1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. An option to display times with the 24 hour standard is now available. To change it, go to Preferences > Locale > Language and choose the 'English - 24 Hour Clock' option. If you prefer the 12 hour clock, you don't need to do anything, it's the default.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. Zaynal

Zaynal Gotta get dat power fantasy~

Heh

Relyt33 likes this.
  2. Fulcon

Fulcon Wim Hoff Method Initiate

I will do my utmost to make sure this story is as good as it can be.

Call me dumb, but I can't tell if you're joking or not. Either way, it is funny.

Exactly!

*laughs*

Have a cookie.

3. Zaynal

Zaynal Gotta get dat power fantasy~

That's all I can really ask for. Also, I just realized I haven't given you the Isekai treatment where I summarize a chapter into an Isekai title yet. Can't think of one right now, maybe next time?

Edit: Got it.

That Time My Goddess Wife Tried and Failed to Convince me to Build a Harem

acerak, zedred, moonmoon and 3 others like this.
  4. Fulcon

That's awesome. :D

Have a cookie.

Relyt33 and RazielofSecrets like this.
  5. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Not too sore, are you?

Just throwing this out there, but people often say I love you a lot as a form of psychological reassurance. You tell them you love them, because you need to hear it again. Once you get past the uncertainty stage, you still will feel enjoyment from hearing it from your significant other, or expressing it. (This is why you see new couples being disgustingly sweet to each other) The fact that they rushed into this relationship so fast basically means they should both be desperate for mutual positive reinforcement as proof that they haven't fucked up badly.(Not to mention their own brands of psychological damage) They could literally be crafted as soul mates specifically for each other, and that uncertainty would still exist on some base lizard brain level...Relationships are Hard okay>

zedred, Relyt33, llat-2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Bellcross

Bellcross Getting sticky.

Well that's not true... polygamy is still being practiced, In Parts of USA(look it up), India, Africa... hell my grandfather had 3 wives... polygamy is still being practiced.. it just doesn't always fit the exact definition of polygamy... a Guy who have multiple girlfriends who are all aware of each other and have children together and love each other but can't get married to to the law and not finding loopholes...

The Main Problem of Polygamy/ Harems is infighting, Yandare like tendency's.. and lust for power or authority over each other..( Everyone want's to be the Head..)

Zsombi, zedred, Rechte and 4 others like this.
  7. Fulcon

Huh, I didn't know that.

...which means Daisuke didn't either.

(Actually, wait. I did - that mess with the FLDS church was nasty.)

But thank you for contributing to the sum of Fulcon's knowledge. :)

Have a plate of cookies.

Yup! This is absolutely factual.

8. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Any role you need.

Or they think Anko and Daisuke are incredibly insecure. Nope, they're as insecure as normal human beings. They need something that should be a once spoken fact reaffirmed so that they can believe that someone actually... ugh... loves them.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Zsombi, llat-2, mariic and 2 others like this.
  9. Fulcon

*nods nods*

This is true...probably why I say it so much, now that I think about it.

Hm.

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Getting sticky.

So, respectful discussion of thing in the chapter that will stop immediately if anyone's uncomfortable time.

As an Atheist I have countless reasons for refusing every single religion, such that I've no use for petty barbs about ancient policy not even practiced anymore, and which isn't even offensive to me.

Different spectrums of reasons for different spectrums of religions of course, but one almost universally applies. I refuse to worship, and allow to dictate my life rules, anything unwilling or unable to demonstrate its existence, and any claims it makes.

An actual physically demonstrable deity with a set of rewards and punishments on a quantifiable behavior web? Sure, I'd consider that.

Not having this basic rule in place would allow anyone with a suitably compelling story what I see as an unwarranted level of control over me. I'll still gladly be friends with religious people, so long as they don't get too insistent about converting me, but they'll have to accept that I'm just not joining their belief system.

This is all before we get into specific religions with specific objections from me.

