1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

First, I am still immensely entertained by peace hammer in general.

Second, Paul (or maybe Grayven) needs to go to Lucifer’s bar and say to the man himself “Hey handsome. Did it hurt, when you fell from heaven? Wink

He’ll suffer something horrific but it will be hilarious

2. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Out of curiosity, how exactly does Paul intend to settle the particular grudge held towards Elfkind for the War of The Beard?

Tons and tons and TONS of gold? Underway Repairs?

And is there really any precedent to allow a third party such as Paul, to deal with such a monumental grievance between Elves and Dwarves in the first place?
    A BIT quick of Teclis to agree to that deal, but having read of the suffering he's endured thanks to the curse, I can't say I blame him.

Besides, he'll obviously give Paul the information he needs to fully treat his supernatural affliction so that no mistakes are made.

After he's healed, I wonder if a missive or even an appearance from a VERY grateful Tyrion should be expected. He DOES have a psychic connection to his twin, after all.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, he's still alive.
    I don't think that's correct.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I don't think that's correct.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, for some reason, in Warhammer it's written 'dwarfs'.
    Thank you, corrected.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Zoat mentioned that Lucifer is no longer in his bar owner stage.

Granted that didn't exactly last long in the comics.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Then you really shouldn't be offering to try and fix it...

After all... What if The Curse decides to punish you in some way for reversing its effects?

And nobody try to argue the Loremaster would warn Paul about it... Because he's a high elf... He would have no compunction about fucking Paul over to fix himself...

Cuchulin, CTrees and Otto von Saurion like this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heh. Watch that mouth, Naggarothi, before you end up tasting shoe leather. Still, I doubt Elves have quite the same obsessiveness about their endowments that human men do... It's just more prone to coming out in their headwear than their weaponry... :p

Oh well. Mistakes made, lessons learned. And honestly, Aranei wasn't that good a person, so it came up as rather an improvement anyway.

In case anyone's wondering, No, Dark Elves in Warhammer don't look any different to the High or Wood Elf branches. More of a tendency towards sneering, assholery and dark hair, but not so great a difference as, say, the Drow of D&D.

Heh. An Elf of dark humour, eh. I find myself liking him already.

Not that this Paul believes or worships any god, I expect. To paraphrase Pratchett, it'll only encourage the sods.

Admittedly, that's a slippery slope into Tangseid territory...

And it's a sad and telling fact that it took the imminent end of the world to get them to work together. Never mind that the old divisions opened right back up when they found themselves in a new setting afterwards...

Ah, she's busy resting? What with a newborn child under their roof...

Who'd have thought a Dark Elf could be such a proud daddy?

To be fair, I'm sure such pointy decoration is more useful in Naggaroth, to keep the Gargoyles off the roof.

Slow down there a bit, sweetcakes. Might want to at least ask permission, first? These aren't Humans, after all...

Though I don't doubt Dayrak has plenty of sharp blades within easy reach and would fight like a man possessed to keep his little girl safe...

Ah, good, he's willing to enforce a little courtesy, I see.

And given that this is Mousillion, vampire capital of Bretonnia, that 'ask permission to enter' is likely rigidly observed...

In other words, Elf babies are Elf babies, whatever their birthplace...

And you grossly misunderstand the Dawi code of honour, if you think that...

But don't assume it'll be water under the bridge. A Dwarf may forgive a grudge, but they'll never forget it... Not for a generation or two...

Ah, there's a familiar voice.

Or at least a much-put-upon squire. Still, I take it Mallobaude doesn't trust the Elves to join in the defence of the village, despite them being a lot more likely to succeed at it...

Heh. And now I realise where one of the Arcane Sorcery items got its inspiration: The Eternal Stair terrain piece. Still, good to see he's not one for flashiness where it's not needed.

Despite Paul's best efforts to convince him otherwise?

Elf's got a point, you're racking up quite the list of owed boons.

Ah, trying to do something good for the lady Aranei, eh?

...Which doesn't leave a lot of of options...

Given the only other alternatives consist of a Beastman, a Vampire or a very lost Wood Elf, I can understand that moment of confusion and trepidation.

...Besides the goodwill of someone who is effectively a demigod?

Good point. I doubt his ego would allow that.

Ah, here we go...

With raises a terrifying idea: Teclis with his full magical might and all the physicality of his twin brother Tyrion? He might not be so skilled in the use of arms, but he would be quite the nightmare in melee, well on par with a Chaos Sorceror...

Wow, the Renegade's swearing must have taken quite a while to die down. On the upside, we get Paul offering one hell of a great deal to the great Archmage. I wouldn't be surprised if Teclis is hoping he can flat-out eat the curse off of him, given his displayed ability to consume magical energies. The biggest risk is it also messing with his soul... On the upside, there's a good chance he'll come out of this considerably more virile. :cool: Ladies...

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget leather and skulls.

Yep.

Plus it's just fair that he get something.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

...ohh who am I kidding, I was also in the gutter.

8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He did, it was another in the long list of characters Zoat wrote out for being too powerful.

9. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Neither did I, and I know little of WH in general, but after a short wiki crawl...
    - Wow, Teclis is a legit good guy. Could fit in with the JL.
    - The curse is ill-defined, soft magic. If it's an ongoing effect, any cure OL can pull off might be temporary (although quite desirable, as "conventional" medical intervention also seems to work), or worst case, shift the effects to something nastier, such as neurological or psychological decreptitude.
    OTOH, OL might be able to pull off a full cure, too. Both seem plausible.

