1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Given the Qwardians xenophobic culture, I doubt they'd be all that pleased that he's calling himself a Weaponer.

2. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

Holy shit Zoat did you just turn this into a Worm crossover

3. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is this how Thaddeus flirts?

moralrelativity likes this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

5. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

This is what Star Sapphires should be doing, finding unlikely matches that could have incredible (and ideally positive) impacts on the world. It's weird saying that in regards to a Sivana/Weaponer potential pairing, sure, but there is an interstellar war going on after all, so it makes a weird kind of sense. And more importantly, makes for every entertaining reading. I hope Ghi'ata is doing something similar (in either/both Paragon and Renegade timelines).

Edit: And it would be nice to see them championing other forms of love too; the Found Family trope is pretty popular for a reason, and it would give them more nuance.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  6. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

I suspect that includes Thaddeus himself.

7. Inbetweenaction

Inbetweenaction Versed in the lewd.

"It is a socia.." "SOFT SCIENCE!!!!"

8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

A better answer would be "The government will fine any store they catch selling it to him."

mastermenthe, Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  9. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Good to see he remembers how to not be a pushover.

I would love to see how Thaddeus would react to knowing that he, a contender for Greatest Human Inventor/Mad Scientist, was gloating about having almost defeated a high-school dropout.

10. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Thaddeus also isn’t an adult yet.

Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, I know you originally said there were nine Guardians, and then later changed it to eleven. However, this still says nine. If you will make it eleven, will you use the last two Guardians that are Maltusians that I found on the Green Lantern wiki that aren't from after the New 52: Guardian 7 and Scar? If so, are you taking requests for what their names will be?

Edit: Also, looking up the wiki, the Guardian who was assimilated by Larfleeze is just known as the Orange Lantern of Space Sector 3001. Will you be making that the Space Sector where Maltus is instead of leaving it ambiguous?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  12. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Qualifications, not age.

Thaddeus believes there is no one, aside from possibly his father, who could teach him anything. Daciya knows she isn’t even close to matching the average Weaponer. Yet the two found themselves relatively evenly matched.

13. Mr Zoat

Neither Guardian would be called those things, due to Scar not having a scar and the Guardian not being a number.
    Probably not.

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Just to confirm, you will be editing that part to say eleven Guardians and then think up of names for them yourself?

15. Mr Zoat

If you could please link to where I said there were eleven?

16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Here they are:

17. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Before you can build a better bomb, you need to build better bombmakers.

I like it.

So that you can continue to test yourself against them.
    Remember, the objective isn't to crush your enemies and rule unhindered, it's to produce the greatest destructive technologies possible.

For a duel, they probably wouldn't, but for a 'friendly spat' like this, letting your competition retreat for a bit to step their game up also gives you the chance to step your game up. So that the next clash can be even louder and more destructive.

18. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

The goggles do nothing.

19. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Two and a half days later.

What the hell did my brother do to the southern dueling grounds?

"Daciya and Thaddeus had a disagreement, I'm sure the damage isn't quite that bad."

Illustres we're getting massive energy discharges and seismic shocks from the area.

"ok so maybe they may have gone overboard."

A few minutes later

"Getting real tired of running into sylvana's in the middle of sexual activities."

Brother what are you doing?

That should be rather obvious now if you'd kindly leave I am not preforming for an audience.

Both of you leave and never speak of this or I will kill you without a second thought.

"your destructo nookie is destabilizing the region."

(Georgia and Paul run from a hail of Qwa bolts.)

"Well that's going to be an interesting day when he introduces her to your mother."

Yes I almost feel bad for her.

"I'm Sure Venus will be alright."

I wasn't talking about mother.

20. DrThoth

Are we going to find out the history of the Reach? I'd be interested in the process of how the Writ was, well, written.

Did Sephtian ever figure out how the Zatara family magic works? Is anyone else researching the issue?

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

22. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Omake: Greed for SCIENCE!

"Red Tornado had six decades dealing with people trying to control him and or wanting to tear him apart to see how he works, did you honesty think he didn't take any precautions after the first few times?"

While Braniac is distracted by me talking and also fighting the League and the five countermeasures he has not fully neutralized, he gets hit by a spell by Doctor Fate specifically designed to remove anything "not from this Earth" and guess what? Braniac is an alien.

While what it looks like a screaming creature of blue plasma flies away into space, Red Tornado robotic body finally does an emergency shutdown.

