1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Bii this isn't a Stunt its an attempt to write the quest.

A stunt is a single to three sentenced action. The LONGEST is a paragraph.
    How an action is to be taken.
    Defined Actions and use of the surrounding.

Three dice are when the character actively uses the environment to assist the action. Which is harder then it sounds, some storytellers are more lenient then others.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  2. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Bloodshifter Ive made a couple of different posts about stunts and what is and what isn't acceptable. I'll try to dig them up.

Snake/Eater You can't really stunt an intimacy. You're supposed to replace '???' With how you define tdps relationship with Sabah. Like aster is (best little sister).

1986ctcel and Snake/Eater like this.
  3. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Oops,Thanks for the warning .I'll get around my writing faux pas and fix up a nice stunt to balance out the books.

Skitzyfrenic and 1986ctcel like this.
  4. Tt409

Tt409 Not too sore, are you?

[X] plan bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  5. Skitzyfrenic

Bloodshifter

Here is the big part of what I ruled earlier on stunts.

What you posted here:

Is what the core book says. And that works fairly well for a game in which you communicate verbally. But we have lots of time, not just an afternoon. So lengthier stunts aimed at being 2-die are acceptable. And Bii's current stunt has a lot more wiggle room than the one previous, I can fill it with dialogue. You also have the opportunity to suggest your own stunt.

6. Bloodshifter

Sorry but, it really is too long and forces the Storyteller(you) to have the NPC follow an script even if the dice might decide otherwise. Stunts shouldn't directly move the NPC's without directly having the PC involved in Bii's stunt we see one, Panacea and Theo which SHOULD end the Stunt and the scene. Which is an lengthy two die stunt. Two, changing the scene when just talking to Panacea takes an Major or Minor slot over to Vista, expecting these two to not have separated by the time Panacea is beginning to doubt her ties with her (adopted) family. Another Minor/Major Action. Three, he is writing in Amy's response to Theo without dice being rolled yet. Something that should be a definite no no as even 34 Dice Pool E8 Solars can end up Botching, I'll never forget that moment my Solar mate completely failed at convincing an E3 Dragon Blooded guard to let us out of the city with a bribe, that scene can go a hundred ways depending on our rolls and how willing she is on spending willpower or ingoring our social attack.

7. Skitzyfrenic

You have good points. Here are mine:

Bii is describing Amy's response. If the rolls don't go Theo's way(or Amy spends willpower), well, Bii doesn't get that response and I get to cook one up.

Its sorta like a critical fail in D&D where the DM gets to tell you how fucked you are. I remember rolling that one at a prime time and my character subsequently got pummeled (and killed) by another fighter and the other fighter's cleric sister. After chopping into my own foot with my axe. Making me unable to run away.

They might even get interrupted by a now composed Sabah, before Theo can finish swaying Panacea to his pov and only achieve a partial victory. Just like Shadow Stalker interrupted our Vista time with her freak out.

Bii also hasn't accounted for a couple somethings. There will be consequences and/or parts of Tanuki's stunt/plan completely ignored.

These are the risks Bii's stunt takes.

I have felt that, yeah, I am kinda following something of a script in previous posts. I've been looking for ways to take such a detailed or a longer stunt and break it up and down so its less script like without going back and being like 'Yeah, that isn't really working anymore, could you please stop that?'

People also keep voting for them. Pretty sure you're the first to go: 'Nope too long.'

I've already said they're alright. And what is accepted as a stunt is ST discretion, plus golden rule. And Rule the IV:

Which leads nicely into:

It helps me out quite a bit as I can plan for things like TDP botching his rolls, and surprises I want to throw in to force a roll to botch, or ways I want to tweak things to make it succeed, because it takes a bit of the creative load off of me. Which is big for me because first time in a ST type position. I usually only have to worry about one character, not a whole cast of them. And being as ADD as I am, this can cause things like(but not limited to): punching canon in the face in a way I didn't want to (eg the first world building snip re:Rune), mischaracterization that I have to adjust later with storytelling (re:Kaiser, Sabah), mischaracterizing characters that I've been characterizing because canon doesn't really have enough to go off of, and other things. I barely getting it to hold together as is.

Ummmm. I think that's everything I wanted to cover.

8. Snake/Eater

[X] Plan Snake

What Do?:
    [X] Go with Amy

XP Purchases:
    [X] Bank

Sabah (A true friend and uncomfortably confidante)
    [X] Before you became a prince, you had always felt so alone. Because of the chaos called your family, you had...no choice but to build a wall around your heart. The constant abuse from your father coupled with his expectations forced you to turn away from human warmth. Though while your baby sister Aster did give some rare moments of solace whenever you held her, she was still too young to understand you. You were just a sturdy wall pressed against a sea of faces, forever solitary.

But that was then, whatever the Dark Lady did to you, she broke...no obliterated that damned wall that trapped your heart and The Dark Prince was born. You feel more alive then ever before, whether it was chance or fate that you met Sabah, while you sense that she is not as trapped as you were, something is still shackling her. She is the first of your court and a possible true friend or something more that is not weighed down by the possible knowledge of who your family is and what you used to be.

You are The Dark Prince and Sabah will be your rock, to push, humble and strengthen you in your merriment, business and convictions and likewise to her.