Razorfloss likes this.
  10. Tzeentch

ARANEI: The Teclis, High Loremaster of Hoeth, instructing me in the ways of Qhyash? Oh, how BRILLIANT, My Lord! Yes, I understand your intention! I shall apply all my arts, seduce this Archmage and steal all of his greatest arcane secrets for our benefit!

PAUL: .....Aranei I made a deal with Teclis, and he's willing teach you what he knows. That's all. There's no need to seduce ANYONE.

ARANEI: (a little disappointed) Oh... Are you sure?

PAUL: QUITE sure. (turns to Teclis) Don't worry, she won't try anything. No seduction attempts whatsoever.

(Teclis looks Aranei up and down appreciatively, and turns back to Paul...)

TECLIS: (a little disappointed) Are you sure?

Razorfloss, Lotor, Cuchulin and 19 others like this.
  11. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Hmm. How attractive will Teclis be after Paul fixes his body?

Also it looks like Peacehammer!Paul hasn’t tinkered with his libido, so… raises eyebrows.

12. Tzeentch

Well, his twin is supposedly one of the most handsome elves on Ulthuan, so there's certainly a strong likelihood of Teclis being made almost identical to him.... unless any vanity he might have compels him to ask for an extra feature or two, like larger muscles for example.

13. Dappershire

Dappershire Getting out there.

"...and I want a bigger hat!"

14. Blinks

Blinks Getting some practice in, huh?

Teclis is already a whole lotta hat. You start adding more hat you'll be reaching Nagash levels and you don't want that. You never go full Nagash.

15. Smartkittykhan

Smartkittykhan Making the rounds.

Well this is turning out rather productive for everyone involved.

Wonder what other things Paol's done with the Dwarfs.
    Actually if he killed Skarsnik does that mean Karak Eight Peaks is part of the Karaz Ankor again?

crazygrox likes this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The problem is, what does that do to his intuitive grasp of magic? Teclis didn't become the greatest wizard purely by studying extra hard; he had a knack for it was his brother did warfare. What if the Curse was the reason for that?
    Kind of. The dwarfs don't really have the people to fully reoccupy it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

But... He did become the greatest wizard by studying extra hard...

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

There is plenty of disagreement about how the species of short tough people should be spelled including alot disagreement not how the different plurals work and when they should be used.

Cuchulin and mastermenthe like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We know the curse played a role in him devoting more time to studying since due to the damage it caused to his body he didn't really have much of a choice.

His father, who was also a highly skilled and knowledgeable mage and from whom Teclis may have inherited his talent, also spent more time with Teclis, partly due to Teclis needing more care and partly because Teclis shared his inclinations towards intellectual pursuits.

We know the curse played a part in him becoming a talented mage, but not if it's the source of his skill with magic.

20. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

In a purely pedantic sense "dwarfs" is more correct than "dwarves". Words of Norse origin are pluralised by adding an "s", not with "ves". The entire reason "dwarves" is a thing at all is because Tolkien got it wrong and browbeat his editor when the poor man tried to correct him on it.

Of course, in a real world sense "ves" is is equally, if not more, correct because English is a consensus language and more people use "ves" than "s".

Basically it can go either way; I personally like "s" because having a sharp sound applied pedantically is basically peak dorf.

21. FreeGod

Thinking about it the Dwarf mindset would make many of them extremely suitable as recruits for an orange* lantern corps (so long as the rings don't turn them into stone). Pick a Dwarf with the right grudges and they will pursue them with a power and persistence that most power ring users of any color would be hard put to match.

*Or red

22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Is it not Dawi? ;)

23. FreeGod

It gets worse when you consider that dwarfs tend to be in fantasy universes with many different fantasy languages. Considering that the English language custom is usually to steal words from other languages which language should we steal it from?

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Anyone else find it funny that Aranei is a Dark Elf while Kaleina is a High Elf in the story, when the reverse is the case in the song from which they derive their names?

25. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

I suspect it might be for the same reason they are 'orks' instead of 'orcs', legal judo (or avoidance thereof) with the Tolkien Foundation.

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Tzeentch

"Obscene" definitely sums up The End Times.

Wouldn't you know it, the only wiki page that appears to cover Finreir is in Spanish. Thank God for Google Translate. VERY reluctant to teach humans Magic, though I suppose after seeing what absolute monsters humans can become, (in the case of Mannfred von Carstein), it's fairly understandable why he would be a bit wary of humanity as a whole.

Oddly enough, he might be one of the few elves that takes mankind seriously, if only for the threat they might represent to Ulthuan.

Ardy likes this.
  27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

If you want to be pedantic,

' dwarrows '

Vorian likes this.
  28. Tzeentch

Having read Gotrek and Felix, I wonder how surreal it'll be for Felix to witness Gotrek launch into an angry anti-elf rant, only for the dwarf to immediately calm down after being told that the Grudge held for The War of The Beard has been settled, and then nonchalantly change to subject to the matter of slaying trolls, or why anything dwarf-made is better than anything human-made.

Someguy Somewhere likes this.
  29. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

It was settled. The dwarves killed the Phoenix King and looted the body.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Aelyx

Aelyx It is I, Q, who are you?

The Peacehammer arc is probably my favorite thus far, I don't remember if Paul has any solution for the Skaven just yet though.

Tzeentch and Cuchulin like this.