1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Of Ice and Men (Young Justice. Icicle Junior SI.)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Apr 19, 2022.

?

Location of Team's base.

Poll closed May 4, 2022.
  1. Missile Silo in Nebraska

46 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Ski Lodge in Colarado

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Lighthouse in Hawaii

28 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. Ranch in Texas

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Summer Camp in Michigin

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Junkyard in Washington

17 vote(s)
    15.6%
  7. Rundown Hotel in North Carolina

17 vote(s)
    15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FTR2017

FTR2017 Well worn.

Kek at them making fun of Glenn's confusion about Superman and Batman's secret identities.

Oh! And I bet Artemis will be very suspicious about Teddie boi and her mom blushing like newlyweds! :V

2. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Well, Glenn did tell Greta it was fine for Roy to screw hi- with him.

While meanwhile, Jade is just happy her mom is gold digging at the top.

3. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

I love the snowball effect here.
    Roy is still on the team and is actually a good leader.
    Poor Greta finally has friends/family instead of being a poor ghost looking forward to someone killing her bro and sending her on.
    More people are getting on the team earlier than OTL
    Got a bunch of villains who don't want to be villains anymore

Also some interesting snowballs for the other side as well. The Light is getting more work done, more effectively, but there is also more reasons for them NOT to work together as they are already pointing out how stupid some plans are.

4. Flightless Man

Roy just wanted to be taken seriously and here, he is.
    Greta deserved more from the show.

It's not fun if only one side does better or worse. All factions need to roll with the punches.

5. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Yep. And if they go the slow and safe route, then Klarion will get borrreeed. Perhaps he’ll take another stab at Nabu/Dr Fate.

Wild Transient and FTR2017 like this.
  6. BJJPanda

BJJPanda I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ted Kord right?

Flightless Man likes this.
  7. Flightless Man

Yeah. Though I did consider Wildcat as the mentor very early on.

8. Threadmarks: Chapter 23: Have An Ice Day
    Flightless Man

Chapter 23: Have An Ice Day
    Iceberg Lounge, Gotham City
    September 12, 6:26 PM MDT

“He got reservations here?” Roy seems to be the only one unaware of what as going this afternoon and hisses his concern to Ted Kord. Or the only one who just doesn’t care what two consenting adults do.

The Penguin still towers over the building as a giant middle finger to Batman and has done wonders for Oswald’s business. Last to emerge from Roy’s rental, Paula wheels herself over without making more than a few seconds of eye contact with Artemis beside me.

“I can’t believe you Mom.” My ‘date’ barely manages to keep her voice from becoming a snarl. “How could you?”

“I only care about one thing before I pass judgment.” Jade interrupts, her grin proof she knows where Roy’s eyes keep ending up. “How much do you make?”

The flush of embarrassment from Paula, is a perfect match for Artemis’ face when we got back to the house earlier. “Not okay Jade!”

“He can either tell me now, or I can find out after I call tonight in.” Smirking at her mother, Jade is having far to much fun with this mission. “I just thought this was the polite way to do things.”

She’s acting more like a sports agent than a hitwoman. Knowing that Jade has already marked down a half dozen stops on the trip is just making me nervous. But it is fun watching someone else mess with Roy. Maybe it isn’t going to be so bad being stuck in a car with them.

After Jade confirmed my list with a strange quirk of her lips at a few of them, Ted had no problem peeling off his mask. Roy didn’t follow suit until Jade started listing his hospital record from memory. Though that just makes me wonder if Jade’s pulling a double shift, despite her claim.

“I gave Paula my gold and donated my check from Midway.” Oswald wanted me to stop by, so who am I to turn down a free meal. “I can always hit an ATM though, if you’d rather eat somewhere else.”

“This is fine.” Artemis doesn’t give the redhead a chance to start an argument. “Thank you Glenn.”

Narrowing her eyes, Jade focuses on me as her next target. “Still think you should have picked a better name. Glenn Makhent just sounds ridiculous.”

“How about Glenn Friese?” We don’t have to wait in line, Oswald and Tuppence already alerted to our arrival.

“You got emancipated though? How can Viktor adopt you?” Oswald greets us with a lingering leer.

“Just getting my name changed. I could always go with Cobblepot if you have a better offer.”

Snorting at the joke, the retired Penguin does seem to consider it. “You would need to dress far better before I even began considering it.”

