1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could Jump thru the multiverse what powers would be the easiest to get?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rakjo, Oct 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. RedLightZone

RedLightZone Not too sore, are you?

Right, but I’m talking about when you’re just starting out. The average nerd isn’t going to have the skills to survive yet. It’s going to take time to build those up.

This is also assuming you don’t have the ability to stay in your own home for whatever reason. Maybe a price for such power.

Dragon Ball is probably a good place as any. Assuming you’re in one of the more peaceful periods of the timeline, you can just walk up to the Z fighters and explain your situation. With the promise of bringing back new techniques for the fighters and new science and technology for Bulma, they’ll probably let you do damn neat anything so long as you aren’t hurting anyone

Delta/Soul likes this.
  2. kaazmiz

kaazmiz Waiting for an Issekai Adventure

Virgin Earth's are a prime long term location, provided you have the skills or find support of people with them willing to follow you.

Another solution would be to travel to late 20th century timelines in order to trade for many resources with no restriction on needing ID's or leaving an uncontrolled digital data trail.
    This could also be used to facilitate your permanent basing on a Virgin Earth. A lot of amenities for refrigeration and hygiene can be bought from camping supply stores. Long term storage foodstuffs that don't need refrigeration are also available.

Plenty of dead world to go around and exploit for huge gains. Zombie/pandemic worlds in particular. Provided you have the defenses, though there are a few worlds where humanity is gone with only a few survivors left.
    But I suppose that's the least exciting solution to many.

If you have the ambition for it, plenty of occasions for nation-building in medieval themed worlds/timelines. Early Bronze Age Europe or Asia would be prime picks.

Delta/Soul and RedLightZone like this.
  3. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

Problem with a lot of places that are basically just Earth is that we'd have no paperwork to explain our existence there. So you'd need to find a place where that wouldn't be a big deal.

Delta/Soul and RedLightZone like this.
  4. Ahtu

Ahtu The Perma Thread Muted(in practice).

Hmm, consider how insignificant you'd be in the immediate - If you don't mess with things. I'd say The Elder Scrolls would work best. Assuming you don't get any powers that are exclusive to certain ppl in a world you jump into, like Harry Potter, or Star Wars - And that you get to keep the powers you find in said world. Then the best option is obviously to go somewhere where powers are readily available to everyone, and where more powerful beings are less likely to take notice of you, as long as you don't "involve yourself." Then The Elder Scrolls makes perfect sense. Lots of oddities that get lost in there, and nobody really notices - Not even its gods.

The Magicka of The Elder Scrolls is incredibly versatile, everyone in there produces it. And the progression has no known upper limit - Not even godhood. So learning some basic magic from each school, getting a book here and there should mean a lot. A great basis for when you move on to another world.

If you can get just any base power, from any world you enter. Then The Gamer is ofc a given.

A complete answer to all of this is simply requires more context. But assume that I got the ability to travel multiverses, and there was a good chance the gods of The Elder Scrolls verse would not pay me any attention?(there should be a good chance, weird shit like that happens all the time there) Then I'd start with The Elder Scrolls verse. Once I'd been there, and I've started to use some of its magicka(which just exists naturally there), I would eventually start to generate my own magicka - And I should be able to pull that ability with me when I leave.

Another option would be Naruto, although here it would depend upon if I adapt to its world or not. Assume that I don't, and it would just be useless and dangerous. Same with Star Wars and The Force.

Moshuko Tensei would be another great place to gain powers. But mainly because of Hitogami, and his war with Orsted. It wouldn't be a great place to stay.

Fact is, that very few settings with powerful magic that is commonly available, are especially safe.

That is not to say they don't exist, they absolutely do. But it's mostly odd slice of life-esque fics where ppl go to different worlds. And they rarely explain exactly how you can get magic there, when it's all safe. So you kinda have to work by assumptions.

When we're talking a safe world to finally end up in... Ironically, ASOIAF is actually incredibly safe in the long run. For someone with powerful magical powers. The low-tier magics of ASOIAF just don't pose a threat to say: A Jounin ninja from Naruto, or something more powerful. Like say someone with "The Gamer" system from "The Gamer" Manhwa? Everything from ASOIAF suddenly just becomes easy pie to you.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    Rakjo and kaazmiz like this.
  5. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

I am honestly not too sure about this one since I was under the impression that all Magicka comes from the Tamerial's sun, which itself is a hole punched into the realm of Aetherius by Magnus and not something that people innately generate. So people's ability to recharge mana is just them absorbing it from the environment. I'd imagine that you would need to stock up on magic replenishing potions since your constitution may be similar to having been born under the Atronach Birthsign, which prevents mana regening via resting.