Then I hit the body with my "neutralizer gun" just to be extra safe. Took me a whole two months to make the gun neutralize anything but Red Tornado programing and soul. The results before that... well... good thing the robots I tested the gun on are not legally people.

And then I hold my hand up for a minute telling everyone else to wait. Then I lower it when nothing happens during said minute.

"I think we can be 89% sure Braniac is gone. Me and the others in the Science team are still going to look over his code just to be safe but by cost benefit analysis the Red Tornado robot tech is too primitive compared to what Braniac prefers so... good job?"

Everyone, even Batman seemed to relax, this could have gone quite badly. Braniac could have taken over anything electronic connected to the Internet, so we literally would have toasters trying to kill people... and all the nukes falling down the sky... because why not?

How the "Internet of things" exists in a place like this Earth still astounds me. Then again it has been proven repeatedly that no matter were or when humans do tend to do stupid things.

Living over two years in a universe with a Batman that actually gets along with people yet is nowhere as ridiculous as the 60s TV show version has been... interesting.

Sure maybe things would have been easier for me if I had decided to keep using the power ring instead of using it to make me as superhuman as I could be while still being technically human and then destroyed it. But being depending on a power ring instead of making my own things? Being Doc Brown, instead of a kid with a weapon I don't know how it fully works and that can be remotely shut down? Give me being Doc Brown any time.

Granted I did make myself eighteen but this was a fresh start so why not?

And yes I have been called an idiot more that once for destroying the ring instead of trying to figure how it works but screw power rings, they come with too many complications. And I couldn't find a replacement Power Battery without stealing from a Green Lantern anyway, so I decided to do the smart thing and don't fight against someone way better at using a power ring that myself and that could actually recharge the darn thing.

Plus, I think I might be able to make something like the Ultimatrix from Ben 10 in a few decades more...

But that's on the future, for now we have to go over Red Tornado to make sure he is 100% Braniac free, and it will also give me a chance to study if he is some kind of elemental in this reality or not.

I want power, but I want to do it my way and I want to know what I am doing and how it works.

Also is nice to have fellow (Mad) Scientists to hang out with.

AN: Basically Mad Science Paul.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  23. DrThoth

Has Paragon-timeline Ghi'ata tracked down Chantinelle yet, or trying to? I'm assuming she knows she exists, but I don't think that would be improbable.

Prince Charon and Xmaster3000 like this.
  24. Threadmarks: Onslaught (part 8)
    Mr Zoat

24th August 2012
    14:18 GMT

"Do you think I should have brought something?"

I shake my head as we walk along Ranx's corridors in the direction of Dox's office.

"He's an Orange Lantern. If he wanted a material object, he could make it himself."

"Yes, but if I'd saved a project we would have something to do."

"He's running a major war. I'm sure that he'll appreciate any insight you…" I frown. "No, honestly, I'm not sure of that, but according to the two people closest to him you're the first person Dox has expressed a desire to see for personal reasons."

"Make up?"

"Unless it would help bolster your confidence, I'd say no. Georgia, why are you this worried?"

She wrings her hands.

"I don't have a great deal of experience with this sort of thing."

"You've been talking to Dox for months. With full two-way holographics. He knows what you look-. Georgia, you haven't been using someone else's face, have you?"

"Of course not. He'd see right through that."

I wave as we walk past a couple of L.E.G.I.O.N. officers, and get respectful nods back.

"So, just be-. Maybe tone down the overtly psychotic evil a little, but otherwise just be yourself."

I field Lantern Ratchet in a construct baseball glove.

"Sorry Lantern Ratchet, not today. We've got company."

He rises out of the glove, orientating himself on Georgia who already has her scanner out. "Hello. I'm Lantern Ratchet, Clarissi Vril Dox's aide."

"Yes, he's mentioned you once or twice. How do your species naturally locomote?"

"We swim. Out of the water we tend to use a combination of gripping and pulling, and looking pathetic and hoping someone takes pity on us."

She frowns. "Does that work?"

"Oh yes. Our tentacles are quite strong, and we are fairly light."

"No, the pity thing. It seems extremely chancy to me."

"That was a joke."

"Oh, a.. joke." Georgia fidgets. "Yes, I… Should have spotted that."

"We use robot suits. Before we had those, we could use picks or simple mechanisms. Can I touch you?"

She frowns. "Why?"

Ratchet deflates slightly. "Clarissi Dox didn't mention me at all, did he?"

