1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Marcus Dad does it too, fighting Bantyo-Leomon in a duel with his bullshit superpowers.

With the Spirit Bomb though it is because the People don't have the specific Training to use the power themselves. (Any of the normal People could likely use it with enough Training. It is a technique that collects energy from outside after all, you don't Need much Juice yourself.)

It doesn't seem like you Need any Training to use the Digi-Soul, just awareness, the will and maybe Talent.

2. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Yes, but he is still his father, maybe it's because they have a peculiar type of digisoul: if you just need to be trained, then why thomas, yoshino or even the commander can't do it?

3. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Maybe they just never thought of trying it, or that they can do it? Or they didn't believe it would be effective enough to be worth it. I mean, maybe they used your own logic. It is a energy used to Support Digimon, so of course that is what it is used for. (Even though it makes no real sense for a species to have an energy that is only useful for another race.) It obviously has to be less efficient at being self-used.

And why should they? Until the very end of the series, they never saw Marcus do anything more impressive than Punch a Digimon once or twice. They weren't around when Marcus dad got into a Punch-Duel with a Ultimate Level and fought him to a draw.

It would even make sense, Spencer didn't have a Digimon Partner, so he needed to find another way to be useful. He discovered this way to use the Digi-Soul and just started using them like that. The others never thought of trying it since they have Partners and thought it wouldn't be worth the effort. And he may not have known the full extent of his own potential power until later on when he had to travel the Digital World and fight Digimon for survival.

4. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

I still don't believe Digisoul can be that useful: I'm willing to say that it can enpower one strenght and endurance, but even if I were to put it, it would be just a bad copy of Marcus' ability, since he would lose the status as the only one beside his father to do so, so I don't think I'll use Digisoul in that way in the quest, at least not much.

5. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

I would play it.

6. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

The quest idea came from the perverse question of what players would play as if they were noble and possibly in running for the throne, but no fantasy level magic was possible. And in part from a few 'Royal Family' type mangas. :p

Dark Ness likes this.
  7. Penwriter

Penwriter Industrial-Lewd Complex

Quest Idea: Atompunk Noble Quest

It is the stellar year 1722 of the Third Galactic Solar Empire. Having finally put down the last rebellions of the core worlds and put down the forces of the Usurper, the Divine Emperor Clemetas XII has declared a new wave of expansion into the periphery and techno-barbarian fringe worlds of the former Second Empire to bring them back into the light of civilization. Bringing order to the barbarian periphery and opening a New Frontier to enable a new era of glory for the Empire.

However you recognize this “New Frontier” endeavor for what it really is. A means to get rid of up and coming young nobility such as yourself as the Emperor consolidates his hold on a throne he barely holds after getting half the fleet shot up in retaking it from the usurper while having severe difficultly in keeping it in good repair while the nobility are plotting and scheming like no era before. You aren't one of the doom-sayers that believe the Empire is dying of decay and decadence, but things have been getting very cutthroat as of late and there has been encouragement for you to either “Take the Black” with the Emperor’s blessing or get stabbed in the back because of some old family grudge or a jealous rival.

Still, the Emperor’s blessing is not entirely insubstantial as you stride into the shipyard containing a capital ship gifted to your command, along with the modest forces your House and vassals are able to muster to support you.

[Ship Selection Options: Battlecruiser, battleship, noble cruiser, etc]

Nor does it entirely stand in the way of your true dreams and ambitions....

[ ] To obtain glory, honor, and fame as a conqueror.
    [ ] To gain riches and wealth, both in money and lost technology.
    [ ] To create a domain of your own among the barbarian stars.
    [ ] To ascend to the Emperor's throne yourself and rule the galaxy. (Hard mode)
    [ ] To build up a peaceful retirement on a nice pleasure world with a harem of attractive alien vassals away from the empire's scheming. (Ciaphas Cain Mode)
    [ ] Write-in

Nutshell: Sci-fi atompunk noble exploration/adventure game in the thematic style of Asimov's Foundation series and similar atompunk stories, while gameplay is styled ala Rogue Trader. May or may not include crossover elements.

Interest?

kalifianto, Sheaman3773 and Dark Ness like this.
  8. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] To create a domain of your own among the barbarian stars. No, not just a domain, an empire. One to rival Sol, and some day, dominate it.

I like hard mode.