Rakjo likes this.
  6. Ahtu

It originates from there yes. And that is how ppl come into contact with it, originally. But according to the lore, ppl also regenerate it themselves, from themselves. Even in places within Oblivion that are deprived of it. Though it does end up slowing their regeneration.

Think of it like this: Nirn is filled with magicka that comes from The Sun and Stars(supposedly holes torn open by Magnus and the Magna-ge, when they left for Aetherius). And it permeates the world of Nirn, which causes those living there who uses it, to develop their own magicka reserves - Making it a natural part of them, rather than a foreign substance. Like how actual Dremora Atronach's(not artificial ones) are their own magicka furnaces, with an elemental bend to them.

The Sign of "The Atronach"/"Golem"/"Warmachine" is actually a proof of my point. Because it speaks of something mechanical, and unliving. Something that doesn't naturally generate its own magicka, because it is not alive. It has to be fed magicka from living beings to keep existing. Something that is only sorta true with Atronach's, depending upon your POV. On one hand summoning one from Oblivion, doesn't mean you generate its own magicka - But you have to use magicka to keep it on Nirn/Mundus. But on the other hand, if you create it artificially(which admittedly is only a thing in some of the lore), it will be sustained only by the magicka that you feed it. How it all works depends a bit on "which dragonbreak/timeline you fancy."

But my general point stands. Living things generate their own magicka, once they've incorporated magicka into their being through constant usage. Which is why it can allow you to eventually ascend into godhood I'd bet. Even if you don't mantle some other god.

So admittedly, with the shit-ton of dragonbreaks that make up The Elder Scrolls universe. There's probably some takes where ppl DON'T naturally generate their own magicka at all, and it's all just pulling in the magicka in their surroundings passively(make little sense for all their tours in realms of oblivion, or how locations rarely if ever seem to matter for how quickly they regenerate). But you'd ofc choose a version of it, where it IS a thing.

Dubious if new arrivals would have any birthsign assigned to them. But it's even more unlikely that the effects be as extreme as in Oblivion. Because it feels like such a monumental thing would get a lore mention or 2.

Rakjo likes this.
  7. Bear_Mint

Is that lore about how reality in Elder Scrolls is just a dream and people that realize that will either disappear or become godly because they affirm their existence still around?

Vorian, Rakjo and Ahtu like this.
  8. Ahtu

That is sometimes noted as a theory to be be mental switch on someone's a ascension to godhood. The last sort of barrier to fully grasp. It should be noted that it generally seems to be more theory and speculation than fact tho. Although the hints in that direction are pretty strong. But other explanations are given elswhere too. Especially by the Psijiic.

I recall there being 4 theorized methods of ascension. And 3 of them are pretty much all outright confirmed. Although the details are a bit slippery. And mantling is by far the most common.

PS. Your summary is a lot simpler than the process seems to be tho. They basically have to do the whole "grasp the world as it is." Not just "accept that it's a dream."

