1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaming Stories, Video and Tabletop

Discussion in 'General' started by CptTagon, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

I start suspecting that MecTech dice might me loaded.

2. Artalam

Artalam I trust you know where the happy button is?

Don’t underestimate RPG luck. I’ve seen things...things you wouldn’t believe. I’ve seen the best built ranged fighter never hit a shot in nearly 7 months. I’ve seen someone get max on a d1000000. I’ve seen someone get purely negative effects from an effect that everyone else in the party got powerful abilities from.

What I’m saying is, luck in tabletop doesn’t care for your mortal ‘probabilities’ and ‘statistics’ and ‘balance’.

3. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

there were about 2 ones involved in the charge that knocked him out, a one for surgery, a one for the astral projection. so about 4

which isn't his record yet (there were like 10 ones in the session where he tried making a bunch of bombs previously)
    we use roll20 so unless the site has it out for him....
    I would like to contrast Medtech's horrible luck with Cop, who oftentimes gets multicrit rolls leading to him getting something like a 55 while rolling d10s

Our most recent session had him multicrit on streetwise to track down an assassin who had been attacking and stealing from drug dealers (which included kidnapping his smuggler girlfriend), then the next skill roll he made was a multi crit on resining poisonous gas, and THEN he critted on awareness to see his attacker.

4. Grinnerz

Grinnerz Making the rounds.

So, was playing 3.5 D&D earlier and I just need to share this.

We were descending into the lair of an Illithid crime lord, cutting through its defenses like so much chaff. Suddenly our party came upon the dread Mind Flayer itself. With but a glance the rogue and barbarian are stunned and helpless; leaving our bard, cleric and wizard (myself) to face the boss. Over several rounds we stripped it of the spells protecting it from us, and owing to the absurd spell resistance it had, were forced to close into melee, simply to keep it from killing our comrades. And I do believe I did Muscle Wizards proud this day. Suddenly, my knife crits; the single most damaging hit it's taken. The monster reels, and casts a spell to levitate high above. As it floats away, however, we get AoOs. My cleric and bard companions, though valiant are surprised by the movement of the creature and miss. I make my strike, and lo: another crit! Barely conscious, our target rises well out of our reach. So I do the only thing I can: I yote my dagger at the beast. It flies true and finds an eye, though it is the fall that actually kills it.

And that, is the story of how my str:10 halfling wizard took his non-magical, non-masterwork dagger that he bought at character creation, and named it: "Mindsbane".

5. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

did you have dex and finesse? because I'm trying to figure out what the actual damage counts would be for that.

6. Grinnerz

Grinnerz Making the rounds.

With all the bonuses from various buffs, the crits were each 2d3+8. The thrown hit didn't matter, as he was at 0hp when he was 30 ft. up. And no, I don't have finesse, just buffs including making him denied dex to me. Him being a scorcerer didn't help his hp, or ac once he got hit by dispel three times. And stabbing was all we could do. I'm the best at getting through SR, and I'd have needed to roll a 21 on a d20 to beat it.

7. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I am having another Cyberpunk cult session tonight, one of the NPCs (psychic urchin child who the players are friends with) rolled that he ended up with a magical whale familiar due to my tables from Heresy

Then he rolled that he could fly like a flamer due to having pleased his dark god patron. so now there is a psychic child with a flaming whale companion.

My dice want this campaign to be Metal Gear.

8. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

You should listen to your dice.

Now introduce giant robots and magical bacteria into your campaign.

9. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

It is Cyberpunk 2020 so giant robots are already a thing, and there is a drug which is actually ground up fungi that causes people's brains to be taken over by the Mi-Go (it is Cyberpunk+Lovecraft)

There was also an NPC from a module who we decided to become a running quest giver and confidant who is basically Big Boss

Me: So here is your contractor *Puts in image of Big Boss*

Fixer: Why is he Big Boss

Me: He is a soldier who is "ex-CIA" who still takes jobs from them, and uses his vast network of mercenaries and other contacts to aide the world. He also has massively high leadership, stealth, and other such skills

Fixer: Wait, so he actually is Big Boss.