[X] 1 Major and 1 Minor (Panacea)
    -[X] Charm Panacea into giving you her number,so you can go out with her.
    -[X] try and make some small talk to get to know the real Panacea.
    -[X] Use personal motes for Exquisite Etiquette Style [1m], 2nd Presence Excellency [4m], and Scathing Cynic Attitude [3m] leaving you with 1 mote left.

[X] Stunt
    You follow the healer of New Wave, this is the moment you have waited for so long. She found you worthy to be her equal. You are a prince and your heart is racing and your thoughts are spinning, whatever she has to say, you can hopefully mold the situation in your hands to win her favor and free her from her family and their draconian expectations.

You have finally stopped, this is the moment you have waited for so long, what you have risked Sabah's life and career for, to come out of this empty handed would have been a grave insult to her.

I fixed my mistakes in my plan and add the stunt i forgot.....:oops: that was a little embarrassing but a lesson is learned and all that afterschool special crap.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Biigoh, GiftofLove and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

10. Firedon

Firedon Experienced.

Snake/Eater You should check the punctuation and general structure of the intimacy vote. It's kind of painful to read right now. If you want, I can send you the errors that stand out per pm, since I don't really feel like listing them here.

11. Snake/Eater

sure,you can pm.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  12. Biigoh

Looks nice... but your charm use... or rather costs involved needs revision.

2nd Charm Excellency MUST be spend in blocks of 2 motes. ie each success bought costs 2 motes each.
    And Scathing Cynic Attitude costs 3 motes.

tomio, Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  13. Snake/Eater

I edited my mistake,here it is.thanks

Biigoh and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  14. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

[X] Plan Bii

I remember when I posted about "If Plan Bii always wins, then this'll effectively be a Skitzy+Bii fic instead of a quest." but this is basically exactly what I would vote for anyway. Dark Princess Amelia gogogo

15. Biigoh

Tanuki uses mysterious tanuki magic of retconmancy which is not shady at all to divine good plans. :3

Also Bii has voted for other plans in this quest as well.... soh, its not all plan bii... :3

tomio, Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  16. Skitzyfrenic

There are a lot less people on the weekends. I was thinking of closing the vote around midday tomorrow, but maybe I'll let it ride until Monday, and just do something omakey tomorrow instead of an update.

Biigoh, tomio, 1986ctcel and 3 others like this.
  17. RedOrion

RedOrion I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]plan bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  18. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  19. Nyrath

Nyrath I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  20. Budda002

Budda002 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  21. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[X] Snake/Eater

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  22. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

One possible issue with Plan Bii: Gallant knows there is something funny going with TDP. While he isn't incredibly close to her, any all too sudden changes in Amy's behavior may set off red flags.

23. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I think he's more suspicious of Sabah than Theo.

I mean his girlfriend suddenly caught the gay right in front of him. How suspicious~

tomio, ZipLopz, Glasbowl14 and 3 others like this.
  24. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

OTOH, Triumph 'knows' that we're a vial cape and wants to talk us into the Wards. He may nudge Gallant into doing nothing, so as to not disrupt his own pitch.

tomio, ZipLopz, Glasbowl14 and 4 others like this.
  25. Bloodshifter

[X] Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  26. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

[X] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  28. Threadmarks: Omake: UCStallion
    Skitzyfrenic

Something omake-y something omake-y... Maybe something a bit cracky...

The Unconquered Sun knew something was up. Being as perfect and excellent as he was, he knew when Luna was smug, but not smug.

All that smug made him want to bend hir over and fuck the smug out of her.

Unfortunately for the Unconquered Sun, the Emerald Mother wielded this nasty wooden spoon.

He had to know.

"Luna..."

"Sun..."

"Why are you so smug?"

"I now know what the fuck an alicorn is! Eat that you golden asshole! And -my- alicorn is way better than yours!"

And that was how the UCS was introduced to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and stopped playing the Games of Divinity.

Creation suffered even worse than before. For even the Fates had been turned into Pegasisters by the Brony the UCS.

*Skitzy is smacked by a golden wing*

I mean, the Alicorn Prince The Unconquered Stallion: Element of Magic and the five destined Element bearers the Fillies of Fate.

Meanwhile on Earth Bet

"Well, that was easier than I expected," the Dark Prince said as he turned to look at his circle mate, the Queen of Carrion.

"Surely our valiant victory, violently fought, was fortuitously fraught with fright to feed upon."

Behind them lay a shattered, broken, and dying Simurgh. In front of them stood the gaping Triumvirate.

"Princess Vista has arrived to fu- I mean celebrate with her future husband!"

A teal-white pega-corn landed next to the Queen of Carrion. Looking for the suddenly missing Dark Prince.

"Hesitant husbands have absconded e're arrival of adolescent affections."

The winged unicorn and the tall svelte woman glared at one another.

Brockton Bay's reception of the Simurgh ended in under ten minutes with 12 death and 43 casualties. The subsequent battle between two powerful female parahumans resulted in 400 deaths and over one thousand casualties.

29. Snake/Eater

prompt:i want to see a omake of the verbal showdown between Theo and ShadowStalker from a different PoV.i'm having trouble deciding which one to go for,but i don't want SS,Vista,Emma,Sabah and any of the Dallon/Palham clan.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  30. Biigoh

It's simple... GALLANT!

Skitzyfrenic and Snake/Eater like this.