1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

So apparently one of the prices that Itachi placed on the Uchiha massacre was that Danzo left Sasuke alone.

Danzo is dead, but while he was alive, Itachi worked with him a little. Itachi knows that Danzo wanted the Kyuubi under his complete control and he'd use that to get Naruto isolated and learn of his location.

That make sense?

2. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Well this is surprisingly a kind Kisame.

Some how though he has to realize that trying to abduct the Hokage's son who has a God as a best friend is the worst idea of all?

I'm guessing Itachi has already figured this out.

3. MasterMarx

MasterMarx The Most Ridiculous Boss

Obito is... broken. More broken than I remember him being. It's actually genuinely sad.

Relyt33, RichardWhereat and Fulcon like this.
  4. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Of course the resolutions wouldn't be quick or clean. These are deeply ingrained traumas at the core of literally every involved character's motivations and thought processes. Jiraya was the closest to sane, and even would've done what Minato had demanded without the resurrection to enforce the order. The man is used to having his life flipped up turned upside down.

Obito already resolved that reality couldn't possibly be real, and thus there was nothing wrong with substituting a happier fake. To a mind that busted any stimulus sufficiently potent will make SOMETHING happen, but lets be real it's a fucking roulette wheel.

Itachi... Saner than Obito, but one does not simply genocide their entire clan without developing Problems. Still, he never stopped trying to protect Konoha, and his brother. With him I predict ultimately a decent end with a bumpy road getting there.

Also yes Kisame is kind to Itachi. The whole reason he's in Akatsuki was the sales pitch of creating a world without lies. That this world would BE a lie didn't seem to register. The man is powerful and loyal, not particularly smart. Other than that plan his ONLY motivation is his sole remaining friend Itachi.

In other words? All is going according to plan. That's not a bad thing either. Sometimes you can't be surprised because with given known variables causality only allows one outcome. Many of my predictions have competing predictions or varying confidence attached. These events were not in that group.

5. MasMaud

MasMaud Not too sore, are you?

Untrue. Its just that Anko is busy teaching that stuff to him

6. Fulcon

Literally half of the entry of his personality on the wiki was about his loyalty to Itachi. I figured he'd be pretty nice to the guy.

He has.

Obito's cognitive dissonance only got worse when good news showed up.

He wouldn't take 'everything being for nothing' well.

*nods nods*

This is true and canon holds your statement as verifiable fact.

Do you?

Interesting.

*Fulcon will remember that*

*nods nods*

I was a little afraid I was writing Kisame as...dumb. Turns out that's just IC. So that's cool!

Interesting! I'm sure you figured for something like these events to happen, do they change anything or make things clearer going forward?

...take your cookie.

7. Galacticplumber

Confirmation of events predicted at this level of certainty changes nothing involving the future plan. Technically dispels the possibility of getting blindsided from left field with information we didn't have interfering, but you generally don't cheat like that.

As for the Itachi decent end prediction, keep in mind that's from his perspective. In the end he is content. There are two general types of outcome relative to him which meet that requirement, and to have neither occur would require either things happening at the absolute most unlikely of the prediction range, or for you to interpret Itachi's desires and motivations differently despite those being pretty blatantly laid out in canon.

Predictions I make with any level of confidence have a dramatic pile of evidence behind them.

Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  8. Fulcon

Good point. One time I did cheat like that on accident. Never happening again.

Good point!

...why do I now have an insane desire to go through your piles of evidence to see how much of it was deliberate and how much wasn't...

Relyt33 and aig like this.
  9. Bellcross

Bellcross Plot is king

It's not just that, he would be one of the worst people they could have placed Naruto with.
    Jiraiya was of the 3 sanin. Eyes were constantly on one him. The Ninja villages also knew that Jiraiya trained Minato. Any enemy ninja that saw Jiraiya with a blond baby might assume that the child is related to Minato. Even if they didn't they would still attempt to either kill or kidnap Naruto since Jiraiya clearly valued the child.
    And since Jirayia was constantly on missions they'd eventually get a chance to kill or kidnap baby Naruto.

Staying within the hidden leaf was the best idea. He's blond hair would blend in with the other orphans, or they might assume he's a bastard from Yamanaka clan.

