1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Epsilon, May 14, 2016.

1. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Already won, the rolls have already been made.

2. Ashmaker

Ashmaker Not too sore, are you?

I realized something. If we stop the Uchiha massacre and Itachi's defection, then Orochimaru might never leave the Akatsuki. He left them in canon because he tried and failed to kill Itachi for his eyes, but that obviously can't happen if there's no Uchiha missing-nin in Akatsuki. Which could be really interesting, I can't recall any fics where Orochimaru stays in the Akatsuki. There probably are some, but I haven't read them.

Shit, Orochimaru was a friend of Sasori, wasn't he? We could end up fighting both Puppet and Edo Tensei Third Kazekage at the same time. That would be an absolute nightmare.
    Heh. It would be cool if Hibiki managed to become Orochimaru's nemesis without even trying because we 1: have the eyes he desire so much and 2: steal his old teammate because we want her to become our medic-nin teacher.
    We promised Obito that we would Make the Uchiha Great Again™, does that mean that we're ultimately aiming to be Hokage? Because I like that idea, it would be an interesting longterm goal for Hibiki.

Assuming that he's orphaned and grows up as the jinchuuriki like in canon, I also like the idea of Hibiki being to Naruto what Naruto was to Konohamaru.

"One day I will be the Hokage! Dattebayo!"
    "That day won't come until I retire, you brat!"

3. dasstan

dasstan :)

Itachi or Shisui for Hokage, the other can be the ROOT leader, and we'll be the wandering spy master.

No one thinks twice about a stray cat, and the cats will report to us.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. Ashmaker

So we're the Jiraiya of the Uchiha Sannin?

That would be an interesting twist. Would fit quite well with Into the Fray. Who has time to sit around when there's spying to be done?

If we go that route, I hope we can get training from Jiraiya at some point. Especially for his reaction when we tell him that cats are better than toads.

Wait a minute! Kakashi is (or will be) a dog summoner! No wonder we might end up hating the man.

dasstan and Leekz01 like this.
  5. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Right now we're more like Tsunade due to our Chakra control.

I also want to see the damage a Uchiha can do with Tsunade's super strength technique.

dasstan likes this.
  6. Ashmaker

Yakushi Nonō. Medic-nin. Yakushi Kabuto's adoptive mother. Former ROOT member who left to run an orphanage. Forced to rejoin ROOT and set up to be killed (at Kabuto's hand!) because Danzo is a dick.

Guys, keeping her alive and out of Danzo's hands is a HUGE priority. We'll stop so many bad things if she can keep Kabuto sane instead of him being forcibly recruited by ROOT where he ends up so mindscrewed that he ultimately joins Orochimaru because he's just that desperate for a purpose in life

Epsilon, will she be our teacher if we start studying Medical Ninjutsu?

Leekz01 and dasstan like this.
  7. dasstan

I like you.

8. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

But then we can't turn Kabuto into our loyal minion!

9. Ashmaker

Thank you. That's nice to hear.
    We could just make him our friend and not a minion. Let him imprint on Nonō instead of Orochimaru, Konoha could use another skilled medic-nin.

Actually, speaking of making people our minions, I wonder what's going to happen with the Team assignment. We're buddies with Shisui and Itachi, but do we really want a genin team filled with Uchiha Prodigies? They're friends and all, but it would mean perpetuating the way that the Uchiha stands apart from the rest of the village. Also, if we graduated early and got on a team with Shisui, he won't unlock the Mangekyō when one of his teammates dies, which has both pros and cons.

Oh well, we're just going to have to wait and see. I can think of several ways that Epsilon can have it play out.

dasstan likes this.
  10. AlabasterWinter

AlabasterWinter Getting some practice in, huh?

Aren't we focusing a bit too much on kunai throwing, given that its a pretty specific skill as opposed to taijutsu, ninjutsu etc which are far more broadly useful? (Though I do remember someone mentioning that at our age we can't do much with taijutsu...)

11. Silver719

Silver719 Fate's Plaything

Kunai throwing is a ranged attack that is faster than ninjutsu. Think of Ninjutsu being the ranged specials, and kunais as being the ranged basic. Upping ones basic attack is very important early on, and the specials that come FROM the basic (precision extreme range attacks that use minimal chakra) can be invaluable to a ninja that prizes subtlety.

AlabasterWinter likes this.
  12. dasstan

In addition to what Silver719 said, you should also keep in mind that our current chakra capacity isn't very large, so focusing on ninjutsu early is kind of a waste of exp points, especially considering that once our sharingan matures fully, ninjutsu essentially becomes lol-easy*. While focusing on body and mind related abilities will grow our reserve faster, I can see the logic behind some degree of concentration on kunai throwing.

*Especially if we keep making growth with chakra control, since the hardest part of ninjutsu is nature transformation, and having excellent control can only help.