“It’s the hair for me,” Tuppence ads with a teasing grin. “Makes him look like the Dairy Queen.” Her own white suit is perfectly tailored to her body and comes with a contentedness I’m happy she finally found.

I get a sidelong glance from Artemis and it makes me explain. “... I was tired of putting holes in my headrest. Decided to try the soft serve look with my hair.”

“Texture’s better. But you really do need to style it.” Without any warning, the youngest Crock reaches up to stroke the back of my head.

“Take the day off tomorrow and go out with your friends my dear.” Oswald gives my former employee a calculated grin. “You haven’t taken a single day off and you really do deserve one.”

“I don’t get in trouble for beating up the troublemakers. I love my job.” Blushing at getting such earnest praise from Cobblepot, Tuppence does end up agreeing to come. “And Tommy called to let me know he’s doing good. Said he’s laying low, just like you told him.”

“I told you I’d get him out.” The confidence with which I say it, gets heads turning from the nearby tables. “Sub-Zero keeps his promises and he doesn’t leave his friends out in the heat.”

After I promise to add a few sculptures before I leave town, Oswald allows use to enjoy our incredible four course meal. He tried to offer dessert as well, but I turned him down with the promise that I’ve got it covered. Not letting all my practice go to waste with this many test subjects.

Knowing that Artemis is still giving him a shoulder colder than one of mine, Ted tries to make conversation with me instead. “I hear you’re checking out some schools. Just thought I should let you know that El Paso has an incredible art program.”

I can feel Artemis kick at him under the table and catch her reddening cheeks out of the corner of my eye. But I really don’t know why the offer got under her skin.

“I wouldn’t mind commissioning a piece outside my office. Something to honour the Justice Society would really mean a lot to me and be easy to explain.” I guess he must have looked up to them when he was a kid. I don’t think he’s the same Blue Beetle who served with the Society.

Sensing something wrong partway through the soup, I notice Artemis glaring at a woman I wish I didn’t recognize. Or at least I wish she had no idea who I was.

Doctor Quinzel is staring at me over the shoulder of her dining companion and I start to sweat when I realize her skin is mint green. Please don’t start anything. Not tonight.

By some miracle, Harleen allows her self to be pulled away when Poison Ivy finishes her business with Cobblepot. But that just gives Artemis nothing to glare at but me.

“She knew you.” The tone is sharp and ready to cut any lie to shreds. “Why?”

“Was my doctor at Arkham. Kind of thought Batman would have caught her by now.” My explanation seems to be enough for Artemis to lose interest and start on her own bowl.

“Hey, mind topping me up?” Artemis leans toward me with her empty glass and I try not to focus on the cut of her dress for more than a half second. You could ask me to do anything wearing that.

I know her and Jade spent the afternoon shopping and on my dime. But after seeing the stunning powder blue dress that she selected, I find it hard to sound smarter than a groundhog.

“Crushed or cubed?” I wait for an answer and fill the glass with her selection already melting.

“If art doesn’t work out for you, is the back up plan to be an ice dispenser?” Teases Jade, clinking her glass with a smirking Roy.

“I’ll go back to finding shipwrecks I guess, if the sculptures turns out to just be a fad.” I don’t notice the sudden interest in the Shadow’s eyes as I start listing the ones I’ve already looked up.

“Atlantis would probably pay me just to clear the seafloor of them. I could float them down to Antarctica and sell whatever salvage I find.” Getting paid double for a single job, that sounds nice.

The rest of the dinner goes about the same. Waves of awkwardness passing into brief moments that could almost pass for civil.

After Roy runs off to help Robin and Superboy with a high speed chase near the mall, Ted is nearly as fast with his own goodbye. When he drops us off at the house, it’s with more than a friendly peck. Artemis is not going to let him off easy for this.

9. Threadmarks: Interlude 14: Delegation Is Divine
    Flightless Man

Interlude 14: Delegation Is Divine
    Watchtower
    September 13, 1:09 PM MDT

“Have we come to an agreement, at least on the ones who proved themselves?” Batman’s eyes roam the conference table and relaxes when no one has issue with them joining the covert team.

“Icon should get invited to join us in the public eye.” Offers Superman with a thoughtful expression on his face. “Same with that other Green Lantern, Guy-”

“No!” Both Hal Jordan and John Stewart shut that down in unison, with Jon at least considering the first suggestion. “But I agree about Icon. It would be a waste after seeing how he handled the hurricane.”