Me: Basically, that's why I chose this image

Fixer: I am perfectly fine with this.

Cop also has experimental nano machines in himself which make it so he can regenerate limbs and use the body parts of others (by eating them) as a way to get more mass for that. And he got the chaos mutation of Regenerator which lets him come back after death is he rolls a 6-10 and can use luck to aide that a limited number of times

10. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

for like the third time in this game, Medtech got Perils of the Warp and Blood Rain.

Me: *roll dice on how many meters* 10

Medtech: Oh no

Me: Rolling again since 10 is a crit in cyberberpunk. *10*

Medtech:...

Me: *10*

Medtech: Wut

Medtech: Are your dice cursed?

Medtech: Why?

The total we got to was over 5 tens rolled on that, resulting in massive tidal waves of mutagenic blood.

Medtech also managed to crit her way into succeeding in mad science genetics experiments, which with some repeated crits on stat dice resulted in a 13 Int Rat with 18 body with telepathic powers (she had been working on increasing SWOL and psychic powers)

Said rat is intellectual and detached yet incredibly wholesome, valuing all intelligent beings as unique and valuable individuals, a love for music, and valuing his teachers Medtech and her primary drug salesman as they introduced him to chess and language.

We keep getting accidental wholesomeness whilst having incredible evil and depravity (Medtech experimenting on herself to increase body, cool, and psychic powers along with willingly entering in a pact with the dark gods for children whilst seeing millions of worlds that have had their progress in a state of stasis after the embodiment of entropy consumed them)

they also gave the rat cybernetics: interface plugs, and high grade chipware to let it know human languages, history, musical/writing composition, and programming

11. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

so, Fixer and Medtech got Fixer's Rockerboy nephew to start a riot by lying to him about Night City's University refusing to let him in due to his connection to the Triads.

Then they proceeded to use the riots and violence to sneak into the school library, killing anyone that saw them, and steal a copy of the necronomicon, which contains rituals to help them summon Hastur and Yog-Sothoth.

Me: Do you actually intend to use those rituals?

Fixer: Possibly, not immediately though

Me: If you do it is the end of the world, and I might make a new campaign in the future where Earth is the seat of an evil empire.

Medtech: That probably fits, would Fixer be the Emperor while I'm the Dragon?

Me: Fixer would be the equivalent of the Pope to a theocracy worshipping Hastur while you'd be the mother of a new species (Medtech has a massive amount of corruption and has become a multiarmed fusion of flesh and metal that has been given the gift of fertility by Shub-Niggurath and Hastur in exchange for the servitude of said superhuman children).

they've also accidentally made a psychic rat, unleashed another wave of psychic energy that turned all the water in an over ten mile radius into mutagenic blood (including parts of the ocean), and started up a plot to revitalize the highway system while killing any gangs/nomads that hound it to increase their powerbase and set up more drug smuggling.

yet medtech is still surprised when it take his jokes about doing horrible things seriously

Me: So what do you tell your gang to do when you invade the university

Medtech: Kill every last one of them

Me: Well, you are better armed, armored, and trained. And they will happily do it

Medtech: I was kidding!

Me:...Medtech, you mortared a mall and fired machine-guns into it after multiple warnings about the civilians and actually interacting with some of them

Fixer: When did, oh right, Yeah we did do that.

Medtech: Well, I only kill when necessary. do the teachers fight back

Me: This is Night City

Medtech: Oh, if they keep resisting while we try to restrain them, well I just have my guys put a bullet in the back of their heads.

Fixer: Nothing of value will be lost, though also be sure to steal stuff other than just the necronomicon.