9. kalifianto

kalifianto homines opprimitur sed elves concupisces

New
    [X] To create a domain of your own among the barbarian stars. No, not just a domain, an empire. One to rival Sol, and some day, dominate it.
    Rogue Trader Asimovian? Awesome.

10. Penwriter

Penwriter Industrial-Lewd Complex

To Conquer the Stars has begun.

It will be interesting to play the role of a Empire Noble in a retro sci-fi setting.

11. siflux

siflux Lurker

To avoid doubleposting, putting two ideas in one post.

Quest Idea: Shin Megami Tensei, The Quest!

Okay, mostly this is just massive crossover mythology: the quest, but SMT comes already loaded with systems for handling the crunchy bits, and I rather like the SMT multiverse. The world isn't ending today. Instead, you're a newborn demon that doesn't fit into any of the existing clans, a situation which is likely to get you killed in short order if you don't get stronger fast.

---

Quest Idea: UBW!Worm

Hey, everyone else is already doing Worm quests. I haven't spotted anyone doing Worm with Taylor's power swapped to Unlimited Blade Works, and I'm willing to give it a try. Note that UBW is only so ridiculously powerful in Fate/Stay Night (and other Fate materials) because its users got to copy a lot of overpowered legendary weapons. Without a Grail War going on, UBW doesn't have a chance to learn about Rho Aias or Caladbolg or anything else like that. This means starting out debatably weaker than in canon, but quickly surpassing the original once there's a chance to copy some tinkertech.

CKirk, kinglugia and Sheaman3773 like this.
  12. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

I think I actually have seen Taylor with UBW as an aside, I think it was in the SFW Worm ideas thread but I'm not entirely sure.

That said both quest ideas sound good, no idea which one I'd prefer though.

13. Fishyface

Fishyface Not too sore, are you?

Are there any snips with Labyrinth as the main character?

14. siflux

siflux Lurker

Now running Blade, a quest featuring Taylor with her powers replaced with what Shirou was rolling with at the start of Fate/Stay Night. Let's see how well tinkertoys compare to mythology given form!

15. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Right, got a few weeks of R&R after a couple ugly years. Figured I could use it to start something new and see how fr I can take it. And to keep it simple on my brain and go against QQ's trend, I'll stick to my roots.

I present to you: Answering the Call! A generic story of High Adventure.

The world is changing. It is becoming darker, more hostile. Monsters are more agressives, boldly invading the territories of man with no fear. The empire is gearing for war, getting ready to conquer the entire world. In their towers, Sorcerers seeks greater powers in ancient tomes, failing to realize that they will only find their doom. Ancient Evil is waking from its slumber once more and it is eager to plung the world into darkness once more.

Though, what sort of world is this?

[] Heroic fantasy: The most cliche of it all. Standard Sword & sorcery stuff. Nature is good, Industry is bad. The most advanced thing in the setting is a magic powered airship or a fortress of DOOM.

[] Steampunk: The power of coal! Steam train! Steam ships! Steam planes! Gun has replaces the bows and clever mechanism empowers armor instead of enchantment. Science has spread, and it is in a bitter and drawn out fight with magic. Which will emerge victorious? It might be up to you.

[] "Cyber"punk: The fight is over, and the contestants knocked each other out. They drank too much at the afterparty, promptly engaging in a brutal shouting match as a second bout. The third on came soon after, in bed. Thus little Magitech was born and she's a darling! Now this is a world of chrome and silver where everything is possible! Monsters-infested wilderness and ancient civilization ruins are still present for all your adventuring needs, but your cool horse is now a bike. Expect mad scientists, sleek powered armor, nanomachines, henshin heroes and clone armies.

[] Space Opera: Or put another way:

The bike has become a starship, your hometown a entire planet. The elves have replaced their tiny skirts for skintight suits. Yet evil still lurks and the Empire is stronger than ever. You have a lightsaber, don't be surprised when the Death Star comes for you.

This is the main flavor of the setting but you can []write-in specific element you want in or out of any setting. Monstergirls? Giant robots? No fantasy races? Magic less widespread? If your option gather a third of the total vote, it'll be thrown in.

So that's the world. It is as beautiful as it is cruel and it is about to face a challenge like never before.

But that's still a secret, something ordinary folks knows nothing about as they enjoy their daily lives. Where you live is no different.

Where is that anyway?

[]Beloved peasant village: If there's a bright center to the universe, this is the place that it's farthest from. You live if the middle of nowhere, and contact with the larger world are sporadic at best. You know absolutely nothing about the larger world but your people are a hard-working, practical lot, used to defend themselves from the danger of the wilds.

