1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Intimacies are persons, places, ideas, things that Theo is invested in. You get to choose 2. Theo can hold negative intimacies as well. So its not just things Theo likes, it can be things he hates. You can indicate if your preference to something is a positive or negative relationship, unless the descriptor I put is negative/positive. Like Theo doesn't like Dean, that's established. Aster, on the other hand, is Theo loved sister.

Theo can gain up to Compassion + Willpower intimacies. (8 at this time) Whichever I feel is lowest on Theo's give a shit-o-meter gets cut after a rest period.

[] Max/Kaiser (Father)
    [] Gwen/Rune (Crush)
    [] Empire 88 (Organization)
    [] Brockton Bay (Hometown)
    [] Kayden/Purity (Mother figure)
    [] Aster (Cutest baby sister)
    [] Dean Stansfield (Pompous douche-y windbag)
    [] Victoria Dallon (Kind of a bitch)
    [] Sex (Women)
    [] Nazism (Ideology)
    [] Mr. & Mrs. Schmidt aka Fog and Night (Liked, if a bit weird)
    [] Herren Clan (Maternal Family)
    [] Herren Clan Women; Rune, Othala, Fenja, Menja (Totally bangable)
    [] PRT/Protectorate ENE (Organization)
    [] Merchants (Filth)

You get to rank 4 of them. 1-4. 1 gets 4 votes and 4 gets one vote like before. The two options that get the most votes will be Theo's starting intimacies.

tighearnach likes this.
  2. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Aster (Cutest baby sister)
    -[X] 1

[X] Brockton Bay (Hometown)
    -[X]4
    -[X]Negitive

[X] Sex (Women)
    -[X]2
    -[X]Positive

[X] Herren Clan Women
    -[X]3
    -[X] Positive

Skitzyfrenic do you mean like this?(I barely know anything about exalted)

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  3. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

-[X] 1

[X] Max/Kaiser (Father)
    -[X] 2
    -[X] Positive

[X] Sex (Women)
    -[X] 3
    -[X] Positive

[X] Merchants (Filth)
    -[X] 4
    -[X] Negative/Hated.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  4. Skitzyfrenic

It's just a voting format. That's fine though. This vote will be closed later tonight.

5. unsafejakal

unsafejakal Not too sore, are you?

-[X] 1
    -[X]Positive

[X] Max/Kaiser (Father)
    -[X]4
    -[X]Negative

I will be a bit surprise if there is not even a little negatively there after almost killing him.

-[X]2
    -[X]Negative

[X] Sex (Women)
    -[X]3
    -[X] Positive

Do not want to be limited to just E88 women.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  6. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

-[X] 1
    -[X]Positive

[X] Herren Clan Women; Rune, Othala, Fenja, Menja (Totally bangable)
    -[X] 2
    -[X] Positive

[X] Sex (Women)
    -[X] 3
    -[X]Positive

[X] Nazism (Ideology)
    -[X]3
    -[X]Negative

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  7. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

-[X] 1
    -[X]Positive

[X] Sex (Women)
    -[X] 2
    -[X]Positive

[X] Nazism (Ideology)
    -[X]3
    -[X]Negative

[X] Kayden/Purity (Mother figure)
    -[X] 4
    -[X]Positive

Why all the hate toward BB? It's just a city that needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Edit: So I went back and reread a few pages. Found this:
    Wait, so we are actually going to do this whole "Kill everything and everyone in our home universe" thing? How hard is Redemption anyway?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  8. Tsotate

Tsotate Getting sticky.

-[X] 1
    -[X] Positive

-[X] 2
    -[X] Positive

[X] Nazism (Ideology)
    -[X] 3
    -[X] Negative

-[X] 4
    -[X] Positive

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  9. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

-[X] 1
    -[X]Positive
    -[X] 2
    -[X] Positive
    [X] Sex (Women)
    -[X] 3
    -[X]Positive
    -[X]4
    -[X]Negative

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  10. burningclaw2

I seem to be the only one that wants to see Theo have a good relationship with his pop, especially since we're playing a villain technically.

tighearnach and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  11. Lon

Lon Well worn.

