1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome back to QQ. The search function will be unavailable for some hours until the index has been rebuilt.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

He's speaking- wait, shit, I think I've already used that one here. Uh, twincest is wincest? Actually is it still twincest if it's with your own clone? I want to say it is but this is starting to feel like a philosophical discussion I'm not prepared to have.

Regardless, yay Skitter X Scurry/Chitter/Swarm/whichever! Not nearly enough of that in this fandom either.

Or not. Sisters is still good.

hillo315, VisV and Thread Necromancer like this.
  2. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Amateur Writer

I don't really want to point in one way or the other since I haven't really made my mind up on this point right now.

3. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash I trust you know where the happy button is?

QA says 'fuck this noise' after the fourth forced bud, and poisons pills Echidna with a limited form of Khepri's power set (human mastery as long as the human is Taylor Hebert). Suddenly Taylor and the clones are a hive mind which promptly rips free from Echidna's control (and controls). Taylor has to learn how to live with five bodies, plus: rat, bird, and bug master powers.

4. VisV

VisV Pool Lesbian has the right of it.

Pretty sure you want to put that in the ideas thread.

5. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash I trust you know where the happy button is?

Its Thread Necromancer's thread, and his idea I'm riffing off, so it would be crass of me to post it there.

TN can of course post it wherever he/she/it wants. :)

hillo315 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  6. Kitty S. Lillian

Kitty S. Lillian Transhuman

"To Know Yourself"
    The threesome sequel's just "To Know Yourself 2" here.

7. Thread Necromancer

Never realised there was a sequel to it. Thank you. Helps me get a better idea of how to characterise the clones.

hillo315 and ElegiacCrown like this.
  8. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

Not as a counterpoint, but just because additional information is always good, some excerpts of the Skitter clones:
    Tattletale had descended to the ground floor and was backing up as two Skitters and a Grue approached, with Bentley advancing to her side. Rachel was prone, lying at the point where the wall met the floor, with Bastard on the ground and pressed up against her, as if he were using his bulk to keep the worst of the bugs from reaching her. Her other dogs were smaller. Big, but much smaller than they could be.

“You take fliers, I take ground?” one Skitter asked the other.

“Mm-hmm,” the other Skitter grunted her reply.

“Have to share, be smart about this one. Grue, hang back. She might try pulling something,” Skitter One ordered. “Harder to make a counter-plan against bugs.”

“Me? Pull something?” Tattletale asked. She was cradling one arm, and covered in vomit. Judging by the body parts that surrounded her, Bentley had taken apart the clones that Noelle had vomited at her.
    “Yeah, you,” Skitter One said. “You’re the type, aren’t you? Awfully fond of keeping secrets for someone who calls themselves Tattletale. Keeping secrets from me, even at the best of times. Even though you knew what I’d gone through.”

“I’ve been pretty open,” Tattletale said. She retreated a step, and Bentley advanced. The swarm stirred around the two Skitters and the Grue.

“You haven’t mentioned your trigger event, have you? Perfectly happy to dig through other people’s sordid pasts, but you won’t get into your own darkest moment.”

“Really not that interesting,” Tattletale said.

Skitter One’s voice was thick with restrained emotion. “It’s still a betrayal, staying silent. How can we have a partnership, a friendship, without equity?”

“Maybe. I think you’re exaggerating. Does the other Skitter have any input? Awfully quiet.”

Skitter Two made a growling sound that might have sent a small dog running for cover. “I’m the quiet type.”

“That you are,” Tattletale said.

“No commentary? No manipulations?” Skitter One asked. “Nothing nasty to say, to throw us off-balance?”

“You’re already off-balance enough. Besides, I don’t think anything I had to say would get through. How can I target your weak points when you’re nothing but?”

“That so?” Skitter One asked. “Doesn’t happen often, does it? You’re not as cocky, now. Do you feel scared?”

“Just a bit,” Tattletale said. She’d backed up enough that she’d reached the wall. The mangled staircase stretched out beside her, almost entirely torn free of the wall.

“Why don’t we turn the tables, then? Let’s see how I do, trying to fuck with your head,” Skitter One suggested.
    Instinctively, I tried to move my bugs to get a better sense of the current situation. They didn’t budge.

Instead, I felt the pull of the other two Skitters, wresting control of my bugs from me as though they were taking a toy from a baby, ordering those bugs to hurt my teammates and allies.​
    “Weld,” Skitter One spoke up. Her voice was quiet. “Surprised you’re here. Did Imp help you get close?”

Do I really sound like that? I wondered. And Imp?

Weld wasn’t replying.

Really surprised you’re with her,” Skitter One said. She had one hand pressed to a chest wound.

Weld glanced over his other shoulder at her. The other Skitter was a distance away, with shattered legs.

“Did she tell you?” Skitter One said, “She set someone on fire. Maimed a minor, slicing his forehead open. She cut off Bakuda’s toes, carved out a helpless man’s eyes. I can keep going.”

“I don’t care,” Weld said. He wasn’t moving. Why? He was waist deep in Noelle’s belly, holding me… it dawned on me that he couldn’t throw me to some point clear of Noelle without giving me to the Skitter.

“You should care. I could tell you about the critically injured man she left to bleed out and die. She stood by and let people get attacked by Mannequin so she could buy herself time to think of a plan to make a counterattack.”

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn’t draw in enough breath to manage more than a hoarse whisper, and Weld wouldn’t have heard me.

“I don’t care,” Weld said. “I know she’s done bad things. After this is over, we’ll find her, beat her and take her into custody.”

“You don’t care?” Skitter One asked. “She murdered your boss. Shot Thomas Calvert in cold blood, not that long ago.”

Weld froze. Or he went more still than usual.

“Whoopsie,” Imp said. She’d appeared behind Skitter One. A slash of her knife ended Skitter One’s contributions to the discussion. “Sorry to interrupt.”

9. Thread Necromancer

I realise but the clone that loves Taylor, if it happens, would more or less be an OC with Taylor's memories.

VisV, hillo315, ElegiacCrown and 2 others like this.
  10. Jonn Wolfe

Jonn Wolfe (Verified Sarcastic) (Not a Wolf)

I'm liking this a lot.

SO... Taylor's a baby Overlord? :eek: Cool! Maybe she can eventually imitate her swarm by copying Valentino's Smoke. :cool:

Morphile and Thread Necromancer like this.
  11. Thread Necromancer

Truth be told everyone has the capacity to become an overlord. It's just hard as hell. You have to find a way to acquire power. One way is to just keep killing until you are unstoppable. However compared to the other ways that is such a long route that if you started in the 1500s and that's all you did day in and day out you still wouldn't be as powerful as the Overlords, (Granted that's if your killing your bog standard demons and newbies.). You could find a way to properly drain a demon of their demonic power, which is a much faster way to overlord-ship. Then there is making deals which can grant you a massive boost to your power if you manage to go through with it and fulfill your side of the bargain.

12. Jonn Wolfe

Jonn Wolfe (Verified Sarcastic) (Not a Wolf)

Hmmm. Methinks Taylor will skip that nonsense, do her thing, and cheat like a cheating minmaxing cheater who cheats. :sneaky:

Morphile and Thread Necromancer like this.
  13. Thread Necromancer

Can't skip everything unfortunately, however, in terms of manpower I am pretty sure that she is going to quickly find herself with a decent amount of it after the next arc or two.

Ngamer11, Jonn Wolfe, VisV and 2 others like this.