Rakjo likes this.
  9. Bear_Mint

Some more easy-to-access (but not guaranteed safe to get) magic systems/supernatural stuff
    • Mistborn's Allomancy
      • Requirement: Just consume some Lerasium
    • Tensura's Magic & Unique Skills
      • Requirement: Enter into the world with a strong desire and wishes (a collection of good lived experiences helps to)
    • Shinza Banshou Avesta of Black & White's Commandments
      • Requirement: Swear an oath that you won't violate and receive a boon as compensation (the stricter the better)
      • Warning: World is a shithole and likely to get spotted by an omnipotent bitch
    • Huntik magic & titan evocation
      • Requirement: Acquire an amulet with a titan inside and successfully bond with it.
      • Features a wide selection of spells that range from movement, energy blast, intangibility, and mental shielding.
      • Possible to snag an amulet from evil men-in-black-looking goons or somehow join the Huntik foundation
    • Demon's Plan (Both Name of Object & Series Title)
      • Requirement: Magic device that turns the user into an ageless demon and gives a supernatural power based on desire
      • Warning: This may feature hidden dangers that weren't explored due to the premature original publication's cancellation.
      • Warning#2: The guy handing it out is a demon.
      • Warning#3: Transformation may fail if the desire is too weak
    • Ancient Monkey Magic (Kim Possible)
      • Requirement: Collect four monkey totems and let them zap you with their energies
      • Get superhuman strength and agility plus instinctual knowledge on how to do monkey kung fu (but may not be able to use it immediately).
    • Dark Souls/Elden Ring Magic
      • Requirement: Be faithful/intelligent enough to cast them (and maybe have a strong soul).
      • Some spells are just found on the ground or next to corpses.
    • Campione's Authorities
      • Requirement: Kill a heretic god.
      • Good luck, literally.
    • 3S Perpetual Energy Nanomachines (Mondaiji Taichi)
      • Requirement: Get some of Sakamaki Izayoi's blood (dry blood from battle counts)
      • Powers: Superhuman capabilities plus unlimited energy generation by breaking thermodynamics.
    • Computational Orb (Youjou Senki)
      • Requirement: Steal one from the military
      • Warning: Being-X may be watching
    • Perk-a-Cola (COD Zombies)
      • Requirement: Drink
      • Cons: Zombie-infested locations
      • Possible Con: Temporary Effect
    • Adventurer Card (Konosuba)
      • Requirement: Join the guild and pay the fee
      • Advantages: Gamer status plus the ability to learn skills
      • Cons: Possibly can't procure the cash for it and possibly can't speak the local language. Possibly need to spend time in fantasy Australia to get EXP and skill points to purchase skills.
    • Source Magic (Misfit of the Demon King Academy)
      • Requirement: Negotiate and convince Eleonore to give an artificial source for you. Shouldn't be too hard as long as you aren't an asshole as she is a nice person.
      • Advantage: Potential to use the best reincarnation spell in anime and the rest of the spells on this list.
    • Witch Factor (Re:ZERO)
      • Requirement: Ingest some weird stuff in a box that the priests of the witch cult carry around
      • Cons: Chances of ego death and personality alterations if you ingest one that isn't compatible with you.

You can end the war prematurely by giving Orsted a lot of mana-replenishing potions from Nirn. That's literally the only reason why he doesn't just go all out because he is saving his mana because his regeneration rate is abysmally slow. Plus, you are an otherworlder, so you are immune to Hitogami's mind control bullshit and just need a way to hide from his all-seeing eye ability besides staying in a location that is rich in mana concentration.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  10. Ahtu

Unquestionably wouldn't work. First off, Elder Scrolls has Magicka, not mana. It's distinct from what we can tell. And every game, and every mention makes sure to note that it is idd Magicka, not Mana, or even just magic/magic power, magic pool, etc.

Secondly, Hitogami's power is first and foremost foresight, and being out of his metaphysical reach - Which is what generally stumps Orsted. So even if he with these advantages could theoretically take down Hitogami one day - It wouldn't be anything immediate, and the risks would remain. All the more so when Hitogami would see you as another blank threat. Someone's who's not part of the "world pattern" that he reads, so to speak. Another Rudeus that comes from another world. He off you in some completely unpredictable way.

You may last a few years, until he's figured out that you're the source. But after that, it won't take him long to orchestrate your death. And without absurd amounts of personal power, it's quite possible that not even Orsted could save you. Much like with pre-time-travel Rudeus.

11. Bear_Mint

Mana potions from another setting then. Aside from that, Mushoku Tensei is increasingly sounding like a terrible place to get powers from. Also, iirc, pure otherworlders (both body & soul) don't have access to any of the power systems in MT. So no swordsmen aura or mana. Probably a better place to go to get technique training rather than get a place to get new powers.

Ahtu likes this.
  12. Ahtu

/shrug. We were talking worlds to take a quick dip in to get some powers. Not a world to stay in before. That was the original premise. And under those circumstances it's grand. Hitogami's responses are slow and unpredictable, and that's after he's actually located the source of his problems(it's not usually slow to find his targets, but he can't see outsiders, or their butterfly actions in the world correctly - Which slows him down).

Going by original lore. If you sat down camp in some remote village location for 5-7 years, Hitogami should not have the time to find you, and deal with you. Unless you start influencing relevant events in the world in some sense.