Reading the necronomicon gained them more corruption, giving Medtech extra arms and Fixer the ability to turn his hands into maces (he previously did astral projection to communicate with Yog Sothoth and gained a mutation that gives him a random int boost due to constantly getting information from other versions of himself). Studying for rituals gave Medtech the ability to switch bodies with people as well while Fixer learned summoning

Fixer: You can switch with a person and kamikaze your enemies.

Fixer also got more biotech put into him (adrenaline, bone spurs, and toxin glands) with the intention of filling his glands with the psychic blood so he can inject people with it in the middle of combat and cause random mutations as the two of them continue to experiment with it.

Me: You guys are cultists, I have no expectation that you guys are going to be moral. Joking about doing horrible things just makes me think you are being serious given that you've done stuff ten times as bad plenty of the time.

edit

Also Fixer

Fixer: Should I feel bad about lying to my nephew and manipulating him to my own purposes

Me: Probably, you also could have just told him you wanted him to start a riot in part of your plans to consolidate power

Fixer: Oh, yeah I could have done that. I'll make it up to him later.

Vorian, Gregory Crey, Imabot and 5 others like this.
  12. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So, by now, they're pretty much just seeing how far they can go doing crazy shit before everyone else on the planet gang up together to try to take them out before they turn the whole planet into Hell, right? Because I refuse to believe the sheer insanity of that storyline was all an accident.

13. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

oh, my intention is that they end up creating an even worse dystopia by empowering the eldritch abominations and either giving it to them on a platter, or playing into Nyarlathotep's hands.

for their part...a lot of it is them just plain not thinking of the consequences, or rolling stuff that lets me spring the events that move the plot forward

edit

Due to conversations in-game where Fixer was questioning if the X-Men were a popular thing, we ended up doing rolls

Fixer: I'm not sure if I can describe X-23 or not

Me: Wolvers are a thing.

Fixer: Oh right. But I'm not sure if Wolverine is popular.

Me: Wolvers are a thing to the degree that people who are too poor to implant them into their fists instead get hand held versions.

Fixer: So, pretty popular. I guess the movies were good.

Me:...I can roll on it.

Fixer: Go ahead

*2d6 on the technical skill of the director is 12*

Fixer: Dear Christ

*d10 on directing skill is 10*

Fixer: Uhuh

*d10 on credibility is 2*

Fixer: So an incredibly talented newbie

Me: *Rolls directing, is a crit which puts the roll into the high 40s* They were very, very good movies. The MCU is Mutants Cinematic Universe.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Vorian, Gregory Crey, Ohmrond and 8 others like this.
  14. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

while discussing what might go on in our dnd campaign (our paladin dropped out so we have no healer) I mentioned that if my character died I'd make a whip focused Paladin

Warlord/Fixer: So a Slaaneshi paladin?

Me: Do you remember the whole Jesus thing were he whips the shit out of a bunch of bankers who set up shop in the temple?

Warlord/Fixer: Oh right

Me: Also whips+smite is essentially Hermit Purple plus hamon. Dueling with a whip and a shield can get me up to 20AC or higher if I have armor.

Warlord/Fixer: Or Castlevania

Me: That too.

other stuff in the cyberpunk game

Rocker got swept up by a sleazy film producer to make a musical score without ever asking about a contract, and recorded several hours of music for him. Then he got kicked in the head by a rival rockerboy and saved by traumateam

Me: The doctor attending to you says "I'm sorry Mr. Lovelace but you have suffered severe head trauma."

Rocker: "Who?"

Me: do you say that out loud?

Rocker: Yes

Me "You are Adam Lovelace, you might have had some brain damage due to being kicked in the head. See" He brings you an ID card which has your face on it, same birthday, blood type, but different SSN and other information. The picture seems to be recent.

Rocker: *incredibly worried*

Other Players: Oh no

Rocker: Can I check to see what is in the IV in my arm

Me: Roll first aid

Rocker: *15*

Me: You're pretty sure it is Painkillers. Do you try to escape?