Now on to the rest of the chapter. Most of the other points in the discussion are things we already talked about in a well written matter. I enjoyed the callbacks and can be patient for the other things planned.

Relyt33, Fulcon and RichardWhereat like this.
  11. Fulcon

Well, the closest experience I have to that comes from, well, reading the Book of Mormon.

At the end, it's got an invitation from Moroni, Mormon's son. Basically saying 'after you've read this, think about it, about everything you've read, then try praying to ask God if it's true'.

I did.

I got an answer in the affirmative. Very similar to a burning or swelling motion in the chest. After that, it was just carrying on from there, testing the principles I was taught and finding that I liked living them better than how I used to do things before.

If you're interested, and I don't know if you are, we can talk about it some more in PM's if this discussion annoys too many people.

Pretty much. Thank you for your patience. :)

llat-2 and Relyt33 like this.
  12. Rechte

Rechte Getting out there.

What even is marriage? Just a title that grants 1 privilege at the end of the day, which is hospital based things where only family is allowed. No laws against living together, no laws against having kids, no law about who's not allowed to inherit things

Zsombi, Dragonriderjh and Fulcon like this.
  13. Galacticplumber

It's not uncommon for it to include various tax breaks, and to improve the chances of successfully adopting children in some areas. It's not meaningless on a practical level.

14. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Getting out there.

My condolences for your inability to chat with your grandma for a while.

Fulcon likes this.
  15. Fulcon

Aunt, but yeah. Thank you. :)

16. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Getting out there.

Oof. Now I feel even worse since it seems like I half-assed it. My bad.

Fulcon likes this.
  17. Mike45

Mike45 Getting some practice in, huh?

Kingdom of Heaven to her.:(

llat-2, Fulcon and SageHiddenDragon like this.
  18. Fulcon

It's okay, I appreciate the sentiment all the same. :)

Yup, yup.

19. Masterjaxx

Masterjaxx Not too sore, are you?

Im kinda curious how he would react if Anko were to tell him that she was bisexual and had had previous relationships with other women, like Kurenai for instance. How differently would Daisuke be processing these decisions if he came to believe that his wife wanted co-wives for her own sake as well.

Daisuke is a very complicated person so i doubt things would smoothly transition into endless threesomes. But once he gets past the additional stressors of knowing that his girl has needs he isn't best suited to meet, i would suspect that agreeing would be more likely. Because at that point it's not all about just him, it becomes something that they can share.

I imagine it would put quite a tilt on the way things develop.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Zsombi and Galacticplumber like this.
  20. Galacticplumber

You know, that's actually a really interesting idea. I support its inclusion on the grounds that it's another way to add to the emotional depth of the situation.

Zsombi, Fulcon and Masterjaxx like this.
  21. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 I trust you know where the happy button is?

bit iffy on the whole "sex SLAVE" bit...
    Polyamory is a lot of work, but with Ninshu and comminication it probably would work...

Zsombi and Fulcon like this.
  22. mariic

mariic Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Daisuke: "Can you call them sex servants instead of slaves?"
    Anko: "But that implies they get paid."
    Daisuke : "Then I'm willing to negotiate salaries."

23. Zsombi

Zsombi Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I don't know if the thread is fresh enough to not be a necro. if so I apologise, but I decided to post again anyway.

The only reasons polygamy is not widespread in the world are: religion, people being weak or insufficiently strong willed, and the states' unwillingness or inability to work out a viable legal structure for it (likely both, but more so the former stemming from the first two reasons - likely they themselves are not comfortable with it so they abuse their power and are lazy so the law and by extension somewhat engineered public acceptance is tailored to fit their ideals at the expense of those who could otherwise make it work).

Biologically speaking polygamy is way better than monogamy.
    From a pure evolutionary practicality monogamy is inefficient for both increasing one's genetic line (population/family) size as well as finding the best genetic combinations.

I accept the character's reasoning regardless of how irrational and selfish I find them, but I am a practical-minded person so in his place I would have already suggested it if not secured a few willing candidates Before ascension.

Zaynal likes this.