• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

Maybe here would be appropriate place to ask. That in nsfw image threads every image is hidden under a spoiler is annoying, so I disabled spoiler tags using "Stylish" add-on for FF, overriding CSS with this snip:
Code:
.hasJs .bbCodeSpoilerText
{
display: block;
padding: 5px;
margin-top: 5px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
border: 1px solid rgb(177, 177, 177);
box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
}
However, while they are now opened by default, the images are being loaded only I scroll the page to them, instead of right from the start, any idea on why this is so?

Aren't we using... "lazy images" or something like that? So that images loads first when the screen is over/at them, or something like that.

Dagnabbit... Well, the loading wouldn't be bad, if the image would reserve an empty space for itself, instead of suddenly stretching the page as it begins to load.

If you can add user scripts somehow, then there'd be a pretty trivial oneliner to load all images immediately, along the lines of:

Code:
$('img.lazyload').each(function () {
  $(this).attr('src', $(this).attr('data-src'));
}

(Try that with console open, to make sure I didn't make a dumb typo.)

The above is also the case on "Dark Responsive (Green)". It's not a big issue for me, but thought I'd throw it in as a data point.

I would like to request more themes, if this is the right place to request that. I'm currently using Dark Responsive (Green) because it's fullwidth and doesn't glare on me, but I'm not happy with how dark it is. I use colors a lot in my work. I don't want to go full light mode, but I want something which black, white, full saturation full value colors, and full saturation half value colors, and several grays are legible on.
Something like this would be more my style.

I would like to request more themes, if this is the right place to request that. I'm currently using Dark Responsive (Green) because it's fullwidth and doesn't glare on me, but I'm not happy with how dark it is. I use colors a lot in my work. I don't want to go full light mode, but I want something which black, white, full saturation full value colors, and full saturation half value colors, and several grays are legible on.
Something like this would be more my style.

We don't have any stylists(people that handle installation and editing of themes) right now, so no new themes, I'm afraid.

powerofvoid said:
In the "Blackend" styles, "fieldset" boxes are black-on-white, rather than white-on-dark, and just generally looks terrible
Encadre, too, has style issues, being black-on-dark for me (in Blackend-Purple).

Request, of course, being to make it light-on-dark like most text already is in this theme.

I'm not sure if this can be changed with styling, if not I may make a new thread.

When you select text you get the option to either reply immediately or save it for a later reply ('+ Quote | Reply').

If you select text in a locked thread this pop up doesn't appear. Makes sense that 'Reply' wouldn't appear, but '+ Quote' is useful for gathering quotes for other threads.

I was hoping that '+ Quote' could be made available for locked threads.

Yeah, that's it.

Blackend-Green doesn't work tho. It still only appears on mouse hover.
I'm using "Dark Responsive (Green)" and they show for me. I checked "Blackened-Green" and they show for me there, too, though. Browser/user-side thing? I'm using a touchscreen, although Dark Responsive behaved the same last time I was on desktop Firefox.

Ah, it seems that I've misunderstood. Apologies.

The "pagecount links" are these bold underlined links, which have to be hovered over to be seen on QQ:

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/forums/general.8/

The SFW image thread
Biigoh, Mar 18, 2013 ... 78 79 80

How did you find QQ?
tehelgee, Aug 3, 2017 ... 3 4 5

On spacebattles, these links do not need to be hovered to be seen:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/forums/creative-writing.18/

Danger Close (MCU SI)
aerokr, May 28, 2019, Word Count: 30k 1 2 3 4 5

A Different Dish (DragonBall SI)
Pro-man, Oct 11, 2018, Word Count: 110k 1 ... 136 137 138

On desktop Firefox, with "Dark Responsive (Green)" and "Blackened-Green", these links only show up on hover. Which is a bit different from what I was used to.

Hey, it works! Forgot the default setting, lol.

It's kinda bright though, I'll give the other themes a try.

Edit:
Welp, seems like every theme other than "Light Responsive" has the links only appear on hover.

Last edited:
Oh those.

Those also show up for me on a big enough touchscreen, but that seems to be an intentional change to behavior for touchscreens from what I've seen.

Would it be possible to add a text size changer for the site itself (Space Battles has one)?
Also, the default theme hides the alerts on mobile, is there a way to fix that?

Just asking

In the three UI.X styles: the Dark, Dark (Mobile) and Light versions, tags don't show up at the top of threads.

Makes it harder to navigate using those styles, I had to switch to Dark Responsive to keep a nice dark theme.

Quick edit: I mainly browse with a smartphone.

Would it be possible to get a style with a large font like 32 pix? I wear glasses and am using an iPad for most of my access. The current font associated with QQ is actually really small. An option to resize text via styles or otherwise would be beneficial, I think. Either way thank you for this forum!

Would it be possible to get a style with a large font like 32 pix? I wear glasses and am using an iPad for most of my access. The current font associated with QQ is actually really small. An option to resize text via styles or otherwise would be beneficial, I think. Either way thank you for this forum!
On an iPad, you can zoom the text by tapping the "aA" icon in the URL bar to the left of the address, then tapping the larger A until the font is the right size. This will save your zoom setting for the site until you change it again.

On an iPad, you can zoom the text by tapping the "aA" icon in the URL bar to the left of the address, then tapping the larger A until the font is the right size. This will save your zoom setting for the site until you change it again.
Ah, that is a safari thing and I, ironically, use chrome for the most part. For whatever reason chrome doesn't have a text changing option. But thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back