"No, he mentioned you. He just didn't actually tell me anything about you."

"Just…" He sags in the air slightly. "Never mind. You can go in. Both of you."

Ratchet turns around and floats back to his work station. Georgia watches him go.

"Why did he want to touch me?"

"He's a social deviant from a zero tactility culture. He really likes touching people."

"And you indulge him."

"Yes. It's harmless and it makes him happy."

"Is that..?" She frowns. "You have a girlfriend, don’t you?"

"Letting people touch you isn't cheating. It's fulfilling a basic psychological need we get from our monkey ancestors."

"I don't think our primate ancestors would have found being grasped by tentacles fulfilling to their grooming requirements." She gives her head a small shake, then marches straight-armed towards Dox's door.

The door opens, and…

And.. someone -I'm going to assume that it wasn't Dox- has decorated. His minimalistic hologram system is still here, but now it's been joined by… Potted plants. A soft seating area. A wooden desk. Carpet. I'd.. guess.. Brande was responsible, but I don't think that this is something that anyone could sneak by Dox without him noticing. So he's approved it, and the first I'm seeing of it is when Georgia appears.

Well paint me pink and call me Star Sapphire.

"Doctor Sivana."

Dox isn't wearing his normal uniform jacket. Instead, he's wearing a lab coat, though his posture is exactly the same.

"Clarissi Dox."

Georgia is awkwardly looking him over and… It looks like she's trying to work out whether or not she should adopt a similar pose.

"You have a mission for me, sir?"

Dox's eyes move from Georgia to me for a heartbeat, before returning to Georgia.

"Yes. Would.. you.. both.. like to take a seat?"

He gestures to the seating area, and… That's a tea service.

I think I need to get out of here before they start holding hands or something.

Georgia stiffly takes a seat, and I take the position next to her. Dox sits down rigidly opposite us, using his ring to call up a holographic image.

"As I told you prior to your mission to Yuna, the Reach are building up for a counterattack."

A map of the region appears, seventeen locations being highlighted. They're well inside Reach territory, but taking into account travel times… Yes, those would cause significant local problems.

"You want me to destroy one? Or two?"

"No."

A thought and the image zooms in on one of the fleets. Not.. Reach ships. Those are juluuni, a species the Reach overran centuries ago. Dox spots the look of recognition on my face.

"Leftovers?"

"The Reach wouldn't put their own people on inferior ships. We've been working on the assumption that these species were extinct. If they're still alive and the Reach are just… Storing them somewhere, it undermines our credibility. Doubly so if we are the ones who finally wipe them out."

"So I need to board them, find out what's going on and then rescue as many as I can."

"If by 'rescue' you mean 'collect biological samples', yes. The Reach has had them for long enough to overwrite their minds with whatever they want. There's little point in trying to liberate them."

"I don't want to pre-judge that."

"You could just wipe them out." I turn to Georgia with raised eyebrows. "That far into Reach space there are unlikely to be any observers. If you destroy them outright, you could dismiss anything the Reach says as mere propaganda."

"I could. But I won't. If you'll excuse me, I'll start requisitioning resources."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  25. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Good advice from OL.
    I honestly can't tell if Georgia followed OL's advice or not. She said "You could just wipe them out." Maybe, without OL's advice she would have said "You should just wipe them out."

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ahh, worried about what her beau will think.

Well unless the material and a power ring don't interact all that well and it can't make it.

Might remind him of daddy not so dearest.

'gives'

Still waiting on the Star Sapphire version.

'though his posture'

'and I take'

For a girl that studies people and society she still has a lot to learn.

And if the Reach are able to prove that Paul just callously wiped them out, then the OLC's credibility takes a massive hit.

For some reason I'm reminded of an episode from the 1995 Outer Limits in which a group of shapeshifting aliens pose as religious leaders and convince a bunch of humans to go with them in seclusion, but really they're on the mothership and the aliens are planning to brainwash them to be slaves to be sold.

Maybe the Reach are doing something similar here.

27. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

If an orange power ring can't make something you want, either you don't actually want it, or it can make the machine that makes the thing you want.

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Way more interested in the Georgia/Dox thing then the Reach

Which is worrying

Anyway, OL should give them both a few pointers. Just discreetly letting both know the other way nervous too might help?

29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

This link is dead for me.

moralrelativity likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Works for me.

[​IMG]

Anyone else?