Rechte, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  10. Galacticplumber

Well for starters there's canon depictions of characters, which you hold no responsibility for, and are part of the pile on the grounds that they influence your depiction.

There's our collective musings on characters from the threads themselves which are a separate pile from direct canon depiction, because interpretation, persuasion of just how correct interpretation is, and your direct reactions factor in. This is a very large factor, because you are very social in the thread, and we muse on things nigh constantly.

There's depiction of characters earlier in your work, which while mostly deliberate has marked incidents where you didn't know what you were doing, but your brain did. Tied directly into the next point.

There's my mental image of you. The thing that gets used for the reads when evidence logic, and literary convention don't give a clear answer. To put a simple label on it, it's the same thing people use in games of competitive strategy to predict opponents used for an unusual purpose. The more we interact the more accurate the image becomes.

Edit: Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAA, once again with the Yamanaka Naruto idea... Deliberate reference to previous post I made about more intelligent options for Sarutobi, or coming to the conclusion independently?

11. anhrefn

anhrefn Thou Shalt Enjoy NTR Gone for Good

12. Fulcon

See, I agree with this.

The problem is that, well...Minato and Kushina didn't see that. And I guess Jiraiya didn't either, since he said yes to their insane demand.

*nods nods*

Interesting, you're using game theory (is that right) on me to determine how the plots going to go?

...now I want to know what your image of me looks like.

Also, I saw the Yamanaka Clan thing happen in another series of fics. One where Hiashi becomes Hokage? I don't remember what it was called.

Thanks for posting this. Have a cookie. :)

Relyt33 likes this.
  13. Galacticplumber

Game theory is part of it. That's quite reductive though. There's a lot of subconscious reading going on. Logical deduction can only predict a person so far. Past that we get into the complex machines we aren't aware of that govern social interactions.

Strategy games are more than just math. There's also deliberately playing in ways not quite optimal specifically because playing optimally every time is predictable and thus suboptimal. Doing this deliberately is referred to in the jargon as entering Donkey Space.

Also I desperately want to see how that turned out, and will be grateful for a link if you remember.

14. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

My prediction is that Itachi is going to want to reclaim his honour by starting with, writing his poem.. the kid is depressed, and he now knows his brother is safe and protected. Except, that's too easy an out, and people are going to force him to live with his mistakes. So he'll likely end up as he did in Branches, a pacifist gardener shouldering the burdens of what he had to do when he was a kid.

Nice poetic way of putting that with Jiraiya.

aig, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  15. anhrefn

anhrefn Thou Shalt Enjoy NTR Gone for Good

"I see you making mistakes and that's s not a sin
    Except when you make someone else bleed
    You're leaving my life
    And it seems that it'll take a while
    If you can't come back
    At least send some news

I'm enjoying every second...
    ...this tragedy

And it's useless to look for me
    in other villages, other hot-springs
    I've been here all the time
    But you didn't notice it."

totally original

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Relyt33 likes this.
  16. Fulcon

I don't remember at all. I'm sorry. :(

Was it the first try series? I don't think so?

You know, I'll let you in on a secret.

Once Itachi's real role in the Akatsuki-Konoha conflict is played, I don't know where he goes. Yet.

So your prediction is as valid as any others that wind up here on the forums.

I was looking for a culturally applicable alternative to 'face the music'. It came pretty quick and I'm glad you liked it. :)

Nice poem. :)

RichardWhereat, aig and Relyt33 like this.
  17. dragondude

dragondude Not too sore, are you?

Actually, I can see Daisuke being interested in learning senjutsu from jiraiya. not sure if that would make him more powerful but it sounds like a special perk locked away by needing a teacher, like ninshu. I'm excited for the oncoming trainwreck that is the chunin exams. Daisuke's housesitter is sure to get a lot of visitors and the aftermath should be plenty of motivation to assault akatsuki and get the fragments of kaguya along the way.

Relyt33, Fulcon and RichardWhereat like this.
  18. Galacticplumber

I mean.... Casual increase in sensory ability if nothing else.

Fulcon likes this.
  19. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Jiraiya: I can teach more! I've had years of experience-
    Daisuke: *pulls out Kamasutra* And this is about a few lifetimes worth. From the people who invented the word Chakra

cue more misunderstandings about his godhood

Sheaman3773, Relyt33, Fulcon and 2 others like this.
  20. Fulcon

Yeah...in your guy's opinion, what does Daisuke stand to gain from Sage Mode? Just in your opinion.

