1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Spell list is on the character sheet; attached to the front page. Off the top of my head, you don't have the first one and I think you don't have the second one either; because Dispel Magic does it better. And it's gonna be hard for it to work on a NP effect.

You can definitely make it to her before the fire hits, but after? Uncertain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Hmm. While I don't care much for this line of thought, we COULD try shielding her? Both sides have B Magic Resistance and we can take a beating. Survive just long enough to successfully GTFO.

It's a shame Lancer is so pissed at us. If he weren't, us taking a hit to save Rider during an honor duel is probably the kind of thing that would make him agree to a handicap as fair play to the wound we sustained defending others from his attack.

Of course, if Bazett is nearby and he sees her, or learns we healed her, that's a game changer.

3. EnderofWorlds

Missed this, Shirou and Bazett aren't nearby or in range of sight. That was kinda the point of leaving them behind; making sure that they aren't hit by collateral. With Rider, it was a mix of having an ace in the hole and her both being out of range or being strong/fast enough to handle it.

You did not count on Lancer using his Runic Magic to the max and drawing upon flames fueled by Skoll himself, along with Dagda. Yeah, Lancer went there; he's invoking the runic names of GODS. Gaelic and Norse. Scáthach knew a lot about Runic Magic...

4. RLDX

RLDX Know what you're doing yet?

I thought that we were going to use the Excalibur

5. EnderofWorlds

People saying they 'kinda wanna pull out Excalibur' and then following it up mostly with jokes on it is not the same as saying 'we're gonna use Excalibur'. So I didn't have you guys use it. It's still there, in your Bag of Holding; you just have to pull it out whenever you need it.

Thing is; other than beamu, it's actually less effective than your rapier in combat. That's because you're spec'ed for Dexterity and have taken feats to take advantage of that over your Strength. You get more blows that are faster and stronger with your rapier, than you do with Excalibur.

Edit: Also, a lot of the posts were talking about Herk and using it on him. Not to mention the sort of battle you've been having with Lancer so far. Which I hope is coming off as intense and constantly moving.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] "Wait, you already lost a master? Because my master and I just found some half-dead redheaded chick missing an arm, if that's where your master had their command seals."

Honestly, after Lancer told us about his master, we have to at least mention her, right?

7. EnderofWorlds

>Giant flame serpent fueled by the fires and divinity of two divine beings of the sun and fire heading towards your only ally
    >ETA until KFR(Kentucky Fried Rider): Measurable in seconds.
    >Try to reason with the dude you've pissed off beyond reason; to Tempus Thales levels of rage and hatred for Counter Monkey and Spoony fans out there.

Lolwut.

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Isn't Lancer violating the whole mano-a-mano thing by hitting Rider?
    He is essentially targeting allies of ours forcing us to stay there instead of attacking us directly after all.

9. Hymn of Ragnarok

Pretty sure he's doing it by accident. We were the original target. Or he just doesn't care. If we stand there to protect our ally instead of moving away, that's our problem.

But man, you know what'd be really cool? Let the thing get close or try to, y'know, run alongside it. Sorta. Dimension Door Tandem AND flame serpent, but now it's aimed at Lancer.

Pretty sure it's beyond us though.

10. EnderofWorlds

It's a giant flame-serpent that's going to torch about...half of the graveyard when it hits the ground; about 90% of that is from AoE.

It's still targeted at you; it's just coming with a crapton of collateral as well. Because Lancer gives no fucks and wants to be through as hell when he toasts your ass.

11. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Ookay, giant flame-serpent with super AOE. Got it. Uhm, it would indeed be interesting if we can redirect it back to Lancer...

Why don't we use Rumor to Reality? With something like: "I can reflect it back to you!" and then use a spell who by norm shouldn't be able to do so, but it can with the support of our NP.

For the Rider in danger part, I think she is fast enough to avoid it.

12. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

We would lose our best swordsman thing.
    And would probably need a pretty high roll, too.

13. EnderofWorlds

...It's like I haven't shown enough examples or explained this enough times already. If the situation makes is harder to make the bluff believeable, then it's less likely to work.

Rumor to Reality is something you use right before combat; or when you first meet the enemy. Basically, you use it in the kinds of situations Broskander from F/Z was typically in: entering and making a badass boast in a way that shows off and make you look awesome. Making speeches and shit before fighting in the pre-combat talk time. No one has really suggested or planned using it in this manner, and instead hope to use it as a reactionary tool; and every time I have to more or less shoot them down lest they make a roll with shitty modifiers that'll shaft them.

Or in technical terms; this. Also, the swordsman thing is something you've been banking on for quite a bit in this fight; you really sure you wanna ditch it?

