1. The Seventh Rule:
    Threads that have been dormant for 1 month are considered dead threads. IF you make a post to a dead thread, it must be a significant contribution; story update, new information on current events, new activity for games elsewhere, etc. Asking if a story or quest is dead or will be continued does not count.
    Brought to you by your oppressive neighborhood ⑨
    Dismiss Notice
  2. After some discussion backstage, I have altered Rule 2 a bit to clarify its function. Please check it out in the Rules post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. After repeated requests and a backstage conversation, I will shortly be implementing an Index subforum in each of the Q&R forums and the NSFW CW forum. Our mods have agreed to do the dirty work of moving said threads, which will be done over the next day or three.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Alerts on thread OP posting are now enabled.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The server upgrade has been completed. As usual, any infelicities may be reported in the appropriate subforum.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. In light of the flood of reports concerning political posts and the repeat offenses of people arguing over the same subject for the last couple months, politics is now banned on QQ.

See the post in the Announcements section for more details.

Dismiss Notice
  7. In the wake of the recent Cloudflare information disclosure issues, we've been asked several times whether QQ might have been affected. QQ does not use Cloudflare in any capacity, and so is not affected by the Cloudflare bug. You may wish to take action regarding other Cloudflare-enabled sites you visit (in particular SV), but there is no problem regarding QQ.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. It is with sadness, that we have to announce the loss of a QQ member. Thunderbolt passed away in his sleep several days ago. We were informed of this loss by his wife using his account.

Be respectful of his passing. Drop by this thread, if you want to say something nice.

Dismiss Notice

Fic recommendation/update Thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Biigoh, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Selias

Selias Experienced.

Affably Evil by Sarah1281. It's an alternate take on her other story, So Not My Problem, where Malak is the one who gets ambushed by the Jedi, rather than Revan. It's only three chapters, so far, but it looks great. She also has a bunch of great Supernatural fics, if you like that series.

Also, So Not My Problem has a sequel, The Jedi Kind of Had it Coming, which follows the plot of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, with Revan along for the ride.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Selias

Selias Experienced.

Madness at the Gate has ended, and Madness Effect by has had its first chapter posted. For those of you not familiar with them, they're part of a series written by ZenoNoKyuubi, about a mad scientist version of Harry Potter, and are the sequels for In the Mind of a Scientist.

Biigoh: Shouldn't this be moved to Creative Writing? There's a sticky for Quest Recs, after all. It might get more use, too.

3. Emdemian

Emdemian A refined lady of the Inner court

Mate, I've got some good news for you.

Thanks for mentioning this amazing fic btw. Read it all in a day.

I was idly scrolling through the reviews when one of the reviewers mentioned that there are several more chapters up at the Dark Lord Potter forums.

I went and found 5 extra chapters there, all the way up to chapter 17. But you need an account to access the page as its restricted to members. I had to register myself.

Heres the link to the thread. The ff.net stops around halfway through page 2 so you can pick up from there once you register.
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=17021

ward201 likes this.
  4. ward201

ward201 Un-Known Member

you are an amazing human being

5. Stricture

Stricture Getting sticky.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  6. Selias

Selias Experienced.

Affably Evil by Sarah1281 and A Protector's Pride by NeoRyu777 have both been completed. A Protector's Pride is NeoRyu777's take on what might have happened if Ichigo had decided to make a deal with his hollow, and fight it, rather than running away from it, or trying to bury it, after the Soul Society arc. It's pretty good.

7. Selias

Selias Experienced.

Tenhawk has updated SCAU-DC Stranger in a Strange Verse.

Also, he's said that he's taking off all of December to write fanfiction. Maybe November, as well, if his new book sells well enough.

8. sunspark

sunspark I trust you know where the happy button is?

So I was exploring SB last night looking for something to read, and stumbled across a real treat.

Blood and Chaos is the story of a Buffy self insert who promptly gets eaten by Drusilla just before the end of season 2. It's got one of the most entertaining villain protagonists I read, ever, and is a comedy that's genuinely laugh out loud funny.

9. Koled

Koled I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dusts off the thread...found something that I have to rec. Mostly because its a MtnN fic and those are rare,even more so postseries ones.

Abraxas a Majin tantei Nougami Neuro/katekyou hitman Reborn crossover. In which contrary to yako expectations Neuro is not performing abandonent play after showing up for the first time in three years and has instead fucked up quite hard.

10. Wootius

Wootius Not too sore, are you?

I'm enjoying this so far. Let's see what Arthur can do about the Horde.

11. ward201

ward201 Un-Known Member

Savage Divinty updated today with a fluff side chapter to keep the editing blues away

A modern man finds himself reincarnated in the body of a young slave with no skills and quickly fading memories. Follow his journey to find normalcy while living in a savage world, filled with myth and legends, monsters and Demons. In a land where the strong rule, the weak serve, and bloodshed is a way of life, peace is a luxury few can afford.

https://ruffwriterblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/savage-divinity-chapter-1/

12. ward201

ward201 Un-Known Member

13. Twei

Twei Adventure Trap: a trap that adventures

I CAST RAISE DEAD.

Deputy. It's a recursive fanfic, but you don't need to read Internship to understand it. Yay for helpful summary! (Still, I'd probably read at least some of Internship.)

Also, it just finished. And it's fucking amazing.

Things Deputy did:
    - Characterized Piggot as the badass bitch she deserves to be, possibly better than canon.
    - Made us sympathize with a bitch while still having her be a bitch.
    - Taylor being a total badass without having powers.
    - Actually, A+ characterization in general, including the handful-ish of prominent OCs.
    - Political/legal intrigue that was actually interesting.
    - Pretty good at fight.
    - Pretty good at feels.
    - LOOK. IT'S GREAT, GO READ IT, REYEMILE IS AMAZING.

14. HircumPrinceps

HircumPrinceps A mysterious goat.

I'll rec Pokemania on Akun. Very much 4chan, but still a pretty good fic, with pretty good characterisation. If you can deal with the fact that feminazis are the current enemy, I heavily recommend it.
    It's very active.

15. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

Anyone here read ASOIAF: Fury and Flame?

An Avatar: The Last airbender and game of Thrones crossover

Azula and her big barge ends up ISOT into Westeros during the Siege of Stormsend in the middle of the Reach fleet. hilarity ensues. Married to Stannis and they have 3 kids.

Choice quote:
    And Ironborn humiliated and the iron mines of their lands used to make the iron hull ships that will crush them again if they try another rebellion.

Links:

AH.com > https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/asoiaf-fury-and-flame.394786/

SB.com > https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/asoiaf-fury-and-flame.408229/