“Blue Devil, Lantern Gardener, and the Atom.” Hawkwoman moves the pictures on everyone’s monitor to the approved side.

Taking over for her fellow warrior, Wonder Woman adds two more names. “England’s Godiva proved herself worthy. As has my own protégé Donna.” At nineteen and trained by amazons, her younger sister didn’t even consider Young Justice.

“Plasticman is a definite no?” The Flash hesitates, before blacking out the picture with Batman’s growled confirmation.

“What about Black Lightning and Firebrand?” Concerned about his family being blamed for something he also fell prey to, Red Tornado reminds everyone the two are now free from hostile control.

“Both wish to make up for nearly ending the world. As far as my sister is concerned, she is still an active member of the Justice Society.” As soon as he points out Guardian’s many failures as chaperone, the rest of the League approves having Firebrand replace him. It will let her adjust to modern times better than staying here on the Watchtower with me.

“Would you be willing to spend a month or so helping her adjust?” Batman turns everyone’s attention towards a suddenly giddy Captain Marvel. “You are one of our most sociable.”

Trying not to reveal how happy he is, the transformed Billy Batson gives a thumbs up. “If you think I’m the right guy for the job, sure.”

Nodding along with the discussion, Black Canary sees the value in letting Black Lightning redeem himself out of the public’s eyes. “Jefferson isn’t to blame. But the world might not see it like that until he’s got some missions under his belt.”

“The last three, do we want to reach out to Chief?” Green Arrow brings up the last of the people being discussed for an invitation and frowns from uncertainty. “What about Robot Man or Negative Woman? I really don’t know anything about them.”

“She’s Russian.” Having done the research, Batman fills everyone in with a tired sigh. “And Chief is the one who saved Clifford Steele’s life, by putting his brain in it’s new body.”

Turning to Black Canary with a grimace, Green Arrow makes his own preference plainly heard. “Pull the plug if I ever end up like that. I don’t want to be kept alive by machines unless it’s a temporary treatment.”

“What about Red Arrow?” Black Canary asks for her partner. “He’s almost eighteen now and our excuse is almost gone.”

“If he can keep up the performance until November...” Staring hard at the League’s archer, Batman draws out his words. “I see no reason not to extend an offer to him. Prove the training team has a purpose, before they think it’s just to humour them.”

“Are we going to talk about the five Waller didn’t let escape?” Flash reminds everyone about Bane, the Riddler, Killer Frost, Wotan, and Hyena.

With a grin at finally having enough heroes to delegate, Batman points to the monitor. “I think this is a perfect job for the covert team.”

Mount Justice, Happy Harbor
    September 15, 10:28 PM EDT

Lex Luthor leads his newest employee through her workspace and watches Amanda Waller closely. “The Justice League may have cleaned the place out after I made the purchase, but the mountain is yours.”

“It shouldn’t take long before it’s better than they left it.” Genomorphs fill the halls as they bring the facility up to Lex’s prolific standards.

Finding nothing that crosses any of her own moral lines, Amanda is almost ready to accept the job. “I’m not sure how I feel about the Atlantean or the mute girl. But the rest I can have ready by years end.”

“Prince Orm insisted and we don’t want to offend him. He’s provided us with so many splendid toys.” With most of the world unaware of what Atlantean technology looks like, this is how Lex covers up the technology from far beyond the solar system.

“Wish I had one of these at Belle Reve.” Amanda finds it hard to argue with the extremely advanced plasma pistol in her holster.

Letting a devious grin appear, Lex agrees with the imposing woman now in charge of the base. “Would have turned Heatwave to ash if you did.”

“You said Guardian was going to be the head of my security? I thought he was babysitting Young Justice?” She scowls at the reminder of her own rescue, hating the idea of being in debt to anyone.

“Guardian was let go.” Lex doesn’t elaborate further on the why. “He will help you train the candidates when they arrive. You just need to make sure my son is prepared to meet his ‘friends’.”

When they get to the only room already in use, a bald teen who looks strikingly like Superboy is present. “Hey dad. This the woman who’s going to get me ready for the big leagues?”

Adonis smashes another granite statue to dust with a single punch and grins when neither heartbeats increase. “I guess she’ll do.”

