1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Epsilon, May 14, 2016.

1. dasstan

dasstan :)

Considering they're all Uchiha, and thus all related to one another, it could work.

Epsilon likes this.
  2. Epsilon

Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

Eternal Mangekyou mechanics are a bit vague. The part I'm sure of is that you get the powers of the eyes you're taking in addition to your own.

However, does it have to be a siblings eyes? Or will the eyes of a relative work? If it's restricted to strictly siblings, then no EMS with Obito's eye. If somewhat close relatives work, then you can get it- you and Obito are cousins.

3. dasstan

There are only two EMS shown in canon, and those were attained by using the eyes of siblings.

The sample size is way too small to determine one way or the other, really. It could be that any MS will pair with any other MS, but getting one is so rare that it's not like they've had enough eyes to experiment with. It might also be that only closely related eyes work.

It's really up to you as the QM to decide for this quest.

Epsilon likes this.
  4. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

EMS mechanics be vague as hell, yo.

Add a dash of Izanagi flavour and you even have the full Schrodinger package.

Nix's Warden and Epsilon like this.
  5. Silver719

Silver719 Fate's Plaything

I believe it works parent/child (50% DNA match guaranteed) and siblings (usually +50%). Maybe aunts/uncles/nieces/nephew (25-50% match), but cousins would only be a 25% DNA match tops, and will likely be less.

I have no clue if that's how it actually works, but it does seem like a good model.

6. Epsilon

Hm, you're right, that's indeed a small sample size. Closely related should do it.

Well, there might be a bit of deviation here as the Uchiha intermarry. Sasuke's parents were both Uchiha, some level of distant relation there.

Cousins in this case will be closer related, possibly having the same ancestor on both sides of the family? Clan genetics lol.

Feel free to claw out Kakashi's eye when the time comes. That'll be a hell of a fight at least.

Plotvitalnpc and dasstan like this.
  7. Silver719

True. Maybe do a d100 roll for compatibility?

Siblings have a DC 13 (12.5), Parents/children have a DC 25, (Aunts/uncles)/(nieces/nephews) DC 38 (37.5), cousins DC 50?

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

It's also a pointless model.

It's pretty clear that the only reason the EMS was invented at all is to let Kishi resolve the Itachi storyline more neatly, because they were never relevant after that.
    Hell, you can even argue that Sasuke getting them was pretty superfluous, because we never got to see MS Sasuke and that could already have sufficed for giving Sasuke a random eye power up, especially since Sasuke never really bothers to use half of Itachi's eye stuff.

The only reason Sasuke had to get it is that Kishi forced the issue by introducing MS blindness as part of Itachi's storyline, but especially once you consider how MS blindness was glossed over for Obito and how the unlock condition became vaguer and vaguer, it's pretty clear all of the in depth Mangekyo rules are a story artifact Kishi at some point just started writing around.

And seeing how that's the case, what this means for writers of Naruto stuff is that you have a blank cheque to make up whatever you need to to satisfy your own desires, plot points and, in a game, balancing concerns.

Epsilon likes this.
  9. Epsilon

Hm, I guess I'll figure it out somewhere along the way. Eye superpowers still have some time yet before they pop up.

Will update later today or tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit too lazy to write atm :D

Nix's Warden and Pipeman like this.
  10. Silver719

Actually, Obito's flagrant pissing on the MS blindness might be attributed to the fact that that half of his face had been given a Hashirama DNA boost, which let him regenerate the damage using Kamui did to his eye. That's how I'm taking it anyways.

Additionally, it really played hell on Sasuke's eyes to use the Susanoo (which was a chakra construct made using MS), and that got set aside when EMS happened.

Nix's Warden and dasstan like this.
  11. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Both of which are plotpoints that were completely glossed over and basically ignored, because it literally didn't matter to the story Kishi wanted to tell.

You can fanon up all kinds of explanations for inconsistencies and story artifacts, but it doesn't change the fact that they are inconsistencies and story artifacts and fanfic and/or quest writers don't have any more obligation to not just invent their own rules and explanations or to bother with these things at all than Kishi had.

12. Silver719

Unrelated note, I see your sig and every time I want to know where it's from.

Epsilon likes this.
  13. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

How closely related are we to Shisui?
    He gets the mangekyo, mayhaps if we both mangokyo'd around the same time we could just...trade.

Alternatively, overcomplicated and stupid scheme to swap one of our eyes with Kakashi's without him noticing.
    ...then eventually acquiring the Shisui eye Itachi shoves in a crow.

Then again, Kakashi didn't even /get/ the eye with Self Kamui, he got the Ranged Kamui version. Obito'd need to be oriented the opposite way to impart the schrodinger jutsu on him.

Epsilon likes this.
  14. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Back when I spent a lot of time in the QQ chatroom, I'd sometimes use its diceroller to roll for sleep quality before logging off and going to bed.