[] Town of adventure: Maybe it's close to an important location or maybe it's a major regional hub but your town is always bustling with activity. Whether it's merchant caravans or adventurers, everyone come through its gates eventually, hoping to strike gold. They brings with them the latest news and rumors, along with knowledge and skills from foreign lands. Thanks to that you enjoy a high quality of life and your formal education was thourough.

[]Capital's slum: You were born in the shadow of glory, a step away from the mover and shaker of the world. Your life so far was harsh and merciless, but it made you fast and quick witted. It doesn't look like your life will change for the better anytime soon, but who knows, a single moment could turn your life around.

[]Write-in

Ah, so that's the doomed hometown. Neat.

What about you, then? From the outside, you look like a pretty teenage boy. And honestly, you don't feel any different. But that's the furthest thring from the truth isn't it? You're the protagonist. The main character, the one everything revolves around. You're the hero. You're pretty much a can of untapped awesome waiting to be unleashed on the world. But what kind, exactly?

[]The Chosen One: The Powers that be saw Evil coming a mile's away, so they decided to be proactive. No, they didn't burn the book holding the Dark Lord's resurection ritual or smithe the dude trying something that stupid. They didn't send an elite Angel strike force to cut down the monster's army to size before they became nearly unstoppable. No, they looked over all the kids that would be of a good heroing age right when the forces of Evil hit their peak and ravaged the world and decided he'd be the one to barely turn the tides at the darkest hour. That poor sucker is you, but the role comes with a prophecy and a sweet artefact of power to gather to defeat the bad guy.

[]The lost Bloodline: You were found as a baby by a single woman who took you in and raised you as her own. Yo know nothing of the legacy you carry within, but your blood sings with conflict and the challenges ahead are sure to awaken it.

[]Natural born badass. Mom and dad are ordinary, average folks. No gods watched your way and blessed you at birth. No fate was put on your shoulder. And yet somehow, you're the ace. You are stronger, faster, smarter, and plain better than your peers. You have no hidden power or family heirloom but whatever path you'll take, you'll become legend.

[]Write-in (pending approval)

Finally, decide the level of lewd.

[]Chaste hero: One waifu, only hand holding on screen and one kiss at the wedding.
    [] "Normal" hero: You're a teen with needs and plenty of girls to choose from. By god you're going to take advantadge of it. Expect "tame" harem shenanigans but in the end you'll have to pick one. Unless you're really good at this.
    [] Ecchi hero: It's all about the boobies. Clothing damage and walking into women while their changing clothes are common occurence. Women will fall for you for the flimsiest reason and never fall out, regardless of how many other girls you pick up. The lewd becomes frequent and highly graphic here. Put in NSFW section.
    [] Rance hero. It's all about you. Or rather your "sword". In whatever orifice's available. Consent is optional. Horrendously NSFW.

Least Devotee and Imabot like this.
  16. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Seems a little formulaic, but I wouldn't mind seeing where you go with it. Leaning towards space opera or steampunk, natural born badass and 'Normal hero' level of lewds.

If swords n' sorcery wins, I'd want to be someone like the guy from Rune Soldier Louie. Little bit of a loser, little bit of a musclehead, taken advantage of by his female party members but he's okay with it because they're hot. And when the chips are down, he's really pretty good at busting faces.

Least Devotee likes this.
  17. Liam-don

Lies and slander!:mad:

This is ENTIRELY formulaic. That's kind of the point, I basically drew from my memories of old SNES and PS1 RPG and tossed into the reply box. So yes, you've seen this all before, many, many times. But we've been over so many deconstructions and twists and role-reversal of those cliches in recent times, I thought it'd be refreshing to play them entirely straight.

On the other hand, I'm kinda planning on letting the leash off on my readers and let them give their input on roughly everything, so this could go "places" easily enough.

Least Devotee likes this.
  18. Lydia

Lydia Versed in the lewd.

My second try at a quest. I will use the setting of the dark Eye, but will explain everything important ingame so no knowledge is needed. Mechanics will be explained as needed, but most will be used in the background.

You are a
    [X] Young mage,
    after you finished your studies on the academy of Andergast, you decided to travel the world before you try to become a bodyguard for someone important or join an army.
    Your academy is famous for their battle mages and one of the few that allow their graduates to carry a sword.

