1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I wish we could put symbols or notes next to people's profile pictures that only we could see so it would be easier to remember whose an idiot and who isn't. I came across someone today that I haven't seen in a few months and I couldn't remember if I thought he was an idiot or if I thought he had good ideas, I just knew that it was one or the other .

GhostHaxStomp likes this.
  2. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

i try to treat every interaction like it’s the first one, because outside of authors I don’t pay much attention to names. I do tend to remember when someone is consistently an asshole for no reason, though.

kinglugia likes this.
  3. QQmember2021

QQmember2021 Well worn.

Noob question: how do you post a gif?

4. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Same as posting an image. Note that this doesn't work if the gif is on twitter, because twitter converts all gifs to mp4

5. QQmember2021

QQmember2021 Well worn.

Ok, because when I post gifs from Reddit they don't always work.

6. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

Question: Do bullies only target people that are their age and younger or do they sometimes go after people that are slightly older then them?

7. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

Bullies attack anyone they perceive as 'weaker' then them. Age rarely comes into it.

8. ThePoarter

ThePoarter Gone for Good

• Rule 8 warning. We don't speak current politics on QQ.
    -Deleted-

Check it out and see how bad things are.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
    John_Oakman likes this.
  9. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

How do you cope with your favorite franchises getting ruined?

10. Daonexus

Daonexus Seeker of the true Dao of waifus

So how does one commision an art piece? I have an idea that I want to see picturised, but I don't know how that kind of thing works?
    How do you even know if the artists art style fits your taste?

11. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Most artists openly advertise commissions on their social media pages, just send them a message and go from there.

12. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

I consider Ward to be Worm fanfiction, and treat it accordingly. Was it written by the author? Sure. Why would that matter? George R. R. Martin wrote a story about Jamie Lannister fighting Cthulhu.

Whenever you think a franchise is ruined by later work in the series, let that be your guide.

Daytripper likes this.
  13. GhostHaxStomp

I go “wow that kinda blows” and after being mad for a while I ignore it. Now I forget the ruined part exists until I’m reminded.

14. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

Evergrande is defaulting on a massive amount of debt Monday. This is expected to have ripples throughout the global economy. Word on reddit is to prepare for a potential market crash in the coming weeks.

15. Otokonoko Culture

Otokonoko Culture {Unverified Trap} {Verified Cake}

???????

16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

A Chinese property developer that’s over $300 billion in debt. It is required to pay back part of said debt tomorrow, which it has already stated it cannot do. The company previously demanded that its employees loan it money or lose their yearly bonus, and tried to get the Chinese government to get it a bail out, but the loans weren’t enough and the government isn’t playing ball. They’re going to need to produce something like $160 million in the next month to avoid being liquidated, and that’s only the start of what they need to cover.

kinglugia likes this.
  17. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

I'll be blunt, this also really, really is not appropriate for this thread and likely falls afoul of rule 8 due to the circumstances surrounding it. If you want to discuss this, you probably should be on one of the sister sites.

kinglugia likes this.
  18. GhostHaxStomp

Sounds pretty fucked.

Anyways I still can’t get a PS4, and my brother wants an XBox but we can’t find one of those either. It’s been a hot minute since the new consoles released, but I feel like I won’t be able to get one until after the inevitable WWIII, which is kind of a bummer.

Can one of you smort ppl tell me when the scalpers will get screwed over enough to stop, or is it a new fact of life at this point?

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

It's being a fact of life ever since supply and demand was a thing meeting the thing that is money.

20. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

I thought Rule 8 was politics, not economics? Either way, I just wanted to mention it. I’ll stop bringing it up.

21. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Politics and economics are inseparably intertwined, like incestuous conjoined twins.

22. Otokonoko Culture

well, my attempt to report you for rule 8 baiting to see if it qualified was rejected, so feel free to talk about it.

23. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

I suppose that is the fastest way to check. Thank you?

24. GhostHaxStomp

Pog. Just had a mega IQ gamer play so extreme my internet cut out. Was playing Modern Warframe, guy in a shipping container and an LMG. Ran out of ammo, no grenades, but I had an ammo box. Rather than throwing it on the ground and replenishing my shit, I threw it in the shipping container and he shot it. Instantly the FBI cut me off because I was too smart for them.

25. Otokonoko Culture

i couldn't really see how it was, and technically the rule is "if you think something is questionable, report it" so it's not even wasting moderator time.

so why is a chinese real estate company having a financial crisis going to cause global problems?

26. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

Because they borrowed a lot of money from everywhere, including from outside of China. That's likely going to be $300 billion that isn't getting paid back. And some of the companies that they borrowed from in turn borrowed money from other places. Covering for the missing money from Evergrande could well put a lot of them in serious debt trouble, creating a domino effect. And even for the places that didn’t borrow money themselves, suddenly having Evergrande’s debt dumped on them will make it more difficult to meet their own financial obligations.

27. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Oh no.
    Oh no.
    Oh no no no no no.

Oh no.
    Oh no.
    Oh no no no no no.

28. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Basically a repeat of the sub-mortgage prime market crash.

Just different country and cause.

29. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Economics, specifically the stock market, work like the orks in Warhammer. Startup companies that haven't produced a single product are worth hundreds of millions of dollars because investors believe that maybe one day it will be successful. Netflix is somehow growing despite consistently being in the red. A company's worth can tank not because of something tangible like sales, but because the ceo said something objectionable

30. ThePoarter

ThePoarter Gone for Good

Economics is more the art of learning how people work and how to manipulate herds to do your bidding without becoming part of a herd or getting into a bubble.

The best economists are usually a bit wacky or weird for this very reason.

On a different note where can I steadily show the books I'm reading in lockdown? Just wanted to make a thread talking about what I'm doing and making a log of it.

Internet sucks in Australia so I can't just upload stuff on YouTube