1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity Shounen Explosion: Kick Logical Plot Development in the Face: A Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Darkened, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

... given how close the Boy vs Girl vote is, I'd like to put forth the suggestion that "The Power Of Darkness" might have the backlash of causing the Protagonist to change genders, possibly at random... which, lets face it, is actually pretty common in Shonen series these days, and thus fitting with the MO.

2. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Boy please, anything so long as it is a boy.

3. Hextroyer413

Hextroyer413 Not too sore, are you?

Change my vote to the female keyzer soze bandwagon

4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Hero (Yes, that's his name)
    [X] Boy
    [X] Generic Japanese High School
    [X] Angel!(What! Since when were you the bad guy?!)
    [X] Laugh! This is going to be awesome.
    [X] Escalate (Awaken the "Power of Darkness").

5. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X] Hero (Yes, that's his name)
    [X] Boy
    [X] Generic Japanese High School
    [X] Angel!(What! Since when were you the bad guy?!)
    [X] Laugh! This is going to be awesome.
    [X] Escalate (Awaken the "Power of Darkness").

The rise of a Dark Kingdom, opposed by the forces of good, like angels, magical girls, and talking animals.

6. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

[X] 3 Bob: (DefectiveHumanModel, BFldyq, Heaven Canceler)
    [X] 9 Hero (Yes, that's his name): (Diller, codeRR, Drakebane, Alexander, HypoSoc, Melfician, Xicree, Kinglugia, Robotninja)
    [X] 6 Keyzer soze: (MHLord, Ct613hulu, boredbird, Nekraa, Hextroyer413, Malcolmo)
    [X] 1 Kirk: (Guile)
    [X] 4 Rain: (Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, dreadis, inverted_helix)

[X] 14 Boy: (Diller, DefectiveHumanModel, codeRR, Drakebane, Alexander, Malcolmo, Guile, HypoSoc, Melfician, Xicree, Hextroyer413, Heaven Canceler, Fellgar, Robotninja)
    [X] 9 Girl: (MHLord, Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, BFldyq, Ct613hulu, boredbird, Nekraa, dreadis, inverted_helix)

[X] 1 Generic American Highschool: (mkire)
    [X] 20 Generic Japanese High School: (Diller, MHLord, codeRR, Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Drakebane, Ct613hulu, boredbird, HypoSoc, Nekraa, Xicree, Heaven Canceler, Hextroyer413, dreadis, Alexander, inverted_helix, Melfician, Malcolmo, Kinglugia, Robotninja)
    [X] 1 Generic Japanese Magic Space Fantasy Hero School (You're actually ironically failing all your hero classes): (DefectiveHumanModel)
    [X] 2 Space Military Academy: (BFldyq, Guile)

[X] 1 A Giant Marshmallow Man: (Heaven Canceler)
    [X] 14 Angel!(What! Since when were you the bad guy?!): (Diller, MHLord, Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Drakebane, Ct613hulu, boredbird, HypoSoc, Nekraa, Xicree, Hextroyer413, Malcolmo, Kinglugia, Robotninja)
    [X] 1 Delinquent zombie martial arts master demon/monster things: (DefectiveHumanModel)
    [X] 3 Giant robot: (Alexander, Guile, Melfician. mkire)
    [X] 3 Hungry looking demon/monster thing: (codeRR, dreadis, inverted_helix)
    [X] 1 That girl you like but never approached or talked to, is wearing a tutu and wielding a chainsaw!: (BFldyq)

[X] 17 Laugh! This is going to be awesome.: (Diller, MHLord, codeRR, Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Drakebane, Alexander, Ct613hulu, boredbird, HypoSoc, Melfician, Nekraa, Xicree, Hextroyer413,Malcolmo, mkire, DefectiveHumanModel, Robotninja)
    [X] 3 You can't stop here! She might be in danger (that girl you like but never ever confessed to or approached): (dreadis, inverted_helix, Heaven Canceler)
    [X] 1 Kind of worrying, actually. Just because you know you won’t die doesn’t this can’t hurt a lot. Just because you’d probably get an improbably awesome robot replacement is no reason to want to let this thing tear off your real arm.: (Guile)
    [X] 1 Have a heart attack and die.: (Bfldyq)