It will be a train-wreck that makes the canon Chunin exams look like a base-ball went through someone else's window on accident.

At least, that's the hope.

That's next chapter, actually. :)

What if I told you...that Zetsu was crazy enough to go up to Daisuke and ask him to bring Kaguya back?

(not saying he is, just picture it if he were).

*laughs*

Have a cookie.

dragondude likes this.
  21. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Nothing he can't already gain from game mechanics and some makeup

22. High Lord Rokland

High Lord Rokland Not too sore, are you?

If Jiraiya had met Diasuke earlier, he might have believed he was the child of prophecy.

23. dragondude

dragondude Not too sore, are you?

Does the game have a cap limit on how much you can augment yourself with chakra? Like is it, spend 10 chakra get 10 strength, spend infinite chakra get infinite strength? Is chakra use a flat bonus? Does it make no difference at all? I would speculate that, if chakra is at all relevant to how strong he is then it would have a higher flat bonus or greater effect per unit of chakra spent.

Beyond that, does nature chakra have any unique capabilities that human chakra doesn't? I suspect it would have some effect on elemental jutsu at least.

Lastly, if he can use nature chakra with the sensor perk, or with ninshu then I would expect him to gain a greatly expanded and more detailed perception of his environment. Which could help the next time jashin tries to sneak up on him.

Honestly, with his supposed focus on knowledge, I would expect him to pursue just for a better understanding of the world. Or if he ever wants to expand the livable territory of the elemental nations without nature chakra killing people.

Yeah, but I meant foreign politico's trying to get in touch with daisuke, not ino and hisako.
    I think daisuke wouldn't have a problem with that, just out of compassion for a women who's had her soul broken into pieces.

Beyond curiosity of zetsu's motivation, but that sounds like a problem ninshu could solve.

I find myself surprised that daisuke hasn't offered to heal and rejuvenate any retired/crippled/old ninjas or council members. It sounds like an easy to pay his taxes, or get influential people to see things his way. It would make reform easier when significant parts of the military and politicians back him and he can essentially do it by getting everyone interested in the townsquare and waving his hand.

I mean, he'll never have peace from people wanting to be healed or young again but he already blew that with resurrection.

And the thought of the trainwreck getting more trainwrecky is delicious.

Fulcon likes this.
  24. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

Well... Obito going fully delusional is something we expected to happen. Now question is what he will do, because while he can't defeat Daisuke, he has a really good teleporting ability that may really fuck things over if he stops holding back and his own specific personal dimension.

Also lack of foreknowledge in this case when it goes to Daisuke hurts, because like revival of Jyuubi out of nowhere could be something that can ruin lots of plans. And from Naruto we do know that you only need 7 Bijuu to really pull this off, so Naruto may not even be needed to be touched in this case (and this plan is completely reckless idea, so yeah).

Also Obito sounds like a perfect Jashin target. If Jashin decides to boost up this guy... things may escalate indeed.

True, but I think he reached a point where he is simply done. Like he wanted Sasuke to kill him to get some rest. At this point I expect him to be suicidal and his agreement to 'kidnap Naruto' is him pretty much going rambo and hoping he gets himself killed.

I think in the end it depends on timing of some people trying to talk to him. He may either die in the line of 'duty' trying to do something stupid or someone like Minato catches him and orders him to stay or send him on a different mission. Because while Itachi is simply done, his loyalty towards the village and his brother is simply stronger as long as someone tells him to do so. Which may make a whole difference.

Personally I expect him to get bad end in fact, because things rarely go well for tragic characters like him. But in the end I also agree that Itachi more or less is indeed content and whatever will happen, he will simply accept it.

Indeed. Unfortunately many characters aren't described in detail in canon story, so lots of this characterization is based on analyses of what we have access to and creating additional character profiling from that, while also lots of personal creativity. So far I'm fine with how everyone is present in this story, which is good.

It's not really surprising. Jiraiya is a godfather here. Shinobi really, REALLY don't trust easily. They are a paranoid bunch. Taking into how important Naruto is in this situation, no wonder they trusted someone who is pretty much the closest person they can believe in. In such situation shinobi (and well... let's be honest, most of us) will pick someone who is close to the family even if that person may not be competent over most reliable stranger.

