1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The qwardianjin cultists "children" that Kalmin recruited.

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Same.

3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Female weaponer I think.

4. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Alright! Mad scientist fight! Normally I would be more concerned, but since this is Maltus, the Maltusians could probably just fix everything they break after they're done.

They are the q'ardajin that Paul and Kalmin brought back from Qward. They're there, as otherwise they would be used as test subjects by their society's mad scientists.

mastermenthe, Istaran, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  5. hance1986

hance1986 Not too sore, are you?

Thaddeus Jr it was mentioned didn't pursue girls or even mind control a cheerleader, it was said. It feels like this interaction is setting it up for him to hit it off with Daciya. Sivana Jr seems to come off with some Weaponer-like qualities in that Thaddeus also feels he is not accountable to most of creation. Junior and the female Weaponer are feeling out each other's mad science countermeasures but Paul is probably going to stop things before they destroy the lab.

6. Darko

Darko Well worn.

So like Hades in the Dresden Files in letting people have the things in his vault if they're able to get into it.

maybe 'that you were planning'

And are you aware that like half the Sivanas are kinda cracked in the head?

'walks in'

She shoulodn't have said that.

No, not really.

I guess when you live in an extremely advanced society and are a couple of billions years old, gender becomes somewhat irrelevant.

Kalmin being too focused on things that go boom.

Ahh, so I'm guessing Thad here just met his soulmate.

It's like a Cardassian courtship ritual, it starts with arguments and then they bang.

Actually, that's probably how Qwardians actually do it.

7. Darko

Darko Well worn.

When Paul and Kalmin went to Qward they were attacked by some of these guys, but they later teamed up with them and went with Kalmin when the mission was completed.

8. Signaller

Signaller Getting out there.

What are the Sivanas using as translators?

moralrelativity and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Well worn.

Most likely something they made themselves, or the planet has some widespread translation tech to help the various races on it talk.

10. crazygrox

crazygrox I trust you know where the happy button is?

As someone who's only read occasional snippets of this, I'm fortunate enough to have read the right snippets, they're Kalmin's students taken back from the antimatter universe after that incident where OL and Kalmin went to kill the reformist Weaponer who was selling Qwa matter to the Reach.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's fine.

12. Senevri

Senevri Know what you're doing yet?

Is Captain Marvel the alias in YJ? (X)

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Versed in the lewd.

It certainly seems that way to me.

Most entertaining this story has been in months.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Kalmin doesn't have the firmest grasp on workplace safety, though. Entirely appropriate for an omnicidal genius inventor, of course. Still, I expect Tad is taking all suitable precautions to delay the inevitable explosions...

Very sensible. I wonder if Kalmin feels slighted by that caution? :cool: Probably not, I suppose, since he'd have personally challenged the project leads if he had any complaints...

Because he'd probably realised any significant change to their designs would have come from somewhere. Of course, there's a difference between copying.. and inspiration.

Inspiration, OL. Seeing a slightly different way of doing.. whatever it does.. should give him a few ideas.

...Invent novel FTL? You made protective cages to allow you to ride along on someone else's method. :rolleyes:
    "It still counts!"

You know he almost certainly has. No need to dance around the question...

He says it like it's a point of pride. I don't think he's interested...

Unless he's going for some manner of achievement checklist, I doubt he plans that far ahead...

To be fair, some laws are a little... odd. Mostly the little local laws that get put down on the books for one specific case, and no-one ever bother to enforce. But I get the feeling Tad doesn't mean those sort of laws...

"Well, that sounds like a boring way to live."

Unfortunately, some people just aren't wired that way... The social outcasts, the habitual offenders, the oddballs and freaks that everyone else just find 'wrong'...

Hmm? Has Kalmin turned up? Brace for explosions, lads, ladies and everyone in-between.

Ah, the graduates Kalmin and OL picked up during that little 'heresy' breakout a couple of episodes back. I see they're settling on fine.

...Oh, boy. I can already get an idea of where this is going...

They're either going to fall in love at first sight...

...Or try to kill each other. Then again, Who knows how Qwardian romance works?

Oh, don't worry, OL. I'm sure they'll be fine.

...I can't even picture how that would work. I can't imagine how seeing it in person must be. It sounds like God's own Photoshop toolset...

"Please don't tell me this is 'Kalmin'? I was expecting better..."

