• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Ok, folks I got a dumb question.

What's the best way to get into Street Fighter and get all the lore and story bits?

Yeah, I know 'Rivan cares about story in fighty game lol' I know it's dumb but it's just how my brain is wired.

I heard about the 30th anniversary collection was based on the arcade machines. Do they have all the story stuff or was that just for the home consoles?
The story of Street Fighter is extremely difficult to parse through the games. I've been playing for years and even most of what I know has come from outside the game. Trying to figure anything out from the games means you'd have to play all of them as every character to pick up pre and post match dialogue from the arcade modes. 5 is the only one that has a story mode and it doesn't really do much to explain what happened to that point. Just watch this lore video. It's an hour long but it goes in depth on pretty much all you need to know.

... alright! I tried it again. The trick is keeping the pot at hand rather than the flask. Difficult, but I managed to stun her once already.
If you're willing to invest in switching weapons the Deaths Poker and Blasphemous Blade can accomplish the same thing with their weapon arts. Though it relies on you playing a bit more aggressively. Also, if you use the latter, since Malenia is a human sized enemy the weapon art will just knock her down every time it hits.

The story of Street Fighter is extremely difficult to parse through the games. I've been playing for years and even most of what I know has come from outside the game. Trying to figure anything out from the games means you'd have to play all of them as every character to pick up pre and post match dialogue from the arcade modes. 5 is the only one that has a story mode and it doesn't really do much to explain what happened to that point. Just watch this lore video. It's an hour long but it goes in depth on pretty much all you need to know.

If you're willing to invest in switching weapons the Deaths Poker and Blasphemous Blade can accomplish the same thing with their weapon arts. Though it relies on you playing a bit more aggressively. Also, if you use the latter, since Malenia is a human sized enemy the weapon art will just knock her down every time it hits.

OK, I'll check it out. Thanks. I heard a lot of good things about 6 and I wanted to jump in. About all I know of the franchise was that old 90s movie. Which, while it was a fun watch, even I know that didn't really tell the story.

Square Enix makes a shocking announcement. The FF7 Remake will have plot and character development
Fxx8TwoaEAEP7py.jpg
https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1665342665502920706
No shit? Will it continue to have those time paradox spirits?

I have to say ... I kinda don't like Elden Ring as much as previous From soft games.
It was a slog just to get through to Altus and then I dropped it entirely. Too much stuff for me to keep track of at once.

I did it. I beat Malenia, Blade of Miquella solo. Thanks, vyor. Your tip with the frost pot gave me the decisive blow.

Anytime, I figured you'd have wanted a method that took some skill rather than, as an example, stunlocking her with dragon incants or magic.

Anytime, I figured you'd have wanted a method that took some skill rather than, as an example, stunlocking her with dragon incants or magic.
Honestly, after her, Godfrey felt like a cakewalk. All that's left are the Dragonlord and the Elden Beast.

Some trailers I thought were interesting

First is a new Sonic game. Looks like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy will be playable.

Second is an adaptation of one of Akira Toriyama's mangas: Sand Land. The tank and the robot are cute.

And the last is a Left 4 Dead style game made by John Carpenter because that's weird.

Also, the Pinocchio based Soulslike Lies of P got delayed but there's a demo for it out now.

Was replaying Dishonored and I have to ask: does anyone else know of other games with a time-stop power? Seriously, I couldn't stop LARPing as Dio Brando after I unlocked the second upgrade for the Time Stop power. Shit is completely overpowered and makes the game so damn easy its crazy.

Was replaying Dishonored and I have to ask: does anyone else know of other games with a time-stop power? Seriously, I couldn't stop LARPing as Dio Brando after I unlocked the second upgrade for the Time Stop power. Shit is completely overpowered and makes the game so damn easy its crazy.
It's technically a slo-mo/bullet time mode instead of a full on time stop, but F.E.A.R has that as something the player can do right from the start. Bonus points when you combo it with the ability to gib and ragdoll enemies in slow motion.

Last edited:
There was a FPS game on the Xbox 360 with time-stopping powers, I really loved playing the demo when I was a Teen, don't remember what it was called though.

Edit: Maybe Timeshift?

It's technically a slo-mo/bullet time mode instead of a full on time stop, but F.E.A.R has that as something the player can do right from the start. Bonus points when you combo it with the ability to gib and regdoll enemies in slow motion.
If you're looking further back on the slo mo there's also a classic in the form of Max Payne.

Cyberpunk 2077 with a specced Sandevistan build.

The Dio DOOM mod of course. :D Also Hyper Light drifter mod.

Plugged in Shooty Fruity. Yes it's as silly as it sounds. You check groceries while shooting angry cartoon fruit. Or load cafeteria trays, in the first alternate level type I unlocked.

Decent fun so far, if simple. Complete the three missions in each level, shoot fruit, unlock more guns and levels, simple. Guns have laser sights- except for the OP shotgun-like weapon I just unlocked, but the spread is so horrible there's not much point in firing it unless something is in your face. I much prefer the revolver and handguns, since I can snipe fruit before they ever get close- aside from the ones that show up close, and even then it works. I assume it'll eventually throw watermelons close up and then it'll be useful, though, since the one I saw so far was a real bullet sponge.

It's a very frantic game, trying to do three things at once- throw items, grab guns as they pass by on the conveyor, shoot fruit until the ammo runs out, grab a new gun. You can put guns to the side but sometimes they fly away if you put them too close to something. Decent fun.

Some gameplay footage from the new armored core came out:

Good amount of vertical movement to it. Can certainly see some influence from Fromsoft's other games, will be interesting to see someone like Zulie going over the units in it for similarities.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back