1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 18, 2013.

1. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I just read up on Arrows. They seek people with strong spiritual strength. So if there was something similar to it then it would be seeking out high ranking ninja. Also apparently it can become a location as well as seen in steel ball run. Also half of chakra is Spiritual energy.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Ronall

Ronall (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

They're made from an alien meteroite, and everyone knows unkown substances are the easiest to duplicate!
    I keep thinking that the Arrow contained some kind of alien bacteria, but I can't find any refrence to that, so I think that might be false.

Here's a key fact that people haven't mentioned, if a person isn't spiritually strong enough when they try to activate a Stand, they die. Not all Stands are useful(The Idiot, Superfly), and some are actively harmful to the user (Cheap Trick).

3. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

So what?
    People in Naruto still never developed Stands, so we still have no samples we can afford to study properly, and we still know nothing about what a Stand really is or how the arrows create them.

4. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Also your ignoring the fact that Madara was the first uchiha to get a Mangekyou sharingan. Also the first to get an EMS as well. So its just not the uchiha in general but one of them.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

And, because no Uchiha but Madara ever knew about the Sage, the tablets he read all of that from just popped into existence or what?

6. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

My going theory is that eldest son made them. Maybe the younger son made some similar for his descendants but if he did we haven't seen it yet.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Should be easier than recreating a set of superpowers from unknown first principles.

8. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

By "The Idiot" do you mean The Fool? Because that was not a useless Stand. At all.

You know I have, but I've been unable to reply all day.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

*coughs, pointedly avoids eye contact with the people who were voting to learn hamon*

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I'm pretty sure Dio has an idea how hamon works. He fought against enough hamon users to know it involves breathing. Heck didn't he turn one into a vampire?

Dio and Ddmkm122 like this.
  11. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Because, say, fighting a boxer means you can just magically teach yourself boxing.

Uh huh.

12. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Well in that case independently recreating it is only a matter of time. Who couldn't work out the details of sunbending once they found out that breathing is involved?

13. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

I've fought against people who were breathing too! I think one of them might have known martial arts. Clearly, I'm qualified to teach myself karate now.

Okay, more seriously, this is getting kind of off topic, and is degenerating into 'you're wrong' 'no, you're wrong' territory.

Yeah, maybe if we max out on Fuuinjustu we can start trying to do unbelievable bullshit, and it may or may not be worth it, but considering we've barely begun our studies in that field, arguing about it now is a little premature.

From a writing stand point, adding a bunch of what will have to be completely new stands is probably a bad idea.

The amount of effort needed to make a new stand interesting, while still not making it the bad kind of broken, is rather extensive. Multiply that by however many minions we have at that point.

From a story stand point, taking the thing that makes the main character unique and trivializing it by handing out cheap copies to everyone is the sort of thing that can get old fast.

I know there are people who are wrong on the internet, but sometimes you have to let them go.

Ddmkm122 and FurikoMaru like this.
  14. FurikoMaru

And now it becomes apparent you didn't watch/read Battle Tendency either. XD No, Straights used one of Kars' other Stone Masks when the Speedwagon Foundation dug them up in Mexico.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Well that answers that question.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Ronall

Ronall (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

To be fair, I think Dio knows more about the fundamentals of Hamon than he does about the Arrow. We know that it's a breathing technique that works well with liquids (Jonathan's Luck and Pluck in oil.) and the name Hamon implies the method is achived via ripple effect. It appears to be some kind of energy that travels through the bloodstream, and we also saw Zepelli walk (like a goof) over water while causing a ripple effect. It's also harmful to creatures that are harmed by sunlight, meaning it likely somehow emulates the very sun itself.

That's more than what Dio, or even the audience knows about how the Arrow works, which just seems to be 'magical bullshit that happens according to plot.'

Dio likes this.
  17. FurikoMaru

Now that I think about it, Kars is probably the character in Jojo most likely to figure out a way to replicate the Stand-inducement effects of the Arrows. He's basically a Neanderthal Spark.

