1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Well, that Stellaris game is sunk. The last remaining awakened Fallen Empire is getting eaten by the Prthy's, and I'm next on the block. No one has more then 20k fleet power, and no help's coming. GG.

2. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

I... what?

3. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

War in Heaven got declared just before they arrived, and both the Precursor's decided they'd rather kill each other despite being on the opposite ends of the ring galaxy and Prethoryn's being in between.

4. KinKrow

Some salty prick on Destiny actually sent me a 'go back to cod' message.

Wow.

Just because I crouch around a corner when you're chasing me doesn't make me a camper, dipshit.

daimahou and Derek58 like this.
  5. KinKrow

[​IMG]

In case this is broken for you...

[​IMG]

...and the link to the gif.

Destiny's Iron Banner is almost sexy enough to make you forget it's a shitty system, implemented in a shitty PvP style.

Almost.

-LOL
    -ONLY 4V4 NO MATTER THE MODE
    -YOU CAN'T CHOOSE YOUR MODE
    -OPEN SPACES ON ALL MAPS MEANS THE META IS FOR RANGED (cuckolds) FIRETEAMS
    -HOW DID WE EVEN REVOLUTIONIZE CONSOLE FPS MULTIPLAYER?
    Sincerely,
    Bungie

I think every Destiny game is going to be released in shitty form, while they have to dredge themselves out of the pit dug by their bad decisions.

6. Leingod

Leingod Immaculate Blooming Lotus

7. KinKrow

Derek58 likes this.
  8. KinKrow

Shit, sorry for the double post, but I'm pretty sure this game is worth buying, if even only for the soundtrack.

Also, 90% off a 7.99 game means you're only paying 79 cents.

Careful if you buy the dlc though, the base game comes with one of them.

Buy the game first, then add the soundtracks and the checkout will tell you which you already have :V

EDIT: Started my first character.

Well okay then.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  9. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

So the first thing you did after starting a new game was to poop yourself? This game sounds pretty funny, I might check it out myself.

KinKrow likes this.
  10. KinKrow

I also like that my female character enjoys the company of older women so much she takes quests just for the chance to bang them.

Top of the line character building, I say!

Also, that was all random backstory for my character.

11. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Yeah, I noticed when I started a game myself. That said I'll straight up admit that I hate the permadeath mechanic- it leads to me being way to cautious, and I already play games slowly. That said I feel like I have to play on classic mode because it is required to unlock a bunch of things, which annoys the hell out of me.

KinKrow likes this.
  12. KinKrow

Huh, you're going through it slow?

I started a Pali and am whipping through it.

[DANGEROUS] enemies are the worst, I nearly died a couple of times.

The trick is to chain hits while until your health is low, then heal twice or so.

EDIT: SanctuaryRPG is like if Dark Souls and Pokemon had a baby, but ASCII nursed it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  13. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I go through games slowly just because of my play style. I like to thoroughly explore everything, and I tend to do all the side quests I can before I progress with the main quest. It is one of the reasons I never even bother with 99% of open world games (not that this really feels like an open world game, but it is an example), to many quests have me running back and forth all the time until I forget what my main quest was even about. Me being extra cautious about it just adds to the time, because I tend to spend noticeably longer in combat checking stuff, and I'll heal sooner than I would if I just got an exp or gold penalty for dying.

All this said I will admit I very much like the way stuff is actually hidden in the ASCII art that you can interact with. I've opened so many free treasure chests just by noticing the 8 on them, and the free events from Xs also help. Those tend to be more hit or miss though.

KinKrow likes this.
  14. KinKrow

Also, guys, have the opening theme.

Fuck, it's so tasty.
    Tasty for my ears.

Derek58 likes this.
  15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So I have a shameful confession to make: I bought Super Mario Odyssey on a whim yesterday and realized as I booted it up that I have never actually owned a Mario game aside from a couple of iterations of Mario Kart despite having owned, like, four or five generations of Nintendo consoles.

KinKrow and daimahou like this.
  16. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Better late than never.

17. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

That's not shameful at all. Not like you regularly rant about how awful Mario is or something, and I expect lots of people have just given the Mario games a miss. I mean they are well done sure, but for the most part they are platformers/adventure games, and those aren't some people's preference. I know I've stopped playing most recent Mario games myself since they haven't really been my thing, although admittedly at least part of that is that my newest Nintendo console is the Gamecube.

18. KinKrow

wayne82444, I'm playing my Desperate Lesbian Mage after my Pali died, and I'm making good progress.

By 'good progress', I mean I have a weapong with a 50% to bleed either me or my enemy each turn, slap on one to three barriers, and go the fuck to town on the assholes.

The points in VIT and extra health perks matched with turn-based auto-healing don't hurt.
    That isn't that bad at all.

The only Mario game I ever owned was the DS version of Super Mario 64.

19. tertius

tertius drunken shitposter extraordinaire

The Monthly Bundle is expiring in 20 hours or so, in case anyone is interested in playing Quake Champions, Elder Scrolls Online or Elder Scrolls Legends. Online just released the Clockwork City DLC (set in the second era with Sotha Sil very much alive), and Legends will release its own Clockwork City expansion at the end of this month (set in the fourth era before the events of Skyrim, showing how his project fared in his absence).

20. ErtNiter

ErtNiter Know what you're doing yet?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but how do you open HTML games in browser? I used to be be able to do it but like a dumbass i lost the way to do it. when i download them i just get a raw fill that just copy when i try to use it on browsers.

21. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Right click on the file, select Open With, then either choose the browser you want to use or go to Choose Default Program if it isn't in the list already.

ErtNiter likes this.
  22. ErtNiter

I'm trying that but it just copying the game to my downlaod folder so I'm not sure what im doing wrong.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  23. KinKrow

It's happening, mai bois.

DeathShade and Nanimani like this.
  24. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Have you tried opening it from the download folder?

25. ErtNiter

That is what I'm doing, but every time I right click chose open app in Chrome/internet expolorer/firefox it just downloads a copy of the file to the download forlder.

26. tertius

tertius drunken shitposter extraordinaire

A while back, Chrome started to require embedding flash games in a webpage to play. I have this template saved for my Zone folder, replace Flash.swf both times with actual file name.
    HTML:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html>
       <head>
    	  <title></title>
    	  <style type="text/css">
    * {
       width: 100%;
       height: 100%;
       margin: 0;
       padding: 0;
       overflow: hidden;
    }
    	  </style>
       </head>
       <body>
    	  <div>
    		 <object 
    			type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    			data="Flash.swf">
    			<param 
    			   name="movie" 
    			   value="Flash.swf">
    		 </object>
    	  </div>
       </body>
    </html>

Firefox is even more finicky, won't play these even with the html if it's a local file instead of served from a webserver, at least on Linux. The simplest solution is to run
    Code:
    python2 -m SimpleHTTPServer 8083
    (or some other unoccupied port) in the directory with the html files, just don't do it on a public network if you don't intend to share.

ErtNiter likes this.
  27. KinKrow

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Nanimani, daimahou and Derek58 like this.
  28. mizerie

mizerie Brazenly New

The fact that Activision started the problem takes everything into context.

29. KinKrow

They swapped out trailer music.

It was the composer bringing it up, and Bungie execs deciding to do illegal shit on their own.

Activision nudged a ball, and Bungie took that as their signal to run screaming into the night.

They just... aren't the company they used to be.

You can see it in the way they treated their composer, in the way that so many Bungie employees jumped ship, and the way they literally stated fans would buy their shit no matter what.

It's actually fascinating at this point, seeing a beloved company shed itself of basic decency, and go even further.

mizerie and Derek58 like this.
  30. KinKrow

Yeah, it's been over ten days, so I have almost no guilt double posting to ask for advice.

I recently beat Skyrim, and while fun I've heard good things about the Morroblivion games.

Which choose, and why? :V

I vaguely remember that gibbousmoons had... opinions about this.

Or are the Skyblivion and Skywind mods far enough along I shouldn't even bother?