[X]Young priest of Aves,
    after you were ordained, you decided to travel on your own. Your teacher told you much about travelling and the different traditions in Aventuria as you will need this knowledge as a priest of the God of travellers and adventures. You will only be on the end of your journey if you are to old to travel or all the places of the world are travelled. You only have your walking staff, a slingshot and your backpack with travelling gear.

[X][insert profession from the middle ages] Journeyman,
    your master gave you a letter after you finished your apprenticeship and said that you should travel to Gareth the capital of the middle realm. It is a long journey and as you don't have to much gold you will need to find some work on the way. You hope that you learn much on your journey and that the friend of your master can show you more techniques of your craft.

[X] Young warrior,
    you are youngest son of a baronet, so it is expected of you to be warrior. But as you have many siblings you decided to go on an adventure to distinguish yourself from them and to make your own name. You have travelled for some time, but you haven't heard about some grand treasure or some evil demonologist to slay. You haven't even saved a princes/prince. So you travel on with your servant and hope that you can use your great skill with the rapier to collect stories for the court.

[ ] some European name
    [ ] Gender

It is a short time after lunch and a little bit to warm. There was no rain in the last days, but the road has gone through a forest for the last miles so at least you don't need to walk in the sun.
    Today you will arrive in Elenvina, after that you will need to secure a passage on a ship if you don't want to hike trough the Iron forest. As you walk around a curve you see the first humans in hours.
    It seems like the two men had an road accident, as you can see one of them standing before a wheel and the other one with much finer clothes standing on the road.

[X] greet the merchant
    [] write in
    [X] greet the waggoner

19. Liam-don

20. Scottsman

Scottsman Know what you're doing yet?

Hey, pretty new to these forums, but I like what I've seen so far.
    Thinking of putting together a Dark Souls based quest. Start the player off in the undead asylum and let the player pursue their agenda, with a few possible options being
    [] Search for a cure to the undead curse
    [] Establish a safe haven for the more sane hollows
    [] Become the most powerful figure in the land by whatever means they deem necessary.
    Of course, the players might decide on a goal I hadn't even considered, but I'm good at adapting fast.
    I'll probably have it be more on the lighthearted end of things, though serious moments are certainly bound to happen by nature of the universe. I might fudge canon in a few places to keep players from getting complacent, and I intend to supplement the adventure with art of my own creation, illustrating notable events and scenes. I'll be using the Savage Worlds system for conflict resolution when needed, though it's unlikely I'll roll for every hollow you stab.
    So there you have it, overcome your humble beginnings, travel forth from your prison, and try not to die. Best of luck with that.

21. Guile

Light-hearted Dark Souls quest. Well, I wish you luck, friend.

22. Scottsman

Scottsman Know what you're doing yet?

Well, at the very least, less grim. If you want a good idea of the tone, though probably not the content, go take a look at Darkish Souls. There are more serious moments, but in general it doesn't take itself too seriously. I think at the very least it has potential.

23. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

Quick Question: Do Journal Fics count as Quests or Creative Writing? And, if they do, would anyone be interested in a Worm CYOA Journal Fic?

24. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

If there's voting, then I think it's a Quest.

If there's no voting, then I think it's Creative Writing.

25. Guile

Evildice's answer sounds like the simplest way to break them down.

About the Worm CYOA, it's gotten a bad rap and will turn people away just for including that in the name.

A more regular SI would probably be more popular.

26. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

I was actually just planning to use it as a starting point for a Multiverse Fic, since the whole thing's so broken I can start off as an Exalted Planeswalker without even going for the God-Mode in difficulty.

27. cthulhu fartagn

cthulhu fartagn Desires comments far more than likes.

edit: this was intended to be nsfw. removed

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  28. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

[X] Ronald Weasley (Harry Potter)

Because why take one of those really interesting protagonist types in a high powered setting such as that? Wouldn't it be so much more interesting if we threw it onto a relatively unremarkable person in a setting with relatively little room for upwards power growth? That and Ron despite being relatively normal is still a person with flaws and strengths, and those ones he has could let us do very interesting things with him. So Ronald Weasley, totally normal boy is my choice.

29. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

I'm looking for a couple of people to help me flesh out and establish an idea I have. It involves a Black Orc from Warhammer being shot to another world through Warp and shaman shenanigans and how that affects that world. If you're interested in helping just message me and we'll see if we can get started.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  30. Guile

Black Orc is what?

I'm only familiar with green and red-brown varietals.