-[X] 1
    -[X]Positive
    [X] Kayden/Purity (Mother figure)
    -[X] 2
    -[X]Positive
    -[X] 3
    -[X] Positive
    [X] Max/Kaiser (Father)
    -[X] 4
    -[X] Positive

Aster is no contest, but Kayden is probably second. Also because of Aster.

Though do agree that Kaiser probably went up in the rankings a bit after the whole near death thing where we find out he really did care for Theo. Though that's kind of countered by the whole being killed by him in the first place. So tentative positive intimacy.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  12. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Theo's bad relationship with his dad has nothing to do with his goals, and everything to do with how his dad treated him over the course of his life.

13. burningclaw2

Yes but the man obviously cares in some way or else he wouldn't have called Othalla...I think it was him that called her.

tighearnach and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  14. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm a little disappointed that plan Bii won, if only because it is excessively combat heavy. Firefly(Twilight!Taylor) broke Lung's balls with only 3 combat charms. Granted, they were specifically picked to counter Lung(soak ignoring crippling attacks make Brutes cry). Then again, The Dark Prince would slaughter her, as she has an unfortunate tendency to neglect her combat fundamentals. Instead she prefers to just sneak attack people by punching through reinforced concrete walls and feign invulnerability by blocking bullets with her forehead.

I'm sure she'll eventually get that Martial Arts Excellency. Someday. But probably not soon.

There is, however, one little problem with Bii's plan that I didn't notice because I didn't actually look in the spoilers:
    What. No, seriously. This is terrible.

Theo's ultimate weapon, the manifestation of the light darkness of his soul, has the exact same stats as a completely mundane pointy stick. A very well-made pointy stick, but a pointy stick nonetheless. We could buy dozens of them. The problem is that accuracy is strictly superior to damage on a one for one basis, so you should never put any points in the latter.

A more reasonable distribution would be (Accuracy +6; Damage +0L; Defense +4) or (Accuracy +4; Damage +0L; Defense +6). This still isn't that good, mind. Even with the weapon nerfs in the errata, a sword + shield can give (Accuracy +4; Damage +8L/2; Defense +6). Compare to Twilight!Taylor, who, with two charms of investment, punches barehanded for (Accuracy +9; Damage +5L; Defense +4).

If you actually want damage, consider the stats of a Soulsteel Grand Daiklaive: (Accuracy +4; Damage +12L/4; Defense +0) This has the same accuracy + defense, and twice as much damage. Also, it's piercing, has reach, and has a high minimum damage. Then there is the Grand Goremaul, which trades one point of defense for 4 dice of damage: (Accuracy +4; Damage +16L/5; Defense -1).

So if you want to use the charm as written, we should rework the distribution. Or we could just copy the stats for an artifact Soulsteel weapon, which is what they did in the errata.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  15. Skitzyfrenic

I just pulled it from Bii's plan. He did list that description. People didn't mention it. Figured that everyone was cool with it.

16. Skitzyfrenic

Vote Closed!

So I didn't math the obvious winners/losers.

[] Max/Kaiser (Father)= 3+1(n)+1
    [] Gwen/Rune (Crush)=
    [] Empire 88 (Organization)=
    [] Brockton Bay (Hometown)= 1(n)+3(n)+1+1(n)
    [] Kayden/Purity (Mother figure)= 1+3
    [] Aster (Cutest baby sister) = 4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4 = Win
    [] Dean Stansfield (Pompous douche-y windbag)=
    [] Victoria Dallon (Kind of a bitch)=
    [] Sex (Women)= 3+2+2+2+3+2 =14
    [] Nazism (Ideology)= 1(n)+2(n)+2(n)
    [] Mr. & Mrs. Schmidt aka Fog and Night (Liked, if a bit weird)=
    [] Herren Clan (Maternal Family)=
    [] Herren Clan Women; Rune, Othala, Fenja, Menja (Totally bangable)= 2+3+3+3+2 = 13
    [] PRT/Protectorate ENE (Organization)=
    [] Merchants (Filth)= 1

Theo has the following intimacies:
    Aster (Cutest Little Sister) and Sex (Women)

=====

If the current dark hard lightsaber is unacceptable to enough people, I will be offering a chance for the description to change (as well as its stat line) when Theo first pops the charms and goes 'holy fuck! This is awesome! Vrrrrooommmmm! Tssssss'

Snip incoming in a bit.

17. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Anasurimbor

Tanuki wakes up after hibernating for many, many, many hours!

Guys... just so you know, Resplendent Shadow Blade can be REPURCHASED and will provide a NEW set of weapon that we can use along with his older or original ones. So that's basically, Theo's -starting- DEATH SWORD OF DOOM.... that he can replace in time with a complimentary weapon if he finds that he wants a SUPER defensive weapon or a SUPER accurate weapon or a SUPER deadly weapon or a SUPER fast weapon or a PAIR of Dual Weapons.

Least Devotee and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  18. Skitzyfrenic

I made sure to bold that in the charm description on the character sheet. It can be repurchased, and Theo gains new darksabers.

Biigoh likes this.
  19. Biigoh

For those who believe that Tanuki's stat block is horrible for the laser sword.... here's the stat block for a daiklave.

Elaborately decorated and with double-edge blades over four feet long and six or more inches wide, daiklaves are the traditional weapons of the Exalted. Daiklaves are forged from steel alloyed with one of the five magical materials and are far too large to be wielded by mere mortals.

However, in the hands of an Exalt, the material of the sword resonates with the character’s anima, making the blade light and easy to wield, despite its impressive size. Each daiklave is unique, its shape partly a product of the smith’s desires and partly dictated by complex astrological factors. By long tradition, each is also named and treated as an honored companion to the Exalt who wields it.

A daiklave is deadly in the hands of any Exalted, but in the hands of one of the Exalted attuned to the magical material used in its construction, it is especially deadly. Such an Exalt can use the weapon as a conduit for her anima. The blade is not simply an extension of her body, but an expression of her will and her divine nature.

In addition to their inherent powers, most daiklaves have a setting for a single hearthstone. Beyond this setting and their inherent magic, most daiklaves bear no additional enchantment, and are artifacts of rating 2. However, some daiklaves, particularly those forged for nobles or noted heroes, are woven with other sorceries. Such enchantments are much more common on orichalcum relics of the First Age than on modern jade-alloy daiklaves.

Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +6L, Defense +2, Rate 3.

So, Theo The Dark Prince's weapon is basically equal to a plain daiklave, that is 1 point less accurate, but has infinite rate. Also has emotional effect if it hits someone.

It is not as good as a soulsteel daiklave, but so what? It's not like the Theo is truly optimized. He just has the appearance of someone who can sword with the best of them with a laser sword.

And really, he only has 10 charms to start... he can only gain more charms in time.

Remember favored/caste charms are only 8 XP, and takes (minimum ability) days to learn.
    While out of caste charms are 10 XP, and takes (minimum ability + essence) days to learn.
    Non-Abyssal charms are 16 XP and takes (minimum ability + essence) weeks to learn.

And we gain XP with posts, also this is pre-Skitter... :3

20. Anasurimbor

The description is great. It's just the stats I don't like. I had forgotten the how weak the pre errata version of charm is. I mean, the whole reason I went for Strength 3 was to wield a Grand Shellcaster / Grand Daiklave.

At least Wood Dragon's Claw gives you 15 points to distribute and you can change the distribution every round. Maybe we could use that setup. Theo changing his weapon in mid fight would provide good description fodder for fights.

You can, but that's kind of wasteful. Besides, as written I don't think you can summon two different weapons with different stats at the same time. If you can, the obvious choice is a +10 accuracy weapon and a +10 defense weapon, which I find somewhat distasteful.

A Soulsteel Daiklave has Accuracy +5, and doesn't cost precious Wp to summon. It also drains motes, but it doesn't make mortals curl up in a ball.

Depending on how the battles are run it might not even matter. Still, it just bothers me that his super awesome sword is not better than a perfect quality spear.

It also makes me wish we had Eyes Like Daggers Glance, so we could hate people to death with but a glare. Also sweet, sweet Aggravated damage against anything.

