1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Knight In Ribbons (A Sailor Moon Self-Insert)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by FurikoMaru, Sep 7, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Y'know, as an adult looking back on it, I almost wonder if Jadeite's heart was really in the whole villainy business. He mostly seems to do Beryl's bidding so he can play entrepreneur and mack-daddy to all the redheaded honeys he can rake in.

2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Yeah, he was pretty lightweight as far as evil goes. 'Behold my evil plan to SELL DISCOUNT JEWELRY/TAKE PEOPLE ON A COUPLES CRUISE/MAKE YOUNG GIRLS THIN! Mwahaha!" The only really objectionable bits were his Mystery Bus abducting shrine visitors (even if he was presumably going to give them back eventually) and trying to hit the Sailors with a TK'd airplane in the final showdown.

FistOfZeus and RazielofSecrets like this.
  3. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Now I kinda wanna see a fic where Jadeite just wants to be a legitimate business man. He dreams of one day being a simple tailor and making FABULOUS clothes, at a high price of course.
    :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Nah I meant the flashback episode that she has where the guy that she has a hangup on is someone else then the manga bloke. And well where we got all that uncomfortable subtext.

5. Guile

Drawing a blank. There was the police commissioner that was her weird stalker, there was the cop guy she had a crush on for a minute there, there was Alan who was... what was Alan? An idol or something? I forget.

And Phantom Ace of course, with all that past life stuff.

Which was anime and which was manga?

6. FurikoMaru

Kaitou Ace/Danburite/Adonis was the past life Dark Agency guy from the manga, Chief Inspector Sakurada's lackey was in the manga, and Alan was the guy poor deluded 13-year-old Minako thought was her boyfriend when really he had the hots for her adult INTERPOL liaison. He was from the anime.

7. FurikoMaru

Act Two

So something neat that I found out in that first training session was that my attacks didn't tire me out. Like, at all. I could spam Crescent Beams all day if I had to.

Artemis said it was because I was drawing on the life force of Venus itself, and I wasn't skilled enough to exhaust the strength of a planet on my own.

Knowing what I did about the endgame powerlevels of the series, I was unable to restrain myself from thinking, Yet.

"So if my power comes from Venus' life force, am I stronger or weaker than I was in my last life?" I asked, punctuating the question with a shout and a shot at one of the Pocari cans Artemis had placed at random around the empty warehouse.

My shot missed. Most of the shots I'd fired today had missed.

I growled out a curse. I was fine yesterday! I could do it against another youma - those things have a centre mass like a side of beef!

"I mean," I added, "there used to be people living on Venus, right? Does my power come from the planet's magical-essence-type life force, or from the general amount of life on the planet at any given time? Oh, and if it's the second one, if mankind re-colonizes Venus, does that mean my powers'd get a boost?"

"... which of those questions do you want me to answer first?" the cat asked, slightly offput.

"The middle one: when you say 'planetary life force', what exactly do you mean?"

"It means that you carry within you the true star seed of the planet Venus, which contains all the potential energy of the planet," he explained. "If mankind reclaims Venus, your power will be slightly diminished, because some of that energy will be required to support a colony. So yes, you're much stronger now than you were in your last life. Or you will be, once you've had time to adjust to the increase in available energy."

I frowned. "Wouldn't I get stronger from the energy the humans would have to generate themselves to get a colony up and running? Venus as it is now is pretty hostile to life."

"It always was," he replied, "but star seeds don't store or generate ordinary physical energy; it's all to do with potential for magic. Since you're the only Venusian left, all the magic of Venus is yours."

"... wow." I stared down at my hands. The magic of an entire planet. My planet.

We should learn aikido!

I really shouldn't be surprised that the first thing I thought of when hearing the word 'Venusian' was a Doctor Who reference, but hey, I like to at least hope I have something resembling depth.

"So if I have all the magic, why am I limited to one laser-beam attack?"

"Practice until you consistently hit ten cans out of ten and maybe I'll let you have an upgrade," Artemis said, stretching.

"Mn... can we at least do something about the costume?"

"What's wrong with it?" he asked.

"I don't I like wearing miniskirts," I said, tugging uncomfortably on the hem of the suit.

Granted, while transformed I finally had the legs for them - along with an extra two inches in height and the head full of blonde hair I'd expected when I woke up. If the reflection in the cracked Suntory Whiskey mirror propped up on the far wall's drafting table was anything to go by, I even looked the right age to be wearing such daring attire; younger than I had been, but definitely not thirteen.

"The uniform is traditional." Artemis sounded slightly disappointed.

"I get that," I said soothingly, reminding myself that Serenity's Silver Millennium was probably not the kind of place people had to deal with slutshaming very often, "and I'm not knocking it, it's very pretty. But it's kind of hard to feel like I'm in control of the situation when everyone can see my undies every time I move, y'know? Can I have some leggings at least?"

"Well, if it would make you more comfortable," the cat said, holding out a paw for the transformation pen, which I handed over eagerly. "I'll work on it this afternoon. You should return to class, though, it's almost twelve-thirty."