Rocker: Well, I'm not sure if I want to be off of those, so I'll just sit here.

Me: You will be there for a day before you are fully healed, and a bunch of men in suits and sunglasses with SMGs on their sides get you dressed, put you in a limousine, and drive you to a penthouse in a apartment building made for corporate technicians and executives

Rocker:...Am I in a fucking suit?

Me: Yes, it is an expensive and flashy suit, seemingly made for your exact specifications to feel amazing.

Rocker: *shudders* Can I talk to the guards?

Me: Yes

Rocker: "Who is your boss?"

Guards: "You are sir."

Rocker: "Who am I?"

Guards: "Adam Lovelace sir, a Chief Executive Officer." *Door closes behind him*

Players: It is his dad, it has to be his dad.

He ended up in a massive penthouse with everything he could ever want and is increasingly distressed as he hides from the servants, can find his clothes, but not his wallet with any of his old IDs, cards, or other stuff. Eventually he did figure out that he could leave the room, though the guards would never let him exit without being guarded.

Me: *rolls* You see Medtech's brother Felix in one of the rooms in a lounge floor. He looks at you, waves, and says "Hello Mr. Lovelace."

Rocker: *internally screaming* "Felix, it's me Steg."

Felix: "Oh, so you met that Rockerboy my sister is friends with."

Rocker: "Look at my face. Who else looks like this."

Felix: "Yes, yes. I know. Bodysculpt doctors can be incredibly unprofessional and just slap on the same face on people if they don't think they are getting paid enough. Terrible, truly."

Rocker: "I have a lotus on my forehead."

Felix: "I understand that you are Buddhist and are proud of your faith."

Rocker: "Who would tattoo a lotus on their forehead."

Felix: "I have met monks who have tattooed entire sutras across their body. It is becoming rather common here due to the religious revival in the city and cataclysms going on."

Me: By the way, the ocean outside is still blood after Medtech's fuckup.

things got exponentially more uncomfortable for everyone as Medtech managed to get into the apartment complex with a guest ID, had to keep calling Rocker Adam Lovelace before revealing that she knew it was him, and everyone was trying to figure out what had happened.

Medtech then failed horrifically in trying to justify being able to be Rocker's sole bodyguard

Guards: "Are you in the union?"

Medtech: "No."

Guards: "Do you work for the company?"

Guards: "Are you EMP proof?"

Rocker: "But I am the boss."

Guards: "We know you have had problems with the board of directors, but sir, now is not the time to be running off with a strange woman."

There was also a lack of Rocker actually trying to use his charismatic leadership, but I did note that he could try to pass of being "Adam Lovelace" pretending to be "Steg" as a hobby.

Their theories so far include
    1. It is his dad trying to groom him as his heir
    2. Rocker got hit in the head at the same time that a doppelgänger got taken out, and TraumaTeam took the wrong person
    3. The enemy AI did it (they have some evidence for this as one of the AI did show up to lock down the building when they tried to leave and had a conversation with them)
    4. Cultists did it

15. Artalam

Artalam I trust you know where the happy button is?

To throw in my theory, the friendly AI in his head had enough of all the risk and the cult stuff, so set this all up.

16. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

yup

Aside from the things he has done by himself, the team have given him access to Biotechnica databases (one of the mega corps highly involved in human cloning and the like) and taken him to various places (Las Vegas, the columbian embassy, and a CEO's private yacht). Pretty much everywhere they go results in the AI rolling to hack the local area to get new access points for information, and they already know that he has been doing business ventures on his own.

The AI just had to use his own connection to Rocker to spoof the biometrics to send a signal to TraumaTeam (he has used money to put their shared body on their Gold List) after spending a long time making his own fake identity as a Corporate Executive through lots of hacking, and doing deals online.

17. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I love this kind of attention to detail. How the players turning the ocean into blood has consequences at every level
    And people literally call it the cataclysm
    why is he actually trying to escape?

18. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

the AI or Rocker?