(Escalate- 17/22> Escalating)
    [X] 1 Escalate: (DefectiveHumanModel)
    [X] 12 Escalate (Awaken the "Power of Darkness").: (Diller, MHLord, Uvigz, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Drakebane, Ct613hulu, boredbird, HypoSoc, Nekraa, Xicree, Hextroyer413, Malcolmo, Robotninja)
    [X] 1 Escalate (Summon a giant robot!).: (codeRR)
    [X] 2 Escalate (into each generation one girl is chosen to become a Slayer): (dreadis, inverted_helix)
    [X] 1 Escalate: Your spark of madness erupts and you <strong>Know</strong> how to improve the giant robot so it is twice as killy, and five times as orky. Also Orks is made for winnin, and you're going to win this fight.: (mkire)
    [X] 1 Excalate (Every time you die, your soul fuses with your killer, or you weren't killed, your best friend, resulting in you become a new being with the powers of both. This continues ad-naseum): (Bfldyq)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You stare out the music room's window, watching the winged people. They float around the school, perching on ledges and on roofs, sweeping down to strike the rare student who dares flee the building. Outside you see a car pass by, failing to notice them—the angels—entirely. These angels remind you of nothing so much as white crows.
    Do you wish for power?
    You don't know why they appeared after the last bell, took the school hostage or started attacking everyone who was at club activities. Granted, it has to involve you somehow...

Regardless, you've ducked into the music room to watch what's going on outside. Sure you could try to slip out the back, but it's just so much more dramatic here, what with the sheet-covered instruments, the giant piano in the center of the room and the window that points out to perfectly catch the light of the setting sun.

The room's liding door slams open and A blonde haired beauty with snow-white wings enters. Two two fairly generic looking guards fall in after. Her hair is long and straight. Her body is tall and slender and clad in armor far more ornate and, well, skimpy than the full-body armor of her companions. Her piercing sky-blue eyes level on you and she steps forward.

“Does thou...” She starts to address the class without introduction or explanation. Unfortunately the sound of mad laughter cuts her off and she gives you the strangest look. Man, who'd be crazy enough to laugh at a time like... Oh it's coming from you. Well, that's different then. You have every reason to laugh in this kind of situation. This is your origin story after all! No need to go through the whole-long winded explanation.

“Anyway, the exposition's probably pretty boring anyway so let's just assume that I'm the person you're looking for and get to the whole first battle thing already.”

The angel pulls something from a pocket and examines it... Where does that outfit even have room for pockets in the first place.

“Tis so. Then, I beseech thee, for the sake of this world; please die!” She tosses whatever that thing is aside and raises her hands. Light coalesces, gathering in her hands to form an impossible brilliance that hurts to see. It grows brighter and brighter, more and more concentrated until it seems solid. And then it is solid and the angel holds a massive sword, almost as long as she is tall and covered with engravings of flowers.

“Anyway, before we get to the whole trying, and failing, to stab me for the greater good thing,” you laugh good-naturedly, “could you tell me who actually says 'tis'?”

Sure you should be taking this more seriously, but this is your intro damnit and you don't want it ruined by some mediocre-half hearted thing like that! Still she probably put a lot of work into sounding that awful, so you should let her down gently.

“I mean, even for cheap verbal tics, using really fake old English is pretty trashy. Stop treating popularity so lightly! Your audience is going to be a lot more jaded than that level of wannabe moe will manage to win over! If you don't get this seriously, you'll end up being dropped to an extra or something!”

The angel stares at you for a long moment. She cocks her head to the side, then frowns. “I did not comprehend the barest word of that, but I infer from thy tone that it was meant to speak ill of me! Thou who dare mock such noble endeavors, do the honorable thing and die!” Without another word she charges at you, swinging wildly

You grin. Super awesome magic powers in 3.... 2..... 1.... you're not feeling particularly super or awesome yet and that sword looks really sha...
    Do you want power?
    You stumble backwards, bumping into the piano and running out of space to retreat. Okay, calm down Hero, this can't be the ending, you're going to get super magical powers any second. The narrative tension just needs to be a little higher or something so stop smirking and start looking panicked already!

The angel steps forward, beautiful eyes staring down at you proudly. Slowly she lifts her sword over her head. Powers any second now. Yep, any second.

“I'll ask thee once more. Die complacently for the sake of the world!” Hell no this isn't...