Then let's hope that this becomes a third long-running Exalted/Worm quest. Though those have taught me that charms are precious, precious things to be horded. Well, unless this ends up closer to the madness that is a Rihaku quest. *Rolls 40+ success on Wake the Sleeper to unlock 18 free Evocations.*

1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  21. Threadmarks: 04 - Bigger, Better, Faster
    Skitzyfrenic

You come out of your room in a much cleaner shirt, blood still leaking down your face and onto it, keeping it from being completely obvious that it was a 'clean' shirt. In a moment of common sense, you changed your pants too.

Fortunately, it was only Ophelia with her fiance Aaron. You hear them as you begin to make your way to the sitting room.

"Where is he?" she practically screeches. As long as you were white, Ophelia was very caring.

"He got better," Nessa answers smugly in reply.

"And? Let me see him! You made it sound like he'd been brutally murdered! I've spent the better part of fifteen minutes worrying!"

"Jessica, take Ophelia to her patient," comes your father's voice, "Aaron and I will retire to my study, we have things we must discuss. When the paramedics arrive make sure that they know my son is in the care of Ophelia."

"In the sitting room!" You call out to them absently.

As you settled into your chair and wait, a hand on the cloth held to your forehead, you take a moment to look down at yourself. Your shirt is baggy everywhere but the arms and shoulders, its a little tight. You tug at your collar and look at your still somewhat sticky chest.

You have muscles. YOU have MUSCLES. They're really well defined, and in your opinion, properly streamlined. Your shoulders and arms are bigger too. You wonder if other 'muscles' are bigger as well.

You jerk with a start as the mostly open door to the room is banged all the way open and Ophelia barges in with Jessica in tow. You are holding your loose pants open and what would seem to be checking out your junk, and you have been caught. You drop your pants and are thankful neither of the beautiful women in the room say anything, though Jess smirks. (Yes, by the way. Other muscles are bigger. Your quadriceps are huge.)

"I'm fine now, Ms. Herren, just bleeding from my forehead. It won't stop for some reason."

You removed the cloth and the blood begins to dribble down your face again.

"What happened?" she asks as she inspects the wound with a small frown.

"I was hurt, and there was quite a bit of blood," you answer, feeling just a bit more blood seep from your forehead, struck by the insight that Ophelia suspects your father.

She was right, but you also know that Max Anders rarely takes lip from any woman, unless he wants something from her. Ophelia didn't need that trouble. Nor did you need the fallout from telling her. You still weren't in a particularly good position to strike back at your father.

"Father panicked when I was unresponsive. Father's panic caused Jess and Nessa to panic too. I'm better now. Probably a minor brute rating."

Downplaying how hurt you were was probably a good thing.

Ophelia is still wearing that frown and looking you in the face, but a blush has begun to pink her cheeks.

"It looks like it was cut surgically, the edges are so smooth. Not to mention, I'd say a 'better' is a poor descriptor, Theo, you look amazing."

There was a lilt to her voice you aren't familiar with, and a little bit more blood seeps out.

She wants to touch you. You certainly wouldn't complain if she did. Ophelia certainly featured occasionally in your alone time. She wasn't that much older than you, and was a nurse at the Anders Memorial. When you had naughty nurse fantasies, a certain one-eyed nurse was the star.

Jessica coughed. Jessica wanted to deny Ophelia the chance to touch you. Because she wanted to do it instead.

"I'm pretty sure I might be a Thinker too. I can't be that good looking."

Now both of the women were sporting embarrassed looks and blushes. Ophelia's eyes glint though, and she leans back in. Her face is very close to yours. You can feel her breath, tickling your lips. Jessica makes a slightly strangled noise and Ophelia's hands rest mid way up your thighs. Her chest just barely brushes yours.

But she isn't looking in your eyes, just taking advantage of the situation. A moment later she's standing again, studiously ignoring the death glare she's receiving from Jess. You blink rapidly and fight down your own blush. You could use a glass of water to wet your sudden dry mouth.

"When you used your powers, you bled a bit more, didn't you? It looked like a thing ring and a small dot, when I first saw it. Its definitely a wider ring and a bigger dot now. Stitches probably won't help."