To be fair, when most of your friends on Earth consider tight faux-leather materials in bright colours to be 'defensive equipment', your scale can get a little skewed. At least until they get smacked around by a bad guy and accept the upgrades offered.

Handy. A whole armoury at her fingertips? And in the fingertips too. :V

To be fair, I doubt even Solomon could recognise some of the crimes against science that fill your labs. Even if he'd done some reading on modern discoveries.

o_O ...How old are you, again? Also, being the smartest human doesn't count for much when you're one of three present.

True, that is a sensible idea. After all, you might feel nostalgic, or have a moment of realisation about some other conundrum while poking at it. I mean, even Kalmin might have moments when he's stuck on some new death ray, goes to have a think about it while fiddling with an old fancy and goes, "Ah-ha!"
    Also, as a wargaming enthusiast, I still have my oldest painted models in a box. Stuff painted without undercoat, or sprayed from a chrome rattle-can because teen me though it 'looked cool'...

What, and these days, you recycle failures? Admirable, but where's the sense of history?

Well, at least we're getting Explosions. :p

Oh, stop flirting and kiss, you too! Honestly, children!

Okay, we have Explosions. Now for the Science! Seriously, does anyone else get the feeling by the time we cut back tomorrow, they'll be closer to flirting about their weapons designs than actually trying to kill each other? Because this feels like the most violent form of a 'Meet-Cute' I've ever seen...

Double Space.

15. Darko

Darko Well worn.

That's Billy Batson's superhero name.

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Well worn.

A crazy Sivana with ideas.

A truly terrifying idea.

He's a villain, of course he's going to make things sound better for him.

But Paul loves dancing.

I'm getting the feeling the two aren't so different in Qwardian culture.

Or just look back and laugh at youthful mistakes.

It may be both honestly.

mastermenthe, Cuchulin, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  17. Old Knife

Old Knife Know what you're doing yet?

Oh nooo. They're going to mate!

18. MagnumForce

MagnumForce Getting out there.

"Hey, I know how to solve this, whoever does the most damage to the Reach wins!"

"Deal!"/"Challenge accepted."

*every Reach citizen shivers simultanously*

19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

20. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's always fun when a ship you never expected but are now super interested in appears in this story (relationship, not spaceship, which might be a necessary clarification in this story :p). I'm still a bit bummed about Canis Minor/Kaldur and Ted/Io not being anything. I don't know if there's any chance of Alan/Diana but those two have the time.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  21. Rafin

Rafin Know what you're doing yet?

I find it interesting how non-rebellious and imitative of his father Thaddeus Junior is. Like, I bet that there are plenty of rules he wouldn't dare to break, but even in the trivial or personal stuff he is willing to just do as he was taught to do even well into adulthood.

It makes me think that, given a different environment and some reason to mentally separate from his father, he might become a much more well adjusted individual. Senior has a hard time even amicably communicating with or understanding his own parallel selfs, but Junior evidently has no problem understanding, agreeing with or putting himself into the shoes of (some of) his family members. And he even listens to his Mom's rules, a person who is very different from him. Again, even as an adult.

22. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

Ph.D or PhD, the 'H' shouldn't be capitalized.

23. Mr Zoat

Thaddeus Sivana Junior is... I think he's seventeen at this point.
    Thank you, corrected.

24. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Why do I feel like this is a line from someone I should know, and my brain just can't come up with it. Part of it is saying Megamind, and other is saying Abridged Perfect Cell.

25. I_S

I_S Getting some practice in, huh?

Seeing them together, its eerie how similar the Sivanas clan is to just baseline weaponeers in terms of logic.

I'm no longer certain the weaponeers are not the result of Sivanas engaging in time travel and making their own society. I know they aren't right... Canonically Qwad was'nt founded by time traveling Sivanas clan creating their own society?

26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Experienced.

Ah Mad Science Flirting... always fun to see.

mastermenthe and RamiroGalletti like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Well worn.

This potential romance reminds me of Penelope and Stewies relationship.

Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  28. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

I really like the Sivana's, even if they are (mostly) all pyschos, at least they can stand on their own.

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. Rafin

Rafin Know what you're doing yet?

Woah. I thought they were quite a bit older. If they are already better adjusted than their father at this age they might not even have inherited all that much of his particular neurodivergence.

How old are Magnificus and Beautia?

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Coda

Coda I trust you know where the happy button is?

There's definitely SOME sort of "bang" at that point.

Sockmonkey likes this.