1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

delete the full stop

roll -> role

on -> in

delete 'will'

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So Diana God broke her.

Ahh, Renegade.

Ever the asshole.

Yes, you do shudder.

If only on a spiritual level.

'in concert'

More god speech.

And that's such a Diana thing to say.

This is not the weirdest thing that has happened and you know it you big grey douchebag.

According to some people you were pretty hot-headed as a kid.

The daughters of Herakles could make sure she doesn't hurt the more squishier of the Amazons.

'got to find'

'you still want'

3. Genocidecles

Genocidecles Know what you're doing yet?

Papa bear mode ACTIVATE!!!

4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

"Lin in danger? New plan: everybody dies!!!"

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

6. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

... You know, eventually, after enough times of Gravy salting the Earth beneath the idiots who assault his child, I hope they're going to get the message and stop.

7. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

I do believe Actual!Grayven is about to have a...re-alignment of his perspective.

DAT_NOOB, Vorian, BBJimmy and 7 others like this.
  8. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Ah. Ah. The price of Paragon choices- you expend or fail to obtain resources. By ceding to Diana, he can’t lead these bullet-sponges in defense of his family.
    A minor, immediate headache. But! It means he doesn’t have to deal with the long term migraine Diana’s accepted by taking responsibility for this fleet of radioactive waste.

Y’know. Old-Grayven could have asked DeSaad (who probably had a feed to the dead Fatherbox) about Renegade-Grayven’s weaknesses.

Prince Charon, Relyt33, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

...Rather stupid? Let's not comment on that. Rather, let's consider how likely it is that the changes Diana will inevitably pronounce are to sink into the Citizenry. After all, for most of them, this way of life has been all they've known. And I rather suspect some of the leaders Diana's going to have to smack down enjoy their lot as it is now...

At least she's not dead. So no fear of certain vengeance-dispensing spirits coming looking for her.

...She's giving a 'Why can't we all get along' speech, isn't she? Or is it the 'You can be better than this!' kind?

Claim self-defence? Theana did make it quite clear she was going to go for your throat.

Yeah, I doubt she's going to drop any surprising ideas.

...A good start.

Better. Can't do much about the mess in the crowd, but you can blame that on her.

Maybe check she's not suffering too bad a concussion, too. Don't want her dropping dead in a brain-bleed later.

Plus, can you count on Diana being able to support your Godspeech with her own, given that she's not really tried to use it much, especially without the Lasso?

I know it stings, but maybe this is for the best, Renegade. Anything Diana gets them to do will only be a step up from what they are now.

Not unless Astarte speaks up, And I'm not sure she's in any shape for that...

Nope, looks like Diana's Truth-based mind-whammy did a real number on her.

In case that doesn't make sense, consider the following: steel wrapped in silk. Which sums up Diana pretty well.

Heh, now's the chance for a little trolling.

Let's hope they take it to heart. Perhaps you'll need to leave them with a 'Don't make us come back here...' threat.

Admittedly, I doubt Theana is quite as dangerous to Diana as her mother was. Meaner and bitchier, maybe, not not that better a fighter.

Yes, that would make even Batman go 'Seriously?'

If not there's always some manner of psycho-surgery possible. Genomorphs, for example.

Just make sure you don't use one of the other rivers... Some of those have nasty side-effects...

Yeah, not the biggest loss. And it'd give her a second chance to have a normal life (for an Amazon, at least.)

Hopefully that doesn't leave her as a little girl in a woman's body...

Hopefully they have some way to bind her enhanced abilities down to a safe level, or she could get a little rough.

Yeah, Diana is spreading herself a little thin, with so many jobs... On the other hand, most don't require much of her time...

Hopefully crippling their ships afterwards to prevent them up and leaving. Something like that unfortunate Gordanian Clan...

On the upside, Vega does have a Lantern Corps right there. That might encourage them to be a little less dickish to their new neighbours.

...Oh, she's good. I didn't realise she'd even noticed their little byplay.

Oh, that's not good. Hopefully nothing major...

:eek: ...Well, shit. Someone's about to die. Messily.

Hmm... Grayven-16 taking advantage of the Renegade's being distracted with the Citizenry, or some unrelated matter of someone who really hasn't been paying attention? Could this be Arion the Elderly coming to poke the beehive? ...Has the Renegade left any other enemy alive willing and capable of attacking his family? At any rate, they're about to get a lesson in fatherly overprotectiveness.

10. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Umm. Someone is attacking Lynne?
    Yikes.

This is gonna be ugly.

Prince Charon and FourthPear like this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So Diana may create an interstellar force of noble warriors.

True, but i think the renegade was describing himself there as the iron to Diana's silk.

Far weirder things have happened.

A demigod forcing another demigod to talk to their younger self is one of the least weirdest things.

I think she was a teenager when she was taken.

If not then the daughters of Herakles, or some other super strong Amazons, can keep her under control.

They're villains.

Don't expect them to do the smart thing.

12. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I knew it! I knew it! This was a distraction and it was so obvious! Come on, Grayven, you're supposed to be the Renegade for Source's sake!

Leave Diana to her self-imposed mess, now there's no time to nor will she let you erase them. Now it's time for the main event and you're in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and part of your fleet is out of position as well. And there better not be any kind of imminent danger to Lynne; nobody touches the most important person, and possibly future Mind Ruler, of this universe!

13. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Spare quotation mark at the end there.
    Well... she doesn't seem to be in a "I'm going to die in the next five seconds" panic, so they at least haven't been hit with an overwhelming initial strike.

14. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I'm curious to see how powerful Ace is now that she's had Goddess-hood and all those tutors for what seems like several years of training.

15. JamesEye

JamesEye Not too sore, are you?

DEFEND SPIDER DAUGHTER WITH ALL POSSIBLE ORDINACE!

16. Otto von Saurion

Otto von Saurion Father of Wetlands

…That’s not Spider-Guilders-daughter. That’s Justice-Lords-versus-Thanagarian-hyperspace-bypass-daughter.

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I will laugh if it ends up that Grayven did the exact thing I suggested he might and bypassed Vega to strike the place Renagade actually invested himself in.

18. PKRudeBoy

PKRudeBoy Making the rounds.

I see that someone has decided to commit an elaborate form of suicide.

19. Tembu

Tembu Trying to read here

Just posting my annual suggestion that these weird bizarro timeliness should be separated and be their own story. I stopped trying to follow all timelines at the same time 2 years ago and every time I tried to catch up its been impossible. Will probably post again next year.

Dappershire likes this.
  20. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Cut scene to a mother holding a baby in her arms, while another child holds fast to her leg, heaving wracking sobs for their shattered world and murdered father, who is even now being processed into xenocide porridge. Irrelevant refugees of the heinous crime Diana herself witnessed her new people commit less than a day ago, and one of the the countless atrocities the Citizenry left behind to account for. How many sentient beings did they kill? Billions? Trillions? Quadrillions?

Whatever it was, they stole at least 40 Hitlers worth of innocent lives! That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible!*
    Edit made by Pretty Pretty Princess Diana, Who is not a signatory to any UN or international treaties on war crimes, and did not study the concept of Hostis humani generis in school.

21. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    We'll look forward to it!
    [​IMG]

22. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Found a few errors with coloring,

23. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

WHY??

EDIT:
    Hush now this isn't 40k

24. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

I'm curious exactly what Diana thinks will become of these people, who came to this change in their ways not through self realization but through defeat. Regardless, she's responsible for whatever results of them now. I hope they can truly atone and build something worthwhile.

I get it.
    I don't like it.
    But I get it.

25. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Someone better make a joke about how she couldn't wait to become queen of the Amazons, so she went and stole someone else's group.

26. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Renegade: Tell me where to find those responsible. Then dig more graves.

27. Mr Zoat

Whaw QQ was fighting me hard on fixing this one. Thank you, corrected.
    I wanted to use the 'softer punch' clip from God, the Devil and Bob, but I couldn't find it.

28. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh look someone decided to commit Ankh-Morpork suicide.

Pretty sure once he's done with whomever just attacked his daughter you're going to need a mop for the remains.

They attacked your Daughter?

Yes and I made my displeasure known to them.

Right, so where are the bodies?

all around.

Grayven the walls of this room weren't red this morning were they?

No no they were not.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not if he disintegrates them.

He can get rid of his enemies and not have to clean up afterwards!

30. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

But... but disintegration takes so much more energy than vaporization...

(Less fun, too...)