up, can we still equip that class' E ranked skills, even at 0XP?

29. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

If you have another Class allowing those skills to go above E rank

Lets see how to put this. Say you picked up a Lightning elementalist Job crystal. You could equip lightning Magic and raise it alongside your ice since it falls into the broad 'Magic' class that the elementalist jobs belong too.

Now say you picked up sword warrior. You could not level swords past E because they fall into the 'martial' class of Job skills. You would have to actually level the sword warrior Job to be able to level skills it.

Arkeus likes this.
  30. junsa

junsa Versed in the lewd.

So pretty much you are saying anything under magic spreads to the rest and the same goes to weapon mastery