Rocker just plain hates corporations and refuses to work for or be one so this is kind of his nightmare

Gregory Crey likes this.
  19. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I meant rocker. And I would think he would try to do as much damage as possible to the corps instead of just running

Gregory Crey likes this.
  20. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I would also think he would try to stop rioters or convince people to help him stop the cultists taking hostages in a school, but he tends to not make actual plans.

the only one who tends to make long-term plans is Fixer

21. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

You got me there.

shadowdice likes this.
  22. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

in a bit of wonderful things my players did, well Fixer did

Fixer: What would I have to do for us to have a massive race?

Me: Legal or otherwise?

Fixer: Legal

Me: Do you have a list of people that you know already?

So, Fixer brought up characters who he has interacted with previously, such as a Yakuza member who is sabotaging the current mayor to take his seat, the Mayor of Las Vegas, the corporate executive who is getting drug money from Medtech, and the CEO of Caesar's Palace to justify a highway project that culminates in using the police force and similar groups as a bludgeon to murder any roving gangs between Night City and Las Vegas as they work on the highway system and have a televised race using Medtech's gang to stack the odds in their favor.

Me: Are you trying to do the Steel Ball Run?

Fixer: Yes

Me: I have no problems with this, but we need to do rolls and role-play for this to work.

Multi-crits on Fixer's part and my own dice for character creation led to this succeeding

Me: *rolls on the character creation dice for how powerful, get a nat 100*

Me: This has happened for the first time, and it is for who Fixer finds as the front-man of his front business

Fixer: We have the ultimate corporate Face

Medtech: Am I going to be unsettled.

Rocker: I'm not sure if my character would hate this guy or be scared.

So, we are probably going to have the Steel Ball Run with the addition of lovecraftian monsters and cultists fighting each other since word would get out in their circles that Fixer got the necronomicon.

Fixer, who keeps a shoemaker on hire at all times, almost always dresses in high fashion suits, and consults his nephew for interior design.

He might have intended to become a cyberpunk dystopia dictator.

23. roughstar333

roughstar333 "Exodia, snap . . ."- Thanos

He is on his way to become funny valentine. Well, without the powers, patriotism, and presidency. But funny valentine all the same

shadowdice likes this.
  24. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

he actually gained a mutation by partially contacting Yog-Sothoth which gives him a random boost to Int at different intervals due to being connected to all the other versions of himself in the multiverse.

Fixer's character is patriotic, it is just that his patriotism is a weird mixture of UK and traditional China, also some for Night City or...something I'm not entirely certain

Fixer: *contacts and makes a deal with the Elder Gods due to the Mi-Go invasion in the name of having the power to stop them*

Fixer: *Worships Hastur due to believing him to be the Yellow Emperor and wanting to rule the world*

Fixer: *intentionally buys UK and China made stuff and goes "Nice" when he gets to ride in a Chinese military grade AV*

So he's patriotic, just not technically for the nation he is in. Though he does like Night City, which comes in the form of wanting to rule and control it.

So, powers yes (inter dimensional fuckery though it is mental), patriotism (for a different nation), and potentially dictator of the human race.

25. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

as usual our dnd sessions went strangely

Me: Okay, so I am going to buy a two handed sword since it is better for my character (18 strength)

GM: Montante's have reach

Me: I'll use that

we then went through a bunch of weird stuff after getting a job to infiltrate a hobgoblin fortress and free the priests that have been imprisoned inside

our DnD group has been reduced to my Isekai Summoner, a Half-Elf Warlord, and Gnome Sorcerer so the GM put in an NPC war forged as a part of our group.

Me: Four people versus a fortress

Half-Elf: We know that ranger guy, so we could try to hire him...ugh

Me: We are going to kill Hobgoblins that worship a different god and torture clerics right?

GM: Yes

Me: And we looted that carriage on the way where there was a dead priest.

GM: Also yes

Half-Elf: Wait, did we bury him?