Do you want power?

And there we go.

“Yes of course. Now hurry up already!”

“I shall forgive thy earlier barbs then and remember thee as a noble soul who died so that the world might know peace.” The angel takes a deep breath and her sword falls as if in slow motion. Well now you can...

Just like that? This is a really suspicious offer from a strange disembodied voice you know. Shouldn't you be a little more skeptical for a while at least? Treat this kind of thing more carefully. I bet you're the kind of guy who falls for email scams all the...

Goddamit; you throw yourself to the side, dodging her swing by a hair's breadth as the fancy angel sword slices through the piano behind you as easily as a knife through butter.

“Didst thy courage fail thee at the last minute?”

“I got it I got it. Anyway, I accept! Just hurry it up please. I don't exactly have all day you know.”

Angel girl looks at you oddly, then adjusts her blade and charges, advancing faster than you thought was possible, faster than you can see, faster than you can think. Is this how you meet...

Darkness surges around you to meet her floating through the air like inky smoke, taking shape around you and blocking her attacks easily.

You pause to laugh melodramatically and cup most of your face with one hand.

“Mahahahahahahahahaha! Mahahahahaha! Thank you, you mooks, for being the sacrifice that let me show off my slumbering power!” Maybe you should tone the laught down a little, you really are coming across like a villain here. “Now, beg for mercy before the magnificent Hero and I may decide to spare those pitiful lives!”

The female angel's two more generic buddies (they even have face-concealing helmets!) take the opportunity to charge you, suddenly tolerable light flickering into swords. You don't really have a clue what you're doing, but that doesn't stop you from doing it anyway! Darkness congeals around you, shaping itself into a wall that easily stops both charging angels. A stray thought sends it rocketing forward, sending them flying back into the far wall. Both collapse bonelessly, leaving only the female angel leading them intact.

“As if bastards too generic to even get a single line of dialogue could possibly threaten me!” Shadows swirl and writhe around you, exploding out of control and tearing the music room apart.

“Fool! What hast thy done?” The angel flies backwards, attempting, and failing to escape the cyclone of darkness around you. Okay, maybe you should tone this down a little.... You have no clue how to stop. Well, no time to learn how like the present? Right.

[ ] What do?

[ ] Escalate?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] What do?
    -[X] First: kill the bitch with shadow blade through heart. Say something cheesy about gray morality before she dies.
    --[X] If the strange disembodied voice is still there, greet it properly with your name and all and ask what it can tell you about the bargain and your new powers.

8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] What do?
    -[X] First: Corrupt the angel into your first fallen angel waifu. Bind her limbs, gag her mouth, and whisper sweet, sinful hora hora into her ear, even as your hora hora her wet hora as the rest of your shadowy tentacles began to touch all over her body, pleasuring her in ways a pure being like her couldn't imagine. Also, remember to lock the door upon successful capture~
    --[X] If the strange disembodied voice is still there, greet it properly with your name and all and ask whether it would like to join in the fun~
    --[X] Upon finishing corrupting our angel-chan, politely ask what it can tell you about the bargain and your new powers.

9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] What do?
    -[X] It looks like you've been targeted due to some prophecy or something. That kind of self-fulfilling thing is overrated and overused. Better try and break it now before it becomes a real plot point instead of some background reasoning.
    --[X] "What have I Done?! You're the ones that have attacked my school and set me forth on a path of DARKNESS." (For now.)
    ---[X] "Take responsibility for ruining my boring daily life!"
    ----[X] Start figuring out your power set without killing the mooks. That'd ruin your dramatic statement.

10. Undying Litch-King

[X] Take the Cell Option and pull a Matoh Sakura by dragging the Angel-Girl into your Shadow/Inner Darknes/Driac Sea/etc, thus corrupting her ala Saber Alter and gaining access to her Template.
    [x] Gain Fallen Angel-style Wings and the ability to, and knowledge of how to, manipulate your Darkness the way the Angels were using their Light-based powers, thus granting us some battle-ready skills without long hours of training or more questionable deals with the voices in our heads.
    [x] Gain Gabriel (does she have an actual name yet?) Alter as your first Follower/Minion/Dark General, with her too becoming a Fallen Angel and inexplicably loyal to you... possibly a partial-Tsundere, as well.

