1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Moderation: Mod introduction + Reminder of Rule 8
    Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

The first post is mod approve locked to battle the vile forces of SPAM-BOT prime.

Hello, this is ye olde friendly mod reminder.

Since you're new on the site please be aware that QQ does have a no current day politics thing. And gender politics does count for such.

Posting stories where stuff like politics happen because they're part of a story and not a soapbox platform to expound on politics from, is fine... but discussions of current day politics isn't.

You can check out the rules here - https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/rules.1/

2. Moderation: Friendly reminders are over. Remember Rule 8 or else.
    Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

ENOUGH. We told you before to not bring up RL gender poltics here.

We gave enough friendly reminders. We'll start distributing warnings from now on if you still can't follow Rule 8.

3. Moderation: Final Notice
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Okay, so just before I go to bed for work I get warnings about attempted doxxing.
    Given things that have happened in the past couple days I have come to a decision.

Discussion on the topic of gender, the labeling, politics, or otherwise there of is hereby to be put to an IMMEDIATE Halt.
    Discussion on the the personal details, real, theorized, or fictional, of Mr Zoat, his name, his contact information, or even his favorite color is FORBIDDEN.

Mods will be reviewing this thread to determine if doxxing was attempted, if so who was responsible, and what punishments, if any, will be meted out.
    If you have posted ANYTHING that can be reasonably considered doxxing attempts DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY.

For now, I will leave the thread open, if you see any posts after this that violate these rules please report them. If you see any previous posts that appear to be doxxing attempts also report them to help mods locate them.

- Good Night
    Warning no longer relevant after further review

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  4. Moderation: Retraction
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

It appears, after some investigation, that I had misunderstood the situation due to a lack of context. I would like to issue an apology to AsTheGlassMelts and @pvd for this. I will not make excuses for this as it is my fault for not doing proper research into the topic before reacting. A thanks to Megaolix for both being able to do so and reverting my warnings and edits.

The previous warning can, for the most part be ignored. While, of course, Doxxing is not something allowed, there is no need to enforce such strong restrictions in this thread. On discussions of gender, as it was in reaction to a misunderstanding the warning is also to be taken back, though a reminder to try and keep it on topic to the story itself. Such discussion does toe the line of Rule 8 but so long as things remain civil there won't be a need for mod intervention for ontopic discussions.

5. Moderation: Derail - not the thread to discuss Rule 8
    ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

I see Generic_Generica missed one. Don't worry, you won't be left out.

And RE: Discussing how oppressive Rule 8 is/isn't/whatever, yeah feel free to talk about it.... perhaps in a different thread, though, it seems to be veering away from relevance to the story. If you don't want to go into Rants, feel free to make one in general or the Announcements + Rules board, though the Admins have already said their piece in the past.

Thanks and have a nice day.

6. Moderation: Rule 8 - Comment in the context of the story
    TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

Keep your commentary to the context of the story only; bringing real-world politics into this will not end well for you.

7. Moderation: Rule 1 Reminder
    TotalAbsolutism

This is well beyond the bounds of the kind of conduct we allow here on QQ. If you can't talk to other people in a thread nicely then I will very nicely make you leave.

8. Moderation: Rule 1 Warning
    TotalAbsolutism

Threadban, three days. You were warned.

9. Moderation: "Rule 8 - No Politics" is not a shield
    Mokou

Mokou Muse in charge! Moderator

Moderation
    I'm going to step in here for a moment.
    Stating that further discussion of a topic would be in violation of the rules, implicitly using it as a shield for your argument, is not in keeping with rule 8's objective of avoiding thread derails and heated arguments over politics. The rules are no more a weapon to wield in this manner than threats of reporting.

If you must address a topic, address it. If addressing a topic properly would unavoidably spill over into prohibited territory, then don't bring it up.