True. But in light of the universe you've been placed in, and the skills you're going to be learning as a matter of course, is there any real reason to learn hamon except as a fuck-you to the only person Dio fully respects as an equal?

Dio, Ddmkm122 and EvaUnit01 like this.
  18. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

The fact that hamon users age extremely slow. Of course Dio doesn't know this yet.

Dio and Ddmkm122 like this.
  19. Ronall

Ronall (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

On the contrary, I'd say it's the greatest respect we could offer him, mastering it would be the greatest aknowledgment we could offer to his skill and determination. I mean besides stealing his body and all.

That said, all of Dio's knowledge about fighting techniques seem to relate to either A: Vampire Techniques, B: Stands, and C: The Ripple. A is effectively worthless, and B: can produce some rather bizarre effects that might be hard to explain to anyone who happens to see. Improving our Stand seems to be more about mental excercises than physical, while Hamon being the opposite, so it'd be good to switch between the two, so that we improve both our body and mind, and don't over-fatigue one or the other.

Dio likes this.
  20. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

'Fraid so. I stopped reading after female Jojo's arc.
    ... You poor bastard.
    I know how to breathe, too. Doesn't mean I'm any closer to unlocking ultimate cosmic power. ... I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I'm pretty sure those two came out before it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. croaker

croaker Contract? I'll let you pet mah belly.

Yes, but you don't know how to breathe properly.

You must also be struck in the stomach first by an Italian.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

You're closer than you would be if you didn't.

24. FurikoMaru

For future reference:

Part 1: Phantom Blood - Clark Kent IS Simon Belmont!

Part 2: Battle Tendency - Joseph Joestar and His Boyfriends Save The World From A Magic Vampire-Eating Stone Age Scientist And His Boyfriends.

Part 3: Stardust Crusaders - Journey To The West, Starring An International Team Of John McClanes! Featuring The Only Vampire Who Makes Sparkling Look Good!

Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable - Shaman King, Starring Archie Andrews And The Riverdale Gang. Featuring David "Shikamaru" Bowie As A Serial Killer.

Part 5: Vento Aureo - Uchiha Itachi IS Rikudo Sennin in Gungrave. Lets Zombie Shisui Handle Protagonist Duties Anyway. Also Mafia-Don Tobi Is Now The Villain.

Part 6: Stone Ocean - The Bride IS Andy Dufresne in The Best Fucking Sci-Fi B-Movie Never Made.

Part 7: Steel Ball Run - Simon the Digger IS Frodo Baggins in Speed Racer.

Part 8: Jojolion - Tristan Timothy Taylor IS Bruce Banner in Twin Peaks.

25. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Can I just skip to this one?

26. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You need to at least read steel ball run.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. luckybreak91

luckybreak91 Making the rounds.

Well now you've ruined the entire series for me. I was just getting started.

How am I supposed to enjoy this series knowing that Frodo is going to be in Speed Racer? It's just dull and boring now.

I did always suspect that Clark Kent hunted Vampires in his spare time though. It's so obvious that he's hiding some sort of secret behind those glasses.

Ddmkm122, sassafras and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  28. Ronall

Ronall (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I prefer this pic, it saves you from typing out 1000 words.
    Ironically, due to the size limit on uploading attachments, I probably spent more time uploading the image to a different website then I would've spent typing out a thousand words.

29. FurikoMaru

Ah, but mine is unique to myself!

Oh, incidentally, I'm on a plane tomorrow, so probably no updates of any kind.

Ddmkm122 and EvaUnit01 like this.
  30. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Though I don't really think learning Hamon would be worth it anyways, I would like to mention that with Joseph there is at least one instance of someone learning to use Hamon without being trained in it at all and with Dio using the body of Jonathan for so long, you could argue that Dio picking up the correct breathing subconsciously isn't quite that far of a stretch.
    That said, we'd still have no idea whatsoever how to do anything beyond the basics and even Joseph needed training from a real master to advance properly, so I wouldn't really expect it to be a superior alternative to spending our time on ninjutsu, even if it were possible.