A burst of fireworks suddenly ignite in the air, creating a spinning ring of sparks. From it emerges a grinning Klarion and his companion. The Indian girl fits in with her also bald head, but the glowing purple eyes mark her as something special.

“Is this the place? I already lit a library on fire looking for you.” Snickers the Chaos Lord as his protégé steps forward for an introduction. “Since Junior and Match worked out so well, I thought I’d make one of my own. Jinx, say hello.”

“Another one?” The one now referred to as Adonis is suddenly interested in the slender girl. “She not from around here either?”

“She’s not as prime a specimen as you are, don’t worry.” Klarion pats the clone on the head, condescension dripping with each word. “I just had whatever was left of Cameron and figured I’d have some fun. It’s been amusing watching the connection give Sub-Zero all manner of bad luck.”

Scowling at the situation, Jinx speaks in a very masculine voice. “And if I do what you want, I get my body back?”​

10. FTR2017

FTR2017 Well worn.

Cameron, Cameron, Cameron ... when you heard the phrase 'try walking in their shoes', it was metaphorical and meant empathy, not this! :V

11. NightmareWarden

Oh. Ohhhh this is weird- Amanda doesn’t know about Klarion. All he’s done on Earth was minor stuff and attacking Fate. But… as soon as he pulls something big, I guess Lex will drop him?

Poor Glenn, he has a doppelgänger now.

Just to be clear, Klarion didn’t walk through a boom tube when he entered, right? It was just a magic portal?

Looking at Adonas (Match) I wonder which of the Light’s new toys he might have tucked away under his skin. Nanobots? Red Sun activation code words? Something to enhance his laser vision? Maybe someone stole a sample from Queen Bee?

12. Flightless Man

Maybe Tuppence will finally give him a chance.

The Starro never got destroyed. They don't need to steal samples.

Or is Glenn the doppelganger?

Yes, Klarion basically made a sling ring portal.
    Serling was captured and the Fog never used. That's still tucked away for something. Definitly has code words to shut him down. Anything else is a mystery for now.

13. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

Meh. I'd still tap that.

Also wew since that post I've made, I keep imagining Klarion walking talking and looking like Big Lebowski, and I can't stop grinning.

That could have been my favourite idea this year.

14. Flightless Man

Can't prove that I would.

It's the kind of idea I would have run with and turned into a story if I didn't already have one to finish.

15. Threadmarks: Chapter 24: The Ice Of Gas These Days
    Flightless Man

Chapter 24: The Ice Of Gas These Days
    Gotham City, New Jersey
    September 16, 11:14 AM EDT

As I pull out of the dealership, Artemis tries to sink as low in the passenger seat as possible. “Someone’s going to see me in this thing. You have terrible taste.”

“Don’t talk about yourself that way.” The retort slips out before I have a chance to think about my words, leaving the two of us in awkward silence as I flounder. “Besides, you said Greta would like the picture frames that change pictures like a slide show.”

“Didn’t seem that interested when I got all dressed up for you,” She grumbles back just low enough, that I’m not positive she actually said anything. “Guess you met someone else this summer.”

“Was I supposed to?” She slapped me last time. “I seem to recall getting read the riot act last time?”

Rolling her eyes, Artemis flicks the radio to something faster. “And here I thought you finally smartened up. It wouldn’t have been out of nowhere.”

The familiar beat of ‘Weapon of Choice’ drowns out the hammering in my chest, as I watch a suddenly quiet Artemis out of the corner of my eye. Getting no clue at the correct response, I can feel myself begin to sweat.

“Jade’s obviously going to try seducing you back to the Shadows. I don’t want it to work on you.” The honesty in her voice is enough for me to smile in relief.

“Which part?” Are we actually talking about this? Not just ignoring it like we always used to?

“... Either,” She admits after another song of tense eye contact. “Here.” reaching into her purse for something, Artemis pulls out one of those Nokia bricks. “I already put my number in it and the one for the house. Let me know when you’re getting close to El Paso, I’ll show you around.”

“Like a real date?” I have no idea how I haven’t soaked right through the cushions by now.

Artemis just shrugs as I pull up on the street outside her house. “You should probably figure that out before you call.”

Roy is first one out of the house, with Jade and Paula following at a sane pace. “What the hell is this? You bought a hippie van!”

“Stop whining Red. It does have a bed.” Jade’s whisper is anything but, which has Artemis glaring at me with an ‘I told you so’ look.

