1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mon of the Dead

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Seaking would make a much better partner, right?

Since Lightningrod comes with electric immunity and powerups. The first thing you think when you see sea serpent and fish, lightning, and then suddenly the fish gets a free stat boost and it's firing ice beams and such. Alternately Surf, or if you can't get T/HM's, just water pulse or something.

But yeah, Hidden Ability. So it's trickier.

2. Chibi-Reaper

[X] Casual.

Well, you definitely appreciate the help. You aren't really a great teacher yourself, and when you're focused on doing other things, teaching them to speak would have been...

"It's no real trouble. Really, I'm a teacher by profession... it's what I do." Komoe says, waving it off.

Still. You've picked up some things, but if there's anything else...?

"Well... I wouldn't mind the occasional can, or six-pack, of beer if you can find some." Komoe notes. There's some stowed away in the kitchen right now, one of those things that you claimed along with some wine, in case you need to wave. "It's probably improper of me as an educator, but I am an adult. I can drink and smoke if I feel like it. Especially with the situation being what it is..."

Talk dies down after that, and she retreats to her own home as the sun starts to set.

For your part, you work with your brain a bit before you go to sleep, with people muttering softly in their slumber in nearby beds, and....

You don't get very far. If you're gently coaxing the barrier to exist, rather than just forcing it to appear at need, then you don't end up bleeding out of your ears and nose. But it takes something like an hour to convince the thing that it should exist.

You give up for the time being, a little after that, and go to sleep.

In the morning, Jenny gets your attention.

"Could you bring me by the doctor's place?" She asks. "I think I've decided."

---

[ ] ??

3. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[x] "Sure" Stay with Jenny and provide moral support. Its helping a new friend not taking a day off to recover

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Seaking is completely fucking useless, I feel bad for anyone forced to use one. The main reason GyaraVire sucks is because 90% of the competitive metagame can use earthquake. Or they use stone edge; either way Electivire's going down like a bitch. Doesn't help that electric isn't used that much in general either.

5. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Would Zapdos work better then? It's an electric/flying type, so Earthquake should be ignorable...

6. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Not really; the main thing about the metagame is that practically nothing uses Electric type attacks. There's only one two electric types in OU; Jolteon and Thundurus-T. Dragonite occasionally runs Thunder on rain teams as a Special Attacker or a Tank, but that's it. More likely your Gyarados is going to take a Stone Edge or Rock Slide to the face.

7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] "Sure" Stay with Jenny and provide moral support. Its helping a new friend not taking a day off to recover
    - - [X] Bring Smoke with you... because Smoke goes everywhere.

8. Chibi-Reaper

Competitive metagame, sure.

When you're walking down the road to Cerulean, rolling a bunch of shmucks who are getting their pikachus and such ready to try challenging the water gym, Lightningrod works a lot better.

Or if you go the other direction and see if there's some new people trying to train up their pikachu to join Surge's gym, see if they've been warned about you yet. Depends.

9. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Our parents were apparently a menace.

Good on them.

10. Chibi-Reaper

[X] Mojo Hojo.

"This is far from approved medical science!" Joy snaps, seeming upset just at the prospect of what's going to happen, much less that the transfer is going forward.

Amoeba calmly vomits up into a bucket, or something close.

"What...?" Jenny starts.

"Budding, my dear. It should only take a minute or two for an appreciably large quantity of Ditto mass, such as this, to form into its own Ditto." Hojo explains, as Benji attaches alligator clamps from a small, whirring machine to a large sieve and sets it over Jenny's head. The other attaches to what looks like a metal bowl, prepared to go onto, or... into, you guess, the gurgling mess in the bucket.

"I have to remind you again, if you do this there isn't any turning back. We can barely afford to keep you going as is, we can't afford to keep an empty body on life support." Joy argues.

"Yes, your remains will have to be disposed of. Most likely, devouring them would be your best option." Hojo says, as though Joy's voice wasn't so shrill at all. "It will offer a massive boost to genetic memorization, far more than just plucking a few hairs before setting the mess on fire or pitching it uselessly out into the wilderness would offer. Hardly the sort of advantage that I could offer Amoeba, people do insist on having their remains shipped back home and I was rebuffed at every turn. As well, morgues and cemeteries take a dim view indeed-"

"You want her to eat-"

"Why not? It's her body. Disposal should be arranged as she sees fit." Hojo mumbles, flipping through some papers. "If you're squeamish then there's no cause for concern, we'll be pouring her out over herself and probably the digestion won't even be noticed at all."

"I am a medical professional." Joy snaps.