Epsilon likes this.
  15. Plotvitalnpc

Weird alterniverse version of this: the first time someone from Konoha EVER learns we've awakened our sharingan is when we go to them to arrange an eyeswap for EMS goodness.

dasstan likes this.
  16. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Hey, it may not be the self-kamui version but apparently it may not matter to proper Uchiha's because Madara self-kamui'd himself with it anyways.

God, everything related to Madara is so ridiculously inconsistent.

To be honest, I'm half tempted to not bother with all the crazy super hyper eye powers at all and am firmly in the camp of ignoring it for quite a while in any case.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  17. Plotvitalnpc

Madara is a man who uses Susanoo while not having any eyes at all.
    As to not bothering with the sharingan...it's entirely possible for it to go all the way to Mangekyo without us trying, since it's emotionally evolved.

dasstan likes this.
  18. Nix's Warden

Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

I actually intend on using the sharingan quite abit. We have fortunately avoided the arrogance associated with it and view it as a simple tool, so I don't see a reason we shouldn't practice with it with our sister. Learning how to fight with it on, how it can view chakra, copy jutsu, cast genjutsu, and give the user bullet-time, would be great to figure out early on.

Now I'm not saying we have it on 24-7 or rely on it excessively, but we should certainly learn as much about it as we can, and be able to fight effectively with it activated when needed.

Plus it should really give us a training bonus for Taijutsu, Gen/Ninjutsu, and help us memorize book knowledge.

Plotvitalnpc and Epsilon like this.
  19. Plotvitalnpc

24-7 is the exclusive privilege of Uchiha MIO anyways.

Epsilon likes this.
  20. Epsilon

[UOTE="Plotvitalnpc, post: 770552, member: 224"]How closely related are we to Shisui?

[/QUOTE]
    Not too closely I'm afraid.

Could be. If you'd kept eyes hidden then it'd take a while for people to know.

Funny thing is, I kept routes open so that there were chances of not being an Uchiha Prodigy. You guys maneuvered into that route anyway :V

-The sharingan was awakened way ahead of estimated schedule. There were certain trigger points for activation; I'd assumed the first one you'd reach would be the Kyuubi incident.

-You derailed that by not meeting with Itachi and Mikoto in the dango shop, and meeting Obito a few days before his death instead- and getting a critical in your awakening roll.

-There was a good roll on your first kunai throwing attempt. If it had gone badly, clan training would be delayed by some more months.

-You focused almost exclusively on control, and had some good rolls in training it. As such, your control over your chakra is prodigious when compared to the norm.

-Then you show that you have the sharingan. You became an Uchiha prodigy, congrats :D

Sharingan will seriously speed up your learning.

It's an incredible learning tool in retrospect; it somehow converts visual memory into muscle memory and lets you do stuff.

Yup. Sharingan 24/7 belongs to MIO, Grand Devil King of the Uchiha.

I'm wondering if I should ask Chibi if I can give Mio some screentime in my quest. Nothing too direct as to disrupt the other ones, but stuff like-

You hear of a child born near the end of the Nine Tails incident. A child born with the sharingan...

Nix's Warden and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  21. Plotvitalnpc

It also renders your memory photographic while using it.
    Presumably just visual memory, but...

Time to hax.

...We'd probably end up derailing MIO's life story of being dicked around with by elders by teaming up with Shisui in trying to take on the big brother/mentor/protector role.

22. dasstan

Please, no.

Epsilon likes this.
  23. Epsilon

Yeah, might as well keep the storylines distinct. At best, maybe I'll write an omake at some point.

Plotvitalnpc and dasstan like this.
  24. Plotvitalnpc

So...sorry if this is a thing that's been noted, but what's our age relation with the other two Uchiha Prodigies who were recognized as such in this era?
    (Itachi and Shisui)

25. Epsilon

Itachi is currently five. A few months older than you; you're almost five yourself.

Shisui is around eight.

Additionally, your sister is nine, and is set to be a genin soon.

During war, academy graduation is set at nine years of age. Out of war protocols, this is set back to twelve. Of course, there are always exceptions if you're absurdly good; that results in early grads.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  26. Plotvitalnpc

Inb4 we Uchiha prodigy hard enough that we beat Itachi as Uchiha Best Prodigy...

dasstan and Epsilon like this.
  27. Epsilon

Itachi grows at an absurd rate though. You'll have to work hard to keep that Best Prodigy title.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  28. Plotvitalnpc

At least we'll set one or two records, walk away with maybe just one year's "Best Prodigy - Year WHATEVER" plaque.
    It's better than most do.

Epsilon likes this.
  29. Silver719

Actually, since we're in the right age group, could we possibly end up in Shisui's/Itachi's little conspiracy group?

Holy hell, we're ideally placed to completely screw the entire Uchiha plot line.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  30. Plotvitalnpc

Didn't we vote to be a Family First Uchiha?
    We're not really politically aligned with them.

Except insomuch as we don't want all the Uchihas to catch a case of dead.