“And it’s all mine.” I pull open the back doors of the sea green van, taking the first suitcase from a scowling Roy. “You and Jade invited yourselves along. You can pack a tent or pay for a room.”

Gotham City, New Jersey
    September 16, 2:49 PM EDT

“Why are we slowing down outside the police station?” Patrick O’Brian shifts nervously in the middle seat between Jade and I.

“Going away present for Batman.” Sticking my arm out the open window, I blast the lawn with a beam of blue energy.

The two bats I create are dancing mid flight and each the size of a squad car. The crunched legs of a firefly, are in the jaws of the flying fox without a bow.

Happy to have an audience to judge my work, I turn to a gloomy Roy stuck with the stool seat in the back. “How does that look dude? Did I make the ears big enough?”

“I hate that you’re actually good at that.” Admits the redhead with a bitter voice. “My stick men look fat.”

“Aren’t you rich? Hire a tutor.” I figured it out, so can you.

Jade focuses on on specific word and nearly purrs her question. “How rich are we talking?”

“Wait, are you a prostitute?” Blurts out Patrick as his jaw drops right down to the bench seat.

“I will find a way to hurt you.” Jade gives a deadpan warning that has Plasticman flinching away from her.

Recognizing the tone from the time Cameron lost a tooth, I pat the stretchy man on the shoulder consolingly. “She’s good at it. Don’t call the bluff, not unless you really miss saying ouch.”

“... I’m alright.” Whines my only invited guest, his body sliding away from the lethal woman.

“New York or Florida?” I’m going to have to hit one on the way back, may as well let Roy decide what kind of scenery he sees. Might leave him less pissy.

“Will you melt in the sun?” I get a concerned look from O’Brian. You seemed to be pretty out of it after Yellowstone.”

“How hot do you think Florida is?” Jade gives the wannabe actor a look of stunned disbelief.

“I dunno...” Mutters Patrick, clearly embarrassed at being called out so bluntly. “Just making sure.”

“It took about a week for Vegas to start really bothering me.” And that was a dry heat, just left me sapped. “I should be fine at the beach for a few days.”

“We need to make a stop in Kentucky.” Jade reminds me pointedly, pointing at the road map she marked at Paula’s.

Raising his voice over us, Roy rejoins the conversation with a growl. “Do I get any say in this?”

“You want to see something?” I could keep up the rivalry, but I’m already a little unnerved at how intense Roy is. “I don’t mind making a slight detour.”

Don’t want to end up pushing him over the edge. He might kill us all and torch the van on a back road somewhere.

“I didn’t actually get a chance to enjoy the Grand Canyon,” Roy admits eventually and I realize he spent the whole time watching for me.

“No problem. Just chip in for gas and it’s all cool.” I’m not the one sleeping in the tent.

Miami, Florida
    September 17, 4:13 PM EDT

“Nope!” I race down the steps before the others have even made it back to the parking lot. “I saw a guy frenching an alligator, I’m giving this school a pass.” And that was only the first of a half dozen horrors I witnessed.

Roy is almost knocked to the ground, when I grab the keys back in a frantic dash for the safety of my van. “You didn’t even give the place a chance!”

“Don’t need to!” I haven’t stopped running since I saw it and am still panting by the time they find me panting. My hands are shaking so much, it looks like I’m a drunk trying to go home after closing time.

“Florida Man is one foe, that I just don’t have it in me to face.” Ra’s may not truly terrify me anymore.

If he just wanted me dead, Jade never would have said hello. But today I learned the true depravity of humanity.

“Whatever you saw in the less than ten minutes since we left, was enough to traumatize you?” Roy looks over his shoulder warily.

“I’d rather put out another volcano.” Maybe two.

Jade however, just gets a thoughtful look. “Wasn’t part of the plan. But you did want to see all fifty states.”​

16. Jkript

Jkript I trust you know where the happy button is?

Lets not talk about florida, that is a silly place.

17. Flightless Man

Pretty much my exact reasoning. I got to make the Florida Man joke and then race back for the state line.

18. ThedudeManBro

Be careful.
    [​IMG]
    He tracks his prey by movement and alcohol content.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  19. ArsMagna1337

ArsMagna1337 (Unverified Oracle) (Unverified Omake Machine)

True Florida Man Facts: Florida Man is that one guy that the Apokolips can't do anything against. Why? He is the only one who managed to drive the fear of His GLORIOUS Floridaness towards all of them, and that was after Darkseid got the Anti-Life Equation for the first time. That Equation ran away the moment he entered the scene, leaving Darkseid at his Floridian mercies.