"That's... that actually really good to know. Thank you."

There's banging on your door again. There's definitely a moment of tense, awkward silence. You're pretty sure that neither wants to leave you alone in the room with the other.

"C'mon, 'Phelia. You're probably going to need to show your paperwork to the paramedics. And I need to go tell Max that 'The Dark Prince' is going to need a new wardrobe. He'll need to call Old Johann, there's no way Theo will be able to get a properly tailored suit for tomorrow evening otherwise."

There's a small exchange of looks, a snort of amused incredulity, and minor farewells. What to do now?

Well, first. To the bathroom to see what you look like now.

A moment later and your flabbergasted. You do look that good. Like you could have been the model for dozens of classical sculptures and paintings. Of course, it also looks like you might be cut from marble yourself, your skin is so smooth and white. If it weren't for your bright ice blue eyes, and the silvery sheen to your once golden blonde hair. But you can almost feel like something is wrong with the way you look.

Even with the subtle feeling of wrongness, you are without a doubt the most handsome, virile, and powerful looking fifteen year old young man you've ever seen. There is nothing remotely homosexual about admitting how handsome you are to yourself.

You touch your... mark. You can watch it heal, smoothly and slowly, as if the blood was getting wiped away, leaving clean unblemished skin.

Your hands curl around the sink and you stare at yourself.

"What are you going to do now, Dark Prince?"

Besides take advantage of your new super good looks and have romantic intimate relations with women? You can feel that if you had pushed it, you probably could have had Ophelia naked and straddling you, bouncing up and down in your lap.

You banish that thought. Like the nurse said 'you look amazing.' Using your powers to force it? No. But you can definitely use them to help you. Plus you have the looks to make them beg for it. And the penis. You did check that out. Definite upgrade.

You give a roguish grin at your mirrored self, a glint of hormonal mischief in your eye.

"You have powers, you have looks. I'll tell you what your going to do. Get with every powered woman in the Empire while you take it over."

Now, you need to find out what your father intends for you and if you need to, and if so, how to work around it.

What to do?:
    [] Go interject into Max and Aaron's conversation. Ask what he intends for you in the near future.

[] Wait until your father calls for you. He will eventually. Getting powers is a big thing.

[] Claim tiredness and beg off to go to sleep early. There is that high society Christmas party at the Sheridan tomorrow.

[] Write in

XP awarded: 4xp

22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ooh la la~ Just checking, Skitzyfrenic, are E88 against homosexual relationship, or are they more like keeping it behind closed doors?

Edit: Just checked the char sheet, and Theo seems to lack one Charm. He has 9 instead of 10.

23. Skitzyfrenic

That's a bit up in the air. Basically, the E88 handles it like Islam handles homosexuality. If its behind closed doors, and there's no reason to suspect you of it, then its whatever. But you are going to get the shit beaten out of you at the very least if you're open about it. Men are persecuted harder than women.

Its disliked. Very much so. But hot lesbians are hot.

I did miss a charm. I missed infinite melee mastery. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  24. Biigoh

[X] Plan Bii
    [X] Wait until your father calls for you. He will eventually. Getting powers is a big thing.
    -[X] In the mean time, there IS the rather large "gym" that looks more like a combination boxing ring and dojo in the basement with the VERY well reinforced walls and ceiling. That room and the dummies and racks of lethal melee weapons in it are where Father and the other parahumans that he invites over practice. Why not do some testing of your own and see what you can do?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Plan Bii

26. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Plan Bii

Just asking with a appearance so high wouldn't guys be attracted to us?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. Biigoh

Only if they were originally gay. ie they need to be attracted to males first to be attracted to The Dark Prince.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  28. Anasurimbor

[X] Go interject into Max and Aaron's conversation. Ask what he intends for you in the near future.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

[X] Plan Bii

30. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

OTOH, Social charms.

It's Earth Bet. If we kill everything on the planet, quality of life will only increase. :V

MOEP Abyssals reads as though all hopes of Redemption are just that, hopes, but the Scroll of Errata gives a lot of detail about how to play it: