1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity Shounen Explosion: Kick Logical Plot Development in the Face: A Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Darkened, Jun 2, 2014.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Hold your ground and keep talking. No one else has arrived yet, so you might still have some time. If you can get a better handle on your powers before then...
    -- [X] What form of weapon should you try to make? A pair of knuckle dusters, with hidden claws ala Wolverine.
    -- [X] After that, you should find ways on how to corrupt your angel waifu...hey, it's your Power of Darkness and all, right? So Corruption is totally a thing for you, right?

[X] Escalate.
    -- [X] Awaken your ability to be able to corrupt others through a simple ritual involving bodily fluids, tentacles and cocoons.

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Just make a break for it. You might be able to sneak away if you run while everyone's drawn to this battle...

3. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Take the angel and run! Sure you'll be a lot slower if you try to carry her, and you may not even be in good enough shape to manage, but..

Gm, is it possible for us to to draw some darkness into ourselves and use that to help us move around+carry her? Basically a stealthy way to buff our strength and puppet our body around should we need to.
    Or is our control too weak at the moment?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

[X] Take the angel and run! Sure you'll be a lot slower if you try to carry her, and you may not even be in good enough shape to manage, but..

5. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Your control isn't weak. I mean, weak control is a lot better than what you have at the moment. Sure you could take some serious time to learn how to use stuff, figure out if such is possible and learn how to do it....

Or you could vote any application into functionality. You wouldn't even need to stick to using your current powers to do so you know.....

It's only a vote away.

6. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X] Hold your ground and keep talking. No one else has arrived yet, so you might still have some time. If you can get a better handle on your powers before then...
    -- [X] What form of weapon should you try to make? A pair of knuckle dusters, with hidden claws ala Wolverine.
    -- [X] After that, you should find ways on how to corrupt your angel waifu...hey, it's your Power of Darkness and all, right? So Corruption is totally a thing for you, right?

[X] Escalate.
    -- [X] Awaken your ability to be able to corrupt others through a simple ritual involving bodily fluids, tentacles and cocoons.

7. Malcolmo

Uh guys, can we not pick a weapon with extremely short reach to fight opponents with swords? Don't forget that unless we escalate we won't have any clue how to use said weapon. Pick one that's easier to use without much experience and/or that you can cheat with while using. Taking advantage of the fact it's made of darkness to make it extend and retract at will for instance.

8. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] Escalate.

9. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

You could totally just escalate some weapon skills to help guide your creation....

Not that you have to or anything or that that would necessarily be a good idea or something that would help you out in the long run at all, I'm just trying to tempt you to the dark si offer friendly suggestions to help you evaluate the full range of your options. That said, stuff like reach is only a limitation until you figure out magic martial arts to defeat all weapon techniques....

Also going to go ahead and note that this is SFW. And that you're a shounen protagonist. You can vote for anything, and I'll try to write it, but I'd kinda rather this not end up being tentacle-rape harem the quest. I don't have anything against that persay. But I'd really rather this stuck more to over the top comedic action manga parody than going for anything that explicit. Especially since I'm already writing another mind control/corruption themed quest elsewhere on this site.

You're welcome to keep trying to push for villainhood! I'd just really rather this stay firmly in the SFW category.

10. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

[X] Take the angel and Run!
    [Escalate] Hero is obsessed with Shonen Manga, and his powers apparently work via visualization. Lets combine these facts and get him to manifest... Tenza Zangetsu! This would not only give him an appropriately "Dark" weapon (considering the whole black flames effect), but also an automatic boost to his Speed and Strength as it condenses (something we've already been told we can do) Hero's "Power of Darkness" back into himself. Heck, done this way as a manifestation of our inner power, we may even be able to tap int "____?____" to use his/her/it's fighting skills, as an added bonus! :)

11. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

12. Legend of Ruina

Legend of Ruina Moderator

[X] Escalate. Well apparently you can't keep the angels whole post corruption but you can effectively devour their souls.
    Effectively I'm intending this escalation as giving us a method of powering up outside of escalating further. We accidentally wound up making the Angel'sower ours instead of making it like ours but eh one word differences and all that.

13. Hextroyer413

Hextroyer413 Not too sore, are you?

[X] Escalate.

14. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Do you mean like, turning them into Spirits that serve us or something like that? Using escalate to get Servants/an evil army could actually be fun as it doesn't make us overpowered unecessary early on. (Which would be pretty boring.) Or we could unlock/find legendary magical weapons, find an old god that wants to make us his/her Champion etc..., all things that can be neutralized or countered when the other side is careful, so there is still a Chance to make it interesting.

15. Undying Litch-King

Sure, when I give up on the idea of pulling a Dark!Sakura and turning our enemies into Minions is when everyone else seems to like the idea... that's kinda depressing, you know? :'(

Seriously though, I still say that we should do something with our MC's Shonen Obsession, and getting him to try to shape his powers by copying the powers of various "Dark-based" Heroes seems like a good idea... well, to me, at least. Seriously, something like Tenza Zangetsu (Dark Flames, and its already been mentioned that he can do "Compression") plus Magia Erebea (Dark Magic that works by compressing and absorbing other Magic, both his own and those of others attacking him) seems like a good combination to start with. Since it seems that we're basically the Green Lantern of Darkness at the moment, I don't see how it would be too hard to Visualize things like this, and then pull a bit of Shonen Magic to make them real/permanent. That's basically the point of the Escalate option, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  16. Malcolmo

Guys please take into account that untrained newbie with knuckledusters vs sword users ends very poorly no matter how weak or unskilled the sword user is. Hell, even a trained user vs a sword wielder is unfavorable at best. Choose a weapon that's not so likely to get our guy killed trying to use.

17. Heaven Canceler

Swords are not really that great, well unless you are without a weapon. It is just that People are obsessed with them. A good Counter for swords are spears because of higher reach and such, though if they are supernatural bullshit swords, it is Kind of unfair.

@Litch-King: I don't really want to make Dark Sakura, Tentacle Rape, Super Dark Corruption Enslavement. I want more like minions from the already dead angels, because why not take responsibility from our deeds? And I think we could a bit more original than using what has already been used by others in fiction, at least give it a new appearance/form and call it different if nothing else.

18. Undying Litch-King

No sweat, I was just kidding about it by this point. By now I'm actually liking the idea of Angel-Girl being the recurring Arch-Rival that we'll eventually wind up joining forces with in the face of some other Ultimate Big-Bad, or something like that. Possibly with some romantic overtones along the way.

On another not, and not to sound too desperate to get someone (anyone) to respond to it, what do you think of the idea of getting Hero to try to copy/base his powers on the abilities of other Shonen Protagonists, given his previously stated obsession with such stories?

19. Heaven Canceler

Well, it is okay so Long as not every power is just a copy of something he saw in a series or something like that. Mixing originality with stuff that already existed in one Piece of fiction or another is always interesting. Of course he could also come to the conclusion that he can do it "better" than whatever character did in the series he uses as Basis.

20. Malcolmo

I'll take anything so long as it's easier to use then knuckledusters. Besides, I mentioned swords because that's what the angels we've fought thus far have used. Not because I want us to use one.

21. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Don't Escalate

22. mannan

mannan Versed in the lewd.

Question. If we escalate, does that mean our enemies get stronger in proportion, because that's usually what happens in Shounen Manga.

23. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Sometimes! Rather than flat out linear power increases though, think of it more along the lines of plot complications. Every time you escalate you introduce a new challenge. Sometimes this may be simply enemies getting the same upgrade you did. More often you'll introduce new factions of enemies, rivals, terrifying curses you need to beat, etc.

You also can probably power through everything by escalating far enough at once. It would probably be a relatively boring path to play out, and the consequences could be... large, but the option is there.

That is to say, in general the immediate consequence of escalating will make your life harder, not easier, but discovering omnipotence might not go that way as much.

24. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] Just make a break for it.