Me:...I don't think so

Half-Elf: Wow, we are shitty

Me: We were escorting a cleric so I just assumed that he would have insisted. But I'm going to head over to the church, look for a paladin, and show him the holy symbol that probably still has blood on it since I looted it from there.

Half-Elf: Okay, so six people.

Gnome: We could hire more guys

Me: Then we are splitting the profit

Half-Elf: Not if they die

Gnome: Yeah, we can just take the money if they die, it means they failed at their jobs.

Me:...What alignment are you?

Gnome: True Neutral

Me: I don't think that is true neutral.

Half-Elf: We could poison them

*we get the ranger*

Me: Is there a river that they get their water from?

Half-Elf: Poison is expensive, and we don't have enough money to get barrels of it

Me: We could just kill a few patrols and dump the bodies in,

Half-Elf: That might alert them

Our cheap alternative to desecrating corpses and poison was to get a bunch of rotten meat and awful stuff from a butcher, mash it in with rations, and mix that with sugar to hide the taste while planning to give that to the hobgoblins

*In the church*

Ranger: This is Jorah

Jorah the Paladin: What are you here for you weakling.

Me: Sir, do you know of the hobgoblins? They have been besieging the people of the land.

Jorah: I heard rumors

Me: My party and I, good people who abide by the law of the church, escorted one of your clerics to the city. one the way, we encountered the hobgoblins and were extorted. Later, we saw what would happen if one were to refuse them *holds up bloodied icon*

Jorah the Paladin: They all need to die.

Me: Yes, our plan is to enter their stronghold. They have imprisoned other members of the faith, and are torturing them. We shall infiltrate it and defeat them.

Jorah: I am not good at sneaking, nor do I like duplicitous means.

Me: No, good sir. We will be walking to their front door. Under the guise of handing you to them, we shall enter the stronghold, give them food in a show of good faith, and when we are brought to their leaders with you in hand, we just give you your sword back and kill them all.

This plan got more complicated, with us setting a fire in the forest to distract the hobgoblin patrols and splitting into Team A (Half-Elf, Gnome, Ranger NPC) and Team B (Me, my Summon, Warforged NPC, and Paladin NPC) with us switching between who was controlling who as there were three players, and enough npcs that we could switch between them.

Team B succeeded in pretty much the entire plan we had for them

Hobgoblins: Why would you hand over one of your kind

Me: *starts speaking in abyssal*

Hobgoblins: What?

Me: Wrong religion, can I learn about yours *succeed persuasion*

Hobgoblin: Oh, oh we get it now. *take the poisoned food that has been flavored so they don't know it is poisoned*

*get led in to a chapel where they behead a priest right in front of us*

Me: *succeeds the persuasion to remind the paladin that there are more people and we need to take out the cleric and other leadership*

*get through the entire service*

Me: Am I able to head towards the priest with our group at the end to be blessed? I tell the hobgoblins that let us in that I would like to learn more about their religion

GM: Roll deception

Me: I'm not lying

GM: Persuasion

Me: *success*

GM: I'll allow it

Me: "I understand that your god is a god of war, a god of order. I am here to present to you both myself and my allies" *gesture to war forged* "This man here is a creature born of both. He was crafted through skill and magic, infused with the divine essence of life for one purpose. War. To be part of an army bound together to enforce the law and bring it to distant lands. My companion is a war lord who saw the chaos allowed by his religion and burned down their temples as he enforced TRUE law. And I am but a humble scholar. Yet, the two of us have seen the Abyss and the evils of chaos. We have risen to this realm to find order, and are happy to learn of your religion* "25 persuasion"

GM: The crowd really likes this.

Me: "I have fought in the wars of the realm and seen that while the crown may change hands, the system does not. It is inefficient and not the true order which could unite the likes. And your god is a god of might and strength, so I shall remind you of it and that ORDER is what shall be brought upon the world" *group had managed to get on three sides of the priest during the speech and proceed to butcher him to death between the seven attacks we have between us*

GM:...I don't think any of them were expecting that.