20. Barbaric_Bob

Barbaric_Bob [Barbarus-Maximus]

Darkseid: Darkseid fears no man, but that thing *points at florida man pouring beer in a gator's mouth* that thing scares me

21. NightmareWarden

Road Trip!
    …number two!

I wonder if Glenn will get a few more of these trips. Or if this will be interrupted due to an emergency with Mr Frieze he needs to attend to. Glenn could get one when he eventually goes to Antarctica, perhaps aboard a ship, but then again ships can feel awfully slow in a world of superpowers.

I’m not especially confident that Artemis and Glenn would work out if they did start dating. I can understand why Artemis is crushing on him, but even knowing a few of his issues, I’m not sure if she has the right attitude to be supportive. She’s a teenager. Glenn strikes me as the sort who would prefer a woman older than him. Maybe Jinx, once she gets that pesky soul parasite removed.

22. Flightless Man

And now Ra's spends all his time trying to recruit Florida man. "Sub-Zero is willing to go against the entire organization, but was scared out of the state in under 10 minutes... Cheshie, new target!"

More of finishing the the trip after his little prison break. I thought showng his changes by giving him company ould be a nice paralel.

Antarctica, Iceland, Alaska, and Everest are all destinations planned eventually.

It's why I left it open ended right now. I'm basing it on chemistry and reasoning out how the personalities mesh. I'm one of the believers in time x proximity x effort = love people. I think most people could be happy with pretty much everyone (at least for the dating period). I'm not set on any relationships in fiction, except for a very few I argue for: Bert/Ernie, Chandler/Rachel, Annie/Jeff/Britta, Kara/Barbara (DCAU only), Bruce/Diana(DCAU, not the continuation comics), Sheldon/Penny, Jake/Gia, Clark/Lex (first 3 seasons of smallville) or Clark/Lois (rest of show).

If people have good reasons Glenn should ask her on a date, he will. If they have good reasons for him saying no, he will. If no one convinces me, I'll do what feels right.

23. BJJPanda

BJJPanda I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't know how big I am on more SI, I have never liked it when there was more than one since it feels overbloated.

24. Flightless Man

All I can say for now.

25. Threadmarks: Interlude 15: Kids These Days
    Flightless Man

Interlude 15: Kids These Days
    Mission Silo, Nebraska
    September 18, 10:27 AM MDT

With Roy gone on his mission, Greta shows the replacement den-mother around her home, while Captain Marvel trails along beside the rest of the team.

“You’re going to live here all the time with Roy and me?” The blonde spirit crosses her arms and gives the gyndroid a wary look. “Are you going to make me turn the music down at night?”

“Is it loud enough to cause structural damage?” Danette Reilly seems completely human with her synthetic skin, with it stretching into a smile that perfectly disguises her red undercarriage.

Once concerned about that very same thing, M’gann explains without the smirking. “It’s just music. It doesn’t actually make the rocks roll.”

“I am here to keep you safe and help you train, in exchange for modern socialization.” Ignoring the chuckles, Firebrand cannot find reason to object. “This was not covered in my briefing as objectionable behavior. Proceed as you wish.”

“Just out of curiosity, what is considered objectionable?” Wally gives Megan a glance out of the corner of his eye. Whatever thought he sent her, leaves both faces as red as his old costume.

“Violence outside the training room.” The engine of fire starts to list them in the exact order given. Leaving the country without approval, consumption of drugs or alcohol, and-”

Captain Marvel cuts in with a grin. “And they don’t want to listen to the speech. Just give them a print out and we can finish the tour.”

“Just so you know he’s really not mad at you, Glenn got you something.” Holding up a wrapped box, Artemis ignores the teasing from Robin. “We got Roy a camera and linked it up to the frames. Give you a little taste of America, here in your room.”

Eight electronic picture frames of various size are pulled out and passed around. Each one already has pictures when they get turned on, giving the team a window into Glenn’s rehabilitation.

“Look’s like they’ve been busy. I think this one is in Kentucky.” Robin holds up his own blue frame, revealing a snow covered mountain.

“Did he make his own ski hill?” More excited than the teens expected from a League member, Captain Marvel snatches the frame away. “That’s so cool!”