Their choice is completely natural, it's just... Jiraiya simply wasn't a good choice for this pick. It's like demanding from a serial killer to be a good caretaker. And well, it didn't work out in the end.

But yes, village was indeed the safest pick, but of course Danzo imbecile needed to screw it over. Because it's such a good idea to reveal identity of the Jinchuuriki, knowing enemy ninja may pick up the truth from talking on the fucking streets about it. Honestly other villages not learning about it is for me SoD breaking plot hole.

Also sending Naruto outside of Konoha could backfire for one very simple reason - his 'whiskers' on his cheeks. Yep, that's it. This is for any competent Ninja a sign that this kid may be special, like carry specific bloodline or something. Because only Konoha was reasonably safe place to keep him untouched. If he looked normal, I would say they could pull it off. But such an obvious blonde hair (reasonably common, but we very rarely see it in civilian population in Naruto and well... Yamanaka connection or something) and those 'whiskers' make him pretty eye-catching.

I don't see why he can't learn it on his own? He is like literal walking bullshit. But I guess main thing is that Daisuke may understand Nature Chakra/Nature Energy closer in detail. Maybe it will unlock something like complete control over Elemental Nations nature or something.

Also well... Nature Energy/Chakra is literally the one way to counter attacks like Truth-Seeking Ball. Yes, NOTHING else counters those outside of nature energy/chakra.

Taking into account brute force won't work and he knows it... he may in fact try it.

Also in the story he is depicted as a good manipulator, who orchestrated whole Uchiha x Senju rivalry and controlled the way timeline would proceed. Personally I really don't like this part of canon, but it is canon.

Maybe he may be resistant to Ninshu, to hide this fact and somewhat use his manipulator skills to get what he wants.

25. Fulcon

That's my impression as well, but I was wondering if there was something I missed.

All the doubt in his mind would've been erased. That's why Jiraiya hasn't met Daisuke yet.

I feel like it's basically this.

That makes sense. Gaining a better understanding of the underpinnings of the world would be something that Daisuke would enjoy.

This is a fantastic point. I admit, most of my 'god of knowledge' ideas concerning Daisuke was because of his focus on spreading knowledge, but learning some also works.

*nods nods*

Good point.

I mean, he is on his honeymoon. That would come later. Though it is a really, really good idea.

He has pretty good ways of remaining private.

I just like stacking things on top of each other to watch what happens.

Have a cookie.

Actually yes. Obito's teleporting can really screw Daisuke over on a macro scale. Personal, one on one, Daisuke can match him. Until Daisuke can just track him no matter where he goes in the world, Obito can screw things up gud.

This is more or less why I'm anticipating the revival with great interest.

Almost the perfect Jashin target. The only issue? Obito's already deluded.

Jashin likes bringing people to delusion on his own, and that's if he's personally involved. Obito got his sanity blasted thanks to Madara's machinations, and while Jashin can appreciate good craftsmanship, he'd rather do something himself. If only because Obito's on course to explode and cause a ton of damage in the first place, powering him up might actually ruin it.

This is more true than I knew. Thank you. :)

Sorry, I'm trying to improve in this area. I'm not sure how, though. Do you have any suggestions?

He breaks BS detectors when he walks by due to overload. :p

*nods nods*

I thought so, I just wanted to be sure.

Relyt33 and Garganator like this.
  26. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

I wonder about that. His... candidates all had specific ambitions and character quirks that made them 'chosen ones' in his eyes. Minato, Nagato (before his... god complex), Naruto all wanted to see the peaceful world without suffering and wars.

And while this does fit Daisuke perfectly after Perfect 10 'transformation', he certainly wouldn't fit the bell as his 'Charisma 1' version. Like at all.

At this point title 'God of Teaching' of 'Professor God' would fit more, as I also agree with this point. Daisuke so far mostly want to teach and not learn. But it may change, who knows? Maybe some divine punishment for not doing his job properly? :p

System Punishment Time :D.

Well it is a good assasination tool. Killing some crucial targets Daisuke's whole... world peace plan may meet complications, indeed.