Which means you could have half a decade to train up your powers safely. When you really only need a few months to build up the basics and move onto a safer world. Which I would do. Let Rudeus and his kids have their journey and deal with Hitogami. No sense risking derailing all that for no reason, only to risk your own life.

13. Bear_Mint

You are likely to stay for a few years unless you have a method of instantly learning the sword techniques in this world via sight. Having a teacher helps speed it up but getting them to teach you is the tricky part. Especially since you can't speak the language.

14. Winterwell

Winterwell Versed in the lewd.

Shame so many settings operate on exclusivity, and in some powers are like diseases you don't wanna catch.

Like Azeroth is apparently bathed in multiple addictive and twisting energies.

WH40k makes no secret of how nobody has it good.

Honestly, somewhere like Negima is a good, if still risky point.

You can study, train or transform yourself by whatever native means you can get your grubby hands on and it could be a good bridge for stuff from other worlds.

Heroes of Might and Magic features high fantasy armies and collision of hax that causes. You know shit's lethal when one of humanity's crises starts with collecting troops going from hire halberdiers and archers and swordsmen to more extreme but still reasonable tame Griffins and look up magic wielding monks to the bonkers get the angels aid pronto or we are fucked.

If one had means of catching souls and plenty of scum to harvest, Devil May Cry's God of Spacetime will happily lighten your ghost wallet in exchange for outright stat upgrades, styling on your enemies with a personalized upgrade in fighting skills (whatever weapons you use for that) and local critters occasionally turn into weapons on defeat.

If one considers baseline humans a race that's pretty much weak to everything, something like using DxD's Sacred Gear Sephiroth Graal can do wonders to get rid of so many limits damn near instantaneously.

Course wishing upon a Dragon Ball (Z) Dragon of any level will do the same, but only however much you can remember to cover seeing how its villains either fail or have seemingly the dumbest weakpoints.

Delta/Soul and Vorian like this.
  15. Bear_Mint

There are probably some CN or KN novels where the MC gets a special item that allows them to break their limits and become a god in the end that we can snag. Though since this form of multiversal travel is described in the thread, we are likely to be able to appear in any fanfiction world that is significantly popular I'd imagine.

Delta/Soul likes this.
  16. RedLightZone

I like this because it reminds me of Mage the Ascension from WoW. Only there are no gods, but rather the universe itself weighing the collective actions of humanity.

do you think elder scrolls magic could measure up to WoD Mage Magic?

17. Bear_Mint

It has its pros and cons. I doubt that it will be able to match WoD Magic on the high end, but on the street level, it shouldn't be that much of an issue since WoD Mages need to worry about Paradoxes while ES Magic doesn't have that restriction.

18. Ahtu

Eeehh. More like 2 such energies. Fel and Void. Power can be a rush at high enough levels regardless, but none of the other ones are innately addictive at all. And the best option is quite obviously The Holy Light. It has a piercing effect(especially effective against demons, undead, void, and evil things). And its specialization are healing, purification, protection, strengthening, retribution, and resurrection. It's almost as great at dealing damage due to a mix of its strengthening, purification, and piercing effect. At least once you've reached a high enough level to start throwing around things like Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, and Holy Wrath.

It's also very easy to get started on, as it mostly operates off of faith in it, good will, moral compass, and experience handling it. Rather than any exact knowledge.

The serious flaws are the kind of things Arcane is great at. It's not grand for opening portals, quick short range teleportation like blink, conjuring food, telekinetic and esoteric magic. And it's not meant to do the work of nature magic, to make things grow. Only restore them back to a healthy state.

Overall though, while most Warcraft magic can be used in the same way as most other Warcraft magic energies(to greater or lesser results) - I consider The Holy Light to be superior. It just does most all the essential things better, and is much harder to cut someone off from using. Like how Druidic and Shamanistic magic can be cut off from users through highly corrupted environments, or pollution of The Emerald Dream. Or by the elements simply whimsically refusing to work with you(though to be fair, that's usually because they consider you guilty of heinous deeds).

You don't actually have to speak the language at all, although it would help immensely. You see its magic is not actually bound to chants at all. The words in chants help guide the intent, but you can simply imagine what you want to happen, if you understand the complete process involved. And so you can literally slowly start making your own magic, and don't have to know it at all.

For someone with meta knowledge about that world, there's actually no direct need for a teacher. Although it would speed things along to have access to one.

