1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Appeal anyway if they permanently banned you with a stupid joke in poor taste late at night while goaded by people.

2. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

Control is free on the Epic Games Store until the 17th, been playing it for a couple days now and I’m really enjoying it. I like the detail of the setting, the FBC is both amazingly equipped and somewhat competent, while still struggling with some of the more esoteric weird stuff. Powers are fun and intuitive, power upgrade is easy to understand, and the mods are straightforward. Guns are kinda weak, though that’s probably because I haven't upgraded them.

Also, I sent an appeal but haven't heard back. My fate is in the hands of god, now.

Desalis likes this.
  3. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

So, after a nostalgia-fever driven marathon of Nick from Planet Ripple's Lego Rewind Series, the mention of a theme called "Monkie Kid", and the tie-in Series of the same name, that are themed after a Science Fantasy "Sequel" to the mythos of the Journey to the West, piqued my interest.

I looked it up on my trusted sites, and gave it a look. And, despite the 45-Minute Pilot being a rather obvious glorified Toy Commercial (Like, if you know what sets the theme has in its lineup, you can tell pretty easily when they are doing the "This is also a buyable toy!" bit.), the Voice Acting, Music, and Animation are really good, and it's impressive what they can do with character designs while still having them recognizably look like Minifigures. And there are tons of references to the source material all over the place, some more obvious than others.

Also, the Monkey King/Sun Wukong, who acts as a mentor to the protag, is voiced by Sean Schemmel, better known as the english voice of Son Goku, which is just neat.

After the Pilot, the following episodes are mostly around 11 Minutes long, and the "Toy Commercial" aspect takes a serious back seat. It becomes mostly a "Villain of the Week" or "Problem of the Week" deal, with the main antagonist Demon Bull King, or DBK for short, his wife Princess Iron Fan, and his son, Red Son (No relation to Communist Superman), taking center stage in the odd episode. Though the short length of the episodes really make the pacing suffer, and some ideas seem rushed or underdeveloped at times.

The humor is pretty good though, since, despite the Series very likely being intended for an audience less than half as old as I am, it seems pretty self-aware at times, and is often driven by the characters, rather than just being fart-jokes or cheap slapstick, something all too rare nowadays. Also, there are two Demon Brothers with british accents that somehow make me think of Top Gear for some reason.

Anyway, gotta shut up before this turns into a review.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  4. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

If identical twins had a child through magic/science would the kid be a clone of them?

5. Eisen

Eisen Avant Garde

If it's through magic is the science still working fine?

6. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

No, just very inbred.

7. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Phone fell and screen's a bit loose. I pushed it back in with a snap and it's in a bit better, but still loose in a corner.

8. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

AMC stock is likely to jump up soon. A fair number of calls on the stock expire today.

9. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Is there a thread for posting dumb story ideas you’re never going to write but won’t get out of your head?

10. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

That's the vast majority of threads in the CW Index and NSFW CW Index subforums.

11. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

There’s the interest check & idea thread. Lots of the ideas there never pan out.

Amazon Climber likes this.
  12. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

As above, or you can make a snippet thread, which I think has more of a chance for different people to see rather than just people who browse Index or Interest threads.

Amazon Climber likes this.
  13. Amazon Climber

I was thinking of something more general, but thanks!
    I’m surprised there isn’t one of these for creative writing rather than just quests.
    I’ve actually got one, but a snippet is more effort than I want to put into the weird random ideas I get sometimes.

Daytripper and GhostHaxStomp like this.
  14. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

How do you tolerate people with different opinions?

15. Deathclaw 2015

Deathclaw 2015 Master Xehanort

You try to understand their viewpoint, view the world from how they see it.

16. TheMidnightRook

A) You weigh how much you dislike their opinion against whatever things about them you do like and find you care more about the things you like than you do the things you dislike... or...
    B) You don't and try to avoid them

Daytripper and Amazon Climber like this.
  17. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

What kinda opinions we talkin’ ‘bout ‘ere?

Like, most opinions are pretty ‘armless, irregardless of how wrong they may be. If we’re talkin’ somethin’ ya see as a dangerous belief, then takin’ stock of what yer options are might be more useful than stewin’. If ya care enough, decide what yer willin’ ta do that’d convince them otherwise, do that. If ya don’t, either avoid them or accept yer differences.

18. killgore444

killgore444 Versed in the lewd.

Happy 4th Everyone!
    Enjoy this wonderful day!
    I suppose even those of you in England can celibate with us. If nothing else, we're not bitching to you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Imabot, Daytripper and GhostHaxStomp like this.
  19. Amazon Climber

Happy tax fraud day!

20. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Today my laptop was smashed in half by a falling bag (fully packed). It'll be 3 months before I can buy a new one or get the old one fixed.

So yeah I ain't gonna be doing any story updates anytime soon.

kinglugia and wasprider like this.
  21. C10AK

C10AK Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a way to download Mr. Zoat's WIth this Ring, the revised story-only thread? I've tried using Calibre with Fanficfare, but it only grabs the first chapter of each arc as it only grabs threademarks.

22. TheMidnightRook

Just grab from the main thread, it's got every chapter threadmarked.

23. C10AK

C10AK Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Thanks, this works. Is there a way to remove the renegade chapters?

24. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Ignore talking about any hot-topic issues and just deal with it.

25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

John_Oakman likes this.
  26. John_Oakman

Due to work related reasons the 3 months estimate is the sooner. Until next year is the later estimate.

On a side note to put everyone at ease, I'm doing fine financially, actually a little better than usual. Just other reasons keeping me away from buying or fixing the laptop.

kinglugia likes this.
  27. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Oh yeah, forgot you're in the military, IIRC. Could use your bro's laptop or something tho for your writing-related shit.

28. John_Oakman

I don't want to sound like a boot or super moto or trying to sound like I'm actually doing anything important (and there's OPSEC too but someone probably already ruined that), but that's not really practical (and also the reason for my steep drop off in posting since late april) due to current circumstances.

wasprider likes this.
  29. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

You mentally note that they are wrong about this one thing, then move on.

30. Jeff Roy

Jeff Roy I work too much

Anyone know what the rules are for posting a story that belongs to someone else, but you are unable to get in touch with them to ask permission to upload their story?

Are you allowed to post the story as long as you credit them?

Cause I found a really old completed HP fanfic that has basically been removed from the internet, and the author hasn't been seen since 2009.