[Escalate] You've gained your first Minion, and as such are now considered a "Dark Lord" and are involved in the "Shadow Games" that determine the rulership of the Supernatural Underworld. As such, while you can now recruit more minions to your Dark Kingdom, you are also now subject to attacks from not only the Heavens, but also rival Dark Kingdoms. Enjoy.

11. LightMage

LightMage I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] What do?
    -[X] It looks like you've been targeted due to some prophecy or something. That kind of self-fulfilling thing is overrated and overused. Better try and break it now before it becomes a real plot point instead of some background reasoning.
    --[X] "What have I Done?! You're the one's that have attack my school and set me forth on a path of DARKNESS." (For now.)
    ----[X] Start figuring out your power set without killing the mooks. That'd ruin your dramatic statement.

12. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] What do?
    --[X] "What have I Done?! You're the one's that have attack my school and set me forth on a path of DARKNESS." (For now.)

13. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] What do?
    [X] You could just kill her, but she did have spoken lines and a face. Clearly she must be a character of some importance. Therefore you'll knock her out and tie her down.
    [X] While you're waiting for her to get up try to contact that disembodied voice again. After all, it should have some information about all this.
    [X] When the angel wakes up, likely after your chat with the voice because after all that's how things go in stories, get her to provide you with exposition then drag her along with you.
    Uh Heaven, it's "have attacked my school" not "have attack my school"

Besides that, our guy doesn't really strike me as the type to be sad about losing his boring normal life or use that as an argument. That and I think we already killed the mooks.

14. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

The vote was not originally from me. I just copied it from the Person that voted next because it seemed good. My original one involved being all melodramatic and acting like we were Holding back our power to give the Angels a Chance to flee so we could get a eternal rival that actually feels some attraction to us.

But it didn't look like it was winning so I joined what looked like the most likely vote to win.

Don't think we killed the mooks, at least there was nothing saying that they are dead and I expected Angels to be a bit more sturdy. And obviously the whole Thing about ruining our normal life is just a ruse to get the angel to stop trying to kill us for a bit, or maybe confuse her.

15. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] No no, clearly she's destined to be a recurring character. We can get at least a couple of miniboss/midboss fights out of her!
    [X] Beat her with your sword - nonlethally - and then run off laughing. Begin as you mean to go on, right?

16. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X] What do?
    -[X] First: Corrupt the angel into your first fallen angel waifu. Bind her limbs, gag her mouth, and whisper sweet, sinful hora hora into her ear, even as your hora hora her wet hora as the rest of your shadowy tentacles began to touch all over her body, pleasuring her in ways a pure being like her couldn't imagine. Also, remember to lock the door upon successful capture~
    --[X] If the strange disembodied voice is still there, greet it properly with your name and all and ask whether it would like to join in the fun~
    --[X] Upon finishing corrupting our angel-chan, politely ask what it can tell you about the bargain and your new powers.

17. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] What do?
    [X] You could just kill her, but she did have spoken lines and a face. Clearly she must be a character of some importance. Therefore you'll knock her out and tie her down.
    [X] While you're waiting for her to get up try to contact that disembodied voice again. After all, it should have some information about all this.
    [X] When the angel wakes up, likely after your chat with the voice because after all that's how things go in stories, get her to provide you with exposition then drag her along with you.

18. Malcolmo

Ah okay.

Why would you want an eternal rival though, when we can capture her? We could pump her for info and try to corrupt her if you guys want someone who has some attraction for you. Letting her run is unlikely to result in that.

As to the ruse thing, why though? We already have her on the ropes. She's trying and failing to run away and is unable to get out of our cyclone. We can end this fight on a whim. The only real difference lies in whether we keep her or decide to let her go.

And I'm not so sure random mook angels are suited to getting thrown at walls at high speed by darkness. It sounds like the sort of thing that tends to off mooks unless they're really lucky.

19. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

[X] What do?

20. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Indeed. Capture and corrupt.

21. Malcolmo

Yeah. Though I'd rather we not try to corrupt her via shadow tentacle rape, at least not initially. Mainly because our control over said shadow tentacles is rather poor at the moment and because I'm not so sure that's the optimal way to corrupt an angel.

22. LightMage

LightMage I trust you know where the happy button is?

Considering that this was made out of NSFW section, I'm thinking those kinds of things aren't really where this quest should be going.

Moar Dakka and Shounen Explosions, less Wafiu collection. (I'm just talking in general to the corruption voters)

23. Hextroyer413

Hextroyer413 Not too sore, are you?

[X] What do?

or

[X] What do?

Vote change

24. Malcolmo

My vote's to keep her around. We'll try corruption, preferably via talking her into falling, after we get info and aren't still at school.

That and it doesn't carry the implication that we might stop playing the villain which is what really turns me off that vote.

25. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Flooding people with evil energy is a well known method of turning them evil. Normally, the protagonist would save them, but here we are the protagonist.

26. Malcolmo

There's a major difference between flooding someone with evil energy and tentacle raping them. The latter only works if it's a hentai.

27. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Hmmmm, as we are apparently in the SFW part of the forum *teach me to click on the things in the list up top* I'm guessing not a hentai /laugh

28. Undying Litch-King

Right, since I'm hoping to prevent people from losing interest in this Quest, I'd like to try breaking down exactly what I'm hoping to happen from here.

1) I would like to see Angel-chan (who needs a decent name) to become a recurring character, either as a Rival or potential Love Interest... or both.

2) Hero needs to learn to use his new powers, either by figuring them out for himself, copying those of others or making a deal for the skills with the Voice In His Head... which I'd like to avoid for now.

3) We need to set up the storyline. Who are we/what are the Origin of our powers? Who are we up against? What is the goal of all of this, and what do we want to do about it?

4) We need to expand the cast a bit, even if its just introducing Hero's family and friends at this point.

Are there any points I missed? Does anyone else have something they want to add?

29. Malcolmo

Well I'm planning minionizing the angel though I'll go with any waifuing plans you guys decide on.
    Powers wise that goes without saying. Though depending on just what we can do I am going to have fun coming up with tricks and techniques.
    As to storyline, we're probably some foretold super villain come to ruin all that is good or something equaly evil which is why we get angels sent after us and offers from voices in our head. As to what I want to do, well villain protagonist sums up my goals quite nicely. Maybe take over both heaven and hell while we're at it.
    As far as cast goes, it's only been two updates. We'll run into more characters soon enough.

30. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Stabby Stabby- Alexander
    Hora Hora- Lugia, Robotninja (Hextroyer?)
    Genre Savvy Indignance- Heaven Canceler, Light Mage, C613hulu
    Suddenly be able to absorb people- Undying Litch-King
    Knock her out then try to talk with yourself- Malcolmo, Diller, Drakebane, DefectiveHumanMode, Hextroyer(?)
    Classify her as a recurring midboss and defeat appropriately- Guile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The angel tries to dart through your writhing darkness and strike you, only to get knocked back as one throws half of the bisected piano at her. You totally mean to do that. still, she manages to block most of the blow with her body and quickly rises to her feet.

Okay Hero, time to stop worrying about controlling whatever the hell this is and worry more on knocking out the homicidal angel. She's probably a recurring character so you'll be gentle and not kill her or anything, but you should probably at least stop her before she hurts someone with that sword...

“Okay fine then!” Concentrating, you raise your hands and slam them together, bringing two waves of darkness crashing into the angel from either side. “Hah, take tha....” the second your attention wavers the darkness construct collapses and an irate angel charges at you with a, now brightly glowing, sword.

“As if an amateur such as thyself couldst defeat mine personage!”

You gather your power into a blade, sending it flying at her, only to gape as her sword swings downward, cutting through it easily.

“The hell? Why are you competent? Shouldn't my first battle at least be easy to show off how cool I am now!”

“Foolish lout! No matter how drunk on power you become, simple flailing willst always fail before an accumulation of skill through due diligence! Thy formless constructs might suffice to eliminate mere angels, but against a principality such as myself focus and a coherent form will obviously triumph!”

Wow, she couldn't be more expositiony if she tried, could she? Right, then you just have to condense your own power down into a more manageable shape! So... How do you actually do that?”

“So, thanks for the advice, but, how do you actually condense power into a form like your sword?”

“A strong image and a pure heart are.... I shan't fall for thy vile trickery fiend! That power thy grasp will surely destroy thyself and the world and I shan't facilitate such endeavors!”