=

As I left the school that day, I wondered if maybe I'd made the wrong decision with my little fake-revelation. There was no reason to think Michiru was active, or that she would be until after the season finale reset; according to the stipulations of Queen Serenity's spell, our souls had all been sent to a peaceful time and place so we could have comfortable lives untroubled by war. Usagi and the Inner Senshi were only awakened because Beryl returned unexpectedly, so it was possible that Michiru and Haruka only got their powers after Usagi's little Lazarus manoeuvre and whatever effect it had that made the events of the third season happen. After all, if they'd been around before, their duty to defend humanity from external threats would probably have drawn them into the Black Moon fiasco, not to mention Ail and An, Fiore (wait, was his movie canon?) and possibly even Beryl's crew, if parallel faerie kingdoms count as 'external'.

Hm. But if they made their first appearance in the third season, wouldn't it stand to reason that the Black Moon Family coming back and their fucking with the Crystal Points was what shifted something and got Pharaoh 90 involved in everything?

Rrargh, fuck it; trying to make all the Sailor Moon villains connected somehow is an exercise in futility.

Not least, as I realized to my horror during this little doubt-session, because I'd never actually seen SuperS.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck, everyone said it was the shittiest season, how was I supposed to know this would happen?! Shit! I've only seen parts of Stars, too!

Concentrate on Beryl for now. We're already on our way to making this an easier win than before; once we get Michiru into the loop we can go get Haruka, and then we'll have two of the heaviest hitters at the baseline level pulled into training ahead of schedule. That's got to make a difference in the finale; Usagi might not have to reset time at all.

Wait, how are we even supposed to find Michiru?

Simple. Consult the fates.

Current issues of Record Geijutsu were not cheap, but luckily I had some allowance to burn. Sure enough, on a page near the back were a list of upcoming concerts in the Tokyo area, and one of them was being put on by a children's orchestra featuring solo violinist Kaioh Michiru.

I tucked the magazine into my schoolbag and, on a homesick impulse, sprang for a two-week-old issue of Weekly Shonen Jump. It meant going without one of those tasty-looking strawberry Kit Kats, but Jotaro was on the cover, and I just can't say no to a man of the Joestar bloodline.

As luck would have it, when I cracked it open I found that I held in my hands the complete finale of Stardust Crusaders. Naturally this put my walking-home plans on hold; I ran back up the street to a small park I'd passed earlier and, taking a seat on one of the large concrete planters for the greenery, I dove back into an old favourite world.

Man, High-Dio's even campier than I remember...

"Aah!" a young voice called in an accusatory tone. "So it was you!"

I tore my eyes away from Dio Brando's realization that Star Platinum can move despite The World's effect, and saw a very indignant-looking little boy stomping over to me.

"That was the last one at the shop!" he spat. "I saved up for a week to get that issue! They're the only chapters of Slam Dunk I haven't read yet and I can't read the new Jump until I find out what happened and Takeda-san said he'd hold it for me!"

"Sorry, man," I said, shrugging, "there was some college girl working the stand, I guess she didn't know."

He jabbed a finger in my direction. "What is some foreigner doing buying manga anyway? I bet you can't even read it!"

I raised an eyebrow. "It's not that hard; there're furigana along the side and everything."

"But it's a magazine for men!" he protested, scowling. "If you could read kanji you'd know that, stupid girl."

"Tell me," I asked loudly, getting a little hot under the collar now, "are you naturally this repugnant or did you take lessons? What the hell makes you think it's okay to talk to people like this?!"

"I'm sorry!" Another boy ran up, bowing repeatedly and shouting what was probably the only English phrase he knew, and taking the first boy by the arm. "I'm sorry, miss, I'm sorry." He pulled on his friend's arm. "Shingo, c'mon, man..."

"Let go, Mizuki!" Shingo - wait, how common is the name Shingo for kids his age?- yanked his arm out of the boy's grasp. "She's got my manga!"

"Dude, don't even!" I said angrily. "I bought this Jump with my money fair and square! And if you'd been less of a jerk about it maybe I'd let you read it after me, but forget that now!"

"Shingo!"

... oh, I hope to god that's Major Katsuragi. ._.

8. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

Major Katsuragi = Evangelion cross?

Also, like the conversation between you and the brat. It makes me look forward to your interactions with the other scouts.

9. Guile

Uh oh.

I forget the specific family dynamic in Sailor Moon's household, but speaking as a younger brother myself, usually only the big sister is allowed to bully the younger brother. Outside threats are teamed up against.

10. FurikoMaru

Mitsuishi Kotono did her voice and Usagi's both. In fact Anno specifically woo'd her for the part by telling her how not-Usagi Misato was.

11. Guile

Actually, that sounds kind of fun.

Or an actual PbP game (or a round robin fic or something) where everyone is trying to hide the fact that they've taken over a Sailor Scout from everyone else. Except for Usagi, who's just happy to be hanging out.

James Wilt likes this.
  12. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

The call not only knows where you live but also where you buy your manga.^^

And now i am wondering if you will fall victim to usagis tendency to act as a fangirl torwards others at the start.

13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Dun dun dunnn...

14. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

This is amazing and I am going to follow it like hell.

15. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Not sure if it is still active myself but watched.

16. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

I'm still trying to binge Furiko's other stuff, this was simply the first thing I caught up on.

17. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Ah, I remember reading this back shortly after I made my account on the forum. A very fun and well made story. 5/5 stars, sad that it looks like the author abandoned it for one reason or another. Maybe it will get revived, but I guess that is unlikely at best.

18. Guile

I gather writer's block hit her hard on this one, and honestly she may have abandoned this board entirely for SV at this point.

It is a shame, Sailor Moon is a fun world to play in.