The greater worry is that because you're not born there, you might instead end up as Shizuka. Without the ability to work the world's magic, and with it instead starting to slowly poison you - Because you're slowly overloading, and can't use it up.

WoD? I was thinking Warlords of Draenor but... I'm not sure what you mean.

Does Warcraft have some sort of equivalent of mages ascending to some sort of godhood? I can't recall anything like that...

Edit: Oh, looked it up. Nope don't know that world. Sorry.

The closest similar I can think of is WMW Magus ascension. And that follows closer to typical cultivation novels, and uses waaay too many resources to be practical after you skip to another world.

No every time I look things over, I come back to the same conclusion: Magicka. It's the only one I can think of with such a lack of limits, resources, exclusivity, or long-term need for teachers or books. It can be helped by all those, but by no means need it.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  19. Winterwell

Stellar Transformations - Meteoric Tear (half a soul/medical attainments of the previous God of Life it either allows you to shonen train despite being in xianxia by replenishing whatever you are recklessly wasting and adding potential on top or just get both halves and become new god of life. That may be 5-6 below creator of a world, but that is still tons of reality warping juice if you are outside the setting's hellhole known as divine realm where everyone who becomes even the flimsiest god ends up or is born into as one).

Systems - very unreliable. Go from it could be anyone stuck on this can become omnipotent to its actually a malicious/programmed/enslaved thing that's fucking over 90% of your progress or waiting for you to finish fattening up before harvesting your now divine grade body/ cultivation base.

Ring grandpas - basically same. Webnovels feature as many of these doing the JJK thing where the sealed monster won't mellow out or take you under their wing regardless of whatever fondness you imagined as there are kind teacher oriented ones.

Terror Infinity's God energy/rune type machine would be amazingly useful if you could somehow claim ownership of it instead of being thrown into its testing realms like thousands of one shitty 1 star gacha units in hopes that will produce a single five star. Maybe if you had a mighty programming entity like Belldandy of Ah, My Goddess! willing to rework the thing into a nice little stats provider/bloodline adding vending machine.

Desolate Era features "visualisation techniques" which are guarantees to empower and nurture one's soul, fiendgod refining techniques like the volcano one where dunking your body in lava or magma for total time of 90 days means your body has become a Xiantian lifeform (at least 200 years of life, massive improvement in all areas, as expected of the easy to fulfill requirement, its the weakest fiendgod refining one can do), ki techniques which are a straightforward absorb refine affair and that later on feature nice pay to win options like sacrificing a treasure to empower one's internal ki universe to prime quality.

Bleach's Hogyoku is something like a cheat of its setting. So long as you are able to polish yourself to a high level, inserting it into yourself and fusing with it will start leading you towards transcendence over time, sped up if someone fights you.

Mythical xianxia fruits and plants seem to just be, eat and enjoy effects even if you are a common mortal. Though their effects are often utility or unwanted. The massively life extending ones are most precious, there's also those that offer stuff like super senses or strength or some other exotic ability but will leave you with weird consequences like sprouting baby arms on your head, losing facial features,.......

Jojo's Hamon users can only weep if their world is one with a bitchass Red Stone of Aja instead of the chad Saint Corpse.

There's settings where its a specific place/world changing you towards "superior" attributes like (can't remember the name now) the survival novel where tons of people with houses(that they had to plant first) and chatting each other across a board gradually start becoming more after their mass isekai happens (in span of couple months they become able to fight humongous mutated beasts and monsters head to head, develop respective abilities and talents - like mystically based researcher, bee keeper so attuned he can select bees to develop towards not just summon potential but also specific attribute growth types of honey, pint sized power girl making martial arts ordinary survivors can train to attain some imitation of her physique,.....).

Terraria features Heart Crystals, Mana Crystals so physical and magical reinforcement is a go. Even if you don't grab equipment there are also some consumable trinkets for increased regens or perma luck buffing.

If an energy type doesn't play nice or many types are too scattered to all raise up, its better to find and focus on one comprehensive growth/high ceiling type of power.

It can be manga, shonen, western based, don't matter. It really depends on personal needs and necessary for living comfy in one's chosen environment.

Let's say a mecha setting. Its basically either ultra special shit or high numbers of war weapons. Better have all around survival abilities and defense negating means as basics (Gourmet Energy of Toriko for exmple. Become highly adaptable to all conditions and powerful enough gourmet energy can manifest as an attack that eats the enemy and whatever they try to dish out at you).