"Yes, yes, carry on. I don't see why you have to be here in the first place."

"I'm hardly going to stand back and let such madness proceed without objection-!"

"Hey.... You be a good boy for mommy, all right? I just need you to sit tight and be quiet for a bit. It's going to be fine, just be a good boy and watch." Jenny murmurs to the whining Growlithe. "Keep him from getting in the way, all right?"

Yeah, you can do that.

"And it looks like we're ready." Benji interrupts, dropping the bowl into the bucket, wires trailing behind it. "Now, this... it may hurt a bit. This was originally designed for organic to organic transference, but it's been retooled for organic to synthetic, and I've had to rework it to get it back to mutually organic. Everything will still work just the same, but some parts had to be scavenged, and there is some material for safety that I just couldn't get ahold of... I can assure you, however, that at no point will any of the voltage that you may or may not experience be anything close to lethal."

"Great. Get on with it, then." Jenny grunts, before Joy can object again.

"Please bite down on this..." Benji says, placing a rubber bit before continuing. "All right. Throwing the switch, Doctor."

There's a sharp humming noise, a lot of crackles, and Jenny's eyes go wide and her back arches upwards off of the table, nearly launching her into the air, as the electricity hits. A steady 'whum-whum-whum' noise begins to reverberate for the next several minutes as she twitches in place, Growlithe in your arms barking and trying to wriggle free without doing any damage.

Then Jenny's body goes still, and there is a soft 'Bing' noise as the machine goes otherwise silent.

"Yes, jolly good, just a moment there we'll have you fixed up in a flash." Hojo says, gingerly removing the end from the bucket as Benji takes the other end off of Jenny and smoothes back her hair as the body stares vacantly up at the ceiling.

Hojo pours the contents of the bucket... Jenny, you guess, over what remains of Jenny. There's a bubbling as the goop spreads slowly over the remnants of the policewoman.

Then, slowly, some of it forms out into new limbs as it slides down and clings concealingly to skin and clothes, morphing to appear as though Jenny were just lying there on the table.

Naked, and slick with thin slime.

"Yes, synthetic polymers, she only recalls the organic body, it might be wise for you to give her a refresher course on forming clothing, Amoeba." Hojo mutters, taking notes.

"Refresher?" Joy snaps.

"There should be more than a little genetic memory residue involved. This is a portion of Amoeba which she is being reborn through, after all." Hojo points out. "Hardly as easily accessed as her own memories, of course, but-"

Jenny, on the table, draws in a deep and gurgling breath.

---

[ ] ??

11. Biigoh

[X] She lives!

12. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] wait and see how the operation went. Chill with Smoke for the rest of the day

13. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

[X] Cackle maniacally.

14. Chibi-Reaper

Unrelated image time, as I hunt for a slime-Jenny.

[img width=104 height=600]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/363/f/3/heal_it_up_by_akuma_y0ru-d5pn8f1.png[/img]

15. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] Well, it's not our show.

16. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

So~ jenny is now a pokemon, and pokemon need trainers right? >:D

17. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] wait and see how the operation went.

18. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Hojo can handle his own maniacal cackling. Softly chant 'What-the-fuck-Hojo' to yourself. Its like theme music!
    -[X] Give Hojo a pat on the back for his horrible medical miracle.

19. Chibi-Reaper

[X] About what you expect.

You softly mutter something that could easily be taken for congratulations, but is actually far closer to 'the fuck...'.

Surprisingly, it's Hojo who tosses the opaque tarp over Jenny before anything else, covering everything below her neck. You didn't take him as the sort to care about the modesty of experimental subjects.

Unless the people he worked with ended up making everything far more difficult in the presence of nudity. Which is a strong possibility. The Growlithe finally wriggles its way free of you to whine at Jenny's hand.

She makes a gurgling, squelching noise that isn't in any way speech.

"Calm, officer. I don't doubt that the vocal chords of your own body have already begun to be absorbed into your new one, but you are not using them." Hojo says, voice strangely soothing. She moves, and her eyes widen. "Ah, yes, you will be noting now that tactile sensitivity of your outermost layers has increased... significantly. Presuming one is normal skin sensitivity level, and ten would be, say... five hundred percent of that, exactly how much more would you call it? I never have been able to get a clear answer for that, with no real basis for comparison-"

"I'm surprised you aren't taking notes on your mad science experiment." Joy snipes.

"I have found that patients tend to respond poorly to immediate recording of data. My brain is sufficiently functional for now, I will record it later."