And yet she actually told you when she asked. Anyway, you just need to condense your power. Right, form an image of some kind of weapon or something and... You try to focus, gathering your power tighter and tighter within your hand. More, more more! You open your eyes and start to laugh, just in time to dodge the rapid swing of an overly aggressive angel.

“H-Hey! Give me time to unlock my power-ups properly damnit!” Still, you don't have any skill at weapons and it's hard to think up an appropriately protagonisty form on the spot like this. Like, you should probably go with something conventional and fairly simple, since a main character isn't usually the one with that complex and tricky power-set.... Right, angel trying to kill you!

You lash out as many times as you can, sending waves of dark energy to slice into everything, the angel, the ceiling and the floor! Brute force it is! Or rather, as long as you can make her keep her distance...

The angel blocks effortlessly, sword spinning as she seems to dance around your strikes, cutting each with a burst of light that scatters your darkness into mist every time the two meet. It's all you can do to stop her from getting closer and some part of you wonders how you managed to survive before this power woke up. Still, there is one advantage you have against her!

The ceiling above her gives way, unable to withstand the collateral damage from your wildly inefficient missed attacks. You'd rather not damage the school like this ut Seeing the danger, and so used to blocking every incoming attack, the angel spins and interposes her blade between herself and the rubble.

Unfortunately for her, while your magical darkness dissipates when blocked, her absurdly sharp blade simply cuts through the rubble without even altering its course. The poor angel has just enough time for a panicked 'EEP' before large chunks of concrete impact solidly with her skull sending her crashing to the floor. Her sword, armor and wings shatter into light, leaving behind a most decidedly human looking girl behind. Her two minions still have the full angelic look though...

Well, good thing she's fundamentally the idiot type! If she thought to dodge that you might be in real trouble. Anyway you just need to find some way to tie her down and... your darkness continues to lash out, damaging everything nearby. Well, she's more or less covered in rubble so that will restrain her some. Now...

“HEY! Mysterious suspicious voice in my head, can you hear me?”

You have only to ask, oh overly trusting master. By the way, do you want a bridge? I happen to have one to...

“....” This is going to be a long day, isn't it?

Hey, I'm not the one who just decided to trust the mysterious, probably evil, voice in their head right away, for all you know I'm going to eat your soul or something?

“Putting aside the fact that you probably wouldn't say that if you were actually going to eat my soul, could you maybe give me a hint on how to control this? As happy as most of the students will be if school is canceled for repairs...”

You only need to wish for it to stop and it will. Or is the urge to show off that new power of yours too strong to overcome? If that's so...

You can feel something move through you and the darkness subsides to nothing. You don't think you could call it out even if you wanted.

“So, what can you tell me about what happened just now?”

You've been born to inherit me _________, and since angels and all that stuffy light people keep saying things like 'don't go destroying the world' and whatnot, they decided to kill you off before you could awaken. Odd that they'd entrust defeating me to a mere principality though. There's probably at least one or two from the second sphere here. You wouldn't possibly be a match for them in your current incompetent state.

You frown as you hear its name, or rather as you fail to hear its name. The syllables simply refuse to stay in your mind, as if you were hearing some incomprehensible alien language for the first time.

“Oh, your powers don't match up after all that bragging?”

Of course my powers are enough to crush something like a few dozen angels of the second sphere! But, in your current state you can barely draw out the barest hint of that potential, and you can't even make it take a useful form. Besides, do you even know how to fight if you could materialize a proper weapon? And it's far too soon to try and summon me completely...

Damn, well, ignoring the fact that these powers are really suspicious for the moment and it's definitely glossing over the details of why it's so hated, you should probably take a

[ ] Hold your ground and keep talking. No one else has arrived yet, so you might still have some time. If you can get a better handle on your powers before then...
    –- [ ] What form of weapon should you try to make?
    [ ] Take the angel and run! Sure you'll be a lot slower if you try to carry her, and you may not even be in good enough shape to manage, but..
    [ ] Just make a break for it. You might be able to sneak away if you run while everyone's drawn to this battle...
    [ ] Write-in

[ ] Escalate?

(You guys can be as strong as you want, but if you want to actually be able to do things like learn to control your powers effortlessly, insta-subdue opponents, brainwash or corrupt, etc, etc you actually have to vote to be able to do it.)