Medieval setting, mundane or fantasy. Top spellcaster with home comforts and means of hiding/running from unwanted visitors. Harry Potter wizards, most kinds of spellcasters of Heroes of Might and Magic (be they witches, seers, entire academies of sorcerers these guys seem to manage to live a hermit style life in a world where wild armies and ones led by heroes constantly trample around with magic of their own and plenty aggression to blow off), mages/sages of Fire Emblem (Athos being the coolest one, 1000 years old, S class mastery of all magic types and still researching more into the truths of the world instead of growing frailer or weary).

Ahtu likes this.
  20. Ahtu

They're usually part of a cultivation journey, and either just poison if you ingest them too early on. Or their effects end up being of nominal use.

There is however something to be said for various super-hero compounds. Like the Super Soldier formula, Compound 5, Devil Fruits, or various places where you can get power from eating a Dragon's Heart.

Which all reminds me that both One Piece and Eragon's worlds would theoretically be universally available to those who either train to obtain Haki, or learn The Ancient Language and train to feel magic, or at least telepathy.

There only seem to be a mental block thing going on in the world of Eragon towards magic. Some can breach it, some can't. Frustration and pressure seems to be the best catalyst. Probably just a bridge you need to build in your mind.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    Delta/Soul and Vorian like this.
  21. Winterwell

Better the random Fountain of Youth, healing magic/nanobots or something third pulling hard in this department and then train in whatever, no matter how impossible it should be for a non native.

Once one starts thinking about it, there's too many places where you are cut off from the start (Azeroth humans came about very differently than most other kinds, and its not easy to relate to ones from settings like Diablo either) due to origin.

There's places where humans have enhancements so flawed you wouldn't want the due to all the demerits like any Resident Evil virus.

Then there's stuff that's definitely good but sorta mid in gains when looking at what kinds of danger and scale across the multiverse can await you on the other side of a portal (the super easy, barely an inconvenience mix and matching of supernaturals from Underworld movies only to get outshone by the newer phone, er, successful experiment).

Its in the end really more about what you want to achieve and which path you are most comfortable progressing on.

Being a pure fighter, nonstop cramming and exploring science to make something like Full Metal Alchemist's Alchemists, becoming a psychic, stealing/begging/buying a racial change or even just bloodline empowerment, lazing about until snatching a wish like with a genie lamp or something else (definitely not Shikon no Tama of Inuyasha though, that's shit's evil intrinsically and from the hundreds of monster sould inside powering it) is all viable options if one can pull it off and survive long enough barging into various worlds in the first place.

Delta/Soul likes this.
  22. Silly Dragon

Silly Dragon I'm a Reader, barely a Writer

I don't know if it was already mentioned but wasn't there a Power Stealing Anathame from Charmed?

23. RedLightZone

I meant World of Darkness

24. RedLightZone

That's fair but in that case wouldn't you only be restricted in WoD? Like if a mage was taken out of that universe, wouldn't the paradox not be a thing anymore? The only reason it exists is because every mortal ever is an unaware mage and their collective consciousness makes reality static because they think that's how it is.

With that in mind, do you think Paradox would still apply to a Mage outside of WoD? And would it be possible for us to become mages when we step into the WoD since we're aware of how the world works or would we need to do something special to become mages?

Either way, I think the best place to start magic is Kenja no Mago. It's simple, effective, non-exclusive, and easy to become overpowered. Best part, since magic works with your understanding of how the world works, like science, it should be possible to attune yourself to the magical energies of other worlds and copy the same effects. It would just take study and practice.

Vorian likes this.
  25. Bear_Mint

I honestly don't know. Reality in other settings operates differently than in WoD, so it may be easier or harder to affect it than in WoD depending on where you go regardless of whether you are affected by paradox or not. Nasuverse for example will most certainly stop you from affecting reality with the Counter Force, while other settings like DC & Marvel have reality guardians that will beeline towards your location if you get too greedy with the reality warping.

There are actually two kinds of mage countinuities. One of them is from Mage: The Ascension and the other is Mage: The Awakening. The Ascension Mage gets their power from a part of their innate soul, so we are locked out of that by exclusivity. Though the Awakening Mage we may be able to unlock by going on a dream journey towards one of the watchtowers of magic. But it also comes with the caveat that their powers work slightly differently than their Ascension counterparts.

Vorian likes this.