Silver719 and AlabasterWinter like this.
  13. Ashmaker

Just to be clear, that 5 exp bonus only goes for each individual training session, right? I mean, it doesn't carry over if we spend exp that isn't divisible by 5?
    I'm trying to figure out a good way to get the trait for general improvement. How's this? I'm assuming we get 25 exp next month for starting at the Academy.

[] Plan 'Sushi Smorgasbord'
    -[] Medical Ninjutsu - 5
    -[] Genjutsu - 5
    -[] Persuasion - 5
    -[] Ninjutsu - 5
    -[] Running - 5

14. dasstan

I'd suggest removing these and swapping taijutsu 10 in. Or taijutsu 5 and 5 more to Persuasion.

15. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Doing an uneven split will NOT bias us towards completing the trait.

dasstan likes this.
  16. dasstan

Oh, right. Forgot about the generalist trait. :oops:

17. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

Persuasion isn't a ninja skill so it won't help out on getting that well balanced trait. the basic ninja skills are.

Taijustu
    kunai
    Ninjustu
    Running
    chakra control

but Genjustu should be able to replace one of them most likely chakra control.

18. Ashmaker

Is that how it works? I thought that performing the Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique was just a coming of age ceremony for an Uchiha to become a full-fledged member of the clan, presumably a tradition from the Warring States period where it signified that a child has grown into an adult and is expected to join his clan in combat.

I didn't think it meant that every single Uchiha has a Fire Affinity. It's said to be extremely common in the clan, the Uchiha crest is even meant to symbolize "the will of those with fans to manipulate fire", but Sasuke had a Lightning Affinity, not Fire (at least in the anime). Oh well, Hibiki is a prodigy who has better chakra control than most people twice his age, it wouldn't break my suspension of disbelief if he ended up having dual affinities at such a young age.

After all, affinities are (mostly) a predisposition for learning and using ninjutsu of a specific nature, anyone can learn jutsu of any nature with enough dedication and training. It's even possible to master all five natures, but only those with extreme dedication like Hiruzen or Orochimaru do it the hard way through training. Others cheat, like Kakuzu with his hearts.

Oh yeah, I actually meant to go somewhere with all this:

If we do end up dual-natured, is there any chance at all that Hibiki will have a kekkei genkai for Combined Nature Transformations like Lava, Boil, or Scorch Release? I'm guessing the answer is "no" since we already have a kekkei genkai in the Sharingan, but I thought I'd ask.
    When will we start learning elemental ninjutsu? As soon as our Ninjutsu stat is good enough or do we need to reach a certain age first?

dasstan likes this.
  19. Epsilon

Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

Yep. Individual sessions and doesn't carry over.

No dual natured kekkei genkai.

Right. You'll be learning Fire Release from a young and malleable age; that'll develop a fire affinity in you whether you have it or not. If your own nature is rolled fire, then it becomes particularly potent due to early training- that's what I meant.

As soon as your ninjutsu stat is good enough you'll start learning fire release.

Silver719 and dasstan like this.
  20. Ashmaker

Got it.
    Aww, but how will we ever survive without the ability to spit lava or acid at people?

We'd better find a way to marry Terumī Mei and have many babies in order to bring those Boil and Lava Releases into the Uchiha Clan.

Clearly that is the best way to fulfill our promise to Obito and make the Uchiha great.
    Alright, that makes sense to me.
    Should be pretty soon then. I wonder how our parents will react when they find out about Hibiki's rapid progress. And his tutorship under Lord Fugaku. And especially unlocking the Sharingan at the age of 4.

Miyo and Shinichi are probably going to blame themselves for not being there for their son. Now I feel kind of bad about Hibiki being a prodigy and not a normal child.

Thanks for the answers.

dasstan likes this.
  21. dasstan

By becoming a better medic than Kabuto and bootstrapping our way to ALL THE BLOODLINES _o/

Higure likes this.
  22. Silver719

Fuck it, I'll roll.
    Silver719 rolled 1 die of 5 faces, total: 4
    For: Affinity
    Rolled on: September-11-2016, 05:21pm

23. dasstan

Was there actually a call for a roll?

Tackyseven and Leekz01 like this.
  24. Silver719

I...dunno.

dasstan likes this.
  25. Keanu Reeves

Keanu Reeves Hellblazer

I need to check QQ more often... Missed a whole training session vote.

26. Malaquez

Malaquez Here and there.

[X] Plan 'We Planned This'

27. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

Something I've been wondering. At Obito's funeral, Rin was there. But part of the Obito, Madara thing was that Obito saw Kakashi Chidori Rin through the chest because of that plan to have the demon seal on Rin to fail when she was in the village. So how is she still alive?

28. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

I think we're between Obito's supposed death and the mission that resulted in Rin's actual death.

29. Avalon Du Lac

Avalon Du Lac Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan 'We Planned This'
    -[X] Chakra Control - 15
    -[X] Kunai Throwing - 5

30. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

See, this is what's confusing me. Was Madara really that convincing to Obito that Obito, the least Uchiha of all the Uchiha's, stuck with him until he was finally allowed to leave, where he 'just happened' to witness Rin being killed by Kakashi?