Edit: Actually, the 'nobody suggested using it before combat' thing is wrong; Hymn did have a plan for that. The problem was that what he suggested was hard enough as is and your current situation only made it harder.

14. Alexander

Uh. Seems like I didn't pay enough attention. Typical.

Uhm...if we dodge and Rider gets at least a bit harmed by the attack, does Lancer incur a penality from the runes because he doesn't keep the duel between us two and involved someone else?

15. EnderofWorlds

No, because his intent was focused solely on killing you. Collateral doesn't matter for the terms the runes have set.

And 'little bit harmed' isn't the sort of words I'd use for Rider when she gets hit by the attack...

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

If kojiro could bend space time as a sword skill.... shouldnt Tandem be able to pull something off as well using swording?

17. Hymn of Ragnarok

Even if he can, Tandem has no idea that he can and won't think to try something insane like that. He runs off instinct for the swordsmanship.

It's a damn shame Rider wouldn't tell us about her Pegasus. That thing might actually have enough MR to survive, if not outright tank, this attack. Or get Rider out of the area.

EDIT: Okay, brainstorming time people. What is in the are capable of blocking, negating, or redirecting the attack?

Me, I'm trying to think of a clever way to force Lancer himself to counter it.

18. Alexander

The only thing I can think of, unless there is a spell we have suited for the job, is for a last minute rescue by Rider via Pegasus. I know there is Lancer's spell, but maybe the flying horse MR is high enough to pierce it?

So we could, unless the spell forces us otherwise, scream "RIDER!", dive to the side and let her NP overpower or avoid Lancer flame dragon and waste him?

19. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Can we invoke Eye of the Mind (True) (B) for some tips from the GM?

20. Hymn of Ragnarok

Spell is supposed to keep this one on one, no allies. Rider's Pegasus can potentially save her ass. We don't really need it, we have Teleport Boots and Dimension Door.

We can Dimension Door to Rider, but according to Ender it's questionable as to whether we'd get another Dimension Door off before the spell hits us.

Defiance of Fate is still an option, but A. kind of a waste IMO since we'll probably encounter much harder stuff in the future, and B. it feels like a cop-out. We oughta be able to weasel out of this.

21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Wondering if throwing her our Mantle of Spell Resistance would help in any way.

22. Hymn of Ragnarok

It would, if we got it there in time. How much it would help is debatable. But then we don't have it and our MR is much lower, against a Rune Master.

We don't want to have to eat debuffs on top of this level of offensive arcane might. Our buffs are the one thing keeping us alive.

23. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Might I suggest going off instinct and going with a full tilt SLASH the FIRE DRAGON like a high level fighter would?

24. Hymn of Ragnarok

You want to hit the dragon that's going to burninate 90% of the graveyard, the attack Tandem explicitly wants to avoid because it may injure/kill him and Rider. And attack formed by invoking the runic name of a god.

Even if Tandem was aware of Kojiro's skills it's suicidal. And Kojiro's skills, while impressive, are not the kind that wreck magic and shit. His big move is an unavoidable anti-personel strike right in front of him on level ground. It would not do a thing to the dragon.

25. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

While we're at even for Kojiro totally ridiculous swordsmanship feats, ese those 500 Strength to create a vacuum blast that snuffs out the god flame!

26. Alexander

An equal attack would be nice, but unless we suddenly know how to Excali-Blast...say, do we have a spell powerful enough? At the very least one that can let us survive.

27. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

How does Dimension Door work? Can you stuff the cloak through it to drop it on her, D4C-style?

With your non-dominant hand, of course. Just in case.

Edit: bleh typo

28. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Whoops. After seeing Lancer mention Bazett, I pretty much just skimmed the rest so I could post that.

29. EnderofWorlds

Umm...ever play Warcraft 3? It's basically the equivalent of that game's Blink. The only difference between it and Teleport is that Dimension Door measures it's range in feet, Teleport does it in miles. So while you can bring other stuff and people with you; you can't send something else through the spell unless you're going with it.

Wouldn't go that far, but hey; it'd be something to use against the fire.

30. Hymn of Ragnarok

I suppose dirt is another option but we don't have many ways to do an appreciable amount, so short of blowing a foxhole in the ground with a sword and hoping we pull Rider in in time to take cover...

Well, might as well try for another Dimension Door there. And I don't think a rapier would be very good for digging.

Really, with seconds on the clock Rider oughta be able to pull her Pegasus. But Tandem doesn't know that so any decision where he leaves Rider to defend herself means he's being a bit OOC at this point.