Despite secret police and a zealot rushing to join the fight, we managed to succeed due to a critical persuade on my end to convince the majority of the mooks that my PC was true order, and killed everyone else

This also included the first time where I got good rolls on melee and damage

GM: After the first secret police member gets slashed by Oda Nobunaga, he was at half health, and you managed to actually kill him with that 19

Me: I look down at the montante "Oh, so This is the weapon I was supposed to be using."

The battles cumulated in almost everyone being covered in blood, and both hobgoblins and goblins being intimidated by us multiple times (Almost everyone in the party has intimidate or high charisma)

Gnome: I want to make sure that they know that very bad things will happen if we don't find my friend alive. *crits on intimidate*

Me: Aren't you still invisible

Gnome: Yes

Me: Oh god, there is just a room full of dead bodies and then there is a threatening voice in his ear

Gnome: I'm going with that.

Vorian, Gregory Crey, Ohmrond and 8 others like this.
  26. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Hilarious

27. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

yes

That session was hilarious because of the cuts we had as well, that and a gnome with the +7 to intimidate

ex

Team A infiltrating and eventually finding a place where everything is suddenly a resident evil puzzle, smash cut to Team B walking straight up to the hobgoblins, seeing a priest get his head cut off, and sitting down

Team A has a open a door right into the barracks and panic they do their best to knock out everyone and get back into stealth mode, smash over to Team B stabbing a hobgoblin priest to death only to get the secret police showing up as a headsman charges at them

Team A try to sneak past a room full of dangerous monsters including a giant spider-snake and manticore only to crit fail while opening a door so there is a massive creak, Team B continues their fight

Team A manage to cover their asses and run away straight into team B which is covered in the blood of their enemies.

Team A: Oh god this place is horrible!

Team B: Hey, we just killed their high priest and all his bodyguards, how are you?

28. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Back in Cyberpunk, they are actively giving the AI power.

Rocker: I don't want to even try to deal with the corporate stuff *eventually did go with being the head of the company* Medtech, can you do the job for me.

Medtech: I want to be the shadow CEO *trying to control a South African Private Military/Police/Shipping company through Rocker*

AI: Do you have the skills to do that?

Medtech:...No, I should look into that *Gets a bunch of expensive skill chips to go with 10 int* Can you help.

AI who has engineered this entire situation: Yes.

Rocker: That's perfect, you just tell me what to do.

Medtech: We are going to take over everything *laughs*

AI:...

29. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I've had a few fun games, but I think I'll simply throw a shorter story around.

We're playing 7th Sea, first Ed, and I've got the wonderful flaw, Starcrossed.

Starcrossed is a simple thing, the GM can activate it when ever they want, and the PC in question falls in love with a NPC of their choice.

Anyway, we're sailing to Not-England, and a privateer ship sails near. The Captain, with long, flowing locks, stands on the quarter deck, and the GM says "Rene." and gives me a look. (Rene being my PC's name.)

I start gushing, having fun with it, and starting to write poetry, with my usual lack of quality, when the Not-German on the group, leans in, and says
    "Ah, Rene? I think that's a man."

I faceplant.

Over all, that was a brilliant campain, with all sorts of bits of fun. Everything from accidently seducing inhuman man eating monsters, to wiping out an Inquisition army because thy didn't live up to our expectation of honor. We went everywhere, had fun doing it, and rewrote the entire political map. Mostly without meaning to.

LurkingInTheDeceit likes this.
  30. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I for one welcome our new AI overlord.
    I mean, he can't be any worse than the cultists who serve the elder gods, created wars, mass slaughter, and turned the ocean into mutagenic blood.

A bit of rampant AI is just what the doctor ordered.
    I honestly wonder if they would be surprised when the day comes and the people actually side with the rampant AI over them.