"Patient, is it, now? I understand that you didn't always make such bones about what you called your specimens." Joy sniffs.

"Yeeess.... litigation, budget cuts, and a two week sensitivity course resulted from that. If I am required to pander to the patients comfort, then by all means, pander I shall. On that note, you are comfortable, I trust? Try not to move too much until you've adjusted. Speech should not be too taxing, but you must remind yourself in turn that speech will not work quite the same as you are familiar with. You should have some faint psuedo-recollections of a number of things. Try to put them to work."

Jenny stares for a long moment at Hojo's face. Then her eyes widen as her gaze tracks down a bit, but she shakes it off, and features deform a little in concentration before they fall back into place.

".... I feel." she gurgles, voice far more slurred and sloshy than Amoeba's, as the ditto cheers softly, forming those cheerleader puffs in its hands. ".... Strange."

"Well, that is to be expected. Your body is no more composed of flesh, blood, bone, organ, or hair, but a fine and even mixture of somewhat acidic goo. Far from the sort of pestilent and infectious material a Muk might, but even so. Did you expect to feel just the same as you always had?"

Jenny doesn't seem quite able to answer that.

---

[ ] ??

20. Biigoh

[X] It was a triumph, I'm making a note here. Huge success...
    - - [X] Once more, Hojo science SNEERS at reality and what is possible.
    - - [X] Give the Jenny some time with Amoeba as she gets used to having a working body?
    - - [X] Go back to Smoke, HUG HIM and try not to think on Hojo Science and just what was done here... because, seriously, what the fuck, Hojo.

21. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

- - [X] Give the Jenny some time with Amoeba as she gets used to having a working body?
    - - [X] Go back to Smoke, HUG HIM and try not to think on Hojo Science and just what was done here... because, seriously, what the fuck, Hojo.

22. Firnagzen

Firnagzen Getting out there.

Hmm well. If we're trying to forget... well let's go kill a few brain cells while we're at it?

[X] This was a triumph, I'm making a note here. Huge success...
    - - [X] ...Something else to try and forget. Bleeding from ears sounds good, only not so much. (That is to say, let's train barriers again. Get Smoke to gently toss things at us and we can try blocking them. Basically try to strike a balance between getting barriers up faster and not bleeding from the ears.)
    --[X] Practice until lunch.

23. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

Did Jenny just flashback to Amoeba and Hojo banging at the recollections comment?

24. Firnagzen

Firnagzen Getting out there.

Quite possibly, yes.

25. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

[X] This was a triumph, I'm making a note here. Huge success...
    - - [X] Inquire about Jennie's legal status as she is now technically a pokemon
    - - [X] ...Something else to try and forget. Bleeding from ears sounds good, only not so much. (That is to say, let's train barriers again. Get Smoke to gently toss things at us and we can try blocking them. Basically try to strike a balance between getting barriers up faster and not bleeding from the ears.)
    --[X] Practice until lunch.

26. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Oh god yes. Your Hojo is just so awesome, I can't get enough of him.

27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]This may creep you out on a visceral level but you can't deny this woman will survive this when she had no right to. And Survive whole trauma aside.
    -[x]Maintain Offer of House Space as She works on her reconditioning.
    -[x]Hang out and help.

28. Tiypo

Tiypo I trust you know where the happy button is?

Good job Hojo! You are EXACTLY the sort of mad scientist that's needed in a zombie apocalypse!

29. Drognen

Drognen Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

30. Chibi-Reaper

[X] Background character.

"If you could, try to focus on clothing." Hojo says, as Joy scoffs and stalks out, seeming upset but still satsfied enough that everything worked out okay. "I can hardly imagine that you wish to display yourself to all the world without apparent coverings."

She scowls in focus, but it doesn't take too long for a police hat to form on her head. You aren't sure how that works, because it's still a part of her even as she steps out in regulation uniform and you know, technically she's still naked right there....

You cough and turn away, trying not to think of it.

Amoeba squeals and snatches Jenny up with both arms and a couple dozen stretchy things. She in turn yelps sharply, eyes widening and cheeks darkening.

"No. Bad." Hojo says without looking, spraying them both with a water bottle. Jenny just by circumstance and misfortune, you guess. "Give the kind officer some time to come to grips with her new tactile sensitivity before initiating any form of physical contact."

Amoeba pouts sulkily, but Jenny has clearly taken the offered moment to put several feet of empty space between the two of them, clutching her chest and breathing heavily.

Well, you think that things are going well enough, here. They'll do fine.

You go home and hug smoke.

..... What the fuck, Hojo?

---

[ ] ??