And I also wouldn't underestimate the guy as he has really annoying to deal with powerset. He already managed to win (with a hostage, but still) against Minato while being pretty much teenager back then. Although I wonder if Hiraishin Mark on him is still there, because this one the main reason why Minato could keep up in this fight and even gain advantages.

Hmmm fair enough. Although to be fair Obito is hard to deal with the way he is really. You can only really affect the guy if you have very specific tools (like Hiraishin marker already on, so you can follow up in his pocket dimension or Kakashi's Sharingan) or if you can deal constant stream of damage to his body, so at one point he gets 'tired' of keeping his body in other dimension and ends up hurt once he feels the strain (I think it was 3 minutes, but at this point it may be fanon, as my memory on timer here may be completely off).

This is my interpretation of the character, but fact is that he literally organized 'fighting' suicide from the hands of his brother and wanted to complete his plans no matter what. This looks to me like someone who simply want to get it over with, because of all the crimes he commited and deep down we do know he is a pacifist. Being simply tired would be completely natural. In canon he succeeded (more or less as of course Obito-Madara and his lack of foresight screwed it up in a way that Sasuke turned out to hate Konoha afterwards), but here he may not.

Oh no no, this isn't me criticizing it. I forgot to add I mean this about canon storyline, my bad. Now I fixed it in previous post. The way you present characters so far looks fine to me and those which have little characterization in canon (like Anko) you present in a way that they are properly more detailed and have their own additional dept. For me looks good so far.

It's not like he has a choice. He is simply too outclassed. But yes, him being supposed good manipulator is pretty much canonical thing. And I suspect him being so closely connected to Kaguya he may in fact know how to counter Ninshu, but this part is my speculation pretty much.

27. MasMaud

MasMaud Not too sore, are you?

A new skill not governed(?) by his auto learning that may have useful applications? Like, I dunno, Ninshu the entire world at once? Including the non human parts.

Just a thought.

Fulcon likes this.
  28. Galacticplumber

Okay a list of senjutsu benefits focusing on Daisuke.

Extremely effective sensory capability that is basically omni-directional sharingan that lacks jutsu copying, but also isn't blocked by visual cover AT ALL.

Normally a downside of senjutsu, but too much nature energy in proportion to normal chakra causes lethal or extremely debilitating side effects. The upswing? People who try to answer infinite chakra by stealing chakra to match get FUCKED.

Possible ability to Ninshu at range by having chakra interact with nature energy.

Native, non-taijutsu counter to truth seeker orbs.

The undeniable fact that your eyes doing crazy shit is both cool, and a status symbol in this universe. It is legitimately headcanon that Uchiha have contests over who has the more elaborate weird eye pattern.

Control of natural energy could lead to terraforming of the lands outside the elemental nations what with their problem being too much nature energy for stable human life.

And finally, yes, knowledge, and understanding just for the sake of it.

List of Senjutsu boons for Daisuke specifically done. On to the other business.

Yes Minato still has a seal on Obito. It got used in the canon fight, and everything. Also it was explicitly shown that if two people know the tech and cooperate, they can use each other's marks. If Minato is still worried about the masked man he literally died fighting, like he was in the canon Pein fight where his chakra imprint spent some of its VERY LIMITED TIME warning Naruto of the masked man, he would bring it up to Daisuke.

Daisuke, having met the guy before, can confirm that he's still alive, and a problem. They likely share the technique specifically, because practitioners are automatically aware of marks in range.

I'm an endless fountain of information who only needs to be asked the right questions. Fear me.

29. Mike45

Mike45 Know what you're doing yet?

The sharp lack of human-supporting territory and resources outside the main continent helps to explain the cycle of revenge quagmire that everyone is stuck in (at least it adds another factor contributing to the current state of affairs), why people can't move past the "clan/village" bondage state, why close friendships out of just because are still a relatively fresh, revolutionary concept in this world, it's why even if the wronged party wanted to fuck off and not participate in the cycle......they have nowhere else to go, almost everything outside the main continent is basically Australian outback on toxic chakra steroids so bad only the bijuu are expected to live comfortably there.

Daisuke in his best dr.Manhattan impression (floating t pose) can offer the elemental nationals hospitable land in exchange for peace/civilization upgrading contract.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  30. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 Versed in the lewd.

I kinda hope Kisame survives

Fulcon likes this.