“How big is that snowman?” Zatanna holds up her own frame and the trio of balls that tower overs the trees nearby. “That has to be a world record.”

Letting out a sigh, Artemis points at the picture in her hands. “I think he got inspired by the largest toilet.”

The porcelain throne is bigger than a building. But the icy imitation is nearly three times the size, fitting all four travelers on the flusher with room to spare.

“It’s nice seeing Roy smiling,” Proclaims Greta when the image in Kaldur’s hand changes once again. This time showing Glenn passed out on a bed, with Roy carefully drawing all over his face.

“Is that a tattoo?” Noticing the actually well done art on Glenn’s shoulder, Zatanna gets just a little jealous. “What do you think it?”

Tossing out his own guess first, Wally shout’s out ‘orange snake’, a split second before Robin’s own cry of ‘Cheezie’. Captain Marvel gets close with Tony the Tiger. But Artemis shuts all the guesses down with a firm no.

“It’s Garfield the cat and he’s saying he hates Sundays.” She eventually explains after the guesses just become ridiculous.

“Does he think that’s clever?” Wally snorts at such a lame answer. “I was expecting better from him.”

“I’m more interested in how you know that.” Smirks Zatanna as she playfully elbows her blonde friend.

“Saw it with Mom after he got stabbed.” Snorts the archer on site. “Get your mind out of the gutter Zee.”

Greta loses interest in the bickering quickly and watches the pictures change with rapt attention. “What’s this animal? It looks like a really fat deer.”

“That’s a moose...” Captain Marvel explains happily. “And that’s it’s poop.”

Face screwed up in disgust, Wally blinks rapidly in an attempt to process. “Which one of them took the picture?”

“Jade.” Artemis has no doubt in her very annoyed voice. “It was definitely her.”

“But why?” A very confused Megan asks for everyone.

“Dad used to tell me it was from Bigfoot. Jade must be trying to keep the family tradition alive...” Artemis trails of as she realizes the intended target of the trickery. “Er... in spirit at least. Sorry Greta.”

Flabbergasted at why Artemis would apologize for giving her such a wonderful gift, Greta lets out some of her newfound sass. “Sorry that your boyfriend isn’t really a super villain? Because I like this version a whole lot better than the guy Roy told me about.”

“I think Roy does too.” Chuckling at the latest picture, Robin points out Plasticman as Artemis hisses ‘not my boyfriend’. His mouth stretched open more than wide enough, to eat the wiener mobile parked beside the sea green van. “Look in the corner.”

Once he directs everyone to the right spot, the laughter starts. A shirtless Roy has a mud covered Glenn in a secure headlock. The smiles on both faces is enough to put them all at ease.

“Can you hang them up for me?” Pleads the transparent Greta. “Pretty please.” And with those words, no one can find it in themselves to object.

“This is fun and everything.” Zatanna admits as she waits for Greta’s approval. “But I do actually want to get some training in today. Dad’s been a real worry wart since Yellowstone and I need to burn off some steam before I go home today.”

“Keep away or sparring?” Eager to get some real bonding in with heroes closer to his true age, Captain Marvel responds with a wide grin. “Oh this is going to be so much fun! You all have a sixty second head start and you have to avoid me and Firebrand.”

Scowling at how simple it sounds, Robin raises an objection. “Are you just making us play super power tag?”

“... Batman made me do it when I joined the League.” Embarrassed at not making the connection before, Captain Marvel loses a bit of pep.

“That doesn’t facilitate teamwork,” Firebrand comes to his rescue unknowingly. “It would be better if they chased us. Only winning, if each touches at least one of us under a time limit.

“Okay. That I can actually pretend is real training.” Chirps Robin with no more annoyance in his voice.​

26. Jkript

Jkript I trust you know where the happy button is?

2 bros mud wrestling with out shirts cause they are not gay

27. Flightless Man

They just both really like the classic Greccan sport and think it should be performed authentically.

28. Akatsunami

Akatsunami The Potatoist.

There is a lot more two classic Greek bros would perform, those wouldn't really be called a sport though.

29. Flightless Man

Well that's just part of the training process. If you want to be authentic at least.

30. ThedudeManBro

Nice to see that our resident popsicle stand managed to thaw out The Real Slim Shady Red Archer through the power of Greek roughhousing (it's not gay if it's Greek guyz)

Last edited: May 12, 2022